Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics
December 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pinewood Derby 2012

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Pinewood Derby 2012 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:17 pm

‎...home from the Pinewood Derby. It was a tough field out there today! Kobe's car was the absolute, hands down fastest of all the (12) PWD cars we've built together with an ave time of less than 3.125. To put that in perspective, Kobe's Champion Car of 2011 had times of 3.15 and we were way out in front; however, today that Champion Car would have finished in 8th place. Kobe was very fortunate (and happy) to finish 1st in the Webelos and 3rd at the overal Pack level.

I also raced and took home 3rd place in the Open Division, getting beat by my brother Mike, and my niece Kellie. Well, if I'm gonna get beat by anyone, it might as well be family. Congratulations to Devin Teramoto (nephew) who took home First Place in the Tiger Division and 1st Place at the Pack Level!

You can view the actual race results on line here.
http://www.rentmytrack.com/RaceResults/CarStatistics.aspx?RaceID=234

View user profile

2 Re: Pinewood Derby 2012 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:36 pm

Ross

Admin
Oh well. It's not like you spend hours designing your cars and running them in a custom made test track on a homemade track in your basement...oh wait. Smile

Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Shandral Aurlong - Human/Sorcerer [5e-Hoarde of the Dragon Queen Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.[/b][/b]
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

3 Re: Pinewood Derby 2012 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:15 pm

Yeah, well, I know that Mike, Kellie and Devin all used exactly the same techniques in designing and building thier cars as Kobe and I did. The only thing they didn't have that we did have was the test track but they did do extensive testing and adjustments to thier cars but using a different method. If anything, the fact that Mike, Kellie and Devin's cars all looked virtually identical in body shape, weight placement, and technical design as Kobe and my car, validates that our approach IS a WINNING approach but if we're going to beat my kid brother and his family, Kobe and I are going to have to execute better.

For the top six awards, (Three Top Places at the Pack Level and Three Top Places at the Open Division Level) the last names of five of the competitors was the same! It was nearly a Teramoto sweep. I'll have to hope that next year, my brother runs the PWD and has an Open Division so Kobe and I have a chance at a rematch.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum