Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics
» 4.0 Meeting Fri Dec 15th - GAME On!
Yesterday at 8:27 am by Teramotos

» Axis and Allies - Optional Unit Rules
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:15 am by Teramotos

» Rainbow Warriors Planet Ember - Magic Item Count - Adventure Notes
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:08 pm by Teramotos

» Prophecy of the Rainbow Warriors - Adventure Logs
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:04 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! 4.0 Meeting Friday Dec 1st Newport Hills
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 am by bradly

» Next 4.0 Meeting Late Nov/ all Dec
Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:17 am by Teramotos

» Stargate...
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:14 am by Dwarmaj

» Friday, Nov 17th
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:16 am by Teramotos

» Epic item tade in: would a figurine be game breaking?
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:12 pm by Ross

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Into the darkness...

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 18]

1 Into the darkness... on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:43 am

Current party status:
Kaddim 46/79hp with 8/11 surges 2AP
Miri 58/58hp with 8/9 surges 1AP
Sonya 58/66hp with 3/9 surges 2AP
Candelos 78/78hp with 10/14 surges 1AP
Thia 65/65hp with 0/7 surges 1AP



The party moves to the door to the west and examines it.

Thia notes that the door is somehow connected to the door to the southeast where the coffins are. The west door only opens if the SE door is open.

Opening the door to the west the party sees a dark corridor heading west.

The sunrod Sonya has has burned out.

Miri casts a light into the corridor and the party can see a door leading west. The corridor continues to the north.





What does the party wish to do?

View user profile

2 Re: Into the darkness... on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:52 am

Kaddim didn't use a surge during the rest?

Move down the hallway, light a torch and hold it in the light shield hand. Move to the intersection and see what we can see.

View user profile

3 Re: Into the darkness... on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:13 am

Teramotos wrote:Kaddim didn't use a surge during the rest?

I didn't see a post where he want to use any...


Teramotos wrote:
Move down the hallway, light a torch and hold it in the light shield hand. Move to the intersection and see what we can see.

The party moves west to the corner. Using just the tourch light you can see 5 squares and can tell the corridor continues to the north.

Miri recasts light to the north and the party can now see a set of double doors to the north about 50' ahead.





Do you want to head west or north?

View user profile

4 Re: Into the darkness... on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:33 am

I'd prefer west. Don't like having uncleared rooms behind us for monsters to flank us.

View user profile

5 Re: Into the darkness... on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:21 am

Agree w Candelos, West

View user profile

6 Re: Into the darkness... on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:11 pm

Teramotos wrote:Kaddim didn't use a surge during the rest?

Ross, let me know if you wanted Kaddim to use a surge or not...

View user profile

7 Re: Into the darkness... on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:47 pm

The party checks the west door and neither Thia nor Candelos detect any traps.


Opening the door you can see a large dark room. There are four large sized statues in the room that give off an erie glow.


The air feels electrified here, as if magical energy flows through the walls and floor, along the rows of pillars, and out from the enormous statues that glow slightly in each corner of the room.

The statues look like:
NW - a lich
NE - a death knight
SW - a mummy
SE - a vampire

The party can also see a series of pillars that seem to boarder the statues.

Sonya's light source enters the room but does not penetrate the small pillars (the light doesn't make that section of the room brighter).





How does the party want to proceed?

View user profile

8 Re: Into the darkness... on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:36 pm

Well guys, enter? If we bypass, they may attack from behind.
Toss torch into the middle of the room. Take out second Sunrod from Adventurer's kit.

View user profile

9 Re: Into the darkness... on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:35 pm

Teramotos wrote:Toss torch into the middle of the room. Take out second Sunrod from Adventurer's kit.


The light from the torch only illuminates the interior.


Basically, this is what you see with a light source in the center of the room
:

View user profile

10 Re: Into the darkness... on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:36 pm

Note: the "small" pillars don't take up the whole square so you can move into those squares.

The squares with the pillars are considered difficult terrain and provide cover.

View user profile

11 Re: Into the darkness... on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:42 pm


"Candelos, if Thia gets wounded, you'll have to heal her with your divine powers, try to stay (within 5 squares) close to her."

Chris, remember if you use an AP, you get 9 hits back if you can see me.

View user profile

12 Re: Into the darkness... on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:How does the party want to proceed?

'Proceed' is kind of a leading question... Miri wants to 'receed'...

Miri: "Uh, guys, is there any other passages we want to explore? We can come back to this one when we're all fully rested..."

View user profile

13 Re: Into the darkness... on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:15 pm

I agree, this room layout is bad news.
I'd rather they back door us in an area more friendly to us.

View user profile

14 Re: Into the darkness... on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:20 pm

let's try north then...

View user profile

15 Re: Into the darkness... on Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:58 am

Mick wrote:I agree, this room layout is bad news.
I'd rather they back door us in an area more friendly to us.

Vyrellis to Candelos...
Are you sure...

The deeper we go the more difficult the opponants seem to be. If you move north and attack and whatever creatures to the west come out there will be no escape route.

View user profile

16 Re: Into the darkness... on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:15 am

Dwarmaj wrote:Vyrellis to Candelos...
Are you sure...

(Darn her!)

Miri will switch places with Candelos, then

Kaddim & Miri try an arcana check to determine information about the barriers (aiding another to higher bonus)

Assuming the baddies stay un-awakened while we're outside the room here, Miri will then attempt to cast a 'Magic Circle' ritual.

View user profile

17 Re: Into the darkness... on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:42 am

bradly wrote:
(Darn her!)

She doesn't want to see a TPK any more than the PCs do...



bradly wrote:
Kaddim & Miri try an arcana check to determine information about the barriers (aiding another to higher bonus)

Kaddim and Miri can tell that the barrier is generated by the statues. The barrier seems to block all light from entering or leaving the area protected by the barrier. You're not sure what will happen to a light source in the area.


bradly wrote:
Assuming the baddies stay un-awakened while we're outside the room here, Miri will then attempt to cast a 'Magic Circle' ritual.

Miri can hear slight movement in the room near the SE statue.


Do you keep the door open why you cast Magic Circle?

Notes:
Magic Circle takes an hour to cast and doesn't hinder undead.

The ritual states that you choose (aberrant, elemental, fey, immortal, natural, shadow, or all). I take "or all" to mean those previously mentioned.

View user profile

18 Re: Into the darkness... on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:22 am

I don't think the magic circle will do us any good.

View user profile

19 Re: Into the darkness... on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:16 pm

Teramotos wrote:I don't think the magic circle will do us any good.

Argh! I was going off memory (from 3.x I think).

Does anyone have a ritual that will help us? That seemed to be the best one that Miri knows...

View user profile

20 Re: Into the darkness... on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:32 pm

I THINK WERE IN FOR A LOT BLIND FIGHTING
Maybe One-mind-0ne body will help coordinate or atack.
This way if someone feels something we should know if it's a friendly or an enemy.

View user profile

21 Re: Into the darkness... on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:43 pm


...we can do like the ninja sometimes did. We all take our clothes off and go in with just our weapons. Anyone you feel who is wearing clothes is the enemy. Laughing

View user profile

22 Re: Into the darkness... on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:22 pm

What's the plan?

Will Candelos cast OHOM?

Any creatures in the room are definetly aware of the party.

I'll roll initiative as soon as the first PC enters the room.

View user profile

23 Re: Into the darkness... on Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:12 pm

I don't we should enter more than one dark area at a time.

View user profile

24 Re: Into the darkness... on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:03 pm

Let's start with the bottom right and go CCW then.

View user profile

25 Re: Into the darkness... on Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Thia is fine with that plan

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 18]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum