Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Northwest Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics

» Adventure Logs - The Eastern Knights
What speed internet are signed up for? EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 3:51 pm by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - RIFTS
What speed internet are signed up for? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 5:04 pm by Teramotos

» Savage Rifts Advancement/Rank
What speed internet are signed up for? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:52 pm by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Shaelrick Adventures - PF2e
What speed internet are signed up for? EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 12:57 am by Teramotos

» Game On! Friday 8 March - Pathfinder 2e Newport Hills 6 PM
What speed internet are signed up for? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 6:29 am by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Wisdom Warriors of Newport - Beginner Series 4e
What speed internet are signed up for? EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 11:22 am by Teramotos

» Westron Information
What speed internet are signed up for? EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 12:47 pm by Teramotos

» PF2e AoO from movement
What speed internet are signed up for? EmptyTue Feb 20, 2024 5:01 pm by Ross

» PF2e Misc Rules
What speed internet are signed up for? EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 12:17 pm by Ross

March 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 801 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:27 pm

4 posters

What speed internet are signed up for?

jibuki
    jibuki

Number of posts : 509
    Registration date : 2009-01-01

What speed internet are signed up for? Empty What speed internet are signed up for?

Post by jibuki Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:27 pm

With the move to my new house, a change of internet providers is in order.

I will be leaving Clear as the service is spotty.
    Qwest DSL has a max of 1.5.
    Comcast
    Verizon and AT&T aren't available in my area...

Here's the new address. And yes it will soon be available to host(pretty much as soon as the d*** internet fixed.)

16424 21st AVE SW
    Burien, WA 98166
    Dwarmaj
    Dwarmaj

Number of posts : 5285
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

What speed internet are signed up for? Empty Re: What speed internet are signed up for?

Post by Dwarmaj Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:46 pm

I have Qwest DSL.

Cable is usually faster, but you share your bandwidth with your neighbors. The more of them on-line, the slower your speed will be.

DSL speed is guaranteed since its a direct connection from your house to their office.
    Krystoff
    Krystoff

Number of posts : 1675
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

What speed internet are signed up for? Empty Re: What speed internet are signed up for?

Post by Krystoff Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:23 pm

Qwest has a max of 1.5 meg DL? That seems very low. What is the price for that speed?

Comcast while it is slower with neighbors they usually have more than plenty of speed even when the neighbors are using it. I don't believe I ever got below 4 meg DL when I was using Comcast. That said I don't really like Comcast and their practice of new people promotions only.

I currently have Frontier (previously Verizon) FiOS and that works better for me for the same price. The DL/Upload is more stable where I am at and that made a huge difference in my VOIP phone quality.

Teramotos
    Teramotos

Number of posts : 4844
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by Teramotos Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:21 pm

At Newcastle, I had Qwest DSL and loved it. Always worked, very little lag. Switched to ComCast in October 2009 and the advertised speed was twice as fast but in reality, I was the last house on the Comcast line, furthest from the vault and sharing with eight other houses (all Comcast subscribers). This resulted in the internet not working 20% of the time or more and when it did work, it was pretty slow. Late at night, it sped up to faster than DSL, but only after like 9 PM.

At this house, paying for 3 DL but getting twice as fast as this time, the ComCast vault is on my property and I'm sharing with only five houses of which only two are Comcast subscribers. I'm the second of two houses. The internet is blazing fast now.

Sonya Morecut (Human Warlord) - SG1
    Whey Baker (Human Fighter) - SG1
    Archemedies - (Githyanki Artificer) - Slave Ship
    Alysa Redfield (Human Archer Warlord) - Dark Nights Rising

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am