Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics
» Friday, Nov 17th
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:16 am by Teramotos

» Epic item tade in: would a figurine be game breaking?
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:12 pm by Ross

» Prophecy of the Rainbow Warriors - Adventure Logs
Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:47 am by Teramotos

» GAME ON! Rainbow Warriors - Friday Nov 3rd 6 PM - Slave Ship Backup
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:23 am by Teramotos

» Beverages for the Gaming Fridge
Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:03 pm by Krystoff

» Against the Slave Lords - DM Observations - Fall of the Stockade
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:09 pm by Teramotos

» Next Slave Lords - Oct ?? Nov ??
Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:44 am by Teramotos

» Next Rainbow Warriors Game On! 20 OCT 6 PM
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:02 pm by bradly

» 4.0 CHARACTER BUILDER
Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:31 pm by jibuki

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

PAX 2012

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: PAX 2012 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:27 pm

Ross

Admin
So Ken, are you going to PAX.

Some recommended items to bring with you to PAX:
1. Lightweight backpack to carry your swag and purchases.
2. Your Cell Phone, so we can find each other (texting is best since it's hard to hear your phone ringing)
3. Water bottle.
3. A snack or lunch, although if you go off property there are plenty of good downtown restaurants.
4. A hat with a towel or scarf to keep the sun off you if your waiting in lines outside.
5. Purcell to clean hands after playing with germ contaminated controllers and keyboards.
6. Money or plastic to buy stuff.
7. Cameras to capture images of lots of cool stuff.
8. If you have a smartphone you can download a PAX Guide for Reference (Go here http://prime.paxsite.com/ Links are in the bottom right corner.)
9. Small games to play while in lines.
10. And the most important thing: Bring your Badge. If you forget that your not getting in.

Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

27 Re: PAX 2012 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:56 am

Ross

Admin
Reaper had a Free Miniatures Room:
Choose, Paint and Take.
1. Choose a figure
2. Paint it.
3. Take it home

My figuring:

Here is Brad and Mine's. Chris painted a dwarf, but I didn't get a picture of it. Maybe he can post it here.

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.

28 Re: PAX 2012 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:49 pm

Oh man, where's the double Like button!! You guys went to PAX and I went to work...hmmm...hardly a close comparison.

View user profile

29 Re: PAX 2012 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:34 am

Well!!! How was it man?

View user profile

30 Re: PAX 2012 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:46 am

Ross

Admin
I enjoyed myself. It felt rushed even though I was there for 13 hours. I didn't get to see a lot of stuff. I'm going at least 2-days next year. I heard it's going to be 4 days in 2013, but not sure what the ticket structure will be.

Susie was having stomach problems so she couldn't come down initially.
Chris and I had kids with us the first half of the day, then around 2pm Susie took them all home with her. I'm glad I brought mine to see some of the new games, but I think I'll only bring them for 1/2 day next year, and not get them a multi-pass.

First thing we did was get in the big line around 9:30a. Chris and his son was already in line, probably about a 1,000 people in front of us. We were probably around 10,000 or so in line. Kind of wish we didn't get there early because they changed this around this year, and didn't give out the swag bags when you got in line. You didn't hand them out until 11:30a. So wasted effort to get there early this time.
Once we got in the first stop was the Nintendo booth, and the kids got to play all the new WiiU games. We even got a coin to get a free Mario T-Shirt.

I then brought my kids over to the Wizards booth and checked out the new Neverwinter MMO they are going to release in early 2013. It looked really good graphically, and get this. It's free. No monthly fee and you don't have to buy the boxed or downloaded game. You download it for free, and play for free. Only things that will have a cost will be micro transactions, like cosmetic changes to your character. So this would be a good game for everyone to participate in, and no one can say they don't want to spend the money on it.

Next stop was downstairs to the Handheld Nintendo Lounge to get the free t-shirts, and Jason wanted to check out the Skylander Giant game. Then Chris and his son headed up to the League of Legends area. The rest of us went around checking out other booths, then we went up to the Free Play Console Lounge, and the kids played Mario Sluggers (baseball game) for a bit. Susie then arrived, so we went back to the Nintendo booth after rendezvousing with Chris.

Brad and I ran down to the DnD area to see what was going on, but by that time it was almost time to line up for the Acquisitions, Inc DnD game. So we didn't have any chance to try out any games or play in any adventures.

Susie then took all 3 kids and brought them to a couple of more booths and then went home.
We got in line for the DnD game. We were 2 hours early and were probably about a 100 people from the front of the line, so we got good seats. Brad and Chris played 2-1/2 games of magic with the free packs (I didn't have mine because I gave my bag of swag to Susie to bring home). They both won a game and the 3rd was undecided because the line started moving.

Acquisitions, Inc, was hilarious, as usual. I think it was even better than previous years. The podcast for it will probably come out soon, so watch out for that. It's just so much better live though. It lasted 2 hours.

After that we went to Chipotle's for dinner, and then headed back to the Convention Center to get a PAX Schedule and see what else we could do. After pondering and bathroom breaks, which totalled about 45 minutes we decided on playing some Tabletop games, we went searching for the Tabletop Games room. After getting sent up and down the different escalators by a few different people we saw the Reaper area, where you could choose a free Reaper figuring (with a limited selection). This is where I got to stomp on a figure to test it's durability, and it held up great. So after selecting our figure we got in line for like 20 minutes to paint our figures. Thankfully the time went by fast with a conversation with a cute blond Swedish accent girl who worked for Amazon. We finally got in and there were paints all of the table for use. They just gave you a brush and a piece of parchment for a palette and a small cup of water. The minis dried really fast and we left with our free painted figures.

We finally found the check out area for the board games so each of us grabbed a one. Brad grabbed 3 Dragon Ante (I didn't see him claim that, or I would have had him put it back as we've played that before), Chris got Zombie Dice, and I grabbed Munchkin. We were looking for a place to sit and coincidentally we ended up in the Peter Jackson Games section. Both of the games Chris and I had were produced by that company so we got to hang out there and have someone show us how to play Munchkin. We played that for what seemed like an hour and a half. Once of the game refs said normally you should hold your salt cards until later in the game, but I think we were stuck at lower levels forever. It was like we were playing Spellfire and all of us drew all of our salt cards at the beginning. I felt it was a lot of fun. I have it but haven't opened it yet. I'll bring it next time we get together and maybe we can try it out.

Next game we tried was Zombie Dice. It was a very simple game, but still fun. Brad won both the Munchkin and Zombie Dice game, as well as one of the Magic games he played against Chris (who was showing him how to play the game), so he was feeling pretty good.

It was around 10:45pm around that time, so we decided to call it, even though there were still tons of people everywhere.

I posted my PAX pictures on my Facebook if anyone wants to see them.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4484964080365.2183798.1178019959&type=3

31 Re: PAX 2012 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:44 am

A good read, wish I could have been there too!

View user profile

32 Re: PAX 2012 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:00 pm

Ross

Admin
So what happened to you anyway. Was it just having to work?

33 Re: PAX 2012 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:13 pm

Nah, Kobe went and got himself grounded. That's why I had to sell the badges. I guess I still could have gone, but it wasn't going to be the same without him. As it turns out, I had to work on the weekend anyway - put in 10 on Sat/Sun. Still, if I really wanted to go, I could have worked less on Sat/Sun and worked on Monday instead.

View user profile

34 Re: PAX 2012 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:17 pm

Ross

Admin
Actually me and Chris were thinking we may not bring the kids next year. Well I may bring them a half day like this time. Most of the stuff we would find fun is usually boring for most kids, or too adult, like the DnD game.

35 Re: PAX 2012 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:08 pm

Ross

Admin
For those who couldn't make it to PAX, here is the Penny Arcade/Wil Wheaton D&D Game.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum