Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics
» 4.0 Meeting Fri Dec 15th - GAME On!
Yesterday at 8:27 am by Teramotos

» Axis and Allies - Optional Unit Rules
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:15 am by Teramotos

» Rainbow Warriors Planet Ember - Magic Item Count - Adventure Notes
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:08 pm by Teramotos

» Prophecy of the Rainbow Warriors - Adventure Logs
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:04 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! 4.0 Meeting Friday Dec 1st Newport Hills
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 am by bradly

» Next 4.0 Meeting Late Nov/ all Dec
Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:17 am by Teramotos

» Stargate...
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:14 am by Dwarmaj

» Friday, Nov 17th
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:16 am by Teramotos

» Epic item tade in: would a figurine be game breaking?
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:12 pm by Ross

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Family time... Angelus & Ember

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:04 am

Mick wrote:Them not being in location shown would have effected where I teleported!

Look west is there a window in that direction?
Do the stairs to the south lead up?

If they haven't acted yet when you interrupted 'mom', they would have gotten their actions...

Yes, there is a window in the room to the W (you'll have to open it or try to smash through), and the stairs lead to an unfinished basement.

View user profile

77 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:22 am

Ember's revised actions
move & standard: run & run west to bash thru the window

View user profile

78 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:32 am

bradly wrote:
Your minor & move puts you exactly in the window the other Vamps went out of, I'll hold off on your free action move since you see that Ember is blocked in, in case you want to revise...

I didn't know both would go down from one attack. I'll need to revise my actions after the attack.

Minor: none (not using the power from my boots yet)

Move: move 6 to the window

Free: move 6 using Quicksilver Motion to go out the window and head west (want to be 1 away from the NPC blocking the door if possible)

View user profile

79 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:11 am

Mick wrote:Ember's revised actions
move & standard: run & run west to bash thru the window

I moved you full through window then NE to be back in LOS of BIG, assuming you use minor to sustain. You provoke AoO from Human Vamp and she 7+11+2CA=20 miss.

Dwarmaj wrote:I didn't know both would go down from one attack. I'll need to revise my actions after the attack.

Minor: none (not using the power from my boots yet)

Move: move 6 to the window

Free: move 6 using Quicksilver Motion to go out the window and head west (want to be 1 away from the NPC blocking the door if possible)


Yeah, you probably knew the family Vamps were minions, but didn't do religion check...

If you didn't use minor, then move would leave you 2 shy of (open) window. QM leaves you 3 away from door.

baddies turn...

free action leader Vamp says "get the car"
Thrall does move/move out window & heads E.

Vamps in cabin do moves

Leader Vamp. Gaze did not recharge so moves to Angelus and 1+13=14 miss. Note: Because of the large overhang of the roof, 2 squares N of building are not in direct sunlight, 3 away is in sunlight.

Ember, Angelus, then baddies...



This battle is going to be over much sooner than the other one...

View user profile

80 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:33 am

minor: sustain BIG
move: move BIG 6 N
standard: Flaming Sphere in space east of leader vamp. and attack him.
Effect: You conjure a Medium flaming sphere that
occupies a square within range, and the sphere attacks.
Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d6 + Intelligence modifier (+6) fire damage.

Mindwarp staff of Ruin +2: +11 attack, 2d6+18 damage

View user profile

81 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:37 am

I assume you meant W? Angelus is directly E of leader Vamp.

View user profile

82 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:38 am

Angelus'

Free action: Get that guy heading for the car.

You guys aren't making it out of here... Dead or alive. Evil or Very Mad

View user profile

83 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:39 am

Grr, too late...

View user profile

84 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:18 pm

Angelus' turn:
Free: Angelus says: "Gotta go after the driver, the vampire is toast once we take the driver down."


Minor: use Fallen Needle movement to shift 1NE

Move: move NE+ 4E+ 1SE (should put me north of the thrawl, without taking an AoO)

Standard: use Fallen Needle attack on the thrawl (FoB on hit)

Notes:
+1 AC/Ref since I shifted
If I hit, the thrawl is -2 to hit me (total of -3 vs Ac/Ref)

View user profile

85 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:45 pm

Mick wrote:minor: sustain BIG
move: move BIG 6 N
standard: Flaming Sphere in space east of leader vamp. and attack him.

Ember maintains and moves BIG, then summons another conjuration, but 2+11=13 v ref miss. Must be too many spells at once, + Angelus yelling at her...

Dwarmaj wrote:Angelus' turn:
Free: Angelus says: "Gotta go after the driver, the vampire is toast once we take the driver down."


Minor: use Fallen Needle movement to shift 1NE

Move: move NE+ 4E+ 1SE (should put me north of the thrawl, without taking an AoO)

Standard: use Fallen Needle attack on the thrawl (FoB on hit)

Notes:
+1 AC/Ref since I shifted
If I hit, the thrawl is -2 to hit me (total of -3 vs Ac/Ref)

(token has Fallen Needle shift as a move action)

minor: shift NE?

move: end directly N of Thrall

standard: 7+12=19 v ref barely hits for 11+5FF+8 flurry... yuck!

Baddies turn...

Thrall tries to bite (blood drain) Angelus and 11+10=21 miss. shifts 1E, uses AP and tries 'powerful strike' 9+10=19 miss. During his shift you hear a 'beep, beep' from the car to the E.

Vamps in cabin do moves.

Leader Vamp takes 19 fire at the start of his turn, gaze still doesn't recharge so does a move/shift-attack E to attack Angelus and I am rolling bad...7+13=20 miss.

Ember, Angelus, then baddies...

View user profile

86 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:40 pm

I assume the white thing to the east is the car? And I have line of sight to it.
minor: sustain F Sph.
move: move the F Sph to space west of leader vamp.
Is the space east of the thrall within 10 spaces? if so
standard: scorching burst the thrall centered on space east of it.
if not
standard: MM the thrall SE of Angelus (taking the 10 hp sure damage)

Would the house be catching on fire if the F Sph is next to it?

View user profile

87 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:58 pm

Mick wrote:I assume the white thing to the east is the car? And I have line of sight to it.
minor: sustain F Sph.
move: move the F Sph to space west of leader vamp.
Is the space east of the thrall within 10 spaces? if so
standard: scorching burst the thrall centered on space east of it.
if not
standard: MM the thrall SE of Angelus (taking the 10 hp sure damage)

Would the house be catching on fire if the F Sph is next to it?

Yes, I drew the car. I don't think magical spells ignite unattended objects as a rule though...

I just counted it out, moving the sphere 6 is 2 squares from Leader (he had to do a move+shift/attack to swing at Angelus). Space W of Thrall is 11 squares from you. Also, you posted 2 standard actions and you already used your AP.

Revised actions?

View user profile

88 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:01 pm

post #56...

Mick wrote:AP: Scorching Burst on the thrall to the east. that should get the two thralls and one vamp.

Both of you used your APs...

View user profile

89 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:51 am

No not two standards

it's
If so (this standard)
If not (this standard)

same minor & move action

View user profile

90 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:50 am

Mick wrote:No not two standards

it's
If so (this standard)
If not (this standard)

same minor & move action

Doh! Okay, Flaming Sphere moves 6 E and Thrall takes 10 hits. He looks very close to dropping, but is still up. Angelus' turn...

View user profile

91 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:11 am

Angelus' turn:

Standard: use Five Storms attack (close burst 1)
(If I miss the thrawl and hit the leader, I'll FoB on the thrawl. Otherwise, FoB on the leader).


Does it look like the thrawl is carrying keys? (we heard the "beep beep" and am asuming someone used some keys to unlock the car).

If I can see the keys (and the thrawl is down) I'll use my move to shift into his square and use my minor to pick up the keys.

Otherwise
Move: use Five Storms movement to shift 1N+1S (just want the +1 to AC/Ref...) and stay adjacent to the leader.

View user profile

92 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:53 am

Dwarmaj wrote:Angelus' turn:

Standard: use Five Storms attack (close burst 1)
(If I miss the thrawl and hit the leader, I'll FoB on the thrawl. Otherwise, FoB on the leader).


Does it look like the thrawl is carrying keys? (we heard the "beep beep" and am asuming someone used some keys to unlock the car).

If I can see the keys (and the thrawl is down) I'll use my move to shift into his square and use my minor to pick up the keys.

Otherwise
Move: use Five Storms movement to shift 1N+1S (just want the +1 to AC/Ref...) and stay adjacent to the leader.

Yay! A break for the baddies...

Angelus strikes with 5 Storms, but 6+12=18 v ref, miss leader, 2+12=14 v ref miss Thrall.
(& shifts back & forth)

Baddies turn...

Thrall does move: shift E, standard: full run to car, minor: open door. (yes, has key fob on his belt with car keys)

Leader:
Free: (saying in normal voice to Vamps in house) "Plan B, call the authorities!"
move action: shift E
standard action: shift/attack 14+13=27 v AC, not sure but I think that exactly hit? 12+8 flurry if so... (& almost bloodied), shift E1

Vamps in cabin: you can't tell...

Ember, Angelus, then baddies...

View user profile

93 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:01 pm

sustain FP
If the thrall is within 20 space
standard: MM the thrall
move: move the FP to location SW of leader vamp

View user profile

94 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:36 pm

Hmm, my move action would have been different after missing both...

I would shift 1E so the thrawl couldn't shift and move to get away without an AoO.

View user profile

95 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:47 pm

Mick wrote:sustain FP
If the thrall is within 20 space
standard: MM the thrall
move: move the FP to location SW of leader vamp

Dang it, 10 hits barely drops the Thrall. But, even if Angelus moved E1, the leader Vamp is hugging the wall of building (staying as far away from sunlight as possible), i.e. nowhere S of leader. Where do you want FS?

View user profile

96 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:03 pm

Wouldn't SE of the leader be in the broken window where the vamps came out?
If that doesn't work move to the east of the leader.

View user profile

97 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Angelus' turn:

Minor: activate Disrupting Fist stance (cancels Fighting Fury)

Standard: attack with Disrupting Fist attack
On hit, he takes +2 extra damage and is Dazed (save ends), then FoB

On a miss, he takes half damage (including +2) and is dazed until the end of my next turn.

Move:
how far is it to the thrawl?

I'll move 6 toward the thrawl, no AoO from the leader since he's dazed.

I'll also make sure I'm next to the building so he has to go around me.

View user profile

98 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:20 pm

Darn it! They would have opened all of these windows on their way out, since they really don't like being near sunlight & would want to expand retreat areas... Good catch! Shocked

Dwarmaj wrote:Angelus' turn:

Minor: activate Disrupting Fist stance (cancels Fighting Fury)

Standard: attack with Disrupting Fist attack
On hit, he takes +2 extra damage and is Dazed (save ends), then FoB

On a miss, he takes half damage (including +2) and is dazed until the end of my next turn.

Move:
how far is it to the thrawl?

I'll move 6 toward the thrawl, no AoO from the leader since he's dazed.

I'll also make sure I'm next to the building so he has to go around me.

Holy crap! What a cool attack!! What a Face

Basically a standard and "a half", and auto daze & target Fort? ...pretty cool. 18+12=30 hit for 22 +8 flurry and dazed.

Thrall was 7 from you (assuming you shifted prev round to N of leader), Angelus moves to corner of cabin 5' away from (barely) fallen Thrall.

Begining of leader's turn leader Vamp takes 20 fire.

Leader, after going from fresh to teetering on bloodied in a single blast, doesn't bother to use the psychic link with his lessors, and yells, "Over to me and bring me that phone with the cops!!"

Ember then Angelus, then premonition of what's coming, leader 13+13=26 v will and suddenly you hear several sirens (maybe 3-4, only 1 relatively close sounding) going off in this neighborhood and in all the adjoining of police and they're getting progressively lounder. If you don't go back into the cabin, free actions for about 20 secs...

View user profile

99 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Crap. Just remembered leader is dazed. He's actually 6 farther N in the E doorway...

if it's save ends, 17, success.

View user profile

100 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:47 pm

Darn it! I accidentally edited an old post when I meant to just pull a quote...

bradly wrote:Refresher...

Dwarmaj wrote:If we get there at night we'll check out the area to make sure they are not currently being attacked. If everything is clear we'll wait until morning and just keep an eye on them from a distance (I'm assuming we came by car).

Up to you how much you spent on a car & who drove...

Dwarmaj wrote:Is there a police car around?

bradly wrote:
Post Script: There is no 'marked' police car and let's say your family had nothing to do with law enforcement.

Key fob already spotted on Thrall's belt.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum