Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

July Errata

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 July Errata on Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:21 pm

July Errata can be found here: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/UpdateJuly2010.pdf


One notable change was to Magic Missile:

Magic Missile Wizard Attack 1
You launch a silvery bolt of force at an enemy.
At-Will ✦ Arcane, Force, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 20
Target: One creature

Effect: 2 + Intelligence modifier force damage.
Level 11: 3 + Intelligence modifier force damage.
Level 21: 5 + Intelligence modifier force damage.
Special: If the implement used with this power has an
enhancement bonus, add that bonus to the damage. In
addition, you can use this power as a ranged basic attack.


According to this Magic Missile is now an Auto Hit and does 2+Int damage. For Miri in the online game it does 2+5 (int) + 2 (staff) =9hp of damage.

View user profile

2 Re: July Errata on Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:27 pm

Hmm...


It looks like Wizards Escape is now a Daily power.


I don't think Miri faired very well with the latest update.

View user profile

3 Re: July Errata on Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:18 am

hmm... MM is a little bit weaker I think, average of 9 damage per hit v. 12 damage, but never missing is worth something. WE is way weaker now though... encounter to daily is a big difference. I'll probably swap that one out next extended rest (assuming we get to advance). Crying or Very sad

View user profile

4 Re: July Errata on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:19 am


9 vs 12 damage in exchange for auto hit is well worth it. If you are hitting more than 75% of the time, then you're losing out, but I can't recall the last monsters we fought where we only needed a "5" to hit.

View user profile

5 Re: July Errata on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:16 am

Teramotos wrote:
9 vs 12 damage in exchange for auto hit is well worth it. If you are hitting more than 75% of the time, then you're losing out, but I can't recall the last monsters we fought where we only needed a "5" to hit.

Yeah, even against Ref. It's even smaller difference when you consider that Ken & I forgot the +2 damage from bracers, plus a possible +2 again from AR feat, but it's even larger again too since auto hits can't critical. I wouldn't say 'well worth it', but closer to a wash.

Wizard's Escape sucks now. Oh well. It did seem a little powerful, but less so when I learned it only applied to melee attacks. I'll swap that out next rest. Say, since it was an encounter power when I used it earlier, and now it's a daily, is it fair that I get 1 more daily use of that power this day?

View user profile

6 Re: July Errata on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:17 am

bradly wrote:hmm... MM is a little bit weaker I think, average of 9 damage per hit v. 12 damage, but never missing is worth something. WE is way weaker now though... encounter to daily is a big difference. I'll probably swap that one out next extended rest (assuming we get to advance). Crying or Very sad

I was going to keep Miri the same for the current encounter. Then put in the Magic Missile change afterwards. You can swap out Wizards Escape at your next rest if you like.

Having three interrupts each encounter is pretty powerful, though I don't think you got to use it more than a couple of times.

View user profile

7 Re: July Errata on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:19 am

bradly wrote:Say, since it was an encounter power when I used it earlier, and now it's a daily, is it fair that I get 1 more daily use of that power this day?

It'll stay as an encounter power until the current encounter is over.

So yes, you have one use of it left.

View user profile

8 Re: July Errata on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:21 am

Dwarmaj wrote:Having three interrupts each encounter is pretty powerful, though I don't think you got to use it more than a couple of times.

Yes & no. Most encounters I don't expend all 3, but it does help you play braver knowing that you have them if needed (& lots).

View user profile

9 Re: July Errata on Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:35 pm

I don't where the discussion on the change to MM is but if you want me to go find it I can. Basically the big change is that it isn't an attack anymore. Strange eh? If I remember right, even though you can use it as ranged basic attack it doesn't have an attack line and you don't roll anything so it isn't actually an attack. Therefore there are a number of items that you can't use with it anymore that specifically say add damage for an attack. In higher level play this makes it weaker than it previously was since you can't stack as much extra damage anymore.

bradly wrote:
Teramotos wrote:
9 vs 12 damage in exchange for auto hit is well worth it. If you are hitting more than 75% of the time, then you're losing out, but I can't recall the last monsters we fought where we only needed a "5" to hit.

Yeah, even against Ref. It's even smaller difference when you consider that Ken & I forgot the +2 damage from bracers, plus a possible +2 again from AR feat, but it's even larger again too since auto hits can't critical. I wouldn't say 'well worth it', but closer to a wash.

Wizard's Escape sucks now. Oh well. It did seem a little powerful, but less so when I learned it only applied to melee attacks. I'll swap that out next rest. Say, since it was an encounter power when I used it earlier, and now it's a daily, is it fair that I get 1 more daily use of that power this day?

View user profile

10 Re: July Errata on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Krystoff wrote:I don't where the discussion on the change to MM is but if you want me to go find it I can. Basically the big change is that it isn't an attack anymore. Strange eh? If I remember right, even though you can use it as ranged basic attack it doesn't have an attack line and you don't roll anything so it isn't actually an attack.

Bracers of Perfect Shot:

property: When you hit with a ranged basic attack, you gain a +2 item bonus to the damage roll.

It actually doesn't say, "when you roll a hit", just when you hit. If this item no longer works, I don't think they re-worded the errata very well.

View user profile

11 Re: July Errata on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:52 pm

It says, Wizard Attack (ATTACK) 1. and it has a target...

View user profile

12 Re: July Errata on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:22 pm

Teramotos wrote:It says, Wizard Attack (ATTACK) 1. and it has a target...

But you don't roll an attack or damage dice. Items that grant bonuses only add when a dice is rolled for damage. There are several powers that do either auto damage or continual damage and items don't work for them to increase damage.

View user profile

13 Re: July Errata on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Here is a thread on the CharOp forums discussing a new ruling from Wizards. Apparently MM is an attack power however it is still as convoluted as ever since it doesn't have a hit or damage roll so lots of feats, powers, and items don't work with it.

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/25804773/Magic_missle_is_an_attack.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum