Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

July 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hero Forge - Custom Figures 3D Printed for D&D

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Okay, I've made more progress on the two figures made of the new black plastic. If you use oil or water based paint, the paint does not stick nearly as well as the prior materials. If you use water based paint and your first coat is a bit on the thinner side, a second coat seems to cover 90%. You then have to do a third run with the same color but only doing the spots not covered by the second coat.

The level of detail is amazing. The lines in the armor and the lines on the faces are very well defined. On these figures, I have the ability to do much better faces than before as the details around the eyes and lips are done much better than prior materials. I have noticed that in joints like arm pits and where clothing or weapons get close to the body, the small black studs then to fill the voids and are hard, if not impossible to remove some times. Even after looking over the entire figure before you start painting, you don't notice all the studs until you start painting some areas.

Semi-final decision, it is added work to remove all the studs, but most come off without a problem. You need a good primer or multiple coats but if you make the coats thin, you have a finished figure with much higher detail. Conclusion for now is that the new black material can yield a much better finished figure than the prior high dollar clear material, but it will take quite a bit more work on the part of the artist.

View user profile
...and for all you two handed weapon guys out there, there are six new poses that appear in the menu if your character has no shield and a large weapon that can be used w two hands.

View user profile

Ross

Admin
I'm not seeing the new two-handed weapon poses?

Did you see the new project from HeroForge?
Chibify
I think they are using this to test their coloring technology.

Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude
The new two handed poses do not appear unless you make a mini that has a pole arm or a spear or other large weapon and he/ she is holding it in one hand. They cannot be holding anything in thier other hand. Save the mini then go to "Poses" and the new options should appear on the top of the menu.

View user profile
Mick, Ibuki, Arthur, etc...
I think I've painted about ten (10) of the rough (inexpensive) Hero Forge figures (e.g. Pax, Bannor, Souldun, Bae, more) about six (06) of the clear premium plastic which they do not offer any more (Sonya, Nek, Raistlin, more) and three of the black premium plastic (Josie Spear, Josie Sword). I have only two Hero Forge figures remaining in line to be painted, a female monk and my Alchemist Archemedies for Ross' game. I've also recently painted about sixteen non-hero forge figures including Uskan, Cyrano, Gurd, Snow, and others.

If any of you want to design your own figure on Hero Forge for your PC, you can leave it with me and I may get it painted (someday). For characters with two handed weapons or pole arms, they do have some new poses. If you do order a figure or two, be careful of large narrow open areas, like the kind between the inside surface of a flowing cloak and the back of the character's armor, any area where it's going to be really hard to get a paintbrush into.

Ibuki - it would be cool if Uskan and Walster weren't the same guy... haha
Arthur - you can make one for your Avenger...
Mick - every time I see your figure, I think Ember is going to blast the monsters for 850 hit points...

Enjoy...

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum