Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

the Sculpter

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 21]

1 the Sculpter on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:53 am

Trevor wrote:I'm ready. After delivery sounds good to me.

Cool.

The Slayers case the Sculpter's place in a neighborhood that looks very similar to where you just patrolled. (i.e. reusing same map...)

You can tell activity is going on inside all night, but no one goes in/out. About 5:30am, around an hour before sunrise, 2 cars pull up (tinted windows), and 4 very trendily dressed people wearing the symbol of the Mui coven come out of each car & go inside.

Right on schedule, at 9:00am, a minivan with an economy car following, pulls up and the 2 in the mini-van unload 2 crates and delivers them to a very large, fat, jovial man. After he signs for the delivery, he has 2 very hot dishevelled young girls barely covered in skimpy short robes (with the Aralius clan symbol embroidered on it) come to the door & carry the crates inside. The little girls seem to have an easier time lifting them than either burly men that delivered them.

The minivan pulls away and the people in the economy car drives off too, never getting out of their car...

Note: This place, like many now that you think about it, has very large overhangs from the roof shading the doorway from direct sunlight...

Slayer's actions, we'll roll initiative once it matters...

View user profile

2 Re: the Sculpter on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:03 am

Oh, everyone is extended rested now too...

View user profile

3 Re: the Sculpter on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:48 am

I think we need to get something large to block their garage entrance/exit. Then maybe a frontal assult.

Anyone have a better plan?



How many entrance/exits does the building have?

View user profile

4 Re: the Sculpter on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:How many entrance/exits does the building have?

1 door on the W, 1 door on the N ('cross' part of 't'), 1 window on the S ('cross' part of 't'), 1 window on N & S ('bar' part of 't'), trapdoor entrance on roof. No doors or windows on the E wall at all.

Garage entrance I have to draw in, but we'll put on the N near that doorway.

View user profile

5 Re: the Sculpter on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:55 am

Ashe will look for the utility poles outside the house. Before we head on he will head over and cut the phone lines heading in the house. They probably have cell phones but there is a good chance that they don't get the right police department when they call 911.

Not sure what we can get to block the driveway. Are there other cars up and down the street? Maybe we can hot wire a few and block the driveway with them.

Note to the slayers, we need to invest in some high tech stuff for this type of mission. Cell phone jammers/tappers, listening devices, homing beacons, etc. You can get any of those for cheap at the local "spy" store.




View user profile

6 Re: the Sculpter on Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:11 am

Krystoff wrote:Ashe will look for the utility poles outside the house. Before we head on he will head over and cut the phone lines heading in the house. They probably have cell phones but there is a good chance that they don't get the right police department when they call 911.

Not sure what we can get to block the driveway. Are there other cars up and down the street? Maybe we can hot wire a few and block the driveway with them.

Note to the slayers, we need to invest in some high tech stuff for this type of mission. Cell phone jammers/tappers, listening devices, homing beacons, etc. You can get any of those for cheap at the local "spy" store.

I was thinking we could push a dumpster into the driveway and put a car on the other side of it. Every apartment/condo should have a fairly large dumpster with wheels.

We should also disable any cars (other than ours) by slashing their tires. That way if they escape it'll have to be on foot.

View user profile

7 Re: the Sculpter on Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:26 am

Dwarmaj wrote:...That way if they escape it'll have to be on foot.

It's mid morning now, so probably won't be on foot. (If they had a very think blanket, or full body suit w/helmet, it's possible...

View user profile

8 Re: the Sculpter on Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:35 am

Oh, for some reason I thought it was still early morning.

We still want to make sure they can't escape by car (at least not by one in this area).

We might as well hit them now.

Do we all want to go through the front or split up into a team of 2 and a team of 3?

View user profile

9 Re: the Sculpter on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:42 am

I believe we'll be ready as soon as Ashe cuts the phone line and Angelus can block the garage driveway.

Then we'll move to the doors.

Unless someone has an objection...
Ashe, Blade, and Aura take the West door.
Angelus, Telgarth, and Ember take the North door.

We'll quickly check for traps and break the door down and move in if none found.

View user profile

10 Re: the Sculpter on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:33 am

Ross

avatar
Admin
I will attempt to hide whenever possible.


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

11 Re: the Sculpter on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:01 pm

Aura will try to move stealthily to the nearest window and put her ear to it to see if she can figure out what all is going on inside, and in what part of the house.

View user profile

12 Re: the Sculpter on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Ember is ready.
Staff in each hand.
If Ember's intiative is before Angelus and Telgarth, she will delay until after both of them.

View user profile

13 Re: the Sculpter on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:17 pm

We'll attempt to go stealthily first.
Quietly approach the door.
Check for traps.
Unlock the door.
Open the door.

If we detect that we've been spotted, then we'll rush the door and break it down.
Angelus will take the lead at the north door.

View user profile

14 Re: the Sculpter on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:53 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:I believe we'll be ready as soon as Ashe cuts the phone line and Angelus can block the garage driveway.

Dwarmaj wrote:Angelus will take the lead at the north door.

Wait a minute, are we cutting the phone lines and blocking the driveway, THEN trying to stealthily approach? (If Angelus is leading) Or will Ashe & Angelus be doing phone, garage simultaneously while the others stealth forward? ...Might make a difference in what happens.

View user profile

15 Re: the Sculpter on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Cutting the phone line is less obvious and should be done first.

Is there a dumpster we can block the garage drive way with? If so I'll wait for Telgarth and Ember to get in place then block the driveway (as queietly as I can...) then move to the door.

View user profile

16 Re: the Sculpter on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:36 pm

Moving a dumpster into place may make enough noise to alert the vamps into.
It may be quieter to just drive in and park a car in the driveway/blocking the garage door.

Also, we should cut the car's fuel line so when they try to push the car with their car, their car won't be able to get traction on the gas. Also while they are spinning their wheels I can launch a Flaming Burst on them igniting the gas.

View user profile

17 Re: the Sculpter on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:48 pm

That'll work if we can find a car large enough that they can't just push it out the way with their car.

It's also daylight now so I'm pretty sure anything we do is going to alert them...

I guess it all depends on what our goal is.

Do we care if they escape? Or do we only care about destroying the statue?

What is stopping them from just creating another? How often can this ritual of theirs be performed? I was under the impression the last one was a once in a millenium type of thing.

View user profile

18 Re: the Sculpter on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Scan area for cameras, Telgarth will attempt another disguise.

Telgarth will make 4 molotov cocktails. These will allow us to block entrances or at least hinder movement. Might want to consider driving a vehicle into access and the lighting it with a Molotov cocktail or at least dowse the vehicle with flammables so that we could light it up if we needed to.

View user profile

19 Re: the Sculpter on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:49 pm

Blade searches some nearby streets and finds a large, crappy old car and 9+13=22 thievery, successfully hotwires it...

Telgarth buys cocktail supplies and prepares a few...

Telgarth looks for security cameras and (taking 20)=29 perception, sees none...

Then,

While Ember is waiting for the stealthy people is in the car a little ways away (since no one said who's driving & she wanted to delay)...

Angelus & Telgarth stealthily move to the W door and 6+14=20 and 1+13=14. You both cringe at how clumsily you approach, but don't detect any signs of being spotted.

Blade and Aura, on the other hand, 17+14=31 stealth, 15+14=29 stealth, feels pretty comfortable they didn't make much noise/shadows.

Ashe magically and effortlessly scales the telephone pole and cuts the phone line. As it's cut, it swings free and falls to the ground & side of the house near Aura (this made some noise)

Approaching closely everyone but Ashe & Ember see the windows have "protected by Homesafe*" stickers on them which Blade recognizes as new since last time he broke in. The doors are not windowed, and all the windows of course have heavy curtains.

Notes: Green square Ashe is in is the phone pole Ashe is up on. Sky Blue line is garage door enterance right by N door. Orange square Ember is in is the hotwired car.

Ember is delaying and can go anytime, otherwise Telgarth's actions, then Ashe, then...

View user profile

20 Re: the Sculpter on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:20 am

edit: I misunderstood Ashe's actions...

2nd round of actions for Slayers (no initiative order yet)...

View user profile

21 Re: the Sculpter on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:21 am

Either Aura should drive the car into position in the driveway of Ember should switch squad with Aura.
The driver should be part of the north door squad.
If Ember drives, she would be out of position to enter the west door.

View user profile

22 Re: the Sculpter on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:28 am

I'm not sure where Brad's "north" is...

He currently has Aura and Blade to the north and Telgarth and Angelus to the west. Ashe and Ember are also to the north of the building with Ember quite a ways a way to the NE.

View user profile

23 Re: the Sculpter on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:38 am

Brad has Ember sitting in the car wait to drive it in.

View user profile

24 Re: the Sculpter on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:51 am

Okay, I have the W & N teams switched, my bad, but Ashe needs to be at the telephone box (not pole) and 'someone' is driving the car, so the 2 teams are actually 2 teams +1 +1, so a little confusing. It's still free actions, so tell me where everyone ought to be placed (including Ashe & a driver) and what you want to do for 2nd round actions... still no initiatives.

View user profile

25 Re: the Sculpter on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:20 am

bradly wrote:Okay, I have the W & N teams switched, my bad, but Ashe needs to be at the telephone box (not pole) and 'someone' is driving the car, so the 2 teams are actually 2 teams +1 +1, so a little confusing. It's still free actions, so tell me where everyone ought to be placed (including Ashe & a driver) and what you want to do for 2nd round actions... still no initiatives.

Hmm, we're not moving in until everyone is in postion and the phone line has been cut.

Angelus and Telgarth will wait for Ember to block the driveway with the car and get into position.

Blade and Aura will move into postion then wait for Ashe to cut the phone line and get into position.

Once everyone is in position we'll try to detect traps and pick the locks. Blade should try for his group and Angelus will try for his.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 21]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum