Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

July 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game On Saturday Night Nov 6th - The Dragon Wars

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Starting a fresh tread...from the prior thread, Chris is out, Ken, Kevin, Trevor, and Brad can all make Friday the 5th. Mickey is 80% and I'll go ahead and raise my percentage to 80% (arrive late at 8:00). Haven't heard from Ross and I suspect Ibuki is busy that evening. Need a location. Kevin, keep the trees, cork board and mat; I'll drop the figures off at your dad's sometime before game day so you can bring them with you.

Only Trevor, and Brad indicated they could make Saturday w Ken saying he could make it in the evening so that day looks out.

Campaign recap for Kevin & refresher for everyone else...

The PCs started out at 1st level thru 10th up North (in Stu's campaign), then settled South to the coast from 11th to present (16th) to the Dragonborn Kingdom's Royal City.

The Dragonborn, per the PHB, are a landless, scattered people, having been all but wiped out heroicly defending the world against the Teifling empire's war of world domination a millenia ago.

Per the campaign, Tiamat & Bahamut themselves declared a truce and united to re-establish a Dragonborn kingdom through powerful divine rituals. All the Dragonbon in the world feel the irresistable pull of 'Sukenra' and like migrating salmon feel compelled to travel to the Royal City.

To establish the new Dragonborn Kingdom, the divine calling also compelled 1 Ancient Dragon of every chromatic and metalic color. With such allies, the hordes of Orc who formerly occupied these lands ceded the lands not only without a fight, but politely and quickly, signing into a trilateral treaty between the Dragonborn, the Orc, and the Human Horselords for territory.

The Dragonborn Kingdom is in the shape of a triangle wedging in between the Orc lands to the NW, the Horselords to the NE, Elven forests lining the N of them, and Corona Keep where the PCs 'grew up' just N of the Elven forest.

The calling of Sukenra also attracted many nearby random Dragons as well, and all the Dragons by divine decree were playing nice and abiding by the rule of King Komodo & Queen Monatore, which made all of their decrees pass without challenge, even by the extremely powerful wizard & Royal Advisor, Jafar, who felt cheated by the Gods that he was not tapped to rule the new Kingdom.

During the Queen's birthday and official inaguration ceremony for the Kingdom, the followers of Tiamat sparked a takeover attempt for the rule. Thwarted of course by the PCs, who with a sentient divine armor, hijacked the Tiamat cultist ritual to teleport back to their lairs ALL the Ancient Dragons (not just the Metalic Ancient Dragons).

Since that day, the pull of Sukenra ended, most all the other Dragons returned to their lair and are no longer playing nice or compelled to heed the King & Queen, and the PCs have been helping the King & Queen with missions and defending the considerably more vulnerable Kingdom.

Fastforward from 11th level to present (16th)...

The PCs, friends of the King & Queen, just helped them both honor the trilateral treaty and march to war to save the Human neighbors. King Komodo, upon the PCs impressive aerial arrival, appointted the PCs the top ranking 'Royal Guard' before a crowded assembly in the Royal courtyard.

King Komodo charged the Royal Guard to fly East & West to rally the Kingdom North to the Orc & war.

**next adventure setup (campaign summary over)**

Following the King's command, the party splits up & flies E & W with royal decrees in hand and proclamations of war, charged with rallying the citizenry of the Kingdom outside the Royal City. As the RG travels from settlement to settlement, each Dragonborn family, young & old, male & female, immediately and eagerly gear up and travel N to the rondevous spot.

(Surveying the land as such, the PCs also discover many Dragons didn't travel home as thought...)

Upon everyone gathering at the spot, King Komodo learns the exiled Jafar & his ally the Red Dragon Ember have settled in at the PCs old home, Corona Keep. Since he's too much for the common troops, as is the Orc King, King Obould (a Lich), King Komodo & Queen Monatore went after Jafar & Ember, the City Gaurd organzed the Dragonborn militia to fight the Orc hordes, and the Royal Guard speeds NE hot on the trail of the Orc Lich-King Obould.

The party member with the highest perception sees a marching Orc squad brandishing the flags of King Obould ahead...

Last edited by Teramotos on Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

Ross

Admin
I'm out for Friday. I think Mick might be out as well.

Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude
...well, now Friday's not looking so good.

View user profile

Ross

Admin
Disney on Ice that evening, and the Woo's are coming with us. I can do Saturday, day or evening.

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
Doh, is that what night we are going to that.
Looks like my 80% > to 0%.

View user profile

Ross

Admin
Can anyone else do Saturday?

The kids have a tournament on the 6th (regional tournement). Earliest I could play would be 6pm.

View user profile
I'm open that weekend... Sun works for me too.

View user profile
I can do Saturday evening (which is better for me than Friday evening), Kevin, how about you?

View user profile
I am out of commission for the next several weeks, probably near Thanksgiving.

View user profile
Brad has the figures for the game on Saturday night.

View user profile

Ross

Admin
So who do we have for Saturday Night?

I'm in for Saturday evening, where will the game be at?

View user profile
Dwarmaj wrote:I'm in for Saturday evening, where will the game be at?

So far this Sat looks like me, Ken, Ross, & Stu for a 6pm start. Ideal if we can get 1 more...

We can play at my place (I have a big office that would work well... no cats), but I'm open for anywhere. I have an office fridge for drinks etc, but we'd need to use my apt for potty breaks etc, so those with cat allergies may be slightly affected at my place.

Also, my job isn't very demanding so running 2 campaigns while we start up 1 & wind down the other isn't a problem for me... As soon as you guys have your builds & want to start, I'm eager to start the 'Buffy-verse' campaign...

View user profile

Ross

Admin
My place is also available Saturday.

...I'm unsure I could come up with a new build (let alone be sure what role I really want to take) for the Buffy verse series, by this Saturday. Probably best if we did the Dragon series...

View user profile
Wait wait, what's this about a "Buffy-verse"?

View user profile
Trevor wrote:Wait wait, what's this about a "Buffy-verse"?

I'm looking to start a new campaign around Vampires. It came up when the Online campaign ended, but we haven't started it yet. On the In-Game Banter board & the PP&T there are threads about the new campaign, Q&A about the setting, discussions about party mix & player builds...

View user profile
ok I'm in for saturday.

View user profile

Ross

Admin
So we doing it at my place or Brad's?

Ross wrote:So we doing it at my place or Brad's?

Either is fine with me. Anyone have a strong preference?

Btw, it's been a long while since the last adventure... please feel free to remind me of what you had on your wishlists...

View user profile
bradly wrote:Btw, it's been a long while since the last adventure... please feel free to remind me of what you had on your wishlists...

Are you going to keep running the Dragonborn campaign until its conclusion or will you be running the new one soon?

I'd prefer we finished one before starting the next.

View user profile

Ross

Admin
I agree. Finish the Dragon adventure first.

...agree, finish one before starting another.

View user profile
Fine with me, I'm liking both campaigns. But I hope we start playing more often since I'm eager to start the Buffy-verse one too!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum