Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Diablo 3

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

176 Re: Diablo 3 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:16 am

Created my first Infernal Machine

The keys weren't too bad to get, but the blacksmith plan took quite a few deaths to get at MP2. It only took four attempts, but the elites in Act 4 were tough. Good thing you only have to get the plan once.

View user profile

177 Re: Diablo 3 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:45 am

Does that say you have over $10M in gold?? I barely have a few hundred K, and that's after I've been farming...

View user profile

178 Re: Diablo 3 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:25 pm

bradly wrote:Does that say you have over $10M in gold?? I barely have a few hundred K, and that's after I've been farming...

Yea. Cool
Still can't afford the equipment I want to buy...

I just finished making a list of the stuff I want to get and the lowest item is ~12M. I figure it may be better at this point just to save up and buy each BiS (best in slot) item one at a time.

It does give me a reason to continue playing... Smile

View user profile

179 Re: Diablo 3 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Just remember one thing... Hand me downs!! :-)

View user profile

180 Re: Diablo 3 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:33 am

Ross

Admin
Did you go take on the 2 bosses yet?

Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

181 Re: Diablo 3 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:06 am

Ross wrote:Did you go take on the 2 bosses yet?

Not yet. I was planning on just farming keys and building Infernal Machines for a while on MP2. When I have enough IM's stored up (shooting for 8-12) I'll try to get a group together for the bosses and tackle them on a higher MP setting for a better chance to get their organs.

So far I have two IMs and working on key #2 for the third. With a drop rate of 25% on MP2, it usually takes 3-4 runs to get a key. Each run takes about 45min.

I tried MP3, it was doable, but took longer, didn't get a key, and I died more. Until I can upgrade, sticking with MP2 while solo.

View user profile

182 Re: Diablo 3 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:25 pm

In the poor house for a bit... (less than 2M in the bank Smile)

Spent 30M on gear in the last week.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dwarmaj-1261/hero/13399540

Can do MP4 with little problem. MP5 is a bit slow with a few deaths. Tried MP5 in a party and the added monster HP makes it a lot toughter.

View user profile

183 Re: Diablo 3 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:33 pm

Here's a thead with a pretty good analysis on farming
D3 Farming Analysis

Basically...
Item/Gold Farming: MP1 on Act One/Two (to raise the mlvls to 63 and improve item levels dropped), and MP0 on Act Three/Four.

Key Farming: The highest MP you can survive without huge delays from death and failure, and it’s very much worth doing this in parties so you can survive on higher MP levels.

Currently key farming on MP4, but may go back to item/gold farming for a while since I'm in need of gold again...

View user profile

184 Re: Diablo 3 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:31 am

Here's a link to some of the most popular items used:
Popular D3 Items

Went back to MP0 Act 3 gold/item farming. Usually find one legendary per hour. Found a few nice ones that sold ~1-2M, but nothing outstanding in a while...

View user profile

185 Re: Diablo 3 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:25 pm

Found an online DPS(Damage per second)/EHP (Effective Hit Points) calculator that works well.

DPS/EHP

It'll even let you upload data from your battle.net profile.

Currently I'm at DPS(123,671 unbuffed, 159,185 buffed) EHP(117,376)

View user profile

186 Re: Diablo 3 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:16 pm

The DPS calculator also has a cool feature that tells you what to improve on next.

1. click on the "detailed DPS & EHP" link at the top
2. reload your character if needed
3. scroll down to the lower right and expand "DPS gain" and/or "EHP gain".

It'll tell you how much you'll gain for a +1 increase in an ability or item property (assuming everything else remains the same...).

View user profile

187 Re: Diablo 3 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:45 am

Dwarmaj wrote:Currently I'm at DPS(123,671 unbuffed, 159,185 buffed) EHP(117,376)

Holy crap! I'm not even there without the 1 before your numbers! Shocked Sad

View user profile

188 Re: Diablo 3 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:51 pm

bradly wrote:
Holy crap! I'm not even there without the 1 before your numbers! Shocked Sad

Took a couple million and went shopping for you...

I'll try to get it to you if I see you online.

These should at least double your DPS.

View user profile

189 Re: Diablo 3 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:50 am

Oh, the duplicate bracers was supposed to be the ring below. That way you'll get the 4 piece set bonus.

Merry Christmas
santa

View user profile

190 Re: Diablo 3 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:24 pm

Hit the Diablo lotto last night...

I put the buyout at 45M, guess I should have put it higher or not had a buyout... Sold it in about 3 hours. Cool

Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with the gold...

View user profile

191 Re: Diablo 3 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:48 pm

Wow, thanks for the awesome items! Maybe I can go back to monster level 2 again... :-)

Congrats on the lotto hit! $45M is quite the sale...

View user profile

192 Re: Diablo 3 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:12 pm

You'll actually level faster on MP0 (or the higher MP you can do and still kill elites fast).

It can get boring after a while which is why I switch up item/exp farming with key farming and public games.

View user profile

193 Re: Diablo 3 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 am

Just started doing "Alkaizer" farming runs. Very quick (takes about 20min) and efficient farming routes (make about 30M exp per run).

Alkaizer Run

For exp farming I run on MP2 and generally stick to the specified areas:
Core of Arreat
Tower of the Damned Lvl 1
Arreat Creater Lvl 2
Fields of Slaughter
Keep Depths Lvl 2

I only pick up rare (yellow) or legendary/set items, this reduces time spent making vendor runs.

I like the runs with my wizard built for Archon. These areas are densely populated and can stay in Archon form for almost the whole time, which greatly increase kill speed.

For item farming I do Act 3 MP4, pretty much a full clear from the Keep Level 1 onward, then back to the Storefront to get a key. This takes about 45-60min, but I usually get 2-3 legendaries.

Was up to 25 Infernal Machines. Friended a guy on a public forum who helps people with the bosses. He has a level 100 paragon barbarian and can kill the bosses pretty easily. I've made two Hellfire rings so far. One "ok" and one slightly better. Will need to make a few more in hopes of getting a "great" one.

If someone else would like a Hellfire ring, let me know. Since I have the Infernal Machines I don't think it'll cost you anything to get the parts. Let me know...

View user profile

194 Re: Diablo 3 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:18 am

I like doing act3 sin runs.
I do then in MP0 to avoid dying.
I'll die 2 or 3 time in MP1.
No way in MP2
What the key to surviving at higher MP?

I get about 1 Lengendary an hour but they are never very good. sell for 200 to 300K.

View user profile

195 Re: Diablo 3 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:01 am

Mick wrote:What the key to surviving at higher MP?

For me... higher DPS, then Life Steal...

While in Archon form, usually only things that kill me on MP2+ are elites with Reflect Damage. I have to target only one enemy at a time and if they have other powers like fire chains & vortex or moltant & freeze then that can lead to trouble.

Most of the time I can kill things before they get close.

When not in Archon form I rely on Spectral Blades with the Healing Blade rune which increases my life steal so that I can stay alive until Archon recharges. Arcane Hydra helps increase DPS.

Having a weapon with 3% Life Steal helps a lot.

3% LF and a socket was pricey (~40M for wand and gem), but worth the price.

The difference between Act 3 MP0 and higher isn't that much and many people stay on MP0 and use more magic find or +exp gear.

View user profile

196 Re: Diablo 3 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:52 am

Hard to get my DPS up past 90K buffed on my wiz.
Can't find an wand improvement within my wealth limit.

I have a 2.8% LS on my weapon. Seem to only work on single shot spells.
Don't see any life returning with area spells like Bizzard.

I save Archon when I run into tough elites but man it's takes a long time to get it back.
Sometimes I'll run into another set of elites before it resets.

What is 3% LF?

I thought I saw something in the upcoming patch magic find will be going up per MP.

View user profile

197 Re: Diablo 3 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:56 pm

3% LF should be LifeSteal...

Yea, I don't think it works on area spells like blizzard.

It does take a while to get back unless you hunt in heavily populated areas where it almost never goes away. Having +24% movement helps too so that you can move from pack to pack quickly. Which is another reason to not pick up potions, blue items, or other things that will take time.

Using Critical Mass, and having a crit chance around 30+, and using Energy Twister/WW can greatly reduce the cooldown.

MF does go up around +25 per MP level, maybe they'll increase that a bit more.

Looking at your wizard I have the following comments...

1. I'm not sure Critical Mass will help you all that much. You need a crit chance ~+30 and use a power that "procs". The following thread goes into a bit more detail about crits work:
http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?836968-Critical-Mass-Melee-Wizard

2. You may want to use Magic Weapon with Force Weapon or Blood Magic to increase your DPS.

3. If you're going to use Blizzard you should probably also use Cold Blooded passive which gives +10% damage to any enemy frozen/chilled (even though the power says using a cold power, it works with any power as long as the enemy is chilled).

4. You may want to switch out the hydra. Arcane does more damage and can be used to slow enemies if you use the Arcane Flux passive. Venom Hydra does the most damage if the targets remain stationary. Works well with a melee wizard.

5. A "black" weapon (non elemental) will do more damage in the long run if you have items that give +x to lightning/cold/fire/... damage. The +x damage is based on the non-elemental damage of the weapon.

When using a "black" weapon the Triumbirate is the best source since it will add three different damage types to your weapon. Another instance were Blizzard misnamed things... Instead of adding +x to a specific type of power it adds damage to any power.

How elemental damage works

I currently have +30% elemental damage on top of my weapon damage.

I just sold my backup black weapon for 3M (1055 DPS, 2.8 LS, crit damage 56% no socket). There should be something similar around the 2.5-3.5M range. If I find something I'll let you know. The socket ups the price a lot. Crit damage and a socket skyrockets the price.

View user profile

198 Re: Diablo 3 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:32 pm

I'll change out Crit Mass. I was testing it out the last couple of days.

Good point on more movement with Archon.

My current weapon is doing Holy damage. Is that considered elemental?
I'll have to look around for a black wand then.

View user profile

199 Re: Diablo 3 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:42 am

Thanks Ken for the new wand and source. With buffs it's a +20k dps Very Happy

View user profile

200 Re: Diablo 3 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:49 am

Mick wrote:Thanks Ken for the new wand and source. With buffs it's a +20k dps Very Happy

No problem.

I was suprised how little I paid for them. Your wand/source costed about 5M, mine aren't that much different and costed about 30M. Guess I need to shop a round a bit more before I place bids on things. Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum