Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Northwest Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics

» Savage Rifts Advancement/Rank
Buffyverse - Beach Awakening EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 10:23 am by Krystoff

» Adventure Logs - Shaelrick Adventures - PF2e
Buffyverse - Beach Awakening EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 12:57 am by Teramotos

» Game On! Friday 8 March - Pathfinder 2e Newport Hills 6 PM
Buffyverse - Beach Awakening EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 6:29 am by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Wisdom Warriors of Newport - Beginner Series 4e
Buffyverse - Beach Awakening EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 11:22 am by Teramotos

» Westron Information
Buffyverse - Beach Awakening EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 12:47 pm by Teramotos

» PF2e AoO from movement
Buffyverse - Beach Awakening EmptyTue Feb 20, 2024 5:01 pm by Ross

» PF2e Misc Rules
Buffyverse - Beach Awakening EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 12:17 pm by Ross

» Adventure Logs - Special Agents in a Steam Punk World
Buffyverse - Beach Awakening EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 11:03 pm by Teramotos

» 3D Printed Miniatures Wish List
Buffyverse - Beach Awakening EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 2:56 pm by Ross

March 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 801 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:27 pm

4 posters

Buffyverse - Beach Awakening

Teramotos
    Teramotos

Number of posts : 4841
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Buffyverse - Beach Awakening Empty Buffyverse - Beach Awakening

Post by Teramotos Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Reposted Brad's intro here.

All the Slayers sleep restlessly, with violent dreams of battle during the fall of Kortja, 2,000 years ago when the Vampires first covertly seized control of government, religion, and industry. You all feel as if you were there back then, openly fighting Vampire hoards in the streets, totally surrounded and outnumbered.

Most of the living races falsely assuming their wars have always been about racial or religious differences. They weren't. All the Buffyverse wars for the past 2,000 years had been carefully manipulated by Vampire Elders biting & turning ("siring")key living leaders, bringing them into their covens, creating chaos for the living and food for the undead.

Kortja was the last of those ancient cities who openly defied new (secretly Vampire written) laws punishing by death any use or owning of magic. All magical items were being confiscated by government by law (for the people's own safety, of course). Those who disagreed with the new laws, but couldn't risk the wrath of the law, mostly sent their items to Kortja where they might not be destroyed by the new government. Those willing to defend the right to wield magic travelled to Kortja with battle gear donned.

Treasure hunters know of Kortja's legend, for it was rumored to have had entire homes within the city buried under a pile of 'magic' items during those final days, usually made with the finest precious metals & gems. Few believe it was a real place or story though, and today nobody thinks the items were actually magic anymore.

When all of you wake up, and look/go outside, you each have a powerful feeling that you are very close to the ancient site of Kortja. As you walk/drive W to the coast, the feeling grew stronger as you travelled. When you reach the beach, because of the feeling, you think you travelled half way or at least 1/3 the way to the lost city and all that history (& rumored treasure...) As you look around at sunrise on the mostly empty beach, you notice all the other Slayers woke up & went to that same beach just before sunrise too...

Your Watcher, Giles warned you that as Slayers, you might occasionally receive dreams about actual happenings of heroes of old and other prophetic dreams, so you don't think this was some sort of Vampire compulsion.

A lot of others in Los Diables also sleeped restlessly too, but that was because of the violent Earthquake that you didn't even notice during your fitful dreams.

Any players that like lots of treasure, let me know when people are free to play. It's not going to all be undersea and I want to make & use these cool new city tiles Ross just sent me! :-)

Sonya Morecut (Human Warlord) - SG1
    Whey Baker (Human Fighter) - SG1
    Archemedies - (Githyanki Artificer) - Slave Ship
    Alysa Redfield (Human Archer Warlord) - Dark Nights Rising
    Teramotos
    Teramotos

Buffyverse - Beach Awakening Empty Re: Buffyverse - Beach Awakening

Post by Teramotos Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:41 pm

So, Brad, it doesn't say anywhere in your post above that we're suppose to take action; I assume by your in person remarks on Saturday that we, the players are suppose to react to the above intro, correct?

As such, Kenneday will arise, check to see that the other slayers appear to be okay, then check her gear, then after moving casually to a position of cover, take a very careful look around the immediate area at all buildings, businesses, people, vehicles, and other activity in sight. Trying to spot anything that looks out of the ordinary; I'll take my time doing this.

If nothing appears unusual, I'll starting walking no more than half a block (e.g. remaining in sight of the other slayers) toward the largest concentration of buildings and/or people.

Kenji

Number of posts : 3459
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by Kenji Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:05 pm

I wouldn't say "supposed to" so much as have an opportunity to...

You're (Stu) the only one that actually already knows what the layout looks like since we set it up together, but for everyone else...

The strip of beach that you're all on is at the N end of 'Beach drive' right where the beach bends and you all are in front of (or on) a small fishing dock. Across the street is a city park with a couple picnic benches & trees. You don't see many people yet as it is just before 7am and you can all see the Sun just starting to rise (so you doubt any Vamps are around anymore) but there are a very few commuters, joggers about periodically. None are lurking anywhere, near the small dock you all are on, and you don't notice anything yet that seems suspicious. Depending on how you all are dressed/equipped, some of them might be thinking you guys look suspicious, but I don't know yet.

We'll assume one of the Slayers makes a Streetwise check and remembers there is a SCUBA dive shop on the block just S of the park. Besides the fitful dream, you all thought you were just being spontaneous this morning, until noticing that all the other Slayers were on the same beach dock that morning. In other words, you all have whatever equipment you would normally want to have on you for an early morning walk in the city. (Note: large weapons & bulky armor is still very high profile & odd in a modern city.) Everyone is okay, if not a little confused.

Because the beach is much lower than the street, much past the middle of the park and you lose LOS to the dock.

You all feel like you are close to the lost ancient city of Kortaja, just a little farther W. Does anyone go in the water?
    Teramotos
    Teramotos

Post by Teramotos Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:58 am

"...suppose to" Well just trying to do as much as possible so that we can get right into any potential battle during the live session. Is there a boat or boats at the little dock? If not, is there a boat nearby that we can yell to the operator(s)? If not, how deep does the water appear to be and how violent is the surf?

Assuming there isn't a boat, and I probably didn't dress in my bikini, I'd like not want to get my gear wet and my hair messed up so I'll walk as far South near the edge of the street toward the Scuba shop as I can while keeping the other slayers in view. I'm trying to determine if the shop is even open this early.

Mick
    Mick

Number of posts : 1671
    Registration date : 2008-12-03

Post by Mick Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Are in a rush to jump into the water?
    Do we want to wait a day or two so Ember can create some water breathing potions?

Can't remember the stats but
    8th level potion
    cost ?
    duration 1 hr
    I believe it keeps all your equipment dry while you are breathing under water.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:06 pm

No boats on the dock or close to it. You are not sure, but think the water is particularly light on ships visible at sea, vs normally*. This end of the beach, unlike the Venice beach end, doesn't have much sandy beach & gets deep quickly, so not as many sunbathers, but people come here to fish or use the dock as a launch point for skin/SCUBA diving fairly often. (surf is fine, even at high tide like now)

Barely in sight of both the other Slayers & the dive shop, Kenneday doesn't think it's open yet, but (oddly enough) does see activity through the windows. Hard to make out from where you are, but you know there's more than the guy in a tie-die tshirt & jeans & the 2 guys with shades & business suits that you saw in there.

Any other PC activities or pre-adventure questions before this Fri?

*Streetwise check 11+11 (which is at least 23, actually, since PP&T has you at 11th.)
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:15 pm

Mick wrote:Are in a rush to jump into the water?

Up to you guys how you want to interpret your first 'Slayer vision'. You don't think it was an accident that this fitful dream came to you this morning as opposed to any other. If it makes a difference, I know how I'm adjusting things...

Mick wrote:
    Do we want to wait a day or two so Ember can create some water breathing potions?

Can't remember the stats but
    8th level potion
    cost ?
    duration 1 hr
    I believe it keeps all your equipment dry while you are breathing under water.

The text says the spell prevents books etc from water damage, but I'd say you'd still be/look wet, just won't harm your equipment.
    Teramotos
    Teramotos

Post by Teramotos Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:22 pm

Kennedy says "Well, I don't think we can wait a few days for the potions but Scuba gear is just as good and I see people in the shop. Maybe the shop will be open soon or maybe they'll open up for us if we tell them we're interested in renting equipment."

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Number of posts : 3864
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Character sheet
    Campaign: 4e-Against the Giants
    Character Name: Kazoo Noisemaker
    Player Name: Ross

Post by Ross Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:47 pm

I carry my Falchion around in a Poster/Art Carrying Case, like the one in the link:

http://www.portfolios-and-art-cases.com/xp-tc6537.html

I customize it so it's easy to to open to access the weapon.

Silk - Human/Hexblade [4e-Dark Nights Rising Campaign]
    Kazoo - Halfling(Kender)/Hybrid(Rogue/Druid) [4e-Against the Giants]
    Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
    Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
    Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Shandral Aurlong - Human/Sorcerer [5e-Horde of the Dragon Queen Campaign]
    Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
    Battlefield Soldier: Saturnicus
    Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
    Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
    XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
    Teramotos
    Teramotos

Post by Teramotos Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:34 pm

If there's a parked car, a mail box, a tree, or any other nearby cover, casually move to it and keep the shop under observation. Trying to see if other customers go in. Not staring; if I can, and there's a bus stop, I'll pretend I'm waiting for the bus! In addition to keeping the shop under observation while attempting to blend in/ stay hidden as much as practical, occasionally make (active) perception checks on passersby to determine if any of them are looking or acting out of the ordinary. Okay, I'll post my update.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:27 am