Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Ross

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Family time... Angelus & Ember

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1 Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:39 am

As Angelus only has spotty memories of his previous life, Ember & familytree.com were needed to track down exactly who you two are looking for and, being between quarters in school now, you are finally able to complete the 2nd half of your "on the lamb" mission. You discover them in a very nice cabin off in the woods.

I'll roll spot checks & possibly initiatives as you move off the road down the driveway to the large cabin...

View user profile

2 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:12 am

Angelus will take the lead and check to see if we're being watched.

What time of day is it? Bright sunny day? Rolling Eyes

If it's day time I'll approach the front door and ring the door bell.

If it's night, I'll quietly (stealthily) approach and try to look into a window to see what's going on inside.

View user profile

3 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:18 am

Ember follow about 4 spaces behind. Taking cover along the way.

View user profile

4 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:45 am

Dwarmaj wrote:Angelus will take the lead and check to see if we're being watched.

What time of day is it? Bright sunny day? Rolling Eyes

If it's day time I'll approach the front door and ring the door bell.

If it's night, I'll quietly (stealthily) approach and try to look into a window to see what's going on inside.

What time of day did you want it to be? It's your attack (& I know how I'm adjusting things either way).

View user profile

5 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:51 am

Day would be best since that would minimize the chance that there are vampires already in the house.

If we get there at night we'll check out the area to make sure they are not currently being attacked. If everything is clear we'll wait until morning and just keep an eye on them from a distance (I'm assuming we came by car).

View user profile

6 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:00 am

I'd prefer day. This way there won't be any outside the backdoor us.
If there are vamps inside they can't escape because of the sun.

Are the windows shades closed, open or windows boarded up?

View user profile

7 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:32 am

Mick wrote:I'd prefer day. This way there won't be any outside the backdoor us.
If there are vamps inside they can't escape because of the sun.

Are the windows shades closed, open or windows boarded up?

You guys get to the house late morning then. Of course all the window shades are drawn. They also happen to have thick heavy curtains, but they are not boarded up.

Angelus goes up to the doorbell w/Ember 20' behind hiding?

View user profile

8 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:36 am

bradly wrote:
Angelus goes up to the doorbell w/Ember 20' behind hiding?

Sure,

I'll listen first to try and sense if there is movement, then press the doorbell if there is one, otherwise knock on the door.

View user profile

9 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:47 am

Yes hiding but not being trained in it I'm sure it's not very well.
It's more for cover if they start shooting.

I'll tell Angelus, if there's trouble let me know and I can blow out some of the windows.

View user profile

10 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:50 am

Dwarmaj wrote:
bradly wrote:
Angelus goes up to the doorbell w/Ember 20' behind hiding?

Sure,

I'll listen first to try and sense if there is movement, then press the doorbell if there is one, otherwise knock on the door.

Angelus goes up to the door of the large cabin and doesn't hear anything moving, then rings the doorbell. Very quickly (a couple seconds) after, a Human uniformed policeman answers the door. In a gruff tone, "It's posted no solicitors and now is a bad time. What are you doing here?"

*technical question: How do I move an NPC token from one campaign to another? The tokens I made won't copy & paste from one to the other. I have the NPC tokens in one campaign & the maps & PCs in another. Help please...

Note: the roof overhangs the front door by an unusual 15' or so...

Here's a map, pretend there's a Human in the doorway adjacent to Angelus



Post Script: Ember's stealth roll is 14+8=22. You don't notice the officer as spotting you.

View user profile

11 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:56 am

bradly wrote:
*technical question: How do I move an NPC token from one campaign to another? The tokens I made won't copy & paste from one to the other. I have the NPC tokens in one campaign & the maps & PCs in another. Help please...

What I normally do is save the token, then drag-and-drop the token into the new campaign.

To save a token:
Right click on the token. There should be a "Save" option.

View user profile

12 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:43 am

bradly wrote:
Angelus goes up to the door of the large cabin and doesn't hear anything moving, then rings the doorbell. Very quickly (a couple seconds) after, a Human uniformed policeman answers the door. In a gruff tone, "It's posted no solicitors and now is a bad time. What are you doing here?"

I'll tell the officer that I'm looking for a friend of mine, Angel, that lives here.

I'll ask what's going on and if everything is alright. I'll also check to see if he's a vampire or has any other clan markings.

View user profile

13 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:11 am

Is there a police car around?

In our research do we know what Angel's family does for a living? Just checking to see if his father (or other close relative) happened to be a police officer.

Does the officer look familiar?

View user profile

14 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:14 am

Refresher...

Dwarmaj wrote:If we get there at night we'll check out the area to make sure they are not currently being attacked. If everything is clear we'll wait until morning and just keep an eye on them from a distance (I'm assuming we came by car).

Up to you how much you spent on a car & who drove...

Dwarmaj wrote:Is there a police car around?

bradly wrote:
Post Script: There is no 'marked' police car and let's say your family had nothing to do with law enforcement.

Key fob already spotted on Thrall's belt.



Last edited by bradly on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

15 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:39 am

Hmm, since he has vampire markings I think we're too late.

If I get a surprise round I'll attack using Fallen Needle (FoB on hit).

If I only get a normal round I'll:
Minor: activate Fighting Fury (+5 damage on each melee attack)
Standard: use Twin Strike (FoB on each hit)
Move: (depends on whether or not I can shift into the room).

View user profile

16 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:39 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:Hmm, since he has vampire markings I think we're too late.

If I get a surprise round I'll attack using Fallen Needle (FoB on hit).

If I only get a normal round I'll:
Minor: activate Fighting Fury (+5 damage on each melee attack)
Standard: use Twin Strike (FoB on each hit)
Move: (depends on whether or not I can shift into the room).

"If you get a surprise round"? Ember might have gotten one, but I'm afraid the cop was aware of you...

You are first though:
Angelus: 22.09
Ember: 20.08
Policeman: 17

Angelus upon seeing the Vampire mark on the cop's neck shows no respect for the law and

minor: activates daily power, fighting flurry
standard action: Twin strike 13+14=27, 4+14=18, hit once for 11+8 flurry +5 FF= 24 hits. Ouch! Okay, that power is more powerful at 6th that it seemed at first...

Ember's turn...




Inside the cabin looks very nice, but very sparsely decorated.

View user profile

17 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:48 pm

bradly wrote:Okay, that power is more powerful at 6th that it seemed at first...

It'll be even more powerful in paragon... Twisted Evil ...when it's an at-will

View user profile

18 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:50 pm

It looks like I can't shift past him, so I'll shift 1N.


+1 to AC and Ref after shift.

View user profile

19 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:22 pm

Is the brown figure to the north Angelus?
Is the black figure in front of the doorway is the policeman?
Where is Ember on the map?
If the black figure in front of the doorway is the policeman, I'll place a scorching blast on top of him.

no movement
no minor

View user profile

20 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:29 pm

Angelus is at the doorway outside the building (1 sq farther N since he shifted after I posted the map). The mohawk token inside the building at the doorway is the policeman that Angelus just attacked.

View user profile

21 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:34 pm

Ok if Angelus is no longer adjacent to the cop I'll place a scorching blast on top of the cop.

View user profile

22 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:58 pm

Mick wrote:Ok if Angelus is no longer adjacent to the cop I'll place a scorching blast on top of the cop.


Ember also shows no respect for the uniform and 18+11+2 CA=31 v ref. miss. Yeah right. 12+12=24 fire damage. Ouch! But still not bloodied.

Policeman Vampire thrall:

free action: seems to be talking to himself "Master, we're being attacked with magic! ...Yes sir."

minor action: He grabs a halberd leaning against the inside of the door

standard action: encounter power, Powerful strike on Angelus (reach) 15+10=25 just barely hit for 14 hits.

move action: shuts the front door

Angelus then Ember...

View user profile

23 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Whoops! Angelus shifted and that makes the last hit a miss. Sad

Everything else the same...

View user profile

24 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:32 pm

12+12=24 fire damage
?
Ember's scorching blast should be doing 1d6+18 fire

View user profile

25 Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:41 pm

Mick wrote:
12+12=24 fire damage
?
Ember's scorching blast should be doing 1d6+18 fire

Ken built the token a little different but the same:

(1d6+6) +6 int +2 enhance +4 misc.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum