Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Northwest Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics

» Adventure Logs - The Eastern Knights
Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 3:51 pm by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - RIFTS
Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 5:04 pm by Teramotos

» Savage Rifts Advancement/Rank
Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:52 pm by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Shaelrick Adventures - PF2e
Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 12:57 am by Teramotos

» Game On! Friday 8 March - Pathfinder 2e Newport Hills 6 PM
Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 6:29 am by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Wisdom Warriors of Newport - Beginner Series 4e
Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 11:22 am by Teramotos

» Westron Information
Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 12:47 pm by Teramotos

» PF2e AoO from movement
Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2024 5:01 pm by Ross

» PF2e Misc Rules
Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 12:17 pm by Ross

March 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 801 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:27 pm

+3
jibuki
Krystoff
Kenji
7 posters

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth

jibuki
    jibuki

Number of posts : 509
    Registration date : 2009-01-01

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth - Page 3 Empty Re: Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth

Post by jibuki Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:42 pm

Not that I want to cry about two hits, but does this feat make the dam (3) + 5 for 8. If it doesn't affect all dam die I'm going to change this up.

Avenging Resolution
    Heroic Tier
    Prerequisite: Avenger, oath of enmity power
    Benefit: When you attack a target of your oath of enmity with a weapon attack, treat all rolls of a 1 or 2 on the damage dice as though the result were a 3 on the die.
    jibuki
    jibuki

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth - Page 3 Empty Re: Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth

Post by jibuki Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:16 pm

I noticed I hadn't updated my sheet after we were allowed to purchase items from Ember. Done.
    Kenji

Number of posts : 3459
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by Kenji Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:27 am

jibuki wrote:I noticed I hadn't updated my sheet after we were allowed to purchase items from Ember. Done.

Thanks. Please mention if you use something that you added since Ken made the tokens so I add everything.

My bad about the damage... I thought it was only weapon rolls at first read. adding 2 hps.

Since this is your 3rd post since mentioning you might want to take an AP, I'm going to assume you didn't after all.

Baddies turn...

first Vampiress does move/move N towards Aura

2nd Vampiress tries to move away from spirit and 11+8=19 miss, the Vampiress moves then shift/attacks Aura 5+13=18 miss.

Vampiress fighting the boys takes 5 hits from sunlight, then 20+13=crit again! Telgarth takes 17, losing all 11 of his temp hits +6 more, she also flurries on Ashe for 8. Both boys are bloodied as she finishes her action shifting 6 SW, then moves 6W.

The floating brain floats from 5' up to 30' feet up and 6+12=18 v will, misses Ashe.

Ashe, Blade, Aura (or someone going for her), Telgarth, then baddies...

Ashe: 26/58 13/13 bloodied
    Aura: 30/50 11/12
    Blade: 28/50 11/11
    Telgarth: 27/64 10/12 bloodied

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth - Page 3 Aura1110
    Krystoff
    Krystoff

Number of posts : 1675

Post by Krystoff Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:58 am

Standard: Blazing Starfall on the brain. (+1 to the attack since I am bloodied - Dragonborn fury)

If I missed the brain I will AP and try it again and stay where I am.

If I hit I will:
    Move: 4SW
    AP: Second Wind

Kenji

Post by Kenji Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:31 am

Krystoff wrote:Standard: Blazing Starfall on the brain. (+1 to the attack since I am bloodied - Dragonborn fury)

If I missed the brain I will AP and try it again and stay where I am.

If I hit I will:
    Move: 4SW
    AP: Second Wind

"Aagh!" as Ashe casts BS at the Brain & 16+12=28 v ref easy hit for 20 radiant, and unlike the Vamps that explode into dust, a floating skull in an iron jar plummets 30' to the ground unharmed. The skull is horribly damaged, but it looks like it was all from magic damage.

Ashe then valiantly moves to engulf the unknown hottie in sunlight to protect her from the Vamps, and with 2 signature Slayer moves in 1, uses an AP and 2nd winds gaining +2 all def. and is no longer bloodied (40/58 12/13).

Blade, Aura, Telgarth, then baddies...
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Number of posts : 3864
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Character sheet
    Campaign: 4e-Against the Giants
    Character Name: Kazoo Noisemaker
    Player Name: Ross

Post by Ross Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:37 pm

Move: Southwest 4 Squares
    Free: Assassin's Shroud on bloodied vampire to my West.
    Standard: Teleport to Shrouded Target using Inescapable Shadow attack (include Shroud Damage + NightStalker)
    ----If he does not go down I will use Cloud of Darkness.

Inescapable Shadow
    You step from your foe’s shadow, driving your blade into the foe before it can make a sound.
    Encounter Shadow, Teleportation, Weapon
    Standard Action Melee 1
    Effect: Before the attack, you teleport 5 squares to a square adjacent to your assassin’s shroud target.
    Target: Your assassin’s shroud target
    Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
    Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage.

Silk - Human/Hexblade [4e-Dark Nights Rising Campaign]
    Kazoo - Halfling(Kender)/Hybrid(Rogue/Druid) [4e-Against the Giants]
    Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
    Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
    Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Shandral Aurlong - Human/Sorcerer [5e-Horde of the Dragon Queen Campaign]
    Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
    Battlefield Soldier: Saturnicus
    Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
    Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
    XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:12 pm

Blade moves then teleports next to the fleeing Vamp and hitting AC 28 for 23 points damage, easily lops off the head of the Vampiress.

Aura, then Telgarth, then baddies...
    Trevor
    Trevor

Number of posts : 297
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by Trevor Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:15 pm

Noticing the effect of the dragonborn's weapon on the vamp as he sidled up beside her, Aura smirks and says "nice sword."

Move action: shift NE. Move spirit companion adjacent to Aura and Ashe (fly it over to avoid OA from alley vamp if necessary)
    Minor action: Healing spirit on Telgarth; he gets to spend a healing surge. Aura gains 2d6 HP.

While the vamp was distracted by the sudden dropping in of the spirit, Aura yells "Now, hit her!" to Ashe.

Standard Action: Claws of the Eagle. Ashe gets a basic attack on vamp. If he hits she grants combat advantage until end of Aura's next turn.
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:27 pm

FYI: Conjurations don't provoke.

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Trevor wrote:Noticing the effect of the dragonborn's weapon on the vamp as he sidled up beside her, Aura smirks and says "nice sword."

Move action: shift NE. Move spirit companion adjacent to Aura and Ashe (fly it over to avoid OA from alley vamp if necessary)
    Minor action: Healing spirit on Telgarth; he gets to spend a healing surge. Aura gains 2d6 HP.

While the vamp was distracted by the sudden dropping in of the spirit, Aura yells "Now, hit her!" to Ashe.

Standard Action: Claws of the Eagle. Ashe gets a basic attack on vamp. If he hits she grants combat advantage until end of Aura's next turn.

Note: crit hit from last round should have gone to Ashe instead of Telgarth because of mark, so I assume you'd heal Ashe instead. Aura also get back 8 hits in healing herself as she magically heals Ashe's wounds (something no one else has seen before in the Buffyverse). <better story this way anyway, since you two were exchanging the most words>

Aura is impressed with the heirloom sword and wants to see it in action, and magically inspires him to throw his sword at the Vampiress, but 5+14=19 miss. Even on a miss though, the sunlight scorches her skin for 5 hits and suppresses her regeneration.

Telgarth's turn, then baddies...
    jibuki
    jibuki

Post by jibuki Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:05 pm

I believe the Vamp I had oathed was killed by Blade.

Minor - Oath the vamp Ashe is fighting
    Move - to charging range, seeking flanking if possible.
    Standard - Charge 1d10 + 1d10(weapon spec) + 1d6(horned helm) + 9
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:49 pm

jibuki wrote:I believe the Vamp I had oathed was killed by Blade.

Minor - Oath the vamp Ashe is fighting
    Move - to charging range, seeking flanking if possible.
    Standard - Charge 1d10 + 1d10(weapon spec) + 1d6(horned helm) + 9

She isn't adjacent to anyone so no one to flank with. Telgarth moves in and charges 8+14=22 hit exactly for 1d8=5 +9 +1d10=10 +1d6=1=3 =27 hits. She is now bloodied.

baddies turn...

Vampiress just bloodied
    free action "Hsss!!!" at Telgarth then shifts W running up the side of the N wall of the building about 5' up and when she gets to Blade bites at his neck 9+13=22 exactly hit. Blade suffers 13 hits from a neck wound and is weakened (save ends; 15/50 11/11) and many of the Vampiress' wounds heal so that she is barely no longer bloodied. She is not regenerating (this round). She then finishes her shift up the wall and onto the roof and with her move moves full 6 SE.

Other Vampiress on roof saw what happened to 2 coven sisters & the Brain plus what the 3rd is doing, regenerates 5 hits then full 2x run S & SW.

Ashe, Blade, Aura, Telgarth then baddies...

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth - Page 3 Aura1210

Note: because of the angle & height of the roof, & where everybody is, right now no one can see the Vampiress running away to the W and only Aura & Ashe can see the Vampiress running away to the S.

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:38 pm

When she bites me I will use Slayer's Escape to teleport onto the roof of the building to the Southwest,center of the roof as far away from the edge as possible. I become invisible and make a stealth check Assassin's Cloak power. It's possible that the vampire that bit me might run by me and provoke an Attack of Opportunity.

----------------------------
    Assassin's Cloak
    Make a Stealth check to hide when you turn invisible

Slayer's Escape
    After you are struck, you fold shadows around yourself and disappear.
    Encounter Shadow, Teleportation
    Immediate Reaction Personal
    Trigger: You are hit by an attack
    Effect: You teleport 5 squares, and you become invisible until the start of your next turn.

Kenji

Post by Kenji Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:53 pm

Oh wait, Blade is weakened!... adding back 14 hits to Vampiress. Twisted Evil She is barely not bloodied still. Smile
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:26 pm

I never attacked her after I was weakened?

Kenji

Post by Kenji Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:28 pm

Alright, something happened to my post. Blade teleported to the roof where the Vampiress was running and criticaled for 17+10=27 but forgot he was weakened, so needed to add back 14 hits.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:29 pm

Ross wrote:I never attacked her after I was weakened?

The attack you immediately reacted to weakened you, so when you opportunity actioned afterwards on the roof, you were weakened.
    jibuki
    jibuki

Post by jibuki Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:29 pm

And wasn't the Vampire that bit Blade marked by Ashe
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:01 pm

jibuki wrote:And wasn't the Vampire that bit Blade marked by Ashe

No, that was the Vampiress that Blade just killed. The Vamp that bit Blade just came off of the roof when Aura did the double back to the boys...
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Number of posts : 5285

Post by Dwarmaj Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:12 am

bradly wrote:Alright, something happened to my post.

I think you put your post in the planning thread...

Currently Ashe's turn?
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:23 am

Dwarmaj wrote:Currently Ashe's turn?

Yes, Ashe, then Blade, then Aura, then Telgarth, then baddies...
    Krystoff
    Krystoff

Number of posts : 1675

Post by Krystoff Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:46 am

So there are 2 vamps left and they are both running for the hills?

If so then Ashe will laugh heartily, turn off the glowing beacon of a sword and say.

"Those were some neat tricks you did there. I especially like the one where you healed my wounds! So what caused you to be chased by the bloodsuckers anyways?"

Kenji

Post by Kenji Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:04 pm

Krystoff wrote:So there are 2 vamps left and they are both running for the hills?

If so then Ashe will laugh heartily, turn off the glowing beacon of a sword and say.

"Those were some neat tricks you did there. I especially like the one where you healed my wounds! So what caused you to be chased by the bloodsuckers anyways?"

Ashe puts out the magical sunlight of his sword, never awakening any of the neighbors with it's bright light, and appears to be letting the Vamps flee. We'll call it 'delaying' until after everyone else goes.

Blade, you are alone on the roof with 2 fleeing Vampires. One of your fellow Slayers has apparently decided making time with the magic wielding (dark) Elf hottie more important than continuing the fight. Your action, then Aura, Telgarth, then baddies... (remember you're weakened, save ends)

Note: Unlike Vamps which are "no muss no fuss" since they turn to dust, you do see a broken skull in an iron jar lying in the alley too.
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:37 pm

I'll go check on the Jar. I won't pursue. Just watch that direction. I'll teleport off of the roof so the Vamps don't see where I go.

Kenji

Post by Kenji Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:04 pm

Ross wrote:I'll go check on the Jar. I won't pursue. Just watch that direction. I'll teleport off of the roof so the Vamps don't see where I go.

Your at will teleport requires an adjacent creature at both points, but anyway, the Vamps don't seem like they're concerned with where you go as long as it's not folowing them.

You find what looks like a Human head with all the skin ripped off and the top part of the skull missing, exposing the brain, floating in a liquid inside an iron jar with small window slits. It looks 'dead'.

Assuming Aura & Telgarth do not pursue then, anything else the party does before rejoining with Giles & the other Slayers?
    Trevor
    Trevor

Number of posts : 297
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by Trevor Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:24 pm

Standard action: Aura will take one last longbow shot at the rooftop fleeing vamp as a parting gift.

Krystoff wrote:"Those were some neat tricks you did there. I especially like the one where you healed my wounds! So what caused you to be chased by the bloodsuckers anyways?"
    "You all have some impressive tricks of your own. I'm glad you didn't take my original advice and scram. Do you guys make a habit of picking fights with vampires? As for how I managed to piss them off, I was checking on something when I apparently wandered into their lair...," Aura nods at the building she and the vamps emerged from and then looks a bit embarrassed, "...where they ambushed me."

Before going with the group to find out more about them, Aura will go back inside the building and look for any clues as to what Ms. Post was doing there now that she can do so without being interrupted by vampires.
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:32 am

Aura's parting shot hit squarely in the back, but doesn't bloody her or stop her from fleeing.

All of you have slain many minion Vamps by now, but this is the 2nd time the Slayers have faced a 'boss' Vamps. Ms Post lied to Aura that all Vamps are minions, i.e. not really Aura's fault, but Giles tells you all stories of Vampires of incredible powers (much tougher than the bosses you just beat).

Inside Ms Post's house, you find bear spirit armor and steal her laptop. While everyone else's families were attacked by clan Mui, Aura & Telgarth recognize the Vampire glyphs about as belonging to the clan that attacked yours. You find nothing else of unusual note.

Ashe & Ember (once you all regroup) help you hack into the laptop and you find out that Gwendolyn Post is now not only working with the same Vamps that killed Aura's family, but Ms Post used her position in CPS to find Aura and ordered the attack on her family. You also find out that Ms Post (is a Human who) works for clan Aralius, and that clan Aralius & clan Mui are planning on teaming up for a joint ritual on the 'Eve of St Vigeus'.
    Mick
    Mick

Number of posts : 1671
    Registration date : 2008-12-03

Post by Mick Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:49 am

When is 'Eve of St Vigeus'
    Kenji

Post by Kenji Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:09 am

Mick wrote:When is 'Eve of St Vigeus'

Your Watcher, Giles, is researching this. He hasn't heard of it, but your Slayer instincts tell you it's probably pretty soon but not tomorrow...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 pm