Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Northwest Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics

» Pathfinder 2e Wanderer's Guide Upgrade
Buffy-verse thread of discussion and planning. - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 12:21 pm by Ross

» Fallout on Amazon Prime Video
Buffy-verse thread of discussion and planning. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am by Ross

» Adventure Logs - Wisdom Warriors of Newport - Beginner Series 4e
Buffy-verse thread of discussion and planning. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 12:11 am by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Shaelrick Adventures - PF2e
Buffy-verse thread of discussion and planning. - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 7:34 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! Saturday April 6th Pathfinder 2e Continued
Buffy-verse thread of discussion and planning. - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:26 am by Krystoff

» Adventure Logs - The Eastern Knights
Buffy-verse thread of discussion and planning. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 9:39 pm by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - RIFTS
Buffy-verse thread of discussion and planning. - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 5:04 pm by Teramotos

» Savage Rifts Advancement/Rank
Buffy-verse thread of discussion and planning. - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:52 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! Friday 8 March - Pathfinder 2e Newport Hills 6 PM
Buffy-verse thread of discussion and planning. - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 6:29 am by Teramotos

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 24 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 801 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:27 pm

+3
Ross
Dwarmaj
Trevor
7 posters

Buffy-verse thread of discussion and planning.

Krystoff
    Krystoff

Number of posts : 1677
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Buffy-verse thread of discussion and planning. - Page 4 Empty Re: Buffy-verse thread of discussion and planning.

Post by Krystoff Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:42 am

Ashe certainly does.

Ashe will take 5 potions of healing. I will look and see what other potions might be of benefit.

Thanks!

Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Number of posts : 5285
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Buffy-verse thread of discussion and planning. - Page 4 Empty Re: Buffy-verse thread of discussion and planning.

Post by Dwarmaj Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:04 am

I only used one last battle, but have a feeling I'll need more this time...

Can you make Angelus 3 healing potions.

Thanks
    Mick
    Mick

Number of posts : 1671
    Registration date : 2008-12-03

Post by Mick Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:18 am

Ashe will take 5 potions of healing. I will look and see what other potions might be of benefit
    No problem. Remember I can only brew up to level 6 potions.

Can you make Angelus 3 healing potions.
    Got it.
    Kenji

Number of posts : 3459

Post by Kenji Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:13 pm

Krystoff wrote:Yeah lets stick together. If it wasn't for the hole to vampire town I would say lets stay here. As it is we should probably burn the place.

Well since you guys killed Luke, we'll have a different final encounter and it'll come to you instead of what I had planned. Let me know where your PCs want to stay so I can work that into the next encounter. Note: Somewhere close to UCLD campus is generally good since a lot will be going on near there.

Giles will rent a house just off campus a couple blocks if some PCs want to stay with him, the girls are in a freshmen dorm (coed, top 3rd floor corner unit) at UCLD.
    jibuki
    jibuki

Number of posts : 509
    Registration date : 2009-01-01

Post by jibuki Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:15 am

Telgarth would like 3 healing potions, I still have 1

I assume you don't have time to make an item. If you do, I'd like a +1 sunblade broadsword.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:21 pm

jibuki wrote:I'd like a +1 sunblade broadsword.

9th level item, Ember's only 6th.

Also, as Ashe learned a few times & Telgarth experienced once, it does put the bull's eye right on you. Vamps will generally try to flee out of the sun, but if that's not an option (which the PCs rarely offer), putting it out is high priority.
    jibuki
    jibuki

Post by jibuki Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:44 pm

True, but my melee abilities maximize the radiant damage vs undead. Plus I don't have to activate the light if Ashe has his up Smile

The item is only a 4th level item as a +1

Sunblade Level 4 Uncommon
    This heavy golden sword attacks with the power and intensity of the sun, burning nearby enemies.

Price: 840 gp
    Weapon: Heavy Blade
    Enhancement: +1 attack rolls and damage rolls
    Critical: +1d6 damage
    Property: This weapon can shed bright or dim light up to 20 squares. You control the brightness and range of the light.

Power (At-Will • Radiant): Free Action. All damage dealt by this weapon is radiant damage. Another free action returns the damage to normal.
    Power (Daily • Radiant): Standard Action. You cause motes of light to burst out and attach to your enemies. Make an attack: Close burst 1; targets enemies; Strength vs. Reflex (apply a bonus to the attack roll equal to the weapon’s enhancement bonus); on a hit, the target takes 1d8 radiant damage.
    Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:24 am

Yes, I can make you the sun sword if we have the time.
    It takes the same time as a potion which is one hour.
    In order of request:
    Ember 4 healing & 2 nec resist = 6 hrs
    Ashe 5 healing = 5 hrs
    Angelus 3 healing = 3 hrs
    Telgarth 1 sun swd & 3 healing = 4 hrs

Working 8hr days crafting she should make everything by St Vigeous (3 nights away).
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:44 am

Mick wrote:Yes, I can make you the sun sword if we have the time.
    It takes the same time as a potion which is one hour.
    In order of request:
    Ember 4 healing & 2 nec resist = 6 hrs
    Ashe 5 healing = 5 hrs
    Angelus 3 healing = 3 hrs
    Telgarth 1 sun swd & 3 healing = 4 hrs

Working 8hr days crafting she should make everything by St Vigeous (3 nights away).

You just might be meeting a new bad guy on the night prior to St Vigeus, which leaves 16 hours of crafting time. Telgarth can only have 2 of his 4 items... sword & healing, or 2 healing?
    jibuki
    jibuki

Post by jibuki Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:56 pm

sword and potion
    Trevor
    Trevor

Number of posts : 297
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by Trevor Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:42 pm

Psst, hey Brad. Ford stopped making Broncos in 1996. Also, they were mostly 2-door SUVs, making them inconvenient for personnel transport compared to 4-door ones.

Most government (FBI, etc.) SUVs nowadays are GMC Suburbans, and wealthier security forces (for celebrities and whatnot) often use Cadillac Escalades.

Just FYI.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:58 am

Okay, we'll say they're GMC suburbans, still all black with dark tinted windows. (thanks!)
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:44 pm

bradly wrote:
    Dwarmaj wrote:
    bradly wrote:I'll allow a save v ref as a minor action to grab an item mid-dusting and save it.

What is a "save vs ref" in 4.0?

Is it 10+ like all other saves or is there a specific Ref defense we have to hit?

yup, standard DC10+, specified 'ref' in case there are bonuses...

There are no bonuses to "ref" any more. Though there are lots of items/abilities that grant bonuses to saves.

Angelus gets a +2 bonus to all saves while bloodies. He also has one item that lets him re-roll a missed save an another that can grant a re-roll with a +5 bonus.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:08 pm

Sure, that all counts, but you're risking a pretty nice item if you still miss...
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:57 am

Trevor wrote:Minor action - Spirit of the Keeper on Angelus. He gets to spend a healing surge and gains an additional 1d6 HP.

Thanks for the heal... you may want to wait until I'm negative though. Angelus fights better when bloodied or even negative, just can't get too far negative.

I'll also heal more the farther negative I go. If I'm at -10hp and you heal for 20, that's a 30hp swing.
    Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:52 pm

Can a Mage Hand be used to grab a item from a dead but not dusted vamp?

Effect: You conjure a spectral, floating hand in an unoccupied
    square within range. The hand picks up, moves, or manipulates
    an adjacent object weighing 20 pounds or less and carries it up
    to 5 squares. If you are holding the object when you use this
    power, the hand can move the object into a pack, a pouch, a
    sheath, or a similar container and simultaneously move any one
    object carried or worn anywhere on your body into your hand.
    As a move action, you can move the hand up to 5 squares. As
    a free action, you can cause the hand to drop an object it is
    holding, and as a minor action, you can cause the hand to pick
    up or manipulate a different object.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Mick wrote:Can a Mage Hand be used to grab a item from a dead but not dusted vamp?

Seems like it'll work... What are the rules to grab a worn cloak from a healthy Vamp? (We may have to modify the rules a bit...)
    Kenji

Buffy-verse thread of discussion and planning. - Page 4 Empty non-dusting blows

Post by Kenji Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:20 pm

I'm going to say that...

any fire, radiant, or holy water, attack that drops a Vamp below 0 dusts a Vamp, no option for non-lethal blow.

any edged weapon attack that drops a Vamp below 0 can be a decapitating strike (default), or a thrust/downward slice etc, that won't dust it. Player's option.

any ranged wooden projectile attack that drops a Vamp below 0 is either a through-the-heart dusting blow (default), or aimed away from the heart with -2 to the attack to not dust, with a 1-2/d20 chance to 'miss' per range increment to hit heart anyway and accidentally dust. (of course the archer can also use aluminum arrow shafts too, which doesn't dust).

...but I'm making this all up, so any input is welcome. Sound good? Suggestions? Should edged weapons have a -1 attack to purposely not dust?
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:53 pm

I think simplest is best...
    After that consistancy.

There is no penalty for striking to knock out non-buffyverse undead or any other NPCs. Do we really need special rules for Buffyverse?

Other than not being like the show, is there a reason to dust items when a vampire is dusted? You could say that mundane items get dusted, but magical don't. That would make things much easier for PCs that use weapons, fire, or radiant damage. Note: I think my PC is the only one that can't dust a vampire without using a wooden stake.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:08 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:
    Other than not being like the show, is there a reason to dust items when a vampire is dusted?

Magic items are MORE important than mundane since the campaign backstory is that Vampires long ago suppressed the use of magic and has since convinced the living that magic doesn't exist. One of the reasons they've kept the secret for so long is that they control (almost) all the magic items which turns to dust as they do... plausible deniability. Any living who sees a Vamp or magic is ridiculed with no (usually) evidence to show for it.

Plus, it's an extra challenge to overcome...

...but okay, no penalty for 'subduing' with wooden projectiles just like swords & slashing weapons.
    Trevor
    Trevor

Number of posts : 297
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by Trevor Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:03 pm

Yeah, penalty for subduing with bows doesn't make much sense. If you're just aiming to 'kill' them the head is still a larger target than the heart.

Also, you said it's a minor action save vs ref to grab an item off a vamp mid-dusting. What is required to just take something off of a 'killed' vamp?
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:03 pm

Trevor wrote:Yeah, penalty for subduing with bows doesn't make much sense. If you're just aiming to 'kill' them the head is still a larger target than the heart.

Also, you said it's a minor action save vs ref to grab an item off a vamp mid-dusting. What is required to just take something off of a 'killed' vamp?

Same thing as an immediate reaction. (What Telgarth attempted but rolled a '9' when Ember Magic Missiled the broadsword Vamp). Good point re: size of head v heart. I was thinking aim center middle.

Whoops! the above should be reversed. a grab mid-dusting is an immediate reaction, otherwise minor action on your turn.
    Krystoff
    Krystoff

Post by Krystoff Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:51 am

bradly wrote:Whoops! the above should be reversed. a grab mid-dusting is an immediate reaction, otherwise minor action on your turn.

Brad,

Aura should have gotten the broadsword since she used a minor (instead of an immediate reaction) to grab it.

Kenji

Post by Kenji Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:59 am

Krystoff wrote:
    bradly wrote:Whoops! the above should be reversed. a grab mid-dusting is an immediate reaction, otherwise minor action on your turn.

Brad,

Aura should have gotten the broadsword since she used a minor (instead of an immediate reaction) to grab it.

She rolled a '2'. Minor on your turn or immediate reaction upon 'dead' or 'dust', you still need to make the saving throw (to simulate the Vamp trying to hang on it).
    Krystoff
    Krystoff

Post by Krystoff Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:06 pm

That's the part I didn't see; that you still need to make the saving throw.

Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:58 pm

bradly wrote:'little girl' corpse has nice ring, minor action to grab)

I know it doesn't follow the story you want... but as soon as Wendy dropped to zero/died she should revert to her normal form.

Change Shape (polymorph)
    At-Will Minor Action

Effect: The succubus alters its physical form to appear as a Medium humanoid until it uses change shape again or until it drops to 0 hit points. To assume a specific individual’s form, the succubus must have seen that individual. Other creatures can make a DC 30 Insight check to discern that the form is a disguise.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:04 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:I know it doesn't follow the story you want... but as soon as Wendy dropped to zero/died she should revert to her normal form.

Yup... Future polymorphers when killed will all revert to a Human(oid) form too, fyi. Not any 'monsterous' form as a rule. In the Buffyverse, besides your own powers (& items), it will be very difficult to find "proof" of Undead or Demons or magic.

Note: I purposely picked gargoyle, floating skull, and shapeshifting Succubus to compliment the Vampires specifically because when they got killed, their remains would be something mundane, i.e. a broken statue, a non-floating skull, a dead girl. Remember, magic is a long forgotten occult practice in this campaign, disbelieved as real by most. (Even though magic seems to come especially naturally for you Slayers...)
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:09 am

bradly wrote:9 take shots, the 1 at Ember 4+12=16vAC-5 run miss, 2 fire at Blade 15+12=27, 16+12=28, hit/hit for 20 damage. Blade is bloodied. 2 fire at Telgarth 15+12=hit exactly, 12+12=24 miss. Telgarth takes 14 & has 1/64, though will regen 2... 2 shoot at Ashe & both 16+12=28 hit for 10+8=18 damage. Last 2 shoot at Aura and 8+12=20, 12+12=24 miss/hit for 12 hits.

Are they using handguns or assult rifles?

I thought handguns were equivalent to handcrossbows (1d6+dexMod).

Rifles would be like either longbows or great bows (1d10+dexMod or 1d12+dexMod).

Are they using magic guns?
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Number of posts : 3867

Character sheet
    Campaign: 4e-Against the Giants
    Character Name: Kazoo Noisemaker
    Player Name: Ross

Post by Ross Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:14 am

Ken, Really as long as your using the Monster's stats it really doesn't matter what kind of weapon you say it is. It's really whatever you want them to be. If you had a Manticore you could say he had a Machine Gun instead of throwing quills.

Silk - Human/Hexblade [4e-Dark Nights Rising Campaign]
    Kazoo - Halfling(Kender)/Hybrid(Rogue/Druid) [4e-Against the Giants]
    Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
    Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
    Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Shandral Aurlong - Human/Sorcerer [5e-Horde of the Dragon Queen Campaign]
    Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
    Battlefield Soldier: Saturnicus
    Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
    Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
    XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:26 am

Ok, just odd...

A weapon in one creatures hands does more damage than the same weapon in another creatures hands that has superior stats.
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:02 am

Unless you want to go through every power and weapon and convert them this is a simple solution. Its up to Brad how detailed he wants to make things.

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:14 pm

Ross wrote:...this is a simple solution...

Concur. PCs have ability stats, class features, feat adds, etc, NPCs simplify all that & instead have "crossbow bolt 2d8+3" to simulate 1d8 for crossbow plus feats et. al. and to Ross' point, yes, I just changed 'crossbow' to 'AR' in name only for storyline.
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:34 pm

I can't remember. Is Mercury a Succubus or a Vampire.

Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:44 pm

Vampire with several special abilities added in...
    Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:35 pm

If we want to get the ring off her we are all going to have to concentrate our fire on her this round.
    Or abandon it and run for it.
    Krystoff
    Krystoff

Post by Krystoff Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:40 pm

Everything I do is radiant, plus she will take some when her turn comes up. I am going to have to catch it when she is dusted. I do get +2 to AC at least this round for using an AP.

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:06 pm

You can still choose if your doing lethal, vs just making her 'dead'.

Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:22 pm

I thought Brad said that radiant or fire will dust a vampire regardless.
    Krystoff
    Krystoff

Post by Krystoff Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:26 pm

That's what I thought as well.

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:19 pm

Oh, that's right. It's only if your using a bladed or piercing wooden item.

Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:53 pm

How many items did we get from the vampires?

I remember 2 swords, 2 rings, 1 cloak. Was that it?
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:20 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:How many items did we get from the vampires?

I remember 2 swords, 2 rings, 1 cloak. Was that it?

+3 carnage falchion
    +3 Eldritch broadsword
    +3 Raven's cloak
    Ring of Dragonborn Emperor
    Ring of Dragonborn Emberor
    Death Spiral ring

Don't remember exactly who's holding what item (but it might be important...). Btw, don't let the Mayor hear you say 'his gifts' were from Vampires!
    jibuki
    jibuki

Post by jibuki Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:11 pm

I have one of the Dragonborn Emperor rings and the broadsword.
    Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:53 am

Dwarmaj wrote:
    Ross wrote:Hate to say this, but I think Aura took 8 more damage when the Spirit was destroyed.

I don't think it'll matter much...

There's no one left that can heal and no time to get them.

I think anyone down is going to be captured.

I kind of agree Crying or Very sad
    Ember could minor: pull healing potion, standard: feed one of them, move: move or jump down the tunnel

But that person wouldn't likely get away.

Brad, how many spaces from the closet cop to the farthest down PC?
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:15 am

Mick wrote:
    Brad, how many spaces from the closet cop to the farthest down PC?

15-21 squares from Angelus.
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:14 pm

jibuki wrote:I have one of the Dragonborn Emperor rings and the broadsword.

Hmm, there are 6 items and 6 PCs...

Since they're all paragon items each PC should probably get one item.

I got a +2 cloak last encounter and a it looks like the +3 cloak will be mine. I'll have to get the +2 dusted unless someone wants it for the 1/5 price...

Wish we had a better way to handle upgrading items...
    Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Looks like I may be getting an item I don't need.
    I had the Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor on my wish list but when I equiped it, it didn't stack with my Ruin staff. Crying or Very sad
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:04 pm

Mick wrote:Looks like I may be getting an item I don't need.
    I had the Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor on my wish list but when I equiped it, it didn't stack with my Ruin staff. Crying or Very sad

Correct, item bonuses don't stack.

Razz, one of the reasons I have PCs made all the way up to 30th. That way I can plan out ahead of time what they'll need (works/doesn't work) and what to put on their wish lists.
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Post by Dwarmaj Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:22 pm

What kind of neck item does Ember wear?

Would the Raven Cloak work out better for her?

+3 to non-AC defenses
    Resist 5 necrotic/cold
    Daily power to reroll a save with a +5 bonus or +10 if it's a death save.

I have the +2 version on.

I have a couple of close burst powers (one AtWill), but rarely use them...
    Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:34 pm

Just +2 protection

Sounds like a trade that would benifeit both Ember & Angelus.
    She's OK with the trade.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am