Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Northwest Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics

» Adventure Logs - At the Ready!
Hong Sik Kim's TKD Grand Championships EmptyMon May 13, 2024 9:09 pm by Teramotos

» Women's Self Defense Class - Saturday June 8th 2024 1PM to 3:00 PM - Seattle
Hong Sik Kim's TKD Grand Championships EmptyThu May 02, 2024 10:48 am by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Wisdom Warriors of Newport - Beginner Series 4e
Hong Sik Kim's TKD Grand Championships EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 12:50 am by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - RIFTS
Hong Sik Kim's TKD Grand Championships EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 2:53 pm by Teramotos

» Pathfinder 2e Wanderer's Guide Upgrade
Hong Sik Kim's TKD Grand Championships EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 12:21 pm by Ross

» Fallout on Amazon Prime Video
Hong Sik Kim's TKD Grand Championships EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am by Ross

» Adventure Logs - Shaelrick Adventures - PF2e
Hong Sik Kim's TKD Grand Championships EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 7:34 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! Saturday April 6th Pathfinder 2e Continued
Hong Sik Kim's TKD Grand Championships EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:26 am by Krystoff

» Adventure Logs - The Eastern Knights
Hong Sik Kim's TKD Grand Championships EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 9:39 pm by Teramotos

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 801 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:27 pm

3 posters

Hong Sik Kim's TKD Grand Championships

Teramotos
    Teramotos

Number of posts : 4854
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Hong Sik Kim's TKD Grand Championships Empty Hong Sik Kim's TKD Grand Championships

Post by Teramotos Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:11 pm

...at my sister in law's house, totally spent; a good day. Kobe had a tough draw and fought the kid who eventually won his division in his first match. He fought up the loser's bracket to eventually take second place. Kobe's match for 2nd or 3rd was tied at the end of regulation time and went to sudden death OT.

Made some outstanding board breaks, and in the men's black belt division (all weight classes) took 3rd place; this was my best performance of the day.

Did surprisingly well in the fighting competion. Had a very fortunate draw in the "Senior"division (all competitors regardless of weight in one division) and won my first two matches. In the finals for 1st / 2nd, I was disqualified for a straight punch to the face that drew blood. (e.g. I hit the guy in the lip) I was aiming for his chest but he lunged to punch and he blocked my attack upward. It was a fair call. In the match just prior, I got a warning for excessive power when I hit my opponent in that match with a straight punch to the chest and I hit his nerve cluster by his armpit and actually put him down. I think the ref took that into account in his ruling to disqualify me in the next match. My opponent took first and I took second and he went on to fight in the Grand Championship Division and won his first round.

In the men's open Lt Weight Black Belt, I again had a good draw (they called my name, but I was fighting in the Senior Division in the next ring). Lost in the finals for first and second so took second. Again my opponent advanced to the Grand Chapionship Round and he lost his first match.

Neither Kobe nor I placed in forms (but we made a good showing). I have lots of bruises on my right forearm and blood splatter all over my uniform (looks like I was in a fight). Saw a lot of really great martial arts. Going to sleep now; tired.

Last edited by Teramotos on Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sonya Morecut (Human Warlord) - SG1
    Whey Baker (Human Fighter) - SG1
    Archemedies - (Githyanki Artificer) - Slave Ship
    Alysa Redfield (Human Archer Warlord) - Dark Nights Rising
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Number of posts : 3868
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Character sheet
    Campaign: 4e-Against the Giants
    Character Name: Kazoo Noisemaker
    Player Name: Ross

Hong Sik Kim's TKD Grand Championships Empty Re: Hong Sik Kim's TKD Grand Championships

Post by Ross Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:03 pm

If you made a guy bleed your the winner. They might take home the 1st place trophy, but you have the satisfaction of taking them down.

Silk - Human/Hexblade [4e-Dark Nights Rising Campaign]
    Kazoo - Halfling(Kender)/Hybrid(Rogue/Druid) [4e-Against the Giants]
    Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
    Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
    Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Shandral Aurlong - Human/Sorcerer [5e-Horde of the Dragon Queen Campaign]
    Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
    Battlefield Soldier: Saturnicus
    Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
    Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
    XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
    Teramotos
    Teramotos

Hong Sik Kim's TKD Grand Championships Empty Re: Hong Sik Kim's TKD Grand Championships

Post by Teramotos Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:45 pm

Yeah, the opponent I hit in the mouth talked with me after the match and he thought he might have blocked my punch upward into his mouth. A fellow student from my school filmed that match and told me he would post it on FB so I could see what actually happened. The other guy was really disappointed as he felt cheated that he didn't get to spar the entire match against me as our styles were very similar. In a kicking sport, both of us relied more on our hands to attack, our kicks were used to set up the scoring punch. He did have the added dimension of a pretty neat spinning kick to the head (yeah he scored on me with that).

Now the guy I put down with the strike to the arm pit, I really didn't hit him that hard. After the match, another student from my school came up to me and told me that he had just gotten done fighting the same guy I had just fought and my fellow Renton student told me that he hit the guy pretty hard with a roundhouse kick to the exact same spot I punched the guy in; so maybe he was kinda weakened in that area...

Yeah, I hear you, in the last tournament, Kobe had a great two kick combo and hit his opponent in the back of the neck with a spinning hook kick and got a warning instead of a point. For a point, it needed to strike about a half inch lower. Yeah, real fights are different than tournaments and we try to follow the rules of course.

Kenji

Number of posts : 3459
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by Kenji Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:24 pm

Ross wrote:If you made a guy bleed your the winner. They might take home the 1st place trophy, but you have the satisfaction of taking them down.

Disagree. If the other guy was following the rules it's not an apples to apples comparison.

I was just watching a UFC fight that had an accidental kick to the groin that the ref didn't catch (after a couple warnings that the ref did catch) & it eventually won him the match. The whole audience was 'booing' and I agreed...
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Number of posts : 3868
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Character sheet
    Campaign: 4e-Against the Giants
    Character Name: Kazoo Noisemaker
    Player Name: Ross

Post by Ross Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:20 am

I was trying to make Stu feel better for losing, but thanks for shitting on that.

Silk - Human/Hexblade [4e-Dark Nights Rising Campaign]
    Kazoo - Halfling(Kender)/Hybrid(Rogue/Druid) [4e-Against the Giants]
    Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
    Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
    Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Shandral Aurlong - Human/Sorcerer [5e-Horde of the Dragon Queen Campaign]
    Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
    Battlefield Soldier: Saturnicus
    Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
    Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
    XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
    Teramotos
    Teramotos

Post by Teramotos Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:59 am

...regardless of what Brad posted, you did make me feel better. Very Happy

Teramotos
    Teramotos

Post by Teramotos Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:31 pm

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=176959502315061&oid=182434234104

Right Handed Reverse Palm Strike through 4 boards. Had to use my right hand as my left shoulder is sore from volleyball. I actually started doing this break with my left hand (old injuries on the right hand). Break did leave a slight bruise on my right palm. Before the next tournament, I'll practice with 5 boards.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Renton-WA/Kims-Tae-Kwon-Do-of-Renton/182434234104?v=wall#!/video/video.php?v=176959792315032&oid=182434234104

Spinning Right Hammer Fist through 2 boards. Yeah, I could have done more, but since I thought my first break was really good, I didn't want to blow my position by missing the second break. As it turns out, I should have went for 3 boards because I think I just barely got edged out of second place. I couldn't have known that at the time because out of the field of 15 I was the first name called up and I didn't know how high the bar to place would be.

Kenji

Number of posts : 3459
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by Kenji Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:18 pm

Ross wrote:I was trying to make Stu feel better for losing, but thanks for shitting on that.

Ah. My bad...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:34 pm