Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics
» 4.0 Meeting Fri Dec 15th - GAME On!
Yesterday at 8:27 am by Teramotos

» Axis and Allies - Optional Unit Rules
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:15 am by Teramotos

» Rainbow Warriors Planet Ember - Magic Item Count - Adventure Notes
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:08 pm by Teramotos

» Prophecy of the Rainbow Warriors - Adventure Logs
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:04 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! 4.0 Meeting Friday Dec 1st Newport Hills
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 am by bradly

» Next 4.0 Meeting Late Nov/ all Dec
Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:17 am by Teramotos

» Stargate...
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:14 am by Dwarmaj

» Friday, Nov 17th
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:16 am by Teramotos

» Epic item tade in: would a figurine be game breaking?
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:12 pm by Ross

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buffy-verse thread of discussion and planning.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

bradly wrote:2nd Vamp on roof athletics 18+14=32 easily cleared jump, run/charge (did go right by spirit, provoking AoO if applicable) and 18+13-5run=26 hit for 13 +8flurry on Aura.

It's not exactly an AoO, but its World Speaker's Command at-will power triggers as an immediate interrupt when an enemy moves from an adjacent square without shifting.

It's a +12 vs Will attack that does no damage. If it hits then the enemy's movement is stopped just like a fighter's combat superiority class feature. Also since I have the Intolerable Command feat, the target is slowed and deafened if the attack hits.

View user profile
Trevor wrote:It's a +12 vs Will attack that does no damage. If it hits then the enemy's movement is stopped just like a fighter's combat superiority class feature.

How would this affect if in mid-leap? Where would the Vamp land?

View user profile
Ken,

Do I have Dragon Magic for the sorcerer utility 6 power Sudden Scales? I know I do not have cosmic magic but I don't know if that gives me dragon magic or if I don't have it because I am a hybrid.

EDIT: I believe I don't have any magic soul from the sorcerer side since I took the Hybrid Talent: Paladin armor. At 11 I can take another feat that will allow me to take the Hybrid Talent feat again.

Last edited by Krystoff on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
I don't really know, Brad. The power description says:

PHB2 wrote:Hit: The target stops moving and must use a different action to resume moving.

I guess it's up to you, but if the target is stopped by the attack in mid-air, it seems like it would have a hard time resuming motion when its feet aren't on the ground. In which case I guess it would fall between the buildings and then be able to use any remaining actions it has left.

View user profile
The normal claw attacks and flurry attacks are untyped damage correct?

View user profile
Krystoff wrote:The normal claw attacks and flurry attacks are untyped damage correct?

For these guys, yes. The minions do necrotic.

View user profile
Krystoff wrote:Ken,

Do I have Dragon Magic for the sorcerer utility 6 power Sudden Scales? I know I do not have cosmic magic but I don't know if that gives me dragon magic or if I don't have it because I am a hybrid.

EDIT: I believe I don't have any magic soul from the sorcerer side since I took the Hybrid Talent: Paladin armor. At 11 I can take another feat that will allow me to take the Hybrid Talent feat again.

Yea, a Hybrid sorcerer doesn't have a "sorcerer soul" unless they take the Hybrid Talent feat and select a sorcerer soul.

Your PC was based off of the one I use for War and was planning on taking Paragon Hybrid for a paragon path which gives you a second Hybrid Talent feat (so that I could take Cosmic Soul). Otherwise you can only take Hybrid Talent once.

I figured that in heroic, being able to cast spells in plate far exceeded the benefits of a sorcerer soul which just gives you the benefit of the riders on a few powers.

View user profile
bradly wrote:
bradly wrote:
Trevor wrote:It's a +12 vs Will attack that does no damage. If it hits then the enemy's movement is stopped just like a fighter's combat superiority class feature.

Damn, damn, damn. This does matter. Spirit 19+12+2CA=33 hit. We have to figure out where the Vamp stops movement (on roof or fall between buildings). Adding 21 hits back to Aura. Sad

That's a really funny visual.

Vampire leaps after someone, then in mid air halts and drops like a rock.

View user profile
Yep I just need to get some plate armor. I figure Kevlar or Twaron will suffice for the modern equivalent.

I will probably put some type of Kevlar armor on my wishlist for this next adventure.

View user profile

Ross

Admin
Dwarmaj wrote:
bradly wrote:
bradly wrote:

Damn, damn, damn. This does matter. Spirit 19+12+2CA=33 hit. We have to figure out where the Vamp stops movement (on roof or fall between buildings). Adding 21 hits back to Aura. Sad

I think it's more like the spirit puts an arm out and Clotheslined him.

Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude
bradly wrote:15' up and trained in athletics +14, she would land on her feet
I thought acrobatics was the skill for reducing fall damage, landing on feet, etc.

View user profile
Krystoff wrote:I will probably put some type of Kevlar armor on my wishlist for this next adventure.

Not the kind of things typically found in a mall, but Telgarth made some contacts that can get these for you, also, your super estranged coworker seems to have all sorts of strange secret gadgets he's working on...

Doh! that's what I meant. These Vamps are trained in both athletics & acrobatics.

View user profile
Ross wrote:
Dwarmaj wrote:

I think it's more like the spirit puts an arm out and Clotheslined him.

That makes sense, but it's still a funny visual since the spirit is a little thing, right?

View user profile

Ross

Admin
Medium size if you want to make it look like that.

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
Ross wrote:Medium size if you want to make it look like that.

Alright fine! It's not that funny looking.

but...

Lucky Charm
Level 4 Uncommon
Monkey’s paw or rabbit’s foot, this lucky charm helps you snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.
Price: 840 gp
Item Slot: Neck
Enhancement: +1 Fortitude, Reflex, and Will
Power (Daily): No Action. Trigger: You miss with an attack or fail a skill check, ability check, or saving throw. Effect: Roll a d6 and add the result to the attack roll, skill check, ability check, or saving throw.

Assassin's Cloak
Make a Stealth check to hide when you turn invisible

...aren't these both neck slot items? If so I think you have to choose which one you're wearing.

View user profile

Ross

Admin
Assassins Cloak isn't an item. It's an ability.

Ross

Admin
Assassin's Cloak
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Assassin
Benefit: Whenever you become invisible, you can make a Stealth check to hide as a free action.

bradly wrote:
Not the kind of things typically found in a mall, but Telgarth made some contacts that can get these for you, also, your super estranged coworker seems to have all sorts of strange secret gadgets he's working on...

Doh! that's what I meant. These Vamps are trained in both athletics & acrobatics.

Actually you would be surprised how easy it is.

Most ballistics vests are not illegal and commonly available over the internet. If you live in Connecticut then you have to buy face to face but every other state is fine to buy from the internet.

http://www.bulletproofme.com/Body_Armor_Complete_Products_LIST.shtml

That site has everything from vests to rifle plates to riot shields (doesn't stop bullets).

Now the hard stuff to find would be fabrics like M5 and the experimental fabrics that they are just now coming out with.

EDIT: Didn't see it before on my Google search but even Amazon carries ballistics vests in their Amazon stores.
http://www.amazon.com/Bulletproof-Armor-Concealed-Level-Joules/dp/B0045NXUTQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1300993807&sr=1-1

View user profile
Alright. I didn't know that. Question is: Why do you?

View user profile

Ross

Admin
He just researched it on the fly.

Ross wrote:Assassins Cloak isn't an item. It's an ability.

Doh! Okay, that's legal then. Smile

Running to the bank then lunch. Will resolve actions when I get back.

View user profile
Just liked Ross said; it took me about 20 minutes or so.

I was trying to think of what the modern equivalent of plate is since I am not using the benefit of sorc hybrid talent I should at least try to get the benefit the paladin one.

One of the first things that popped into my mind was the fabric Kevlar and I remembered a PBS or Discovery type show that was showing its application in other products like parachutes or something similar. So I did a google search for Kevlar fabric. I saw multiple sites selling Kevlar and lots of info on sites like Wiki.

Wiki gave a lot of info including the piercing/slashing strengths of the different standards and introduced me to Twaron and M5 fabrics as well as some of the other types of experimental strong fabrics. It also detailed the legalities of ballistics vests (completely legal but some places are making it harder to get to) and showed who normally buys the vests and private citizens was among the list.

After you commented I just did a quick google search for ballistics vests and tons of hits came back with the top non-ad one being the bulletproofme link. When I hit back after looking at that site I saw the Amazon link and browsed in there for a bit.

The internet is wealth of information and it makes it seem like I know a lot more than I do. The vests from those sites claim they are military/law enforcement grade but I have no idea if those claims are true. The one from Amazon says it is made by Israeli military suppliers.

View user profile
Krystoff wrote: ...since I am not using the benefit of sorc hybrid talent I should at least try to get the benefit the paladin one.

You are, just not the heavy armor portion. The Hybrid Talent Paladin Armor Proficiency allows you to use any armor/shield.

A normal Sorcerer could only wear cloth. It would take two feats and 13 Str and Con (which isn't a problem in this game...) to use Hide armor.

While wearing light armor (which Hide counts as) you get to use your Dex or Str modifier in addition to the AC provided by the armor.

With Plate you don't get to use your Dex or Str modifier. But there are some enhancements that only come on plate that may be useful.

At level 6 Ashe's AC is 25 in +1 Hide, it would be 24 in +1 plate.

A quick projection at level 11 shows...
AC 30 in +3 Magic Gith Plate
AC 30 in +3 Magic Earthhide

For Ashe, I think hide or plate will be comparable. It'll really come down to what ehancements you want on the armor. Plate will reduce your speed down to 5 and has an additional -1 skill check to some skills.

View user profile
Ken, can you 2x check Blade's token? I think it's missing his +6 dex bonus on Gloom Thief damage. (Yes, I added manuall)

View user profile
Fallen Needle movement is a minor action where I can shift 1 or move 3

I had Lion's Den at first level, but switched to Fallen Needle for the mobility.

Note: the old Character Builder shows Fallen Needle movement as an Immediate Interrupt. They changed it because it made monks immune to charges. The Compendium and new Builder shows it as a minor.

Fallen Needle [Attack Technique]
Monk Attack 1

A single, sharp blow readies you to step away at a moment’s notice.

At-Will Full Discipline, Implement, Psionic
Standard Action Melee touch

Target: One creature

Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex

Hit: 1d10 + Dexterity modifier damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls against you until the end of your next turn.

Fallen Needle [Movement Technique]
A single, sharp blow readies you to step away at a moment’s notice.

At-Will Full Discipline, Psionic
Minor Action Personal

Effect: You shift 1 square or move 3 squares.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum