Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics
» 4.0 Meeting Fri Dec 15th - GAME On!
Yesterday at 8:27 am by Teramotos

» Axis and Allies - Optional Unit Rules
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:15 am by Teramotos

» Rainbow Warriors Planet Ember - Magic Item Count - Adventure Notes
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:08 pm by Teramotos

» Prophecy of the Rainbow Warriors - Adventure Logs
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:04 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! 4.0 Meeting Friday Dec 1st Newport Hills
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 am by bradly

» Next 4.0 Meeting Late Nov/ all Dec
Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:17 am by Teramotos

» Stargate...
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:14 am by Dwarmaj

» Friday, Nov 17th
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:16 am by Teramotos

» Epic item tade in: would a figurine be game breaking?
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:12 pm by Ross

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meet the new girl... Ashe, Aura, Blade, Telgarth

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Ashe, Blade, Telgarth...

After 6 months of laying low, you 3 are the first to arrive back in Hollygrove Hills a few days early. Gaining confidence in your fast growing new magical abilities, the 3 of you decide to go patrolling (for Vampires).

You are in a neighborhood near the cemetary when you notice an extremely hot dark skinned Elf exiting a roof door and fleeing across the rooftop in great haste...

Being nighttime, the streets otherwise look pretty quiet. Here's a map of the neighborhood and the 4 orange/green dots are you guys. I'll blow the map up more on your turns.

Telgarth is first to act 25.08
Blade is next 24.09, then
Aura 22.09
Ashe 22.08

Aura: You watched Ms Post leave this house sometime ago and by your best scouting you thought it was empty, but you were wrong by quite a few Vampires who cut you off from the door, and are chasing you out the house onto the roof...

View user profile
Alright guys she is really hot. She is either a slayer, a vampire, or an actress so we had better save her either way.

View user profile
Is there a way onto/off the roof? How high are we talking about? What is my range to the door that the elf came out?

View user profile
jibuki wrote:Is there a way onto/off the roof? How high are we talking about? What is my range to the door that the elf came out?

You should be able to make an Athletics check, Telgarth is +11 in Athletics and the standard DCs are:

Surface Athletics DC
Ladder 0
Rope 10
Uneven surface (cave wall) 15
Rough surface (brick wall) 20

Slippery surface +5
Unusually smooth surface +5

View user profile
But none of that helps if I don't know how high the roof is. What is nearby? And since there a door is there access.

View user profile
Here's a more zoomed in view of your area & not the whole neighborhod. It looks like it's a very high 1 story building with a 2nd story in the middle where the trap door you saw the hottie come running out of is. It's a slanted roof so the low parts are around 15', the peaks around 20'. The middle part of the roof (where trap door is) is higher.

It's a house, so there are doors & windows, but they are all closed. From the street, you can't actually see the roof trapdoor, but you saw where the hottie came out of it. Standard brick wall DC to climb.

View user profile
Guess I might as well start asking questions for when my turn comes up.

How far is the gap to the roof of the building to the East, and how high is that roof?

Same question for the building to the South.

How far of a jump would it be to grab a branch of that tree to the NE, and how high up would I be while hanging from a branch?

View user profile
Trevor wrote:Guess I might as well start asking questions for when my turn comes up.

How far is the gap to the roof of the building to the East, and how high is that roof?

Same question for the building to the South.

How far of a jump would it be to grab a branch of that tree to the NE, and how high up would I be while hanging from a branch?

Your tokens represent 5' x 5', so it looks like to fly across the street to the building to the E is about 30', a leap to the building S about 15'...

View user profile
Is there a better way of moving other than guestimating? I'm moving to the N of the cart - SE corner of the southern most section. Trying to be within 35' of the roof opening.

View user profile
jibuki wrote:Is there a better way of moving other than guestimating?

Brad, if you want to show the grid,
In MapTools select View->Grid

View user profile
jibuki wrote:Is there a better way of moving other than guestimating? I'm moving to the N of the cart - SE corner of the southern most section. Trying to be within 35' of the roof opening.

Per Ken's help, I added grid lines to the map & moved Telgarth 8 squares (either a move/move or a run if you wanted further actions).

Telgarth is 7 squares from the roof trap door, but remember, you can't see it from the street, even though you know roughly where it is since you saw the unknown hottie run out.

Blade's turn...

View user profile
Run, covering the door w/ ready actions Avenging Shackles

View user profile

Ross

Admin
Move towards the house and find any shadows to hide in.

Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude
Aura had been a bit preoccupied with finding escape from the vampires chasing her, so she didn't immediately notice the three people walking down the alleyway below. She really hoped they weren't friends of the angry vamps inside. She supposed if they were then they'd know what was up as soon as the roof trapdoor opened and their buddies swarmed out, and if they were just random innocents she didn't want to get them involved.

She spoke as loud as she dared "Get out of here before they spot you!" before resuming her search for an escape route.

Move and a move with an athletics check to jump across gap to south building.
Minor - conjure spirit companion in midair in the middle of the gap behind me.

View user profile
Ross wrote:Move towards the house and find any shadows to hide in.

Telgarth runs to the house & readies an action.

Blade does a move/move (8 squares) and 16+14-5 move=25 stealth, thinks he's hiding pretty well.

Trevor wrote:Aura had been a bit preoccupied with finding escape from the vampires chasing her, so she didn't immediately notice the three people walking down the alleyway below. She really hoped they weren't friends of the angry vamps inside. She supposed if they were then they'd know what was up as soon as the roof trapdoor opened and their buddies swarmed out, and if they were just random innocents she didn't want to get them involved.

She spoke as loud as she dared "Get out of here before they spot you!" before resuming her search for an escape route.

Move and a move with an athletics check to jump across gap to south building.
Minor - conjure spirit companion in midair in the middle of the gap behind me.

New girl:

free action: yells a warning to the kids in the street (who seem to imediately be taking cover)

2x move: automatically clears the little jump between rooftops of the building she's on and attempts to jump to S building and 9+13=22 athletics easily clears the great expanse (5' to spare). Note: I cheated you W as well as S since the gap is smaller & moved you full 7 both moves.

minor action: summons a spirit floating between the buildings (green square)

Ashe's turn then Telgarth's readied action might kick in... With the magic the hottie summoned, Ashe rules out 'actress' as who she might be.

View user profile
Ashe won't rule out that she is a vampire just yet. He also isn't going to hide in the shadows.

"That's a neat little trick you did there ma'am. You seem to be in a great big hurry. Why don't you come on down and tell us about it, hmmm?"

Ashe then delays while waiting for something more interesting to happen.

View user profile
Krystoff wrote:Ashe won't rule out that she is a vampire just yet. He also isn't going to hide in the shadows.

"That's a neat little trick you did there ma'am. You seem to be in a great big hurry. Why don't you come on down and tell us about it, hmmm?"

Ashe then delays while waiting for something more interesting to happen.

Ashe teases the hottie carrying a very nice bow (which she just stole from her former Watcher, the +2 one on your wishlist) as a couple Vampires follow her out of the roof exit and 2 more come out the door the alley you're in. (marked by triangle)

As their move action happens, Telgarth's readied action kicks in and 8+11=19 good thing it's v will, barely hit for 8 hits (but you think you did more).

"She has friends!" Vamp 1 in street attacks (charges) Telgarth (who just attacked her) and 15+13=28 hit for 13 hits and then she flurries and kicks for another 8 hits.

Vamp 2 in street runs and charges Ashe and 4+13-5 run=12 missed terribly.

Vamp 3 & 4 stop in the middle of the S roof. (Not enough movement left to make the leap & want a running start next round)

After the Vampires come out, a floating brain in a armored iron jar floats out!

Note: Blade & Telgarth are too close to the building to see what's on the roof.

Ashe will probably end his delay, then Blade, Aura, Telgarth, then baddies...

The Vamp attacking Telgarth is wearing her Vampire face, all the others appear like Human women (plus the brain in armored jar).

View user profile
Free action: The sunblade is doing radiant
Free action: "Now we are talking toots. Where did you find such wonderful friends?"
Free action to the vamp attacking me: "You need to back off lady; we haven't even been properly introduced."

Minor: Mark the one in front of me. (Note the vamp knows she takes radiant damage if she doesn't attack me)
Move: Shift 1W
Standard: Virtuous Strike

View user profile
Krystoff wrote:Free action: The sunblade is doing radiant
Free action: "Now we are talking toots. Where did you find such wonderful friends?"
Free action to the vamp attacking me: "You need to back off lady; we haven't even been properly introduced."

Minor: Mark the one in front of me. (Note the vamp knows she takes radiant damage if she doesn't attack me)
Move: Shift 1W
Standard: Virtuous Strike

I love the free actions. Smile

Aura, you notice a particularly handsome young man calmly talk trash to a powerful Vampiress attacking him, and call you "toots".

He then shifts W and 11+15=26 hits for 13 radiant + vulnerability. His sword appeared to have come from nowhere and a flash of light as it struck the Vamp.

Blade's turn. You can hear 2 footsteps on the roof above you (but not the floating brain), and you don't think the Vampiresses in the street spotted you.

Then Aura, then Telgarth, then baddies...

View user profile

Ross

Admin
Free: Throw a Assassin's Shroud on to Telgarth's vampire.
Standard: Executioner's Noose On Telgarth's Vampire (Do not trigger Shroud, but if I hit I will pull him between me and Telgarth. If I miss I will use Mark of Shadow
to remain hidden.

Executioner's Noose
You gather shadows into the form of a noose, cast it around your foe’s neck, and pull.
At-Will Force, Implement, Shadow
Standard Action Ranged 5
Target: One creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d6 + Dexterity modifier force damage, and you pull the target 2 squares. The target is slowed until the end of your next turn.

Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude
Ross wrote:Free: Throw a Assassin's Shroud on to Telgarth's vampire.
Standard: Executioner's Noose On Telgarth's Vampire (Do not trigger Shroud, but if I hit I will pull him between me and Telgarth. If I miss I will use Mark of Shadow
to remain hidden.

Blade throws up a shroud and 3+12+2CA=17 v Fort miss. Because of your feat, you stay hidden on a miss and no one sees you. (Aura's passive perception is 24, so your stealth of 25 barely hides you from everyone)

View user profile
Krystoff wrote:"That's a neat little trick you did there ma'am. You seem to be in a great big hurry. Why don't you come on down and tell us about it, hmmm?"
Krystoff wrote:"Now we are talking toots. Where did you find such wonderful friends?"

Aura Sighed. "Bravado, just what I don't need to deal with right now." She thought. At least the loudmouth and the shifter were holding their own against the vampires. She couldn't tell where the third one had gone, so she guessed he either took her initial advice or was very good at hiding.

Move action: Move Southeast to get distance from rooftop vamps and keep clear line of sight to the alleyway
Standard action: Ranged Basic Attack with shiny new longbow against nearest rooftop vamp.

View user profile
Trevor wrote:Aura Sighed. "Bravado, just what I don't need to deal with right now." She thought. At least the loudmouth and the shifter were holding their own against the vampires. She couldn't tell where the third one had gone, so she guessed he either took her initial advice or was very good at hiding.

Move action: Move Southeast to get distance from rooftop vamps and keep clear line of sight to the alleyway
Standard action: Ranged Basic Attack with shiny new longbow against nearest rooftop vamp.

The new girl mumbles under her breath at the Dragonborn while wondering where the 'other' dark Elf went, then moves SE 6 to the edge of the roof and 18+11+2 enhancement=31 v AC and easily sends a flaming arrow deep into the chest of a Vampiress on the roof (missing the heart).

Aura is 11 squares from the spirit companion. Do you need to maintain, or does it stay there?

Telgarth's turn... then baddies

View user profile
(Avenging Shackles dam is 1d8 + 10 radiant)

Map please,

I believe there is a vamp attacking me,
minor oath the vamp
standard bond of pursuit

waiting for map to finish

View user profile
Last map is accurate as far as I can tell. None of the baddies have gotten to go yet and I believe the only action is from Aura heading SE 6 to the edge of the roof. I moved 1 west in case someone charged in on my vamp for the flank as well but that isn't significant.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum