Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Minos Chariot Race

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: The Minos Chariot Race on Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:29 pm

Ross

Admin
Crossing the finish line. Prizes go to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner. Their win is also celebrated at a huge banquet that evening.

Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

27 Re: The Minos Chariot Race on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm

Couple more questions...

Can you charge while on a chariot? You can charge while mounted on a horse, but then you're also the driver.

You mentioned that if you fall off you take damage based on the speed or movement of the chariot. What if you teleport off?

If a wizard put a damaging affect in front of another chariot (Stinking Cloud, Wall of Fire, Wall of Ice...) and the opponents moved through it, would the wizard be penalized for damaging the horses? They didn't have to drive through the affect...

View user profile

28 Re: The Minos Chariot Race on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:06 pm

Teramotos wrote:So, is it:

Ken and Brad,
Mickey and Chris,
Kevin and Trevor?

Camella Ann: "Whatever strategy we come up with, I hope it includes Team Hottie coming in first!" Very Happy "...Does anyone have a strategy?"

View user profile

29 Re: The Minos Chariot Race on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:23 pm

For there to be a "win", do both the driver and the passenger have to be in the chariot and alive when they cross the finish line? In other words, if only the driver is alive and crosses with one horse and a badly damaged chariot, does he win? If his passenger is alive but back on the course somewhere, does he then lose? If the chariot is destroyed, I assume the two can't just mount the horses and ride across the finish line, right?

View user profile

30 Re: The Minos Chariot Race on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:13 pm

Ross

Admin
Can you charge while on a chariot? You can charge while mounted on a horse, but then you're also the driver. No, you cannot charge in a vehicle.

You mentioned that if you fall off you take damage based on the speed or movement of the chariot. What if you teleport off? Teleporting is fine.

If a wizard put a damaging affect in front of another chariot (Stinking Cloud, Wall of Fire, Wall of Ice...) and the opponents moved through it, would the wizard be penalized for damaging the horses? They didn't have to drive through the affect... From what you've been told it sounds like the Referee's will have the final say, and it will be from their point of view.

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.

31 Re: The Minos Chariot Race on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Ross

Admin
Teramotos wrote:For there to be a "win", do both the driver and the passenger have to be in the chariot and alive when they cross the finish line? In other words, if only the driver is alive and crosses with one horse and a badly damaged chariot, does he win? If his passenger is alive but back on the course somewhere, does he then lose? If the chariot is destroyed, I assume the two can't just mount the horses and ride across the finish line, right?

To win, the Chariot has to be cross the finish line, and any surviving passengers must be in it. If a surviving passenger is left on the track, and does not finish, your chariot is disqualified. If a dead passenger is left on the track he does not have to be in the chariot when it crosses the finish line. Xera is quick to tease that it behooves you to suicide if your partner is close to winning and your stranded. We can always attempt to recover your body and resurrect you later.

32 Re: The Minos Chariot Race on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:59 am

OK so it appears that we can attack other players and vehicles at will but not the horses unless it is with a status effect.

Once we get into our chariots can we modify them in any way? IE can we try to put plating on them to stop attacks, change something out if it gets broken, etc?

Can we defend against incoming attacks on the chariot?

Are there any rules for running?

Are our own horses considered our allies? Can we make nature checks to get them to be an ally if they aren't?

View user profile

33 Re: The Minos Chariot Race on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:16 am

Ross

Admin
Krystoff wrote:OK so it appears that we can attack other players and vehicles at will but not the horses unless it is with a status effect.

Once we get into our chariots can we modify them in any way? IE can we try to put plating on them to stop attacks, change something out if it gets broken, etc? Yes, just not before you race. You can even stop somewhere and get out and work on it.

Can we defend against incoming attacks on the chariot? Of course.

Are there any rules for running? You may run if you want, but you must be in the chariot when you cross the finish line.

Are our own horses considered our allies? Can we make nature checks to get them to be an ally if they aren't?
Yes, they are considered your allies.

34 Re: The Minos Chariot Race on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:55 am

For running I meant can we run the horses. The drive action is a move action but it doesn't say anything about moving the horses quicker.

View user profile

35 Re: The Minos Chariot Race on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:29 am

Man, as a two-weapon fighter that uses a double weapon I think I am gonna be in trouble when it's my turn to drive. I guess I'll have to load up on handaxes just so I have something to throw at enemies. Unless of course having a dwarven thrower Urgrosh counts as single-handed weapon for the purpose of throws? Neutral

View user profile

36 Re: The Minos Chariot Race on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:11 am

Ross

Admin
Krystoff wrote:For running I meant can we run the horses. The drive action is a move action but it doesn't say anything about moving the horses quicker.

No,the horses attached to the chariots cannot run.

37 Re: The Minos Chariot Race on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:34 am

Ross wrote:
Krystoff wrote:OK so it appears that we can attack other players and vehicles at will but not the horses unless it is with a status effect.

Once we get into our chariots can we modify them in any way? IE can we try to put plating on them to stop attacks, change something out if it gets broken, etc? Yes, just not before you race. You can even stop somewhere and get out and work on it.

Can we defend against incoming attacks on the chariot? Of course.

Are there any rules for running? You may run if you want, but you must be in the chariot when you cross the finish line.

Yes, they are considered your allies.

Hmm, maybe we should outfit our horses with horshoes of speed (lvl 3 item +1base move) or other items.

Thought about getting a obsidian steed as a backup horse.

Do we have a ritual caster in the party? I don't think the teleportation/portal rituals would be allowed, but there are several others that may come in handy.

View user profile

38 Re: The Minos Chariot Race on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:17 pm

Ken figured out one of my possible strategies which means Ross probably did as well =) Yes I was thinking of Horseshoes of speed to be faster and there are several other items that I would like to check through. I believe there might be some reins that could help. I also want to purchase some non magical items that could really help if it comes down to actual racing instead of disabling/attacking.

I was also thinking of someway to get a crate or other object that would count as an object for the purposes of crashing but I believe you would need something like a portable hole to hold it. Maybe tenser's floating disc.

Stu is an artificer so he might have ritual caster.

View user profile

39 Re: The Minos Chariot Race on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:01 pm

Ross

Admin
Stu might, but he's not going to be there.

Yes, you can purchase magical items to put on your horse, however, your not allowed to put them on until after the race begins. The race begins with your team rushing to your chariot.

40 Re: The Minos Chariot Race on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:40 pm

How will the chariots be classified in terms of powers that slide enemies or allies?

View user profile

41 Re: The Minos Chariot Race on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Attacking objects is a but fuzzy in the rules.

In the Character Builder Melee Basic Attack has "One Creature" listed as the target. Can you MBA an object like a vehichle?

View user profile

42 Re: The Minos Chariot Race on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:42 pm

Ross

Admin
Target [Addition]
Player’s Handbook, page 57
Add the following sentences to the end of the first paragraph: “Some powers include objects as targets. At the DM’s discretion, a power that targets a creature can also target an object, whether or not the power lists an object as a potential target.”

I'm going to say you can use any attack power on objects, however, you cannot use said power to do anything else but do damage. So you can't target a rock to trigger a healing power, or anything else. The power is strictly used to inflict damage upon the object. Also, you have to choose objects or creatures, you can't use the power to target both. I might make some discretionary decisions at the table as well, to prevent abuse.

43 Re: The Minos Chariot Race on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:48 pm

Ross wrote:Target [Addition]
Player’s Handbook, page 57
Add the following sentences to the end of the first paragraph: “Some powers include objects as targets. At the DM’s discretion, a power that targets a creature can also target an object, whether or not the power lists an object as a potential target.”

I'm going to say you can use any attack power on objects, however, you cannot use said power to do anything else but do damage. So you can't target a rock to trigger a healing power, or anything else. The power is strictly used to inflict damage upon the object. Also, you have to choose objects or creatures, you can't use the power to target both. I might make some discretionary decisions at the table as well, to prevent abuse.

What about a melee power that does damage and then has a push/slide affect? Would the push/slide still work if you hit?

View user profile

44 Re: The Minos Chariot Race on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:53 pm

Ross

Admin
If it specifies it works on objects I'll let it work.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum