Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Northwest Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics

» Women's Self Defense Class - Saturday June 8th 2024 1PM to 3:00 PM - Seattle
Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth EmptyThu May 02, 2024 10:48 am by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Wisdom Warriors of Newport - Beginner Series 4e
Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 12:50 am by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - RIFTS
Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 2:53 pm by Teramotos

» Pathfinder 2e Wanderer's Guide Upgrade
Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 12:21 pm by Ross

» Fallout on Amazon Prime Video
Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am by Ross

» Adventure Logs - Shaelrick Adventures - PF2e
Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 7:34 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! Saturday April 6th Pathfinder 2e Continued
Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:26 am by Krystoff

» Adventure Logs - The Eastern Knights
Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 9:39 pm by Teramotos

» Savage Rifts Advancement/Rank
Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:52 pm by Teramotos

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 801 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:27 pm

+3
jibuki
Krystoff
Kenji
7 posters

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth

Kenji

Number of posts : 3459
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth Empty Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth

Post by Kenji Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:20 am

Ashe, Blade, Telgarth...

After 6 months of laying low, you 3 are the first to arrive back in Hollygrove Hills a few days early. Gaining confidence in your fast growing new magical abilities, the 3 of you decide to go patrolling (for Vampires).

You are in a neighborhood near the cemetary when you notice an extremely hot dark skinned Elf exiting a roof door and fleeing across the rooftop in great haste...

Being nighttime, the streets otherwise look pretty quiet. Here's a map of the neighborhood and the 4 orange/green dots are you guys. I'll blow the map up more on your turns.

Telgarth is first to act 25.08
    Blade is next 24.09, then
    Aura 22.09
    Ashe 22.08

Aura: You watched Ms Post leave this house sometime ago and by your best scouting you thought it was empty, but you were wrong by quite a few Vampires who cut you off from the door, and are chasing you out the house onto the roof...

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth Aura10
    Krystoff
    Krystoff

Number of posts : 1677

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth Empty Re: Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth

Post by Krystoff Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:48 am

Alright guys she is really hot. She is either a slayer, a vampire, or an actress so we had better save her either way.

jibuki
    jibuki

Number of posts : 509
    Registration date : 2009-01-01

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth Empty Re: Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth

Post by jibuki Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Is there a way onto/off the roof? How high are we talking about? What is my range to the door that the elf came out?
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Number of posts : 5285
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:57 pm

jibuki wrote:Is there a way onto/off the roof? How high are we talking about? What is my range to the door that the elf came out?

You should be able to make an Athletics check, Telgarth is +11 in Athletics and the standard DCs are:

Surface Athletics DC
    Ladder 0
    Rope 10
    Uneven surface (cave wall) 15
    Rough surface (brick wall) 20

Slippery surface +5
    Unusually smooth surface +5
    jibuki
    jibuki

Post by jibuki Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:19 pm

But none of that helps if I don't know how high the roof is. What is nearby? And since there a door is there access.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:04 pm

Here's a more zoomed in view of your area & not the whole neighborhod. It looks like it's a very high 1 story building with a 2nd story in the middle where the trap door you saw the hottie come running out of is. It's a slanted roof so the low parts are around 15', the peaks around 20'. The middle part of the roof (where trap door is) is higher.

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth Aura11

It's a house, so there are doors & windows, but they are all closed. From the street, you can't actually see the roof trapdoor, but you saw where the hottie came out of it. Standard brick wall DC to climb.
    Trevor
    Trevor

Number of posts : 297
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by Trevor Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:58 am

Guess I might as well start asking questions for when my turn comes up.

How far is the gap to the roof of the building to the East, and how high is that roof?

Same question for the building to the South.

How far of a jump would it be to grab a branch of that tree to the NE, and how high up would I be while hanging from a branch?
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:43 am

Trevor wrote:Guess I might as well start asking questions for when my turn comes up.

How far is the gap to the roof of the building to the East, and how high is that roof?

Same question for the building to the South.

How far of a jump would it be to grab a branch of that tree to the NE, and how high up would I be while hanging from a branch?

Your tokens represent 5' x 5', so it looks like to fly across the street to the building to the E is about 30', a leap to the building S about 15'...

jibuki
    jibuki

Post by jibuki Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:25 pm

Is there a better way of moving other than guestimating? I'm moving to the N of the cart - SE corner of the southern most section. Trying to be within 35' of the roof opening.
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:36 pm

jibuki wrote:Is there a better way of moving other than guestimating?

Brad, if you want to show the grid,
    In MapTools select View->Grid
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:54 pm

jibuki wrote:Is there a better way of moving other than guestimating? I'm moving to the N of the cart - SE corner of the southern most section. Trying to be within 35' of the roof opening.

Per Ken's help, I added grid lines to the map & moved Telgarth 8 squares (either a move/move or a run if you wanted further actions).

Telgarth is 7 squares from the roof trap door, but remember, you can't see it from the street, even though you know roughly where it is since you saw the unknown hottie run out.

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth Aura210

Blade's turn...
    jibuki
    jibuki

Post by jibuki Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:19 pm

Run, covering the door w/ ready actions Avenging Shackles
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Number of posts : 3868

Character sheet
    Campaign: 4e-Against the Giants
    Character Name: Kazoo Noisemaker
    Player Name: Ross

Post by Ross Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:30 pm

Move towards the house and find any shadows to hide in.

Silk - Human/Hexblade [4e-Dark Nights Rising Campaign]
    Kazoo - Halfling(Kender)/Hybrid(Rogue/Druid) [4e-Against the Giants]
    Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
    Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
    Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Shandral Aurlong - Human/Sorcerer [5e-Horde of the Dragon Queen Campaign]
    Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
    Battlefield Soldier: Saturnicus
    Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
    Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
    XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
    Trevor
    Trevor

Post by Trevor Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:27 pm

Aura had been a bit preoccupied with finding escape from the vampires chasing her, so she didn't immediately notice the three people walking down the alleyway below. She really hoped they weren't friends of the angry vamps inside. She supposed if they were then they'd know what was up as soon as the roof trapdoor opened and their buddies swarmed out, and if they were just random innocents she didn't want to get them involved.

She spoke as loud as she dared "Get out of here before they spot you!" before resuming her search for an escape route.

Move and a move with an athletics check to jump across gap to south building.
    Minor - conjure spirit companion in midair in the middle of the gap behind me.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:23 am

Ross wrote:Move towards the house and find any shadows to hide in.

Telgarth runs to the house & readies an action.

Blade does a move/move (8 squares) and 16+14-5 move=25 stealth, thinks he's hiding pretty well.

Trevor wrote:Aura had been a bit preoccupied with finding escape from the vampires chasing her, so she didn't immediately notice the three people walking down the alleyway below. She really hoped they weren't friends of the angry vamps inside. She supposed if they were then they'd know what was up as soon as the roof trapdoor opened and their buddies swarmed out, and if they were just random innocents she didn't want to get them involved.

She spoke as loud as she dared "Get out of here before they spot you!" before resuming her search for an escape route.

Move and a move with an athletics check to jump across gap to south building.
    Minor - conjure spirit companion in midair in the middle of the gap behind me.

New girl:

free action: yells a warning to the kids in the street (who seem to imediately be taking cover)

2x move: automatically clears the little jump between rooftops of the building she's on and attempts to jump to S building and 9+13=22 athletics easily clears the great expanse (5' to spare). Note: I cheated you W as well as S since the gap is smaller & moved you full 7 both moves.

minor action: summons a spirit floating between the buildings (green square)

Ashe's turn then Telgarth's readied action might kick in... With the magic the hottie summoned, Ashe rules out 'actress' as who she might be.

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth Aura3a10
    Krystoff
    Krystoff

Post by Krystoff Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:23 pm

Ashe won't rule out that she is a vampire just yet. He also isn't going to hide in the shadows.

"That's a neat little trick you did there ma'am. You seem to be in a great big hurry. Why don't you come on down and tell us about it, hmmm?"

Ashe then delays while waiting for something more interesting to happen.

Kenji

Post by Kenji Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:53 pm

Krystoff wrote:Ashe won't rule out that she is a vampire just yet. He also isn't going to hide in the shadows.

"That's a neat little trick you did there ma'am. You seem to be in a great big hurry. Why don't you come on down and tell us about it, hmmm?"

Ashe then delays while waiting for something more interesting to happen.

Ashe teases the hottie carrying a very nice bow (which she just stole from her former Watcher, the +2 one on your wishlist) as a couple Vampires follow her out of the roof exit and 2 more come out the door the alley you're in. (marked by triangle)

As their move action happens, Telgarth's readied action kicks in and 8+11=19 good thing it's v will, barely hit for 8 hits (but you think you did more).

"She has friends!" Vamp 1 in street attacks (charges) Telgarth (who just attacked her) and 15+13=28 hit for 13 hits and then she flurries and kicks for another 8 hits.

Vamp 2 in street runs and charges Ashe and 4+13-5 run=12 missed terribly.

Vamp 3 & 4 stop in the middle of the S roof. (Not enough movement left to make the leap & want a running start next round)

After the Vampires come out, a floating brain in a armored iron jar floats out!

Note: Blade & Telgarth are too close to the building to see what's on the roof.

Ashe will probably end his delay, then Blade, Aura, Telgarth, then baddies...

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth Aura410

The Vamp attacking Telgarth is wearing her Vampire face, all the others appear like Human women (plus the brain in armored jar).
    Krystoff
    Krystoff

Post by Krystoff Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:01 am

Free action: The sunblade is doing radiant
    Free action: "Now we are talking toots. Where did you find such wonderful friends?"
    Free action to the vamp attacking me: "You need to back off lady; we haven't even been properly introduced."

Minor: Mark the one in front of me. (Note the vamp knows she takes radiant damage if she doesn't attack me)
    Move: Shift 1W
    Standard: Virtuous Strike

Kenji

Post by Kenji Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:26 am

Krystoff wrote:Free action: The sunblade is doing radiant
    Free action: "Now we are talking toots. Where did you find such wonderful friends?"
    Free action to the vamp attacking me: "You need to back off lady; we haven't even been properly introduced."

Minor: Mark the one in front of me. (Note the vamp knows she takes radiant damage if she doesn't attack me)
    Move: Shift 1W
    Standard: Virtuous Strike

I love the free actions. Smile

Aura, you notice a particularly handsome young man calmly talk trash to a powerful Vampiress attacking him, and call you "toots".

He then shifts W and 11+15=26 hits for 13 radiant + vulnerability. His sword appeared to have come from nowhere and a flash of light as it struck the Vamp.

Blade's turn. You can hear 2 footsteps on the roof above you (but not the floating brain), and you don't think the Vampiresses in the street spotted you.

Then Aura, then Telgarth, then baddies...
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:08 am

Free: Throw a Assassin's Shroud on to Telgarth's vampire.
    Standard: Executioner's Noose On Telgarth's Vampire (Do not trigger Shroud, but if I hit I will pull him between me and Telgarth. If I miss I will use Mark of Shadow
    to remain hidden.

Executioner's Noose
    You gather shadows into the form of a noose, cast it around your foe’s neck, and pull.
    At-Will Force, Implement, Shadow
    Standard Action Ranged 5
    Target: One creature
    Attack: Dexterity vs. Fortitude
    Hit: 1d6 + Dexterity modifier force damage, and you pull the target 2 squares. The target is slowed until the end of your next turn.

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:32 am

Ross wrote:Free: Throw a Assassin's Shroud on to Telgarth's vampire.
    Standard: Executioner's Noose On Telgarth's Vampire (Do not trigger Shroud, but if I hit I will pull him between me and Telgarth. If I miss I will use Mark of Shadow
    to remain hidden.

Blade throws up a shroud and 3+12+2CA=17 v Fort miss. Because of your feat, you stay hidden on a miss and no one sees you. (Aura's passive perception is 24, so your stealth of 25 barely hides you from everyone)

Trevor
    Trevor

Post by Trevor Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:40 pm

Krystoff wrote:"That's a neat little trick you did there ma'am. You seem to be in a great big hurry. Why don't you come on down and tell us about it, hmmm?"
    Krystoff wrote:"Now we are talking toots. Where did you find such wonderful friends?"

Aura Sighed. "Bravado, just what I don't need to deal with right now." She thought. At least the loudmouth and the shifter were holding their own against the vampires. She couldn't tell where the third one had gone, so she guessed he either took her initial advice or was very good at hiding.

Move action: Move Southeast to get distance from rooftop vamps and keep clear line of sight to the alleyway
    Standard action: Ranged Basic Attack with shiny new longbow against nearest rooftop vamp.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:00 pm

Trevor wrote:Aura Sighed. "Bravado, just what I don't need to deal with right now." She thought. At least the loudmouth and the shifter were holding their own against the vampires. She couldn't tell where the third one had gone, so she guessed he either took her initial advice or was very good at hiding.

Move action: Move Southeast to get distance from rooftop vamps and keep clear line of sight to the alleyway
    Standard action: Ranged Basic Attack with shiny new longbow against nearest rooftop vamp.

The new girl mumbles under her breath at the Dragonborn while wondering where the 'other' dark Elf went, then moves SE 6 to the edge of the roof and 18+11+2 enhancement=31 v AC and easily sends a flaming arrow deep into the chest of a Vampiress on the roof (missing the heart).

Aura is 11 squares from the spirit companion. Do you need to maintain, or does it stay there?

Telgarth's turn... then baddies
    jibuki
    jibuki

Post by jibuki Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:57 am

(Avenging Shackles dam is 1d8 + 10 radiant)

Map please,

I believe there is a vamp attacking me,
    minor oath the vamp
    standard bond of pursuit

waiting for map to finish
    Krystoff
    Krystoff

Post by Krystoff Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:44 am

Last map is accurate as far as I can tell. None of the baddies have gotten to go yet and I believe the only action is from Aura heading SE 6 to the edge of the roof. I moved 1 west in case someone charged in on my vamp for the flank as well but that isn't significant.

Kenji

Post by Kenji Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:48 am

Krystoff wrote:Last map is accurate as far as I can tell. None of the baddies have gotten to go yet and I believe the only action is from Aura heading SE 6 to the edge of the roof. I moved 1 west in case someone charged in on my vamp for the flank as well but that isn't significant.

Exactly. I was going to wait until after Telgarth's turn to post a map, since that's when the baddies go, but...

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth Aura510

Note: token has Avenging Shackles as 1d8 +6 wis +1 enh. What's the other +3? (adding damage, but remind me next time if token is wrong)
    jibuki
    jibuki

Post by jibuki Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Avenging Shackles is Dam + slow

d8 + 6(wis) +2(holy symbol) +2 energized

Avenger Attack 1 Avenging Shackles
    Your prayers call for your enemy to stumble before you, and your enemy is bathed in radiant light that sears like fire.

At-Will Divine, Implement, Radiant
    Standard Action Ranged 5

Attack: Wisdom vs. Will

Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier radiant damage. If the target is your oath of enmity target, the target is also slowed until the end of your next turn.
    Level 21: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier damage.

Special: You can use this power as a ranged basic attack.

Astral symbol

Superior

An astral symbol is crafted of solidified mist from the Astral Sea and glows with a faint silvery light.

Properties:
    Distant (The range of your area and ranged attack powers increases by 2 when they’re used through a distant implement.).
    Energized (radiant) (When you use an attack power through an energized implement, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls if the power has the keyword that matches the implement’s damage type. The bonus increases to +3 at 11th level and +4 at 21st level.).

And what kind of damage did I take? necrotic?
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Telgarth used a ready action and didn't Oath anyone yet. The Vamp hasn't had her turn yet anyway. Telgarth took unnamed damage, I'll try to note when it's otherwise.

Still Telgarth's turn...
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:57 pm

jibuki wrote:(Avenging Shackles dam is 1d8 + 10 radiant)

Map please,

minor oath the vamp
    standard bond of pursuit

I assume you want to do a move action too?

Telgarth Oath's the Vampiress attacking him and 17+14=31 hit for 1+9=10 radiant +vulnerability. Too bad Oath doesn't let you roll damage twice, that's two minimum damage rolls out of two.

Waiting to resolve your move action before the baddies go...
    jibuki
    jibuki

Post by jibuki Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:07 am

bradly wrote:
    jibuki wrote:(Avenging Shackles dam is 1d8 + 10 radiant)

Map please,

minor oath the vamp
    standard bond of pursuit

I assume you want to do a move action too?

Telgarth Oath's the Vampiress attacking him and 17+14=31 hit for 1+9=10 radiant +vulnerability. Too bad Oath doesn't let you roll damage twice, that's two minimum damage rolls out of two.

Waiting to resolve your move action before the baddies go...

Did you resolve the damage on my first attack? Min dam is 11

minimum damage on any oath weapon damage die roll is 3.

I'm good where I am right now.

Avenging Resolution
    Heroic Tier
    Prerequisite: Avenger, oath of enmity power
    Benefit: When you attack a target of your oath of enmity with a weapon attack, treat all rolls of a 1 or 2 on the damage dice as though the result were a 3 on the die.

Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:51 am

jibuki wrote:Did you resolve the damage on my first attack? Min dam is 11

minimum damage on any oath weapon damage die roll is 3.

I'm good where I am right now.

Yes...

bradly wrote:Note: token has Avenging Shackles as 1d8 +6 wis +1 enh. What's the other +3? (adding damage, but remind me next time if token is wrong)

Adding 2 more from 'brutal'.

Baddies turn...

Vamp fighting Ashe claws 17+13=30 hit for 10 hits +8 flurry.

Vamp fighting Telgarth claws 4+13=17 miss.

first Vamp on roof athletics 4+14=18, barely cleared jump and does 2nd move (stil not to Aura, did not jump adjacent to spirit... don't know if it gets AoO anyway)

2nd Vamp on roof athletics 18+14=32 easily cleared jump, run/charge (did go right by spirit, provoking AoO if applicable) and 18+13-5run=26 hit for 13 +8flurry on Aura.

After Vamps the Floating Brain in Iron Jar goes and floats 6 SE (25' in air) and does a 'Psychic Overload' but Telgarth's mental toughness is too strong, 6+12=18 v will miss.

Blade, Aura, Ashe, Telgarth, then baddies again...

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth Aura610

Blade 50/50
    Aura 37/58
    Ashe 40/58
    Telgarth 43/64
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:22 am

bradly wrote:
    Trevor wrote:It's a +12 vs Will attack that does no damage. If it hits then the enemy's movement is stopped just like a fighter's combat superiority class feature.

How would this affect if in mid-leap? Where would the Vamp land?

Damn, damn, damn. This does matter. Spirit 19+12+2CA=33 hit. We have to figure out where the Vamp stops movement (on roof or fall between buildings). Adding 21 hits back to Aura. Sad
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:55 am

It would stop and fall as soon as it moved while adjacent to the Spirit.
    ------------------------
    World Speaker's Command
    The voices and growls of primal spirits cascade on your foe, stopping it in its tracks.
    At-Will Implement, Primal, Spirit
    Opportunity Action Melee spirit 1
    Trigger: An enemy leaves a square adjacent to your spirit companion without shifting
    Target: The triggering enemy
    Hit: The target stops moving and must use a different action to resume moving.

Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:23 am

Ross wrote:It would stop and fall as soon as it moved while adjacent to the Spirit.

Alright, that might affect Blade's actions. 15' up and trained in athletics +14, she would land on her feet, and since slowed (& didn't spot you) would use her remaining action to move 2 towards Telgarth putting her adjacent to you directly S.

Blade's turn...
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:27 am

Who's more hurt, the one that fell or the one Telgarth has been attacking?

Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:36 am

Ross wrote:Who's more hurt, the one that fell or the one Telgarth has been attacking?

Telgarth's. He hit her 2x, both for min damage, but isn't regenerating. Aura hit the other 1x, but is regenerating & took no damage from the spirit or fall.
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:42 am

Free: Throw a 2nd Shroud onto Vampire Telgarth is Attacking.
    Move: Shadow Step to Flank the Vampire with Telgarth.
    Standard: Gloom Thief on Vampire (Dexterity (+15) vs. AC)
    Damage: 4d4+10
    +Shrouds(2d6 on hit, or 1d6 miss)
    +2 Item Bonus from Iron Armbands of Power

If I miss by less than 4 I will use my Lucky Charm (see below)
    If I hit I will use Assassin's Cloak (see below) to hide in addition to becoming invisible.

---------------------------------------
    Gloom Thief
    As you slash at your foe, you seize part of its shadow, which you use to hide yourself from your enemies’ eyes.
    Encounter Shadow, Weapon
    Standard Action Melee weapon
    Attack: Dexterity vs. AC (Dexterity (+15) vs. AC 4d4+10 damage)
    Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage. Until the end of your next turn, you are invisible while within 2 squares of the target.

Lucky Charm
    Level 4 Uncommon
    Monkey’s paw or rabbit’s foot, this lucky charm helps you snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.
    Price: 840 gp
    Item Slot: Neck
    Enhancement: +1 Fortitude, Reflex, and Will
    Power (Daily): No Action. Trigger: You miss with an attack or fail a skill check, ability check, or saving throw. Effect: Roll a d6 and add the result to the attack roll, skill check, ability check, or saving throw.

Assassin's Cloak
    Make a Stealth check to hide when you turn invisible

Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:00 pm

Ross wrote:

The +10 to damage includes the Iron Armbands, (at least it does in the Character Builder)
    +6 Dex
    +2 Enhancement
    +2 item bonus from IAoP
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:03 pm

K. Wasn't sure so displayed it just in case.

Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:21 pm

Ross wrote:Free: Throw a 2nd Shroud onto Vampire Telgarth is Attacking.
    Move: Shadow Step to Flank the Vampire with Telgarth.
    Standard: Gloom Thief on Vampire (Dexterity (+15) vs. AC)
    +Shrouds(2d6 on hit, or 1d6 miss)

If I miss by less than 4 I will use my Lucky Charm (see below)
    If I hit I will use Assassin's Cloak (see below) to hide in addition to becoming invisible.

From his hidden position, Blade throws another Shroud on the Vampiress fighting Telgarth and teleports opposite of Telgarth's Vamp and attacks with Gloom Thief which 15+15+2CA=32 hit for yet another min damage roll for the PCs (not easy with 4 dice!) 14+8 shrouds=22 hits. She is now bloodied. As Blade hits, he turns invisible and 16+14=30 stealth thinks he's hidden pretty well.

Aura's turn...

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth Aura710

Aura can't see the Vampiress that you shot last round because she fell off the roof, but can see everyone else excpet Blade.
    Trevor
    Trevor

Post by Trevor Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:07 pm

Standard action: Attack rooftop vampiress with Bramble Ally encounter power (+12 vs Ref, 2d6+8 dmg on hit).
    Move action: Move spirit companion adjacent to vampiress on roof. Move Aura south along edge of roof.
    Action Point: Ranged Basic Attack vs. rooftop vampiress.

If bramble ally hits and rooftop vampiress is still adjacent to spirit companion at the start of her turn, then she is immobilized during her turn.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:22 pm

Trevor wrote:Standard action: Attack rooftop vampiress with Bramble Ally encounter power (+12 vs Ref, 2d6+8 dmg on hit).
    Move action: Move spirit companion adjacent to vampiress on roof. Move Aura south along edge of roof.
    Action Point: Ranged Basic Attack vs. rooftop vampiress.

If bramble ally hits and rooftop vampiress is still adjacent to spirit companion at the start of her turn, then she is immobilized during her turn.

Hottie on the roof 12+10+2 enhance=24 v ref hits for (2d6=Cool+6 +2 enhance=16 hits. After summoning more powerful magics, she seems to be abandoning the bystanders in the street fighting the Vamps that were chasing her moving 7 S. She then fires her bow using an AP and 13+11+2=26 hit for 1+6+2=9 damage. You guys are hitting a lot, but I don't think I've seen so many min damages!

Ashe, then Telgarth, then baddies...
    Krystoff
    Krystoff

Post by Krystoff Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:38 pm

I don't believe it's my turn yet since I delayed until after the baddies. I will go just in case something else happened.

EDIT: There it is. I was supposed to go right after the vamps last attack but Blade and Aura got to go. Anyways, the order shouldn't matter since it didn't affect my turn.

Free action: Shed bright light from the sword for 2 squares.
    Free action: Have you ever tasted pure bright sunlight? It is SO refreshing.
    Move: Shift 1NW
    Standard: Blazing Starfall 1NW of the vamp that Ashe and Telgarth are on.

Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:45 pm

Krystoff wrote:Free action: Shed bright light from the sword for 2 squares.
    Free action: Have you ever tasted pure bright sunlight? It is SO refreshing.
    Move: Shift 1NW
    Standard: Blazing Starfall 1NW of the vamp that Ashe and Telgarth are on.

Whoops! Yes, Ashe should have gone before Blade...

free action Sunlight radiates from Ashe's sword and and the Vampiress next to him begins to smoke... (taking damage & not regenerating) "I'll taste your blood, boy!"

Ashe then shifts and casts BS on the Vampiress between BLADE and Telgarth Smile but 3+12=15 v ref, miss.

Telgarth's turn then baddies...

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth Aura810
    jibuki
    jibuki

Post by jibuki Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:58 pm

Standard attack oathed target - Abjure Undead. Since it is a close burst, I'm not subject to opportunity attacks right?

Avenger Feature Abjure Undead
    You send a brilliant ray of radiant power at an undead foe, compelling it to stagger toward you.

Encounter Divine, Implement, Radiant
    Standard Action Close burst 5

Channel Divinity: You can use only one channel divinity power per encounter

Target: One undead creature in the burst

Hit: 4d10 + Wisdom modifier radiant damage, and you pull the target a number of squares equal to 1 + your Wisdom modifier. The target is also immobilized until the end of your next turn.

Miss: Half damage, and you pull the target 1 square.

depending on what happens, I might do other actions
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:26 pm

jibuki wrote:Standard attack oathed target - Abjure Undead. Since it is a close burst, I'm not subject to opportunity attacks right?
    depending on what happens, I might do other actions

Correct, no AoO on close bursts.

Telgarth uses Abjure Undead and 9+12=21 v will, hit for 39 radiant! "Aaaghhh!!.." and with her vulnerability, she explodes into dust.

minor/move left then baddies...
    jibuki
    jibuki

Post by jibuki Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:32 pm

Move NE, E, E, E,
    Minor Vampire to the S of Telgarth
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:22 am

jibuki wrote:Move NE, E, E, E,
    Minor Vampire to the S of Telgarth

Telgarth moves and I assume the minor is to Oath the S Vampire...

Baddies turn.

Immobilized Vamp on roof attacks spirit hitting AC 22 for 10+8 flurry. (Aura, let me know if that hits, what that does)

Vamp near Ashe (took sunlight damage on your turn when created sunlight, not regenerating, starting next round if still in sunlight will take ongoing at beginning of her turn)

move action: shift 1 W
    standard action: Vampiric shift/attack and 2+13=15 miss, then shifts 5 SE +1 S (she tasted pure sunlight, she doesn't like it.)

Vamp that fell off roof
    standard action: shift/attack to Telgarth's SE 12+13=25 hit Telgarth for 12 +8flurry
    move action: Shift E Telgarth is bloodied.

brain in iron jar special still doesn't recharge.

move action: float down 2 squares from 25' up to 15' up for close burst 3.
    standard action: Electical Discharge
    v Ashe 18+14=32 v ref hit for 6 lightning +daze
    v Telgarth 13+14=27 v ref hit for 6 lightning +daze
    v Blade (couldn't see you but was hoping you're still in burst) 19+14=33 v ref hit for 6 +daze. (save ends for everybody)

Note: 2 Vamps that were on roof regenerate 5, Vamp that was in sunlight didn't (nor the dusted one...)

Ashe, Blade, Aura, Telgarth, then baddies...

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth Aura9b10
    Krystoff
    Krystoff

Post by Krystoff Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:53 am

Sorry didn't see this until today.

Since I am dazed I will use Blazing Starfall on the vamp that Telgarth and Blade were flanking. I will cast it NE of him so it doesn't affect allies.

Save for Daze.

Kenji

Post by Kenji Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:57 am

Krystoff wrote:Since I am dazed I will use Blazing Starfall on the vamp that Telgarth and Blade were flanking. I will cast it NE of him so it doesn't affect allies.

Save for Daze.

I assume you meant SE, since Telgarth is directly N... Ashe summons a Blazing Starfall and 14+12=26 v ref, hit for 17+ vulnerability, then save '10' recovers from daze.

Blade's turn...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:05 am