Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Northwest Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics

» Adventure Logs - RIFTS
Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 2:53 pm by Teramotos

» Pathfinder 2e Wanderer's Guide Upgrade
Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 12:21 pm by Ross

» Fallout on Amazon Prime Video
Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am by Ross

» Adventure Logs - Wisdom Warriors of Newport - Beginner Series 4e
Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 12:11 am by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Shaelrick Adventures - PF2e
Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 7:34 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! Saturday April 6th Pathfinder 2e Continued
Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:26 am by Krystoff

» Adventure Logs - The Eastern Knights
Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 9:39 pm by Teramotos

» Savage Rifts Advancement/Rank
Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:52 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! Friday 8 March - Pathfinder 2e Newport Hills 6 PM
Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 6:29 am by Teramotos

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 801 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:27 pm

+3
David
Krystoff
Dwarmaj
7 posters

Lizardman Room (Session actions)

Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Number of posts : 5285
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 Empty Re: Lizardman Room (Session actions)

Post by Dwarmaj Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:04 pm

Candelos:
    On the east side you'd be adjacent to the lizardman, but each would have cover (-2 to attack). You can ear Quinn and Kaddim, but can't see them from where you're at.

Sonya:
    You go down the stairs 5' (1 square) and use Commander's Strike. Candelos swings at the Lizardman for a critical hit and does 19 points of damage.

Kaddim's turn. You are dazed and can take a single action this turn.
    Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 Player13
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Number of posts : 3867

Character sheet
    Campaign: 4e-Against the Giants
    Character Name: Kazoo Noisemaker
    Player Name: Ross

Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 Empty Re: Lizardman Room (Session actions)

Post by Ross Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:44 pm

Hit small Lizardman with Booming Blade (at-will power).

Silk - Human/Hexblade [4e-Dark Nights Rising Campaign]
    Kazoo - Halfling(Kender)/Hybrid(Rogue/Druid) [4e-Against the Giants]
    Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
    Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
    Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Shandral Aurlong - Human/Sorcerer [5e-Horde of the Dragon Queen Campaign]
    Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
    Battlefield Soldier: Saturnicus
    Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
    Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
    XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:48 pm

Kaddim rolls a 17 vs AC and misses

Sorry, I rolled before you joined...
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:58 pm

The "smaller" lizardman fighting Kaddim attacks twice, hits once for 8hp. It attempts to shift, but falls prone. Sad
    Kaddim sees the other spearman lizardman go beneath the water and disappear...

The "shaman" lizardman moves and casts a spell into the hallway the PCs are coming down. Candelos, Mire, and Sonya are caught in the effect.
    Candelos hit 19 vs Ref he is Immobilized
    Miri miss 20 vs Ref
    Sonya miss 10 vs Ref
    The area marked in yellow (the stairway) is filled with a swampy slimy liquid and is considered "Difficult Terrain".
    Quinn and Kaddim are no longer dazed.
    Quinn's turn...
    Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 Player14
    Teramotos
    Teramotos

Number of posts : 4850
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 Empty Lizardman Stability

Post by Teramotos Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:56 pm

...is the "smaller" Lizardman that is directly north of Sonya, not the "large" lizardman near the entryway, standing in the water or swimming so his head is above the surface? I assume he is standing.

Sonya Morecut (Human Warlord) - SG1
    Whey Baker (Human Fighter) - SG1
    Archemedies - (Githyanki Artificer) - Slave Ship
    Alysa Redfield (Human Archer Warlord) - Dark Nights Rising
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:03 pm

Sonya can't see him yet, she has to be halfway down the stairs to see into the room and then only straight ahead. Candelos can relay info on the lizardman that's ahead of you.
    Teramotos
    Teramotos

Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 Empty to Candelos

Post by Teramotos Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:15 pm

as a free action, Sonya will say, "Candelos, where did that slime come from? Was it cast? Is the caster standing or swimming ahead of us? I need to know where the caster is."

Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Candelos saw the "smaller" lizardman ahead of him to the north cast it. He's standing in waist deep water.
    David
    David

Number of posts : 392
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by David Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:22 am

Shift north one space and then use a daily that hopefully does 3W damage. If it crits I want to use my swords daily. Hopefully the daily is reliable so if I miss I don't use the daily power up.
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:28 am

Quinn shifts and barely maintains his balance... (you rolled 24 on your acrobatics check).
    Quinn uses a daily power and roll 17. The lizardman was prone so you actually hit him for 24 points of damage.

Thia's turn...
    Krystoff
    Krystoff

Number of posts : 1677

Post by Krystoff Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:28 am

Thia moves NW 1 square as normal movement and then 3 squares north through difficult terrain. She should be able to see the spellcaster from there and will use a twin shot against him.
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:34 am

Dude, you seriously need some new dice...

Thia moves and can see the lizardman. She uses twinstrike.
    First shot modified roll of 15 miss
    Second shot modified roll of 12 miss

The large lizardman next to Candelos swings and misses. Candelos notices that he seems to be healing.
    The large lizardman next to Kaddim swings and misses.

Kaddim and Quinn don't believe the lizardman their fighting is healing like he was earlier.

Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 Player15
    Miri's turn...
    David
    David

Post by David Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:23 pm

I don't understand why there was a acrobatics roll. I made it so not that important but just wanting clarification for the future.
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:28 pm

I'll see if I can find the post, but earlier I mentioned to Kaddim that the floor of the platform you're on is wet and shiney (that's all his and your perception checks allow for).

In the previous round the lizardman tried to shift away and missed his roll and slipped and went prone.

You figure it's a DC18 acrobatics check to move while on the platform. Even then max speed is 1/2 your normal movement.
    Kenji

Number of posts : 3459

Post by Kenji Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:51 pm

Miri's move action: move 2 squares North and 1 square West (to middle of stairs diagonally behind Candelos and the large Lizardman)
    Miri's standard action: bust out another daily... summon Bigby's Icy Grasp just North of the large Lizardman Candelos is fighting and just South of the smaller Lizardman (in between both). Attack & attempt to grab large Lizardman.
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:57 pm

Hmm, According to the Character Builder (and the tokens), Miri doesn't have Icy Grasp memorized.
    When a wizard gets a daily or utility power they get to choose two. During each extended rest they choose one of that level to memorize.

At the start of her day Miri had:
    Memorized:
    1: Flaming Sphere
    2: Shield
    5: Stinking Cloud
    6: Wall of Fog

Left in your spell book is:
    1: Sleep
    2: Feather Fall
    5: Icy Grasp
    6: Dimension Door

Would you like to cast a Stinking Cloud or Wall of Fog instead?
    Teramotos
    Teramotos

Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 Empty Miri

Post by Teramotos Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:08 pm

As a free action Sonya says "Miri, don't cast any spell which might prevent our comrades from seeing me and hearing my inspiring words and encouragements to battle bravely!"

Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:14 pm

Crap! I need to memorize different spells when we rest...
    No, I don't want to cast either of those since they both block line of sight & will screw up everyone else's attacks.
    Switch to "Enemies Abound" encounter power, same location, effecting both large & small Lizardman.
    Also, my last post was cut off for some reason... Add minor action: cast 'light' on small Lizardman
    Add Miri's free action: "Hang on there boys... the girls are here!"
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:17 pm

Teramotos wrote:As a free action Sonya says "Miri, don't cast any spell which might prevent our comrades from seeing me and hearing my inspiring words and encouragements to battle bravely!"
    Of course not! :-)
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:24 pm

Miri casts Enemies Abound
    Large Lizardman 20 vs Will hits for 19 damage
    Small Lizardman 12 vs Will miss

You can't cast Light on a creature. The target is "one object or unoccupied square".

I don't think it's legal to target an item on another creature (at least you couldn't in 3.5 unless the spell specifically stated it).

Candelos' turn, then Sonya
    Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 Player16
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:32 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:
    Small Lizardman 12 vs Will miss
    12... Man we're rolling bad! She's +9 to hit! :-(
    Dwarmaj wrote:You can't cast Light on a creature. The target is "one object or unoccupied square".

I don't think it's legal to target an item on another creature (at least you couldn't in 3.5 unless the spell specifically stated it)
    That's right... change to unoccupied square immediately East of small Lizardman
    David
    David

Post by David Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:33 pm

Sorry I missed the slippery part. Thank you for the clarification. Quinn was dazed remember he was just happy he was able to move out of the water. ;)
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:06 pm

Yay! 2 19 point hits on the large Lizardman and he looks like he's almost bloodied... until their cleric heals him, anyway. :-(
    Seems like we should concentrate on the big guy since Candelos is immobilized and can probably only attack him anyway, he's much more wounded than the spellcaster, and if we can take him out this round, we can move into his square & have line of sight on our bloodied boys.
    Spell casters suck, especially since we're all grouped together for his area spells, but I think it's more important to take out the pretty wounded big guy so we can get into the room. That's my suggestion, the boys are much more wounded than the girls and I think all the girls need LOS to help them.
    Mick
    Mick

Number of posts : 1671
    Registration date : 2008-12-03

Post by Mick Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:17 pm

Candelos: Imobile
    Minor action: Divine Challange to mark large lizardman.
    Move action as a Minor action to use Reckless sword power (+4 damage, but -2 AC for me)
    Swing with Holy Strike
    End of turn: save for imobile?
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:27 pm

Candelos swings... and misses 16 vs AC
    You did make your save and are no longer immobilized.

Sonya's turn...
    Teramotos
    Teramotos

Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 Empty Sonya's Turn

Post by Teramotos Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:20 pm

Move Action - Move two squares (costs 4) to the bottom of the stairway (this is just at the edge of the water, right?). If this doesn't take me to the bottom of the stairs, still out of the water, then see alternate move action.

Alternate Move Action - Run to get the two extra to my speed to make it to the bottom of the stair, yet still out of the water. I'm okay if the big lizard man gets an AoO on me. I'll at least try to stay to my left if that gets me out of his range and still gets me to the bottom of the stair.

Standard Action - Use Commander's Strike and give Quinn a Free Basic Attack. If I cannot see Quinn, give the Free Basic Attack to Candelos.

Out of range to heal Quinn.
    Free Action - say "If you two are wounded, attempt to move toward us if you can."

Done

Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:26 pm

Here's a pic of what Sonya can see:
    Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 Player17

You give a basic attack to Candelos and he hits for12hp damage. The large lizardman looks bloodied.

Kaddim's turn...
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:45 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:
    You give a basic attack to Candelos and he hits for12hp damage.
    Does Candelos' "reckless sword" power work on the next hit, or only that one swing that missed? Iow, does this include the +4 damage?
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:02 pm

From the Character Builder
    Recless Weapon:

Free Action. Use this power before making a melee attack against an adjacent target. You gain a power bonus to that attacks's damage roll equal to twice this weapon's enhancement bonus. You take a -2 penalty to AC until the end of your next turn.

I guess the debatable part would be whether or not he could use it twice in the same round. It is a free action, but unless the AC penalty stacks I don't think it's intended to be used more than once a round.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:12 pm

Yeah, it says "that attack", so I would agree. I was hoping it was a 1 round thing and worked on his next hit.
    I would think it could not be used 2x in the same round.
    David
    David

Post by David Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:28 pm

Why wouldn't the -2 AC stack? It lasts until the end of his next turn so to put it into perspective he used it last round so he is already at -2 AC, he uses it again next round (before that -2 goes away) and he hits. That would be -4 until the end of the round and it just happens the minion is able to attack back for some reason so that minion would get nicer target, he ends his rond and its only -2. Thats a VERY special case just like the given another attack in a round so if he wanted to use it don't see why he couldn't.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:33 pm

Free action, Miri will say to Thia:
    "If the big Lizardman is still up and and doesn't move, and you don't have an attack on him, our turns are right after each other, so if you want to delay, I could cast a spell on him & then move back giving you my spot."
    (will say this quietly & in common to try to keep the Lizardman from hearing/understanding...)
    Krystoff
    Krystoff

Post by Krystoff Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:46 pm

Sounds good,

When it is my turn I will delay until after Miri and move into her spot and shoot the lizardman with a twin shot and also use hunter's quarry on him.
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Number of posts : 3867

Character sheet
    Campaign: 4e-Against the Giants
    Character Name: Kazoo Noisemaker
    Player Name: Ross

Post by Ross Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:25 pm

Did my turn online. First time I hit, and coincidentally wasn't being controlled by Ken. Gee, strange how that works.

Kaddim screams, "We could use a little help in here."
    Says to Quinn, "Wenches. Sheesh."

Shielding Fire : The creature takes fire damage and is marked. This mark does not effect your class feature marks.  
     A gout of flame springs from your sword, searing your enemy and threatening to consume it in deadlier flames.
    (1) Lizardman 3 
    —Rolled 22 vs. Fortitude  
    — 16 fire damage.

Silk - Human/Hexblade [4e-Dark Nights Rising Campaign]
    Kazoo - Halfling(Kender)/Hybrid(Rogue/Druid) [4e-Against the Giants]
    Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
    Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
    Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Shandral Aurlong - Human/Sorcerer [5e-Horde of the Dragon Queen Campaign]
    Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
    Battlefield Soldier: Saturnicus
    Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
    Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
    XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:42 pm

The lizardman fighting Kaddim and Quinn gets off of the ground and performs a Double Attack on Kaddim, both miss.
    The "shaman" casts a spell and catches Sonya, Candelos, Miri, and Thia in the radius.
    Sonya 23 vs Fort hit 19 damage and is dazed
    Candelos 26 vs Fort hit 19 damage and is dazed
    Miri 11 vs Fort miss
    Thia 24 vs Fort hit 19 damage and is dazed.

The "shaman" then submerges, Candelos and Thia see him swimming under the water to the east.
    Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 Player18

Quinn's turn...
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:45 pm

Status update:

Kaddim 30/71hp
    Quinn 28/67hp
    Sonya 35/56hp
    Candelos 26/65hp
    Miri 38/50hp
    Thia 28/60hp
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Ross wrote:
    Kaddim screams, "We could use a little help in here."
    Says to Quinn, "Wenches. Sheesh."
    Miri yells, "What do you think we're doing with this big guy & the spellcaster? They probably would be attacking you if we weren't in here... Remember this: Girls kick ass!!"
    Miri says more quietly to the other girls (& Candelos is probably in ear shot), "Is he screaming like a little girl?" :-)
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:56 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:
    The "shaman" casts a spell and catches Sonya, Candelos, Miri, and Thia in the radius.
    Sonya 23 vs Fort hit 19 damage and is dazed
    Candelos 26 vs Fort hit 19 damage and is dazed
    Miri 11 vs Fort miss
    Thia 24 vs Fort hit 19 damage and is dazed.
    Holy crap! I hope that thing was his last daily! Almost our whole party is bloodied and weren't there more than these 4 under water in here?...
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:09 pm

bradly wrote:Holy crap! I hope that thing was his last daily! Almost our whole party is bloodied and weren't there more than these 4 under water in here?...

Thia says (with a 20 Nature check) that she's seen these before and that the ability recharges. The sooner we put it down the better...
    Teramotos
    Teramotos

Lizardman Room (Session actions) - Page 2 Empty Meta Gaming

Post by Teramotos Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:12 pm

Free action, Miri will say to Thia: "If the big Lizardman is still up and and doesn't move, and you don't have an attack on him, our turns are right after each other, so if you want to delay, I could cast a spell on him & then move back giving you my spot." (will say this quietly & in common to try to keep the Lizardman from hearing/understanding...)

Now, would Miri really say "our turns... delay... give you my spot"?
    How about "Thia, if you don't have a good attack on the big lizardman, wait until I cast a spell on him and retreat, THEN you can move into the opening and attack." ?

Free Action: Sonya mumbles (need a perception check to hear her) "...now he's calling me a wench. I don't feel that inspired toward him. Lack of recon equals ambush everytime..."

Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:45 pm

Teramotos wrote:
    Now, would Miri really say "our turns... delay... give you my spot"?
    You're right. I didn't say that in first person very well. Good catch!
    Teramotos wrote:Free Action: Sonya mumbles (need a perception check to hear her) "...now he's calling me a wench.
    Actually, Sonya didn't hear him say that (he said it just to Quinn), just like they didn't hear Miri call Kaddim a little girl...
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:09 pm

Quinn's turn, then Thia...
    David
    David

Post by David Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:46 am

I shift to the diagonal space that will give me and Ross Flanking. I then do Reaping Strike (at-will) and use unbreakable (minor) to give me some temp hit points.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:07 am

Thia was going to delay until after Miri...
    Standard action: Miri will cast Magic Missle on the big Lizardman she's been attacking.
    move action: since Miri isn't dazed & Thia is, can she use her move action to grab the adjacent Thia and move her into her spot? (backing up a space herself?)
    If not Miri will simply move 1 square so for her move action after casting MM on the big Lizardman.
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:09 am

Quinn shifts (rolls 23 for his acrobatics check to avoid falling) and uses Reaping Strike. He hits with a 31 vs AC and does 20 points of damage.

Thia's turn
    David
    David

Post by David Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:11 am

Unstoppable is a 2D6 plus my CON in temp hip points, you make that roll Sir? Its a daily utility minor action.
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:13 am

Sorry, you can't move someone without making a grab, moving them into your square, them move yourself.

Sonya and Candelos are infront of Miri, is Miri going to move one square backwards?
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:17 am

Sorry, that power isn't listed for Quinn. I show the following in the Character Builder:
    1, At-Will: Cleave
    1, At-Will: Reaping Strike
    1, At-Will: Sure Strike
    1, Encounter: Steel Serpent Strike
    1, Daily: Lasting Threat
    2, Utility: Pass Forward
    3, Encounter: Sweeping Blow
    5, Daily: Rain of Steel
    6, Utility: Unbreakable
    7, Encounter: Sudden Surge

According to my logs I show that Quinn has the following available: Second Wind, Rain of Steal, Healing Potion (1), Magic Item Daily.
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:24 am

Thia has a shot from where she's at, but it'll be at -2 from cover.

Just in case it comes up... You can't move diagonal around corners with walls. (at least not here anyways...)
    Krystoff
    Krystoff

Post by Krystoff Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:26 am

What does dazed do again?

If Thia can't move, she will still twin strike and hunters quarry the big lizardman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:49 pm