Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our Gaming Strategy as a Group - Levels and Series

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Okay, so here we all are. We currently have four series going, WAR! at 10th level, Slave Ship at 13th, Buffyverse at 15th, and Dragon Wars at 18th.

I know that when the Bandits of Minrath ended, a few of those characters went right on to become Dragon Slayers in the Dragon Wars series. I don't see that opportunity for characters in the WAR! series, however I think there are a few players who might opt to let thier current WAR! characters retire with dignity and try a fresh PC with a new build. How many of you feel like this versus how many are just dying to keep playing thier current PC into Paragon?

Am considering what to do for my next series of adventures, what level, what setting, etc. Was considering perhaps running a pre-made module or two that PCs from WAR! could go on or retired PC's from BoM that didn't become Dragon Slayers. This would give me some time to construct a new series. It would be hard for me to break away from the world of Westron. I was thinking something in some area of Westron starting at around 4th or 5th Level and concluding at 15th say. Any comments or thoughts?

Rather than premade modules, I also considered "guest" DM'ing in one of the other series so that players wouldn't have to make new PC's. Brad, Ross, you guys okay with this or do you see any problems with this?

View user profile

Ross

Admin
I would be okay with it as long as you didn't use anything to existing NPCs, or do anything galaxy changing. The cool thing about my campaign is that you can bring them to Westron for one off adventures.

I actually have a new 1st level PC's that I wouldn't mind bumping to 5th. I also think you could DM the PC's in Brad's Dragon campaign. I think you should actually, just to try out higher level adventures. Maybe just do an adventure or two to see how you like it.

Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude
Teramotos wrote:...I also considered "guest" DM'ing in one of the other series so that players wouldn't have to make new PC's. Brad, Ross, you guys okay with this or do you see any problems with this?

Yes, very okay. There's some basic backstory arch I can go over with you first so you don't inadvertently alter future adventure plots I have planned...

Ross wrote:...I also think you could DM the PC's in Brad's Dragon campaign. I think you should actually, just to try out higher level adventures. Maybe just do an adventure or two to see how you like it.

Concur. There's basic background story to finish up in the Dragonwars series (epic wizard Jafar & ally ancient red Dragon Ember occupying Corona Keep, crowning of 2nd King of the new Dragonborn kingdom, etc) to go over, but that'd be fine.

If you'd rather add to the Buffyverse, I never thought we'd have all 12 slots of the Zodiac filled with players... Wow. If we had 6 & 9 players the last couple adventures, what do you think of a co-GM session and we can experiment with how much faster we can have encounters? What if too we have Ross video the session for podcasts? I wonder if we can more than double gameplay time per player with co-GMs... seems possible.

I've actually had ideas along these lines too. If you're interested in one of my campaigns, let me know which one & let's share ideas...

View user profile

Ross

Admin
Stu, I changed my mind. I think I would like you to run a Gamma World Series.

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
Hmmm...I might be good for that "Gamma World"...let me think of a few possible series...
I really loved Gamma World when I was younger...

View user profile
Ross, are you still thinking of Gamma World??

View user profile

Ross

Admin
If your running it.
I'm into my Star Frontier campaign probably for awhile.

do you forsee incorporating any Gamma World ideas into the Star campaign? Feel free to...

View user profile

Ross

Admin
No need, not with these PC's and this setting.
I have an endless supply of stories and plot hooks.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum