Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics
November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

Ross

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Willas - Total To Hit

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Willas - Total To Hit on Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:08 am

Name, Willas Mcdrumond , Level 15
Human, Warlock
Eldritch Blast,Eldritch charisma
Ability Scores
Str.11, Con 12, Dex 11, Int. 18, Wis 9, Cha 24
Ac:26, Fort 22, Ref 26, will 29
Hit points 94, Surge value 23, surge number 7
Skills
Acrobatics 7 Arcana 6 athletics 7 Bluff 9, diplomacy 4, Dungeoneering 6, Endurance 8,Heal 6,history 6, Insight 11,Intimidate 4, Nature 6, Preception 6. Religion 6, stealth 7Streewise 4 thievery 7
Feats

Implement Expertise rod +1
Human Perseverance +1 saving throw
Improved Misty Step additional 2 sQuares of teleport
Mounted Combat
Arcane Initiate
Linguist
Agile Athlete
Defensive Mobility

At Will Powers

Dire Radiance
eldritch Blast
Eyebite
Misty Step
Warlocks Curse
Encounter Powers

Warlock Encounter 3 Otherwind stride
Warlock Encounter 7 Sign of Omen
Warlock Encounter 1 Ray of frost
Warlock Encounter 11 Will of the Feywild
Warlock Encounter 13 Bewitching whispers

Daily Power

Warlock Daily 1 Curse of the dark dream
Warlock Daily 5 Crown of madness
Warlock daily 9Thief of five fates

Utility Powers

Warlock Utility 2 Fiendish Resilience
Warlock Utility 6 dark one's own luck
Warlock Utility 10 Shielding shades
Warlock Utility 12 Twilight Teleport

Items
Adventure's Kit, Rod of starlight +3 off hand, implement rod off hand,Legendmaker Leather Armor +3,Shroud of Ravens +3

Wish list
Wand of fiery bolt +3 level 13
Goggles of night Level 14
cloak of resistance level 12
amulet of protection +3 level 11

View user profile

2 Re: Willas - Total To Hit on Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:33 am

Kevin, I don't play spell casters much, but it seems like something got messed up with the CB for Willas, his to hit should be quite a bit higher than +15. I just leveled Nekk up to 17th and he is +22 to hit and I'm really not a min/max'er like some others in the game. Here's breakdown for Nekk so you can double check Willas in the CB to make sure everything is as it should be...

+8 for half your level
+3 for his +3 Flail, you're using a +3 Rod (an ordinary +4 Rod is a 16th level item so you might consider upgrading to a +4 Rod with a power for your 19th level item you just got)
+6 for Strength of 22, you should be +7 as your build says your CHA is 24 (not 19)

+2 for weapon Expertise (flail) - you get +2 for Implement Expertise Rod
+1 for weapon Talent Fighter - you may get +1 for the Warlock feature "Prime Shot" if you're close enough to your target.
+2 proficient bonus (I don't think Warlocks has anything similar)

...therefore, w/o trying too hard, you should be at +20 to hit (+21 if you get prime shot) by making sure your ability scores are correct and your rod is equiped.

Feat - Reckless Curse can give you +1 to hit cursed targets (but they get a bonus to hit you), Primed Curse can boost Prime Shot to +2 to hit from +1 to hit,

For damage, s/b +7 for CHA, +3 or 4 for the Rod, that's w/o any special feats and such, so instead of +8, at a minimum you should be doing +11. Feat Empowering Shadows can give +1 damage as long as you keep moving your three squares, Brutal Curse allows you to reroll any "1"s on you d6 for curse damage.

I'm sure some of the other guys (read Ken) might have some suggestions. If you need any help with the CB, post on the boards... cheers, glad the new job is working out for you.

View user profile

3 Re: Willas - Total To Hit on Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:20 pm

Ross

Admin
So Kevin, do you have healing? I notice you have a Legendmaker Leather Armor +3, which has a property for the healing Majestic Word power. However, i don't see the bard class feat. Or do you just have it for the daily?

Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

4 Re: Willas - Total To Hit on Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:34 am

Kevin, you may want to take a look at the Warlock build guide at WotC:Power of the Dark Side

They give lots of tips/tricks on how to build and play a warlock.

Warlocks aren't the easiest class to play since you have to spends actions to curse and move to increase your damage and defenses. You also have to watch our power/feat selections.

Taking powers and feats for RP reasons is ok, but those situations should come up fairly often or there are probably better alternatives.

Not trying to rip your character apart, but...

Your feats:
Implement Expertise rod +1 (Versatile expertise does the same thing but you get to choose two weapons/implements)

Human Perseverance +1 saving throw (OK, but how often will you need to make a save)

Improved Misty Step additional 2 sQuares of teleport (You have to remember to use it. This only comes up when an enemy you cursed is killed and you use your Mist Stop power. I don't think Willas used it once last battle)

Mounted Combat (Not very useful for a implement wielding warlock)

Arcane Initiate (Is there a reason you multiclassed into Wizard? Usually you multiclass to pick up a power from another class or to qualify for a paragon path.)

Linguist (good for RP, doesn't come up often enough to be useful. Also there are cheap items you can buy that are actually better than the feat.)

Agile Athlete (are you planning on making a lot of acrobatics and athletics checks? Your warlock isn't Str/Dex based and you may want to focus on increasing your teleport range, then you may not even need to roll these checks)

Defensive Mobility (Only comes into play when you're provoking AoO due to movement. As a high level warlock you should be teleporting around which doesn't provoke AoO)

One last thing...
As a Charlock (charisma based warlock) you shouldn't take powers that use Con as their attack stat. All of your powers should be Charisma based.

View user profile

5 Re: Willas - Total To Hit on Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:44 am

DoH, what-cha talking about!

View user profile

6 Re: Willas - Total To Hit on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:26 am

Dwarmaj wrote:
One last thing...
As a Charlock (charisma based warlock) you shouldn't take powers that use Con as their attack stat. All of your powers should be Charisma based.

I'd say this should be the first thing...

After TKD some week, you should get together with Stu & remake your PC and discuss battle strategies. I think you can have a LOT more fun with him if you optimize him and get to know his abilities. Warlocks have some cool abilities that you never used. (I try to never have any encounter powers left after each battle.)

Plus, Princess Aowin loves a man (HU-man) that's mighty in battle. (Especially against those hated Orcs!)

View user profile

7 Re: Willas - Total To Hit on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:38 am

...did Brad just suggest to someone to "optimize"??? Shocked
OMG, maybe the world is going to end...

View user profile

8 Re: Willas - Total To Hit on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:47 am

get to know his abilities
Shouldn't this be expected from each player before attending a session?

View user profile

9 Re: Willas - Total To Hit on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:49 am

Teramotos wrote:...did Brad just suggest to someone to "optimize"??? Shocked
OMG, maybe the world is going to end...

What... you mean none of the rest of you would choose "low crawl" for your 6th level feat?? Surprised

View user profile

10 Re: Willas - Total To Hit on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:42 pm

bradly wrote:
What... you mean none of the rest of you would choose "low crawl" for your 6th level feat?? Surprised

Hmmm, Generally don't plan on being prone enough to want to shift while prone.

It saves you a move action so you don't have to stand then shift, but enemies will still have combat advantage on you for melee attacks.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum