Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Northwest Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics

» Pathfinder 2e Wanderer's Guide Upgrade
WAR! - DM Comments - The Fight's On...Mission EmptyYesterday at 12:21 pm by Ross

» Fallout on Amazon Prime Video
WAR! - DM Comments - The Fight's On...Mission EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am by Ross

» Adventure Logs - Wisdom Warriors of Newport - Beginner Series 4e
WAR! - DM Comments - The Fight's On...Mission EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 12:11 am by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Shaelrick Adventures - PF2e
WAR! - DM Comments - The Fight's On...Mission EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 7:34 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! Saturday April 6th Pathfinder 2e Continued
WAR! - DM Comments - The Fight's On...Mission EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:26 am by Krystoff

» Adventure Logs - The Eastern Knights
WAR! - DM Comments - The Fight's On...Mission EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 9:39 pm by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - RIFTS
WAR! - DM Comments - The Fight's On...Mission EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 5:04 pm by Teramotos

» Savage Rifts Advancement/Rank
WAR! - DM Comments - The Fight's On...Mission EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:52 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! Friday 8 March - Pathfinder 2e Newport Hills 6 PM
WAR! - DM Comments - The Fight's On...Mission EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 6:29 am by Teramotos

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 801 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:27 pm

3 posters

WAR! - DM Comments - The Fight's On...Mission

Teramotos
    Teramotos

Number of posts : 4849
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

WAR! - DM Comments - The Fight's On...Mission Empty WAR! - DM Comments - The Fight's On...Mission

Post by Teramotos Mon May 30, 2011 4:12 pm

Okay, about six encounters in about seven hours with four major battles. I had a great time and hope you all did too. The battle with the Holy Soldiers of Pelor was a little warm up EL 9 encounter. Was a little surprised that Cedarick didn't get a little more help sooner than he did. Drained a lot of healing surges here.

I wasn't sure how the Bounter Hunter encounter was going to play out. Being large size restricts movement a lot more than I remember, I'll have to keep that in mind. Hayden was able to evade better than I expected, especially against the two Avengers but despite that he still ended up at zero hits at one point. This was an EL 8 but I think it played easier than that.

The Basilisks were only an EL7 and they went down fairly quick. The party concentrated fire power here well. The stone turner wasn't nearly as tough as I thought it would be...still better save the Stone to Flesh book.

Hayden makes me laugh. Pretty gutsy (or stupid) to go after the barge all alone. If something had gone really wrong, this would have been a good chance to get killed. Anyway, he did manage to pull in some loot. Yeah, the party wanted to avoid fighting the infantry squad and the barge crew together, that was an EL13 or 14 (too tough).

I think the party played the whole lair encounter well. SF Black gained a lot of good intel. Attacking the Bane/HoS group would have been tight. You can be sure it was EL10 or higher..better to attack the three stay behind reptilemen elites that are only on EL6.

Although the group could have easily evaded the final encounter, EL9, you elected to fight. Not a bad decision as the party had enough resources left. Might have been a different decision if this encounter had taken place early in the adventure and the party could have been trying to save resources to complete the encounters that were more vital to the completion of the mission. I'm not sure if I liked this encounter more, from a DM standpoint, or the fight in the ruined temple, one of these two were IMHO the best battles of the night.

A little surprised that Alton hardly got touched, he was battling a lot. Not surprised that Hunter barely got scratched as he is suppose to stay out of range. With Hayden hiding, Hunter stalking, Alton on point, and Kebru in the infirmary, that pretty much left Cedarick (the leader and healer) in the middle of the group for the monsters to swarm around with only Walster to run direct interference. Somthing about the team dynamics was quite different than previously, but I haven't quite figured it out. Cedarick and Hayden were basically out of surges, Alton and Hunter were basically untouched. Walster and James were somewhere in between. Maybe some team members might want to deliberately take some damage to prevent the healer from getting too low on surges; just a thought.

Comments, feedback, smart remarks?

Sonya Morecut (Human Warlord) - SG1
    Whey Baker (Human Fighter) - SG1
    Archemedies - (Githyanki Artificer) - Slave Ship
    Alysa Redfield (Human Archer Warlord) - Dark Nights Rising
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Number of posts : 5285
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

WAR! - DM Comments - The Fight's On...Mission Empty Re: WAR! - DM Comments - The Fight's On...Mission

Post by Dwarmaj Mon May 30, 2011 9:21 pm

Teramotos wrote:A little surprised that Alton hardly got touched, he was battling a lot.

I think this was due to him staying close to the warden. Pairing a defender and melee striker together allowed us to take down opponants pretty quickly. Both of us have high AC, but enemies marked will usually go after the defender or suffer a minus to hit and an attack from the defender. The only time I got hit was from the archers that got two arrows per attack. The archer's burst attacks would probably have hit, but they always had better targets that were bunched up...

Cedarick got hit up during the "angel" battle because he has low defenses and the enemies just teleported in adjacent to each PC. The warlock and ranger scattered leaving the leader to handle three. Each drained surges on a hit and he doesn't have many to start with...

Hayden got hit up in the "bounty hunter" battle because most of the enemies were after him and would go after him in preference to other targets. He did pretty good considering the attention he was getting.
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Number of posts : 3867
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Character sheet
    Campaign: 4e-Against the Giants
    Character Name: Kazoo Noisemaker
    Player Name: Ross

WAR! - DM Comments - The Fight's On...Mission Empty Re: WAR! - DM Comments - The Fight's On...Mission

Post by Ross Mon May 30, 2011 10:11 pm

Actual I played the angel encounter wrong. I could have gotten out of it without even being bloodied, but hadn't played him in awhile so forgot what to do. Remembered it after I went down of course.

Silk - Human/Hexblade [4e-Dark Nights Rising Campaign]
    Kazoo - Halfling(Kender)/Hybrid(Rogue/Druid) [4e-Against the Giants]
    Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
    Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
    Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Shandral Aurlong - Human/Sorcerer [5e-Horde of the Dragon Queen Campaign]
    Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
    Battlefield Soldier: Saturnicus
    Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
    Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
    XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:14 am