Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Library 2

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1 The Library 2 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:48 pm

Here's the PCs current status:
Kaddim 73/73hp 2/11 surges, 1AP, 1Daily Item
Miri 53/54hp 3/9 surges, 1AP, 1Daily Item
Sonya 51/61hp 1/9 surges, 1AP, 1Daily Item
Thia 60/60hp 4/7 surges, 1AP, 1 Daily Item
Candelos 54/72hp 6/14 surges, 2AP, 2Daily Item
Quinn 58/73hp 2/11 surges, 2AP, 2Daily Item

The party makes its way back to the library without problems.
The door north of the library is locked, but Thia easily unlocks it and doesn't detect any traps.

Opening the doors, the party sees:
A stone angle, its wings folded around its body, stands on an ornate pedestal. The gleaming symbol of Ioun is cradled in its hands, its eyes gazing directly at you. An L-shaped table and a heavy cabinet stand against the opposite wall, with a closed door between them and another door stands to the left.



View user profile

2 Re: The Library 2 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:35 pm

Candelos will use one more surge before entering.

View user profile

3 What Now on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:17 am

Quinn will move three forward and one to the northeast (away from the angel), sword at the ready to charge.

Sonya will look at the angel in an attempt to determine if it is alive. Sonya will say "What manner of angel are you, and don't tell me you're the guardian angel of this place."

View user profile

4 Re: The Library 2 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:11 pm

Miri will move 2 squares E, still in the library with cover, but able to see the angel. Ready action; if the angel attacks our party I'll magic missle it. done.

View user profile

5 Re: The Library 2 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:48 pm

Quinn moves into the room and Miri moves to the east.

What's everyone else going to do during the round Quinn moves in?

View user profile

6 Sonya on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:56 pm

...will move to the square two north of Kaddim (so that everyone can still see me to get the + 2 to initiative) and repeat what she said earlier. Assume full defense if there are no obvious enemies, if there are enemies, I'll of course try to attack them first (hope for higher initiative).

View user profile

7 Re: The Library 2 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Sonya moves into the room...

No enemies in sight. There is a closed door to the north and anothre to the west.

The statue looks to be made of the same material as the statue of Vyrellis in the main Library room.

View user profile

8 Actions, No Enemies on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:29 pm

Suggest that the party move in quietly (wow, what a change if we surprise the monsters) and motion for Thia to go listen at the west and then the north doors. Kaddim and Quinn will go with her in case monsters open the door while she is listening. Miri and Sonya will stand in a central location (Sonya guarding the mage). Sonya will suggest that Candelos guard the door that is not being listened at. If Thia, with Quinn and Kaddim assisting, hear anything, let us know..

View user profile

9 Re: The Library 2 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:20 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:The statue looks to be made of the same material as the statue of Vyrellis in the main Library room.

I take it to mean that they're not made of stone?... Miri will examine the statues closely; do they seem magically created or someone turned to stone or in some kind of stasis? Just how lifelike are these statues?

casting 'Ghost Sound' to Candelos: "Does the Orb have any insight on how these statues came to be?"

View user profile

10 Re: The Library 2 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:15 pm

Candelos decribes the statue to the orb.

View user profile

11 Re: The Library 2 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:06 am

bradly wrote:"Does the Orb have any insight on how these statues came to be?"

Vyrellis tells Candelos that the statue of her was commissioned about a year before her death and use to stand outside in her garden.

Vyrellis doesn't recall the angelic statue, but it does look kinda familiar.

View user profile

12 Re: The Library 2 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:15 am

Teramotos wrote:Suggest that the party move in quietly (wow, what a change if we surprise the monsters) and motion for Thia to go listen at the west and then the north doors. Kaddim and Quinn will go with her in case monsters open the door while she is listening. Miri and Sonya will stand in a central location (Sonya guarding the mage). Sonya will suggest that Candelos guard the door that is not being listened at. If Thia, with Quinn and Kaddim assisting, hear anything, let us know..

Thia and Kaddim move into the room to check out the north door (Quinn looks to already be in position). When Thia gets to the middle of the room she notices (27 passive Perception ) that the angelic statue has a magical ward on it. She can't tell what it may do though.

Does Thia continue to the north door to listen, go to the east door, or investigate the statue?

View user profile

13 Re: The Library 2 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:22 am

She will investigate the statue and if it is something she can't figure out (IE needs arcana) she will have Kaddim or Miri check it out. She will listen at the east door first and then at the north door after the statue.

View user profile

14 Re: The Library 2 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:14 am

Krystoff wrote:She will investigate the statue and if it is something she can't figure out (IE needs arcana) she will have Kaddim or Miri check it out. She will listen at the east door first and then at the north door after the statue.

Thia moves to the statue... which then emmits a wave of psychic energy.
Thia takes 5hp of damage.

Thia can now hear definite movement from the north and east. Initiative time.

The PC initiative order is:
Thia
Quinn
Miri
Candelos
Sonya
Kaddim



Looks like Thia's turn... Then Quinn

Sorry Stu, didn't get a chance to update Sonya token yet.

View user profile

15 Re: The Library 2 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:05 am

Ken, okay on the token. Don't forget, we're all + 2 to initiative due to Sonya's presence.

View user profile

16 Re: The Library 2 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:00 pm

Question: Does the statue look like it can be moved, say 2 squares NNW to baracade the W door?

View user profile

17 Re: The Library 2 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:01 pm

Teramotos wrote:Ken, okay on the token. Don't forget, we're all + 2 to initiative due to Sonya's presence.

Yep, MapTools keeps track of that. I have all PCs with a +2 temp init bonus.

View user profile

18 Re: The Library 2 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:03 pm

bradly wrote:Question: Does the statue look like it can be moved, say 2 squares NNW to baracade the W door?

The base looks pretty sturdy, but a couple of people may be able to move it.

View user profile

19 Re: The Library 2 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:06 pm

Sonya and Quinn with anyone else who wants to assist, will try to slide the statue toward the W door in an attempt to block it. We'll take the 5 points of damage...

View user profile

20 Re: The Library 2 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:28 pm

Miri will delay until after Sonya and the boys move the statue.

View user profile

21 Re: The Library 2 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:52 pm

Teramotos wrote:Sonya and Quinn with anyone else who wants to assist, will try to slide the statue toward the W door in an attempt to block it. We'll take the 5 points of damage...

Once Thia moved next to the statue and set off the trap, the party needs to go in order of initiative.

Thia's turn... then Quinn

View user profile

22 Re: The Library 2 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:45 pm

Sorry guys, I was in meetings all day. Thia will move to the SE corner where she can see both doors. Nobody to attack at this time so will ready an attack to twin strike an enemy.

Edit: Thought the door was on the east wall. I switched my move to the SE corner so I can watch both doors.



Last edited by Krystoff on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

23 Quin's Turn on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Quinn will move to the square south of Thia and attempt to push the statue to the NW to block the W door.

Miri's turn, then Candelos, then Sonya

View user profile

24 Re: The Library 2 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:52 pm

Teramotos wrote:Quinn will move to the square south of Thia and attempt to push the statue to the NW to block the W door.

Miri's turn, then Candelos, then Sonya

Quinn move to the statue and attempt to move it... It's way to heavy for Quinn to move alone.

After Quinn's turn, the north and west doors open and the party sees:


Thia has a readied action to shoot an enemy. She can shoot the one in the north doorway or the west doorway. She also has a shot at one adjacent to the one in the west doorway, but it has cover. Which creature does Thia want to take a shot at?

The creatures in the doorway look identical to the "footmen" you fought in the library, Voidblades.
The creature adjacent to the one in the west doorway has a bow.
Everyone except Thia can see a Tiefling in robes to the north.

View user profile

25 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:34 am

Miri will cast Magic Missle on the Mindvoid in the N doorway near Kaddim, then shift 1 square S to the other side of the doorway. done.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum