Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

Ross

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Slayers reunited... where next?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Slayers reunited... where next? on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:48 am

No Strenuous Activity: You normally sleep during an extended rest, though you don’t have to. You can engage in light activity that doesn’t require much exertion.

Is driving stenuous? City driving can be, but when you're on the open road you can just set cruise control...

If I'm rested by 11pm that's fine. Just wanted to know if you can rest and drive.

View user profile

27 Re: Slayers reunited... where next? on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:15 pm

Ross

Admin
It's a fine line between driving a car vs sitting in a laz-e-boy.

Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

28 Re: Slayers reunited... where next? on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:24 pm

Ross wrote:It's a fine line between driving a car vs sitting in a laz-e-boy.

True, which is why I brought it up. Truck drivers do have to stop from time to time.

But as strenuous activities go, I wouldn't put it high on the list.

It does say you can engage in "light" activities.

The rules are a bit vague as to what light/strenuous activites are.

View user profile

29 Re: Slayers reunited... where next? on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:26 pm

Thanks for posting the extended rest rules (though I believed you...)

Ross wrote:It's a fine line between driving a car vs sitting in a laz-e-boy.

True, but one requires some attention, the other has no reprocussions for inattention. I'd say anything that can cause 'road rage' isn't quite resting...

Awaiting party actions...

View user profile

30 Re: Slayers reunited... where next? on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:31 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:It does say you can engage in "light" activities.

Sure, but I'd take that to imply that an occasional light activity wouldn't add time to the 6 hours. Say, 5 min round trip to pick up fast food or something while basically relaxing for the evening. Spending the entire 6 hours driving isn't the same thing, imo.

View user profile

31 Re: Slayers reunited... where next? on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:23 am

bradly wrote:
Trevor wrote:So are we attacking when the crystal arrives or waiting a little bit until the smugglers take off and then going in?

The boys met Aura early evening, we'll say 7:30pm, by the time you reunite & share info then head out, we'll say you get to the Sculpter's house around 9:00pm.

Blade brings you all there no problem. You are in a pretty nice neighborhood (whose map only appears to be same as last one... Wink ) and brings you all to a townhouse home with 2 very tall stories and an underground parking garage. (Blade recalls most of the Vamps he's hit had underground parking...)

We'll say Giles checked for you and dawn is at 7:18am this morning, and Telgarth's employers are supposed to be there around 9:00am to deliver the smuggled raw crystal.

You can tell there is activity in the house, but like most Vampire homes, this one also has heavy curtains so you can't really see in.

Let me know what other scouting questions/actions you want, and when you make your move...

It sounds like we're going to wait for the crystal to arrive and attack after the smugglers leave.

Anyone think there is a benefit to attacking them early?

View user profile

32 Re: Slayers reunited... where next? on Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:31 am

Dwarmaj wrote:It sounds like we're going to wait for the crystal to arrive and attack after the smugglers leave.

Anyone think there is a benefit to attacking them early?

Hey! You're giving me mixed messages here... The first part sounds like we're ready for me to post the intro for the 'after delivery' scenario, the latter makes me think we want to wait longer and discuss more.

View user profile

33 Re: Slayers reunited... where next? on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:02 pm

bradly wrote:
Hey! You're giving me mixed messages here... The first part sounds like we're ready for me to post the intro for the 'after delivery' scenario, the latter makes me think we want to wait longer and discuss more.

I think we're ready... Just haven't heard from anyone else and wanted to make sure.

View user profile

34 Re: Slayers reunited... where next? on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:10 pm

I'm ready. After delivery sounds good to me.

View user profile

35 Re: Slayers reunited... where next? on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:58 am

Trevor wrote:I'm ready. After delivery sounds good to me.

Oh yeah! This was another PC choice we had that could have made a difference on the length of the encounters. 1. attack right away: fight clan Aralius, then later clan Mui, then later either bluff or fight smuggler allies of Telgarth. (easy choice) 2. attack during the delivery: add a full encounter to the difficulty (3 encounters in 1, overwhelming choice), 3. after delivery as played out (difficult choice).

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum