Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Northwest Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics

» Adventure Logs - The Eastern Knights
WAR! - DM Comments - The Turncoat Within Mission EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 3:51 pm by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - RIFTS
WAR! - DM Comments - The Turncoat Within Mission EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 5:04 pm by Teramotos

» Savage Rifts Advancement/Rank
WAR! - DM Comments - The Turncoat Within Mission EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:52 pm by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Shaelrick Adventures - PF2e
WAR! - DM Comments - The Turncoat Within Mission EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 12:57 am by Teramotos

» Game On! Friday 8 March - Pathfinder 2e Newport Hills 6 PM
WAR! - DM Comments - The Turncoat Within Mission EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 6:29 am by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Wisdom Warriors of Newport - Beginner Series 4e
WAR! - DM Comments - The Turncoat Within Mission EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 11:22 am by Teramotos

» Westron Information
WAR! - DM Comments - The Turncoat Within Mission EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 12:47 pm by Teramotos

» PF2e AoO from movement
WAR! - DM Comments - The Turncoat Within Mission EmptyTue Feb 20, 2024 5:01 pm by Ross

» PF2e Misc Rules
WAR! - DM Comments - The Turncoat Within Mission EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 12:17 pm by Ross

March 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 25 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 801 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:27 pm

WAR! - DM Comments - The Turncoat Within Mission

Teramotos
    Teramotos

Number of posts : 4844
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

WAR! - DM Comments - The Turncoat Within Mission Empty WAR! - DM Comments - The Turncoat Within Mission

Post by Teramotos Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:29 pm

I think the new table brings a lot of potential to the game as the other night showed. Starting off, the water insertion was best for this team. I can just see you guys trying to bluff/ talk your way past the land gate and having to fight the gate guards and the backup soldiers that are on standby (an EL 7 encounter that could turn into an EL 11 if the party has to fight the gate guards and soldiers on standby at the same time).

Although the HW store battle didn't make use of the new table's size, I liked this battle. It was EL 11 but was tougher as the party really missed having Kevin and Jeff's Defenders. Everyone was a (easy to hit) Controller or a mobile Striker or a lightly armored Leader (Cedarick). In such tight quarters, everyone had to fight and the team couldn't focus fire power, that's why not one monster went down for many, many, rounds. Alton was effective here due to the tight quarters and multiple enemies. Hayden was neutralized as there really wasn't anywhere to hide so he got beat up pretty bad. I was also rolling hot this encounter.

Good thing the party didn't let the scout get away, as that would have been another immediate EL 7 encounter (although I would have let everyone use 1 surge and gain 1 encounter power back). The next battle was similar to the first, lots of enemies in tight quarters with everyone having to fight. The street gang was an EL 10 matchup and again, it was difficult to concentrate fire to down one enemy at a time. Alton was effective in holding down the far end of the battlefield and the addition of Hunter here was significant as he proved effective, downing half the monsters, including the 200 hit point leader. This battle went pretty fast as the gang members were a lot easier to hit than the Pelor soldiers. Again, good to move off quickly before an EL 7 patrol comes by.

I liked the battle in the park, made good use of the dry erase feature of the table and much of the play area. I think Brad's dragon adventures will really gain a benefit from the enlarged play area. The dragon was EL 11, but I think he hit the wrong party. By this time, Alton's defenses are higher so he can serve as the defender and ALL the rest of the party has effective ranged attacks, just the thing that the dragon doesn't want to see in a party! I was also rolling really cold. Even though the dragon had the highest "to hit" of all the monsters at +16 or more, I couldn't hit a thing, unlike the first battle where I think my first 10 rolls were all over 14 on the d20. So, not surprisingly, the dragon only lasted a few rounds before diving into the lake.

I never imagined an EL10 trap would scare the party so much. Also, fyi, the Warforged were EL10 and there were quite a few different groups, not just the same group going back and forth. I think the party was getting a little low on surges by this time and could have handled a big battle, but probably just as well to solve the mission by not having to fight. I do like the straight up fighting adventures rather than the "stealth" missions, but I did have fun and look forward to the next adventure.

What did you all think? Comments, questions, feedback, smart remarks? Oh, did anyone guess in advance that Commander Turco was the "Turncoat" all along?

Sonya Morecut (Human Warlord) - SG1
    Whey Baker (Human Fighter) - SG1
    Archemedies - (Githyanki Artificer) - Slave Ship
    Alysa Redfield (Human Archer Warlord) - Dark Nights Rising

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 pm