Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Northwest Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics

» Adventure Logs - RIFTS
WAR 2! The Coast to Toast Mission - DM Comments and Remarks EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 2:53 pm by Teramotos

» Pathfinder 2e Wanderer's Guide Upgrade
WAR 2! The Coast to Toast Mission - DM Comments and Remarks EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 12:21 pm by Ross

» Fallout on Amazon Prime Video
WAR 2! The Coast to Toast Mission - DM Comments and Remarks EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am by Ross

» Adventure Logs - Wisdom Warriors of Newport - Beginner Series 4e
WAR 2! The Coast to Toast Mission - DM Comments and Remarks EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 12:11 am by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Shaelrick Adventures - PF2e
WAR 2! The Coast to Toast Mission - DM Comments and Remarks EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 7:34 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! Saturday April 6th Pathfinder 2e Continued
WAR 2! The Coast to Toast Mission - DM Comments and Remarks EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:26 am by Krystoff

» Adventure Logs - The Eastern Knights
WAR 2! The Coast to Toast Mission - DM Comments and Remarks EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 9:39 pm by Teramotos

» Savage Rifts Advancement/Rank
WAR 2! The Coast to Toast Mission - DM Comments and Remarks EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:52 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! Friday 8 March - Pathfinder 2e Newport Hills 6 PM
WAR 2! The Coast to Toast Mission - DM Comments and Remarks EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 6:29 am by Teramotos

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 25 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 801 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:27 pm

4 posters

WAR 2! The Coast to Toast Mission - DM Comments and Remarks

Teramotos
    Teramotos

Number of posts : 4850
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

WAR 2! The Coast to Toast Mission - DM Comments and Remarks Empty WAR 2! The Coast to Toast Mission - DM Comments and Remarks

Post by Teramotos Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:45 pm

Starting from the beginning of Part 1, the battle with the sea zombies, great tactic to use the Crew Chief and the Warlord to block the stairs and protect the helm of the ship. Also a good tactic to have the bulk of the party together to draw the undead but perhaps it would have been better if they'd been at the base of the mast so that the warlord could have healed them, given them extra attacks?

I liked the battle with the Carrion Lizards, a good sharp battle. This was the first we got to see of the Monk and I was impressed. Again, the Warlord was able to block a key attack route, pinning down or diverting monsters. He's not a defender, but he sure acts like one.

I liked the way the party negotiated, rather than fought the Priests of Orcus, there was nothing to be gained here by fighting. In addition to the two swordsmen the party later saw, there was a powerful Undead Marauder in Plate Armor under the priests' command, a potentially very deadly opponent.

I'm thinking the battle with Sho-Hawk was tougher than it seemed as I rolled near max for damage and the battle with the Dire Bear was easier than it should have been as I was rolling pretty cold and couldn't hit. Still, probably best to avoid a fight if you can (the Tyr Amar group) if you have a long mission ahead.

Pax was red hot in the battle with the Manticora, but missed a lot against the easier bandits. I kind of liked the bandit battle was the terrain forced a lot of maneuvering. I also liked the duel with Spurr and the humorous negotiations with the refugee encampment.

In the main battle of the mission, Tamsin carried the day for the team as he occupied a very large percentage of the enemy at very grave risk to himself, being so far from the rest of the party. I did like the party's method of taking down one or two enemies at a time as they slowly made their way around the corner of the building. If that was your plan, it was effective. The warlord was right there to block enemies from attacking the softer members of the team and to heal them if any broke through. I also liked the way Pax was across the river giving supporting fire against all enemies on that same side of the building. Those boots of her's pretty much saved her as the vast majority of the monsters couldn't strike her and this particular group of monsters was pretty weak on ranged attacks with just two light cross bows, two throwing axes, one great bowman, and the Priest's ranged Lance of Justice (beam of Radiant damage). The group's tactics are improving but I will say, nearly all of the monsters were able to stay in the fight up until the last three rounds or so...

What did you all like the best? Any comments or feedback? Discuss...

Sonya Morecut (Human Warlord) - SG1
    Whey Baker (Human Fighter) - SG1
    Archemedies - (Githyanki Artificer) - Slave Ship
    Alysa Redfield (Human Archer Warlord) - Dark Nights Rising
    Mick
    Mick

Number of posts : 1671
    Registration date : 2008-12-03

WAR 2! The Coast to Toast Mission - DM Comments and Remarks Empty Re: WAR 2! The Coast to Toast Mission - DM Comments and Remarks

Post by Mick Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:53 pm

Tamsin is a girl.
    She also took out the cleric in one round.
    Teramotos
    Teramotos

WAR 2! The Coast to Toast Mission - DM Comments and Remarks Empty Re: WAR 2! The Coast to Toast Mission - DM Comments and Remarks

Post by Teramotos Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:22 am

Opps, sorry... Tamsin... :-)

Teramotos
    Teramotos

Post by Teramotos Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:29 pm

Oh, I also wanted to mention that the party went through twelve encounters without an extended rest. The DM did help the party out with four extra healing surges (two for Tamsin and two for Raistlin) but other than that, the group did a very good job in managing their resources. At the end of the adventure, Belladonna had the most surges left (3) and then (2) each for Souldun and Raistlin. Tamsin had (1) and Pax had none. I have to hand it to Pax, she went all twelve encounters, didn't start off with a lot of surges and didn't get any bonus surges.

I think the most successful groups are going to be those where the damage from the monsters is distributed more or less according to how much each PC can take. In other words, a Fighter is able to take far more damage, so they should and at the end of the adventure, if everyone has about the same percentage of damage, then that would be a good use of resources. If only the defenders are taking all the damage and all the attacks, well, that party won't make it very far. Picture a group of one or two Fighters and the rest are very long range (20/40) archers. Before too long, you're going to have two Defenders near zero surges and three or four archers who are all at max. Just a thought...

Arthur
    Arthur

Number of posts : 336
    Registration date : 2015-03-02

Post by Arthur Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Soo. Its not necessarily bad when Raistlin periodically gets whomped on?
    ajury
    ajury

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2015-01-19

Post by ajury Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:52 pm

Great summary and write up. I enjoyed the tactics needed. fun good adventure. Good to see a beginner getting going.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:05 am