Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Northwest Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics

» Adventure Logs - The Eastern Knights
Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 3:51 pm by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - RIFTS
Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 5:04 pm by Teramotos

» Savage Rifts Advancement/Rank
Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:52 pm by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Shaelrick Adventures - PF2e
Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 12:57 am by Teramotos

» Game On! Friday 8 March - Pathfinder 2e Newport Hills 6 PM
Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 6:29 am by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Wisdom Warriors of Newport - Beginner Series 4e
Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 11:22 am by Teramotos

» Westron Information
Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 12:47 pm by Teramotos

» PF2e AoO from movement
Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! EmptyTue Feb 20, 2024 5:01 pm by Ross

» PF2e Misc Rules
Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 12:17 pm by Ross

March 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 801 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:27 pm

+2
Trevor
Ross
6 posters

Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer!

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Number of posts : 3864
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Character sheet
    Campaign: 4e-Against the Giants
    Character Name: Kazoo Noisemaker
    Player Name: Ross

Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! Empty Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer!

Post by Ross Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:54 am

Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011

This is it! We are very excited to announce the first details on Battlefield 3 and to kickstart the preorders for the Limited Edition!

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch. For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February, starting with Game Informer right now.

Battlefield 3 will release this Fall. You can preorder the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition at www.battlefield.com now. The exact contents of the Limited Edition will be revealed around GDC.

Secure your copy of Battlefield 3 Limited Edition at www.battlefield.com
    Stay tuned at www.twitter.com/battlefield and follow our Community Manager @zh1nt0 for the latest news and community happenings relating to Battlefield 3

Silk - Human/Hexblade [4e-Dark Nights Rising Campaign]
    Kazoo - Halfling(Kender)/Hybrid(Rogue/Druid) [4e-Against the Giants]
    Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
    Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
    Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Shandral Aurlong - Human/Sorcerer [5e-Horde of the Dragon Queen Campaign]
    Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
    Battlefield Soldier: Saturnicus
    Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
    Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
    XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
    Trevor
    Trevor

Number of posts : 297
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! Empty Re: Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer!

Post by Trevor Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:31 pm

Finally! Guess I better start looking to build a new PC to play it.
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! Empty Re: Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer!

Post by Ross Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:20 am

Another BF3 preview video, but it shows a little of the game play.

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:14 am

http://www.ea.com/battlefield3/videos/faultline-ep1

Looks like the single player game but Holy Crap. The Graphics are amazing.

Krystoff
    Krystoff

Number of posts : 1675
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by Krystoff Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:18 pm

Game looks awesome. Probably wont be able to play it with those graphics on my machine when it comes out. My comp is coming up on 3 years old already; feels like I just bought the thing.

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:50 am

Another BF3 video.

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:51 am

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:39 pm

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Tue May 10, 2011 3:36 pm

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/05/10/Back-to-Karkand.aspx

Going Back to Karkand #1: Your chance to relive the greatest Battlefield maps ever

Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! B2K_5F00_Wallpaper

BY: H Brun POSTED: May 10, 2011, 12:00AM COMMENTS: 62 (Login Required to Comment)

Part I in a behind the scenes series on Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand

Containing four of the best Battlefield maps ever created by DICE, the first expansion pack for Battlefield 3 will be a treat both for returning fans and newcomers. Read on for more in-depth details on Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand and how to get it at no extra charge.

Anyone who preorders Battlefield 3 will receive our first themed expansion pack at no extra charge. When Lead Designer Niklas Fegraeus got the assignment to lead the expansion pack, his thoughts immediately went to the four most played and loved maps in the history of Battlefield: Strike at Karkand, Wake Island, Gulf of Oman, and Sharqi Peninsula. Combined, these four maps have been played for an incredible 25,000 man years!

It’s obvious returning Battlefield fans should be excited. What does the expansion pack offer to those new to Battlefield?
    -- It’s pretty simple, really. These are evidently some of the very best maps we have ever built. We have unquestionable data and feedback from the community saying so. You would be crazy turning down the chance to boost your game with these classic multiplayer maps.

Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! B2K_5F00_Strike_5F00_at_5F00_Karkand_5F00_Concept
    An early piece of concept art for the Frostbite 2 reimagining of a true classic. Meant to represent lighting and color palette only. Actual map layout will be very similar to the original.

What does the Frostbite 2 engine and the Battlefield 3 gameplay bring to the reimagined version of Strike at Karkand?
    -- From a gameplay perspective, destruction is the biggest addition compared to the original map in Battlefield 2 back in 2005. I remember this particular building by the square in the original where players could defend very effectively. Now, with the destructive power of Frostbite 2, someone can just RPG that building and expose the defenders within. At the same time, we need to be careful not to add destruction that breaks the tried and tested game flow of the map.

You were also Lead Designer on last year’s expansion pack Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam. Do you see any similarities between that and Back to Karkand?
    -- Certainly from the perspective of scope and ambition, they are very similar. This is no simple map pack. Back to Karkand will also include iconic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles to bring back to the base game, new unlocks and persistence, and more content that we will talk about later. They are also similar in that they are both strongly themed.

In your mind, what makes Strike at Karkand still great?
    -- Strike at Karkand finds the perfect combination of tight urban infantry combat and traditional Battlefield vehicle combat, without any one side ever dominating the fight. I also think that the linear flag positions give you a clear idea of where you need to go, creating a strong sense of direction.

David Spinnier (formerly Göthberg) is currently Co-op Lead Designer for Battlefield 3 and the one who created the original Strike at Karkand map for Battlefield 2.

How do you feel now that your map is set for a reimagining in Battlefield 3?
    -- I'm super happy and proud that it became such a classic. I'm excited to see it remade with a whole new level of graphics and destruction and have given the developers of the expansion pack a few pointers on the map.

What was your original design idea for Strike at Karkand?
    -- I wanted almost to tell a story. In my mind when I started the design, I could see these tanks rolling downhill in a sandy desert into a city where defenders were scurrying around, setting up a defensive perimeter and then being pushed back further downtown. I also wanted to create an asymetric battlefield with a defensive focus. Infantry defenders meeting heavy armor. I just started painting the layout of the map in Photoshop and went from there.

What happened when you actually started play testing the design?
    -- I remember one of the first play tests. People were behaving exactly as I had imagined: Placing mines and C4, climbing onto roofs to get a clear view and clear shot of the tanks rolling in. It all just fell into place. It was a fantastic feeling.

Do you have any original design docs for Strike at Karkand lying around that we could have a look at, just for fun?
    -- Sure thing! Here is my original layout design, last saved in October 2004. If you know your Karkand, you realize that the layout here is mirrored from the actual in-game map. This was something I wasn’t aware of at the time, but when you entered your layout into the game editor, everything was reversed!

Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! Karkand_5F00_Orig_5F00_Design
    Bonus feature: The original design doc for Strike at Karkand from Battlefield 2!

To receive Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand at no extra charge, all you need to do is preorder Battlefield 3.

Come back next week for more in-depth details on Back to Karkand.
    For more information on Battlefield 3, visit the Official Site.
    For the latest news on everything Battlefield, follow us on Twitter.

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Wed May 18, 2011 10:29 am

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Thu May 26, 2011 12:14 pm

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/05/25/BF3-Back-to-Karkand-3.aspx

Going Back to Karkand #3: Introducing Gulf of Oman and Sharqi Peninsula

Part III in a behind the scenes series on Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand

We've covered off two of the maps in the pre-order bonus Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand. Today, we have some early concepts from the two remaining maps for you, as well as some clarification on how to get your hands on them. Read on.

Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand contains four classic Battlefield maps reimagined with the power of the new Frostbite 2 game engine. We've covered off Strike at Karkand and Wake Island in our previous blog posts, which leaves Gulf of Oman and Sharqi Peninsula.

Below, you can see some very early concept art that we designed here at DICE to get a feel for what these new versions could feel like. Don't read too much into them, though, as concept art will never be proof of features, content, or even final visual design.

Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! BF3_5F00_B2K_5F00_Gulf_5F00_of_5F00_Oman_5F00_Concept

Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! BF3_5F00_B2K_5F00_Sharqi_5F00_Peninsula_5F00_Concept

By the way, there's absolutely no way you can pre-order Battlefield 3 and not end up with the Limited Edition (with the exception of Italy, where the cut-off date for the Limited Edition is September 30th). Battlefield 3: Limited Edition in turn entitles you to the expansion pack Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand once it is released (after launch, date to be confirmed). If you pre-order, this bonus content will be yours at no extra charge. If you do not pre-order, you will still be able to buy it when it is released (price to be confirmed). The goal from the separate development team behind it is to make it every bit as ambitious and full of content as Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam. Closer to the launch of the base game, we will be able to show you just what that means.

On another note, if you want a chance to play on three of these classic Battlefield maps (namely Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, and Sharqi Peninsula), they are all available in the excellent Battlefield Play4Free.

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Thu May 26, 2011 12:18 pm

Battlefield 3 - Full Length "Fault Line" Gameplay Trailer
    This came out awhile ago, but I don't think I posted it here. It's pretty amazing looking.

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:27 am

Thermal Mode:

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:31 am

Release date is October 25th.
    Just when you think the game can't get any better....

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:33 am

Multiplayer Mode:

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Wow. I got into the Alpha.

Kenji

Number of posts : 3459

Post by Kenji Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:05 pm

That is pretty awesome graphics. It's like you're in a war without the actual physical consequences. (which, I'd rather avoid...) How hard would it be to combine a game like this with that backyard paintball autofire software on a person, 'Predator' style? (How many movies have come out with that idea now?...) Is there such a thing as an organic skin contact sleeping toxin that can be put into a paintball?
    Krystoff
    Krystoff

Post by Krystoff Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Nice! Let me know if you can get a friend in Very Happy

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:42 am

Very happy to say my system is very capable of handling the game.

Mick
    Mick

Number of posts : 1671
    Registration date : 2008-12-03

Post by Mick Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:42 am

What are your PC's specs
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:28 am

iBUYPOWER Gamer Extreme
    932SLC Desktop PC Intel Core i7 930(2.8GHz)
    6GB DDR3
    750GB HDD Capacity
    ATI Radeon HD 5770
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Nice rig Ross
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Thanks. It's up-gradable to 12 GB if I need some real power.

Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:07 pm

Stu did you update your PC yet?

Minimum requirements for Battlefield 3
    •Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
    •RAM: 2GB
    •Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card.
    •Graphics card memory: 512 MB
    •Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
    Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3
    •Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
    •RAM: 4GB
    •Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850
    •Graphics card memory: 1 GB
    •Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Looks like my laptop just make the recommended system req.
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Just when I think this game can't look any better:
    Alpha was awesome, but it was only one map. I'm really looking forward the full game.

Trevor
    Trevor

Post by Trevor Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:37 pm

Looks amazing. I'm glad to see they slowed the jets down considerably from BF2. They were so fast before they weren't very balanced gameplay-wise
    Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:37 pm

Interesting BF3 fact sheet.
    http://www.enterbf3.com/
    Kenji

Number of posts : 3459

Post by Kenji Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Mick wrote:Interesting BF3 fact sheet.

what is "pwned"?
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Number of posts : 5285

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:46 pm

bradly wrote:
    Mick wrote:Interesting BF3 fact sheet.

what is "pwned"?

Google is your friend...
    http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/p/f/pwned.htm
    Trevor
    Trevor

Post by Trevor Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:38 pm

Wow Brad. Just wow. Also, I am sad Ken beat me so I didn't get to use this: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+pwned

I found out yesterday that EA is being kind of obnoxious with their new "Origin" downloadable content provider service they are using now because they don't want Steam getting a cut of their profits anymore. Apparently in the terms of service it says that if you don't log in over a timespan of 2 years, your account gets deleted. That means any games tied to it are gone. And you can't get around this by purchasing a physical copy of the game, as you have to create an Origin account just to play the game, and your CD key is validated through it. If your account gets deleted, your CD key goes with it, meaning your discs would be blacklisted.

Now, 2 years is a pretty long time, and it probably won't affect me, and especially not while I'm playing BF3, but it's still kind of disconcerting just to know that they are waiting to delete my game if I forget to log in every once in a while.
    Trevor
    Trevor

Post by Trevor Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Update!

I looked into the issue some more and found that EA has responded. Apparently they wrote that clause to prevent the buildup of inactive accounts created for purposes besides proper use of the service. Anyone who owns and plays games will probably never have to worry about it.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2011/08/03/ea-s-origin-to-delete-inactive-accounts/1

And now from the "what the hell?" news division:

Shortly after the good news for console players that the console versions of BF3 would get server browsers instead of just a matchmaking option, EA has turned around and stated that the PC version of BF3 won't get a server browser in-game. All menu functions of BF3 will be done through the battlelog, which is accessed through a web browser window. This means that players will have to exit the game or alt-tab to switch servers.
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:44 pm

I hope they will allow you to climb over walls if someone gives you a lift up in the multi-player as well as the single player campaign.

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! Empty Battlefield 3 Open Beta starts Sep 29th!

Post by Ross Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:00 pm

Battlefield 3 Open Beta starts Sep 29th!

Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! BF3_5F00_OperationMetro_5F00_MP_5F00_02

We are happy to announce that the eagerly awaited Battlefield 3 Open Beta starts Thursday, September 29th!

Running until October 10th, the Battlefield 3 Open Beta is your chance to play the game early, try out our free social platform Battlelog, and help us make the game even better by sending us your valuable feedback.

If you pre-order Battlefield 3 (PC digital download version) on Origin before September 25th, or if you have registered your first-hand copy (by activating its Online Pass) of Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition, you will get 48 hours early access to the Beta, meaning you can start playing Tuesday, September 27th. The full details on how you will be granted early acess is available on our new Beta section.

For Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, the Open Beta will be visible on the consoles' digital marketplaces under Battlefield 3. For PC, you need to install Origin and download the Open Beta from within the Origin application.

For all your Open Beta questions and answers, head to our new Beta section at the official Battlefield 3 site. Enjoy the Beta, and let us know what you think!

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! Empty Your Battlefield 3 Open Beta early access questions answered

Post by Ross Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:52 am

Your Battlefield 3 Open Beta early access questions answered

With the Battlefield 3 Open Beta starting September 29th, millions of gamers will have the chance to play Battlefield 3, help us test our back-end, and give us valuable feedback on the game.

Some of you will be eligible to start playing the Open Beta as early as September 27th, a full 48 hours before the it opens to the public. This post will answer any of your questions on how early access to the Battlefield 3 Open Beta works.

If you have more questions, we have a more extensive Open Beta FAQ at this link.

Q: What are the regular dates for the Open Beta?
    A: September 29th-October 10th, 2011.

Q: Who is eligible for early access to the Battlefield 3 Open Beta on September 27th?
    A: Customers who have pre-ordered the PC digital download version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin, or registered their first-hand copy of Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition, or purchased Medal of Honor Limited Edition from Steam prior to July 26th, 2011.

Q: How do I join the early access Open Beta?
    A: For Xbox 360, you will receive an email with instructions and your personal early access code. Note your code and follow the instructions.

For Playstation 3, the early access Open Beta will automatically appear for you in the PlayStation Network Store.

On PC, you will receive an email with instructions and your personal early access code. Note your code and follow the instructions to redeem the code on Origin.

Q: I bought Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition on Steam. How do I get early access?
    A: If you purchased Medal of Honor through Steam prior to July 26th, 2011 cut-off, you are eligible for early access to the Battlefield 3 Open Beta.

To view your key, go to Medal of Honor in your Steam library, and click the "cd key" link. Find the "Battlefield 3 Open Beta early access" key.

Battlefield 3 is delivered through Electronic Arts' Origin client. (direct download, 47mb: www.origin.com/download )

Once you have Origin installed, run it and log in with your Origin ID. (This will be the same as your EA account ID used in Medal of Honor.). In the Origin client, click the gear icon in the top menu bar, and then select "redeem product code".

Q: Is Origin required to play the Open Beta?
    A: Origin is not required to play on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. For PC, Origin will be used to distribute the Open Beta installation and run the game, and is therefore necessary to play.

Q: Where do I install Origin?
    A: www.origin.com/download

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:46 am

Loading the Beta now.

It's so nice to be able to 'work' from home.

Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:45 am

Lucky bastard!
    I checked my email this morning and hadn't received a email from EA. Crying or Very sad
    I just checked and I have the email now. But can't install until I get home.
    I hope to be on tonight

Let me know how long the download and install takes.
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:05 am

Mick, and anyone else that is getting into the Beta, let me know what your Origin ID is so I can add you to my friend list. My in-game name is Saturnicus.

Today and tomorrow is early entry if you pre-purchased the game, but on 9/29 everyone can get in free through October 10th.

If you don't have the Origin client already installed, do the following:
    Go here: http://www.origin.com/language and click your language.
    Click "Download Origin" to install the Origin client.
    Follow instructions given during the installation.

Trevor
    Trevor

Post by Trevor Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:17 pm

I'm in the beta now. My Origin ID is chanic. I sent you a friend request, Ross.
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:25 pm

It's open beta so anyone can play. All of you should try it to make sure your system can run the game.

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:25 pm

For instructions on how to play the Beta go here:
    http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/09/29/welcome-all-to-the-battlefield-3-open-beta.aspx

Beta ends on Oct 10th so hurry on to play it for free.

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:13 pm

FYI: Created a Platoon for us. It's called Strike Force Black (SFB). Smile

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:30 pm

Mick's been having trouble getting into the game. Something about his video card being incompatible. If your planning in playing you should try the Beta to see if it works for you. Would really suck if you bought the game and it turns out you can't even play it.

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:40 am

Mick, congrats on finally getting into the game. Based on the time you got the awards last night it looks like you were on until at least 2am? How's work going today? Smile

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:48 am

A quick presentation on how to use the new Battlefield Interface, BattleLog.
    When you play don't forget to join out platoon (Strike Force Black[SFB]) and add all of us as friends.

Ross - Saturnicus
    Mick - Spur29
    Trevor - chanic
    Chris (Mick's Friend) - javatango

Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:04 am

I was having video card issues due to out of date drivers.
    I finally got the correct drivers installed and was able to get into games but the computer would crash after 3-5 minutes of play.
    After reading the forums and poking around I notice most of my video card settings were set to max. This may have been over heating the PC.
    I set them down to the second lowest setting and was able to play 3 rounds without crashing. (about 50 min.)
    Mick
    Mick

Post by Mick Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:10 am

on until at least 2am? How's work going today?

Finally got it working around 1:00. Wanted to play until it crashed but it never did. Got too tied and went to bed.
    Very tired today. Going to a poker game at Stu's tonight, so it's going to be up late again.
    I may bring my laptop to show Stu and Damon BF3. But on second thought once Kobe see it he'll want to play on it.
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:04 pm

Just have his dad load it onto his computer. It's FREE.

Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ross Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Strike Force Black has 6 members now, and we went out and had a hell of a time last night.
    So far our SFB Platoon has these members:

Saturnus (me)
    Crysalia (Elizabeth, David's Wife)
    Tesshu (David)
    Darthdeo (David's Brother)
    JavaTango (Chris, Mick's friend)
    Chanic (Trevor)

I'm still waiting for Spur29 (Mick) to accept the invite to the Platoon. Maybe tonight.
    Anyone else going to play? Mick, is Damon and Scott going to try it?

Let me know your user names or email your signing up with and I'll invite you.
    So far the game is awesome, even though we are only playing one map.

Krystoff
    Krystoff

Post by Krystoff Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:18 pm

I added Ross, David, and Elizabeth. I couldn't find Chanic in the 127 results that were returned for chanic so I will wait for him to frind me (Nevinehtlatrom).

Chris

Trevor
    Trevor

Post by Trevor Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:14 pm

I added you the easy way. I waited for Ross to accept and then I found you through his friend list.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 am