Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Northwest Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics

» Adventure Logs - At the Ready!
Kims TaeKwonDo Portland Open Grand Championships EmptyMon May 13, 2024 9:09 pm by Teramotos

» Women's Self Defense Class - Saturday June 8th 2024 1PM to 3:00 PM - Seattle
Kims TaeKwonDo Portland Open Grand Championships EmptyThu May 02, 2024 10:48 am by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Wisdom Warriors of Newport - Beginner Series 4e
Kims TaeKwonDo Portland Open Grand Championships EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 12:50 am by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - RIFTS
Kims TaeKwonDo Portland Open Grand Championships EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 2:53 pm by Teramotos

» Pathfinder 2e Wanderer's Guide Upgrade
Kims TaeKwonDo Portland Open Grand Championships EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 12:21 pm by Ross

» Fallout on Amazon Prime Video
Kims TaeKwonDo Portland Open Grand Championships EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am by Ross

» Adventure Logs - Shaelrick Adventures - PF2e
Kims TaeKwonDo Portland Open Grand Championships EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 7:34 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! Saturday April 6th Pathfinder 2e Continued
Kims TaeKwonDo Portland Open Grand Championships EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:26 am by Krystoff

» Adventure Logs - The Eastern Knights
Kims TaeKwonDo Portland Open Grand Championships EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 9:39 pm by Teramotos

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 801 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:27 pm

2 posters

Kims TaeKwonDo Portland Open Grand Championships

Teramotos
    Teramotos

Number of posts : 4854
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Kims TaeKwonDo Portland Open Grand Championships Empty Kims TaeKwonDo Portland Open Grand Championships

Post by Teramotos Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:48 pm

Absolutely exhausted and just pretty much rested all day (Sunday) today after the tournament yesterday in Portland.

Kobe - lost his first match to the Junior who eventually placed 2nd in the division and Kobe won all his matches in the loser's bracket to finish 3rd; quite the battle; have great videos. Kobe maintains his style of being the prototypical counter attacker. Fighting his way back up the ladder to third, not a single match went all the way to the end of regulation as Kobe would score the max points against his opponents well before time ran out. I don't think I was able to crush any of my opponents like that with all my matches ending at regulation time and then going to "decision" (higher point count).

Stuart - 2nd in the Men's BB LW Division but the real story is the 2nd place finish in the Senior Advanced Division where in the second round of eliminations I drew Mike as my opponent. There was quite a crowd of spectators and I fell behind by a full point right away. Fought back to take the lead only to have Mike tie the score right at the end of regulation time, forcing OT. Scored on a quick lunging side kick to finally beat my own brother. Mike did place first in the men's brown belt LW division.

Kellie won her division and my nephew Devin placed 3rd in his division. None of the five of us that competed placed in forms. I was the only one of the five of us that placed in board breaking, taking third in the mens black belt division with a very unique inside to outside block break through 2" (a very difficult break).

Great pizza party with all the other Renton people afterward and then the long van ride home. Was nice to ride in my brother's van; think that was the first Portland tourney I went to where I didn't have to drive.

Sonya Morecut (Human Warlord) - SG1
    Whey Baker (Human Fighter) - SG1
    Archemedies - (Githyanki Artificer) - Slave Ship
    Alysa Redfield (Human Archer Warlord) - Dark Nights Rising
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Number of posts : 5285
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Kims TaeKwonDo Portland Open Grand Championships Empty Re: Kims TaeKwonDo Portland Open Grand Championships

Post by Dwarmaj Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:44 am

Sounds like you guys did well and had a great time. Congrats. Very Happy
    Teramotos
    Teramotos

Number of posts : 4854
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Kims TaeKwonDo Portland Open Grand Championships Empty Re: Kims TaeKwonDo Portland Open Grand Championships

Post by Teramotos Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:15 am

Yep, it was a really fun time...very nerve racking having to fight my own brother though; can't let your little brother beat you (at anything), right?

ST

Sonya Morecut (Human Warlord) - SG1
    Whey Baker (Human Fighter) - SG1
    Archemedies - (Githyanki Artificer) - Slave Ship
    Alysa Redfield (Human Archer Warlord) - Dark Nights Rising

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:57 am