Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Northwest Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics

» Adventure Logs - At the Ready!
Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2024 9:09 pm by Teramotos

» Women's Self Defense Class - Saturday June 8th 2024 1PM to 3:00 PM - Seattle
Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2024 10:48 am by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Wisdom Warriors of Newport - Beginner Series 4e
Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 12:50 am by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - RIFTS
Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 2:53 pm by Teramotos

» Pathfinder 2e Wanderer's Guide Upgrade
Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 12:21 pm by Ross

» Fallout on Amazon Prime Video
Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am by Ross

» Adventure Logs - Shaelrick Adventures - PF2e
Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 7:34 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! Saturday April 6th Pathfinder 2e Continued
Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:26 am by Krystoff

» Adventure Logs - The Eastern Knights
Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 9:39 pm by Teramotos

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 8 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

Krystoff

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 801 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:27 pm

4 posters

Family time... Angelus & Ember

Mick
    Mick

Number of posts : 1671
    Registration date : 2008-12-03

Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 Empty Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember

Post by Mick Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:57 pm

minor: sustain BIG
    move: move 4S & 2 SW. that should place me NW of Angelus.
    from there I should be able to see at least 1 of the guys attacking the hand.
    standard: Scorching Blast
    If I see both of then, center so both are in the blast.
    If I see only one, center on him and hope the other is adjacent but out of sight.
    Kenji

Number of posts : 3459
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 Empty Re: Family time... Angelus & Ember

Post by Kenji Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:19 am

Mick wrote:minor: sustain BIG
    move: move 4S & 2 SW. that should place me NW of Angelus.
    from there I should be able to see at least 1 of the guys attacking the hand.
    standard: Scorching Blast
    If I see both of then, center so both are in the blast.
    If I see only one, center on him and hope the other is adjacent but out of sight.

Ember moves (and can see both but only 1 fully) then blasts with a crit 24+5 on the S halberdsman and 9+11=20, good thing v ref, hits the other for 19 fire.

Angelus' turn, then baddies...

Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 Family17
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Number of posts : 5285
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Post by Dwarmaj Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:21 am

Angelus' turn:
    Move: use Eternal Mountain movement (shift 2SE and gain Resist All 5)

Standard: use Eternal Mountain Attack (close burst 1 hitting both enemies), FoB on the one I hit or the one to the SE if I hit both)
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:21 am

Dwarmaj wrote:Angelus' turn:
    Move: use Eternal Mountain movement (shift 2SE and gain Resist All 5)

Standard: use Eternal Mountain Attack (close burst 1 hitting both enemies), FoB on the one I hit or the one to the SE if I hit both)

Angelus shifts 2 and totals 21 & 16 v fort, hit once for 19 +8 flurry (+5 FF still I assume)

From the other room: "It's daylight, fight as if we've nohwhere to retreat to!"

prone halberd thrall stands and 16+10=26 v AC hit exactly with shift (I think) for 9 hits & knocks Angelus prone as well.

other thrall shifts E and also 16+10=26 for 9 hits (if AC26 hits exactly)

A Human Vampire charges in and 7+11+2prone=20 miss. You see others coming down the hall...

Ember, then Angelus, then baddies...

Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 Family18
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:29 am

bradly wrote:
    Angelus shifts 2 and totals 21 & 16 v fort, hit once for 19 +8 flurry (+5 FF still I assume)

I wish...

Fighting Fury only works with melee attacks. Eternal Mountain is a close bust so no FF.

Ember, I think there's too many. How about we back out and burn the place down.

Did the damage I took include the Resist All 5?
    Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:39 am

move: BIG 1S & 1E. putting it south of Angelus.
    standard: attack thrall east of Angelus

Hit: 2d8 + Intelligence modifier (+6) cold damage, and the
    hand grabs the target. If the target attempts to escape, the
    hand uses your Fortitude or Reflex defense.

Mindwarp staff of Ruin +2: +11 attack, 2d8+18 damage

AP: Scorching Burst on the thrall to the east. that should get the two thralls and one vamp.

Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:41 am

free action to Angelus: OK, we can move back out and torch the place but what if there are hostages somewhere inside? Also we will need finish off the familiars(thralls)since they will be able to come out after us..
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:46 am

Dwarmaj wrote:Did the damage I took include the Resist All 5?

No. Adding 5+5 back to you & 5 back to the N Thrall.

move: BIG 1S & 1E. putting it south of Angelus.
    standard: attack thrall east of Angelus

Hit: 2d8 + Intelligence modifier (+6) cold damage, and the
    hand grabs the target. If the target attempts to escape, the
    hand uses your Fortitude or Reflex defense.

Mindwarp staff of Ruin +2: +11 attack, 2d8+18 damage

AP: Scorching Burst on the thrall to the east. that should get the two thralls and one vamp.

That would be S +SE. Ember moves the BIG and 11+11=22 v ref hits for 23 cold damage and is grabbed. He is bloodid and cannot effectively weild his halberd.

Ember then casts another spell with an AP and N Thrall 28 hits, S Thrall 14 miss, Vamp 19 barely hits. The bloodied, grabbed Thrall takes another 21 fire and the woman bursts into dust.

Angelus' turn (starting prone)
    Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:52 am

Did you get the +2 damage to the thrall if he was already blooded on the SB?
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:54 am

When the vampire is dusted, Angelus will use a free action to activate Dark Reaping

Angelus' turn:
    Move: Stand

Standard: use Fallen Needle attack on the bloodied one (If I hit FF and FoB, he's also -2 to hit me)
    +2 extra damage for being bloodied.

Dark Reaping damage on a hit as well.

Minor: use Fallen Needle movement to shift 1 SE
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:When the vampire is dusted, Angelus will use a free action to activate Dark Reaping

Angelus' turn:
    Move: Stand

Standard: use Fallen Needle attack on the bloodied one (If I hit FF and FoB, he's also -2 to hit me)
    +2 extra damage for being bloodied.

Dark Reaping damage on a hit as well.

Minor: use Fallen Needle movement to shift 1 SE

Angelus activates Dark Reaping on Ember's turn, then stands and 10+12=22 v ref. (not sure if grabbed =CA, but doesn't matter) hit for 18 +2 bloodied +5FF +8 flurry +(4+6) DR (+2 missed for Ember) =43 +2. Thrall falls, never getting to use his AP. Sad

minor shifts SE

Baddies turn...

Thrall shifts E1 & uses "powerful strike" 17 miss.

2 young Elven Vampires charge up and attack and Angelus recalls distant flashes of familiarity with them. They both miss with an 18 & 23.

Hearing your talk of burning the building down, Ember hears a window break and sees a Vampire coming back in the front door. (Remember this cabin has an especially long overhang on it's roof providing some shade outside)

Ember, Angelus, then baddies again...

Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 Family20
    Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:32 pm

move: Ember moves to west of BIG
    standard:scorching burst on the thrall 4 spaces to the east
    That should get the thrall and the 2 young vamps
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:11 pm

move: Ember moves to west of BIG
    standard:scorching burst on the thrall 4 spaces to the east
    That should get the thrall and the 2 young vamps

Ember sustains BIG, moves adj to it, and 8+11=19 v Thrall, barely hit; 6+11=17 v young Vamp miss; 11+11=22 v ref and a young Elf boy bursts into flames (& as he does, Angelus starts to remember happy glimpses of his previous life & family), and the Thrall takes 19 fire. (Not bloodied yet)

Angelus then baddies...
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:03 pm

Angelus' turn:
    Standard: use Spinning Leapard Manuever
    This will allow Angelus to shift 6 and attack each enemy he moves adjacent to. I'm not sure where the enemies are, but I want to end up east 6 squares near the door way to the NE.

I'll use FoB on the "elves", I can flurry twice with Blurred Strike Ki Focus since each attack is separate.

Shift 1E or NE
    Shift 1E (or NE if I moved E last shift) attack "elf", if I hit and the elf is down, flurry on the thrawl
    Shift 1E attack the thrawl
    Shift 2E attack the "elf"
    Shift 1E attack the "round token", if I hit, flurry on the "elf" if it is still alive, otherwise flurry on the "round token".

Minor: use power from my boots to shift 2N

Move: move 6 through and out the window

Free: use Quick Silver Motion
    Move 6 toward the vampire outside.

As Angelus moves through and out the room, he'll taunt the vampires.
    "Move like a butterfly... Stings like a bee" Catch me if you can suckers.

Busy turn... I shouldn't provoke an AoO from anyone, let me know otherwise.

Note: FF applies to each melee attack. SLM does half damage on a miss (exept for the minions...)
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:41 am

Standard: use Spinning Leapard Manuever
    This will allow Angelus to shift 6 and attack each enemy he moves adjacent to. I'm not sure where the enemies are, but I want to end up east 6 squares near the door way to the NE.

I'll use FoB on the "elves", I can flurry twice with Blurred Strike Ki Focus since each attack is separate.

Shift 1E or NE
    Shift 1E (or NE if I moved E last shift) attack "elf", if I hit and the elf is down, flurry on the thrawl
    Shift 1E attack the thrawl
    Shift 2E attack the "elf"
    Shift 1E attack the "round token", if I hit, flurry on the "elf" if it is still alive, otherwise flurry on the "round token".

Minor: use power from my boots to shift 2N

Move: move 6 through and out the window

Free: use Quick Silver Motion
    Move 6 toward the vampire outside.

Angelus atacks with SLM and right before he's about to attack the young girl Elf, immediate interrupt happens and childhood memories of you & your sister come rushing back but 2+13=15 v will miss and nothing else happens.

Angelus v sister Vamp 15+12=27 hit for 17 hits. Her neck cracks as she slams against the wall but is not dust and is still concious. Angelus keeps shifting & V Thrall: 18+12=30 hit for 19 hits +5FF +8 flurry. Thrall is bloodied. Angelus continues his shift toward the Elf Vamp and memories of great times with your dad start rushing back to you and 18+11=29 v will success! Immediate interrupt "Loved One's Remose" kicks in and Angelus stops his turn dazed (save ends, +2 bonus to saves since loved ones are from previous life) as your head is filled with great times between you & your dad...

Angelus' turn ends short before he gets a chance to trash talk the Vamps.

Baddies turn...

Human Vamp (circle token w/hood) attacks dazed Angelus 2+11+2CA=15 miss.
    "Dad" attacks Angelus 2+11+2CA=15 miss
    Thrall moves and attacks Angelus 10+10+2CA=22 miss (Crapped out!)

3 Vamps circle back in the front door and

"mom" attacks Ember 19+11=30 hit for 5 necrotic +7 flurry
    Human Vamp attacks Ember 18+11=29 hit for 5+7.

Leader Vamp comes in the door, stares at Ember, and 4+11=15 v will, nothing happens.

Ember's turn, then Angelus' dazed action (& save), then baddies...

Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 Family21
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:53 am

Souldn't Angelus get a save at the end of his turn for the daze?

I'm not sure how daze works mid turn. I should still be able to complete the standard action I was taken at a minimum (unless the power specifically says all actions stop).

Does "Loved Ones Remorse" affect undead? (worth a shot...)

I can also take Free actions while dazed so depending on where I'm at I may use Quicksilver Motion.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:02 am

Dwarmaj wrote:Souldn't Angelus get a save at the end of his turn for the daze?

I'm not sure how daze works mid turn. I should still be able to complete the standard action I was taken at a minimum (unless the power specifically says all actions stop).

Does "Loved Ones Remorse" affect undead? (worth a shot...)

I can also take Free actions while dazed so depending on where I'm at I may use Quicksilver Motion.

Interrupts happen first so turn ends, but you're right, you should have gotten a save at the end of your turn and 18+2 racial success. The attacks that missed you anyway didn't have CA and you aren't dazed anymore. That didn't last long... :-( Save would be after your turn, so let me know about your free action.
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:08 am

Being dazed doesn't end your turn.

From the Compendium:
    Dazed
    While a creature is dazed, it doesn’t get its normal complement of actions on its turn; it can take either a standard, a move, or a minor action. The creature can still take free actions, but it can’t take immediate or opportunity actions. It also grants combat advantage and can’t flank.

I could start my turn dazed and still use SLM to shift 6 and attack several opponants... Being dazed mid turn shouldn't change that. Now a fighter or some other affect that stops movement probrably would.
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:10 am

I'll save my free action.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:32 am

Dwarmaj wrote:I could start my turn dazed and still use SLM to shift 6 and attack several opponants...

Yeah, that's true, but the flavor text of this ability is that you hesitate to deliver the blow as memories flood in...
    Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:35 am

I will use interupt: Wizard's Escape
    Trigger: An enemy hits you with a melee attack
    Effect: You teleport 5 squares to a space that is
    not adjacent to an enemy

Teleport to space 3N+2NW

Ember's turn:
    free action: say "Angel-honey, it's time to go"
    move: move 2NE+4N
    standard: scorching burst 10 spaces south. that should be one space N of the circle vamp.
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:58 am

Angelus' turn:

When the LOR attack hit me last round, do I know if it was the movement or the attack that triggered it?

Standard: use Scattering of Leaves on the "round token" NPC to the east. FoB on the NPC to the SE
    On hit, push them 1SE and shift 1E.

Note: FoB doesn't hit so things that trigger on hit don't work. But trigger on damage does.

If my attack hit...
    Minor: use boots to shift 2N (or E+N)
    Move: move 6 north through and out the window
    Free: use Quicksilver Motion to move 6N

If the attack missed, I'll need to revise my actions...
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:10 pm

Mick wrote:
    I will use interupt: Wizard's Escape
    Trigger: An enemy hits you with a melee attack
    Effect: You teleport 5 squares to a space that is
    not adjacent to an enemy

Teleport to space 3N+2NW

Ember's turn:
    free action: say "Angel-honey, it's time to go"
    move: move 2NE+4N
    standard: scorching burst 10 spaces south. that should be one space N of the circle vamp.

I added 12 hits back to Ember and moved her for the interrupt, but 'Mom' went before the Human Vamp or leader, so I moved them appropriately too. The Human (circle) Vamp would have moved to you & the leader would have stopped in the doorway since his gaze is range 5.

Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 Family22

The doorway is now blocked. (Also, isn't BIG range 10? I think you would have moved out of it's range.)
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:22 pm

When the LOR attack hit me last round, do I know if it was the movement or the attack that triggered it?

Standard: use Scattering of Leaves on the "round token" NPC to the east. FoB on the NPC to the SE
    On hit, push them 1SE and shift 1E.

Note: FoB doesn't hit so things that trigger on hit don't work. But trigger on damage does.

If my attack hit...
    Minor: use boots to shift 2N (or E+N)
    Move: move 6 north through and out the window
    Free: use Quicksilver Motion to move 6N

If the attack missed, I'll need to revise my actions...

I don't think Ember's revised actions (because of her interrupt) will affect your actions...

You know the attack was the trigger, but you suspect it's an encounter ability as the emotion of the memories aren't as intense...

Scattering of Leaves primary +27 & 19 secondary (plus flurry) both hit, and both Vamps are 'dead' but not dusted.

Your minor & move puts you exactly in the window the other Vamps went out of, I'll hold off on your free action move since you see that Ember is blocked in, in case you want to revise...
    Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:38 pm

but 'Mom' went before the Human Vamp or leader, so I moved them appropriately too. The Human (circle) Vamp would have moved to you & the leader would have stopped in the doorway since his gaze is range

Them not being in location shown would have effected where I teleported!

Look west is there a window in that direction?
    Do the stairs to the south lead up?
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:04 am

Mick wrote:Them not being in location shown would have effected where I teleported!

Look west is there a window in that direction?
    Do the stairs to the south lead up?

If they haven't acted yet when you interrupted 'mom', they would have gotten their actions...

Yes, there is a window in the room to the W (you'll have to open it or try to smash through), and the stairs lead to an unfinished basement.

Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 Family23
    Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:22 am

Ember's revised actions
    move & standard: run & run west to bash thru the window
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:32 am

bradly wrote:
    Your minor & move puts you exactly in the window the other Vamps went out of, I'll hold off on your free action move since you see that Ember is blocked in, in case you want to revise...

I didn't know both would go down from one attack. I'll need to revise my actions after the attack.

Minor: none (not using the power from my boots yet)

Move: move 6 to the window

Free: move 6 using Quicksilver Motion to go out the window and head west (want to be 1 away from the NPC blocking the door if possible)

Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:11 am

Mick wrote:Ember's revised actions
    move & standard: run & run west to bash thru the window

I moved you full through window then NE to be back in LOS of BIG, assuming you use minor to sustain. You provoke AoO from Human Vamp and she 7+11+2CA=20 miss.

Dwarmaj wrote:I didn't know both would go down from one attack. I'll need to revise my actions after the attack.

Minor: none (not using the power from my boots yet)

Move: move 6 to the window

Free: move 6 using Quicksilver Motion to go out the window and head west (want to be 1 away from the NPC blocking the door if possible)

Yeah, you probably knew the family Vamps were minions, but didn't do religion check...

If you didn't use minor, then move would leave you 2 shy of (open) window. QM leaves you 3 away from door.

baddies turn...

free action leader Vamp says "get the car"
    Thrall does move/move out window & heads E.

Vamps in cabin do moves

Leader Vamp. Gaze did not recharge so moves to Angelus and 1+13=14 miss. Note: Because of the large overhang of the roof, 2 squares N of building are not in direct sunlight, 3 away is in sunlight.

Ember, Angelus, then baddies...

Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 Family24

This battle is going to be over much sooner than the other one...
    Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:33 am

move: move BIG 6 N
    standard: Flaming Sphere in space east of leader vamp. and attack him.
    Effect: You conjure a Medium flaming sphere that
    occupies a square within range, and the sphere attacks.
    Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex
    Hit: 2d6 + Intelligence modifier (+6) fire damage.

Mindwarp staff of Ruin +2: +11 attack, 2d6+18 damage
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:37 am

I assume you meant W? Angelus is directly E of leader Vamp.
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:38 am

Angelus'

Free action: Get that guy heading for the car.

You guys aren't making it out of here... Dead or alive. Evil or Very Mad
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:39 am

Grr, too late...
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:18 pm

Angelus' turn:
    Free: Angelus says: "Gotta go after the driver, the vampire is toast once we take the driver down."

Minor: use Fallen Needle movement to shift 1NE

Move: move NE+ 4E+ 1SE (should put me north of the thrawl, without taking an AoO)

Standard: use Fallen Needle attack on the thrawl (FoB on hit)

Notes:
    +1 AC/Ref since I shifted
    If I hit, the thrawl is -2 to hit me (total of -3 vs Ac/Ref)
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:45 pm

move: move BIG 6 N
    standard: Flaming Sphere in space east of leader vamp. and attack him.

Ember maintains and moves BIG, then summons another conjuration, but 2+11=13 v ref miss. Must be too many spells at once, + Angelus yelling at her...

Free: Angelus says: "Gotta go after the driver, the vampire is toast once we take the driver down."

Minor: use Fallen Needle movement to shift 1NE

Move: move NE+ 4E+ 1SE (should put me north of the thrawl, without taking an AoO)

Standard: use Fallen Needle attack on the thrawl (FoB on hit)

Notes:
    +1 AC/Ref since I shifted
    If I hit, the thrawl is -2 to hit me (total of -3 vs Ac/Ref)

(token has Fallen Needle shift as a move action)

minor: shift NE?

move: end directly N of Thrall

standard: 7+12=19 v ref barely hits for 11+5FF+8 flurry... yuck!

Baddies turn...

Thrall tries to bite (blood drain) Angelus and 11+10=21 miss. shifts 1E, uses AP and tries 'powerful strike' 9+10=19 miss. During his shift you hear a 'beep, beep' from the car to the E.

Vamps in cabin do moves.

Leader Vamp takes 19 fire at the start of his turn, gaze still doesn't recharge so does a move/shift-attack E to attack Angelus and I am rolling bad...7+13=20 miss.

Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 Family25
    Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:40 pm

I assume the white thing to the east is the car? And I have line of sight to it.
    minor: sustain F Sph.
    move: move the F Sph to space west of leader vamp.
    Is the space east of the thrall within 10 spaces? if so
    standard: scorching burst the thrall centered on space east of it.
    if not
    standard: MM the thrall SE of Angelus (taking the 10 hp sure damage)

Would the house be catching on fire if the F Sph is next to it?
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:58 pm

Mick wrote:I assume the white thing to the east is the car? And I have line of sight to it.
    minor: sustain F Sph.
    move: move the F Sph to space west of leader vamp.
    Is the space east of the thrall within 10 spaces? if so
    standard: scorching burst the thrall centered on space east of it.
    if not
    standard: MM the thrall SE of Angelus (taking the 10 hp sure damage)

Would the house be catching on fire if the F Sph is next to it?

Yes, I drew the car. I don't think magical spells ignite unattended objects as a rule though...

I just counted it out, moving the sphere 6 is 2 squares from Leader (he had to do a move+shift/attack to swing at Angelus). Space W of Thrall is 11 squares from you. Also, you posted 2 standard actions and you already used your AP.

Revised actions?
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:01 pm

post #56...

Mick wrote:AP: Scorching Burst on the thrall to the east. that should get the two thralls and one vamp.

Both of you used your APs...
    Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:51 am

No not two standards

it's
    If so (this standard)
    If not (this standard)

same minor & move action
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:50 am

Mick wrote:No not two standards

it's
    If so (this standard)
    If not (this standard)

same minor & move action

Doh! Okay, Flaming Sphere moves 6 E and Thrall takes 10 hits. He looks very close to dropping, but is still up. Angelus' turn...
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:11 am

Angelus' turn:

Standard: use Five Storms attack (close burst 1)
    (If I miss the thrawl and hit the leader, I'll FoB on the thrawl. Otherwise, FoB on the leader).

Does it look like the thrawl is carrying keys? (we heard the "beep beep" and am asuming someone used some keys to unlock the car).

If I can see the keys (and the thrawl is down) I'll use my move to shift into his square and use my minor to pick up the keys.

Otherwise
    Move: use Five Storms movement to shift 1N+1S (just want the +1 to AC/Ref...) and stay adjacent to the leader.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:53 am

Standard: use Five Storms attack (close burst 1)
    (If I miss the thrawl and hit the leader, I'll FoB on the thrawl. Otherwise, FoB on the leader).

Does it look like the thrawl is carrying keys? (we heard the "beep beep" and am asuming someone used some keys to unlock the car).

If I can see the keys (and the thrawl is down) I'll use my move to shift into his square and use my minor to pick up the keys.

Otherwise
    Move: use Five Storms movement to shift 1N+1S (just want the +1 to AC/Ref...) and stay adjacent to the leader.

Yay! A break for the baddies...

Angelus strikes with 5 Storms, but 6+12=18 v ref, miss leader, 2+12=14 v ref miss Thrall.
    (& shifts back & forth)

Baddies turn...

Thrall does move: shift E, standard: full run to car, minor: open door. (yes, has key fob on his belt with car keys)

Leader:
    Free: (saying in normal voice to Vamps in house) "Plan B, call the authorities!"
    move action: shift E
    standard action: shift/attack 14+13=27 v AC, not sure but I think that exactly hit? 12+8 flurry if so... (& almost bloodied), shift E1

Vamps in cabin: you can't tell...

Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 Family26
    Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:01 pm

sustain FP
    If the thrall is within 20 space
    standard: MM the thrall
    move: move the FP to location SW of leader vamp
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:36 pm

Hmm, my move action would have been different after missing both...

I would shift 1E so the thrawl couldn't shift and move to get away without an AoO.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:47 pm

Mick wrote:sustain FP
    If the thrall is within 20 space
    standard: MM the thrall
    move: move the FP to location SW of leader vamp

Dang it, 10 hits barely drops the Thrall. But, even if Angelus moved E1, the leader Vamp is hugging the wall of building (staying as far away from sunlight as possible), i.e. nowhere S of leader. Where do you want FS?
    Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:03 pm

Wouldn't SE of the leader be in the broken window where the vamps came out?
    If that doesn't work move to the east of the leader.
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Angelus' turn:

Minor: activate Disrupting Fist stance (cancels Fighting Fury)

Standard: attack with Disrupting Fist attack
    On hit, he takes +2 extra damage and is Dazed (save ends), then FoB

On a miss, he takes half damage (including +2) and is dazed until the end of my next turn.

Move:
    how far is it to the thrawl?

I'll move 6 toward the thrawl, no AoO from the leader since he's dazed.

I'll also make sure I'm next to the building so he has to go around me.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:20 pm

Darn it! They would have opened all of these windows on their way out, since they really don't like being near sunlight & would want to expand retreat areas... Good catch! Shocked

Minor: activate Disrupting Fist stance (cancels Fighting Fury)

Standard: attack with Disrupting Fist attack
    On hit, he takes +2 extra damage and is Dazed (save ends), then FoB

On a miss, he takes half damage (including +2) and is dazed until the end of my next turn.

Move:
    how far is it to the thrawl?

I'll move 6 toward the thrawl, no AoO from the leader since he's dazed.

I'll also make sure I'm next to the building so he has to go around me.

Holy crap! What a cool attack!! What a Face

Basically a standard and "a half", and auto daze & target Fort? ...pretty cool. 18+12=30 hit for 22 +8 flurry and dazed.

Thrall was 7 from you (assuming you shifted prev round to N of leader), Angelus moves to corner of cabin 5' away from (barely) fallen Thrall.

Begining of leader's turn leader Vamp takes 20 fire.

Leader, after going from fresh to teetering on bloodied in a single blast, doesn't bother to use the psychic link with his lessors, and yells, "Over to me and bring me that phone with the cops!!"

Ember then Angelus, then premonition of what's coming, leader 13+13=26 v will and suddenly you hear several sirens (maybe 3-4, only 1 relatively close sounding) going off in this neighborhood and in all the adjoining of police and they're getting progressively lounder. If you don't go back into the cabin, free actions for about 20 secs...

Family time... Angelus & Ember - Page 2 Family28
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Crap. Just remembered leader is dazed. He's actually 6 farther N in the E doorway...

if it's save ends, 17, success.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:47 pm

Darn it! I accidentally edited an old post when I meant to just pull a quote...

bradly wrote:Refresher...

Dwarmaj wrote:If we get there at night we'll check out the area to make sure they are not currently being attacked. If everything is clear we'll wait until morning and just keep an eye on them from a distance (I'm assuming we came by car).

Up to you how much you spent on a car & who drove...

Dwarmaj wrote:Is there a police car around?

bradly wrote:
    Post Script: There is no 'marked' police car and let's say your family had nothing to do with law enforcement.

Key fob already spotted on Thrall's belt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:38 am