Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics
» 4.0 Meeting Fri Dec 15th - GAME On!
Yesterday at 8:27 am by Teramotos

» Axis and Allies - Optional Unit Rules
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:15 am by Teramotos

» Rainbow Warriors Planet Ember - Magic Item Count - Adventure Notes
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:08 pm by Teramotos

» Prophecy of the Rainbow Warriors - Adventure Logs
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:04 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! 4.0 Meeting Friday Dec 1st Newport Hills
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 am by bradly

» Next 4.0 Meeting Late Nov/ all Dec
Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:17 am by Teramotos

» Stargate...
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:14 am by Dwarmaj

» Friday, Nov 17th
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:16 am by Teramotos

» Epic item tade in: would a figurine be game breaking?
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:12 pm by Ross

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heading south

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 15]

1 Heading south on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:51 pm

After the rest the party decides to head south past the masks.

The party comes to a door which Thia easily unlocks. Listening doesn't reveal anything and the party opens the door.

You see a room with two doors to the leading south, one to the southeast and one to the southwest.

What does the party wish to do?


View user profile

2 Re: Heading south on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Check a little to the east to see if there's a door just out of view, also heading south. If there is, we should check and listen at both; the west one, then the east one.

View user profile

3 Re: Heading south on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:57 pm

Yes, there is a door to the east heading south and one to the west heading south. Listening at either reveals nothing.

How do you proceed?

Neither door is locked and Thia doesn't detect any traps on the doors.

View user profile

4 Re: Heading south on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:13 pm

The hallways look narrow. I suspect they may lead to the same place, with the party's agreement, I say we open the west one first and have one or two party members near the east one to perhaps attack any enemies from a second direction. Candelos, Kaddim, and Miri to the West and maybe Sonya and Thia to the East?

View user profile

5 Re: Heading south on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:05 pm

Teramotos wrote:The hallways look narrow. I suspect they may lead to the same place...

"A girl with a plan... I love it!"

(taking both by the arm...) "Me & the boys are this way? Be sure you girls talk shoes... (To Thia:) I want to know what you think. I loved them, but somehow they just weren't 'Me'..." <metagame: item stacking error discovered>

View user profile

6 Re: Heading south on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:45 am

The party opens the doors and see a room with two statues of orcs in the room. The orcs are posed with weapons drawn and raised. You watch them carefully for several seconds and don't see them move.




From the south you can hear heavy breathing...

PC initiative order is:
Kaddim, Thia, Miri, Candelos, then Sonya

View user profile

7 Re: Heading south on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:50 am

Notes:
The room looks like it extends farther to the south from where Candelos is, but it gets too dark to see anything.
Sonya sees a wall to her south.

View user profile

8 Re: Heading south on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:42 pm

Ross

avatar
Admin
Enter room to see around the corner. What I see will dictate my next actions.


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

9 Re: Heading south on Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Ross wrote:Enter room to see around the corner. What I see will dictate my next actions.

Kaddim's turn:
Move: Kaddim moves forward to look around the corner. Moving forward also reveals what lies to the south...



Kaddim sees a third statue, this one is a tiefling warrior and seems to be fighting the orcs.

To the south Kaddim can see a large ogre with a flail. He turns toward you and you notice that his face is badly scared and that he doesn't have eyes.
Kaddim has 3 move, a minor and standard action remaining.

View user profile

10 Re: Heading south on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:00 am

Ross

avatar
Admin
Move: continue movement towards him.
Minor: Attempt to is Aegis of Shielding on Closest orc
Standard: If Aegis works then attack orc using Booming Blade, otherwise charge ogre using Foesnare.


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

11 Re: Heading south on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:26 am

Ross wrote:Move: continue movement towards him.
Minor: Attempt to is Aegis of Shielding on Closest orc
Standard: If Aegis works then attack orc using Booming Blade, otherwise charge ogre using Foesnare.

Kaddim's turn (cont):
Move: move adjacent to the orc statue
Minor: attempt to use Aegis of Shielding on it (successful)
Standard: use Booming Blade on the orc statue
BB 25 vs Ac hits for 17hp of damage. It doesn't look like the orc statue was affected by your attack.




Ogre's turn...

View user profile

12 Re: Heading south on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:32 am

Ogre's turn:

Free action: the ogre speaks in common "Maulspike smash"
Move: move north
Standard: attack Kaddim with flail
Flail 33 vs Ac hits for 15hp of damage. Kaddim is knocked prone.



Thia's turn, them Miri

View user profile

13 Re: Heading south on Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:08 pm

Minor: HQ the ogre (if she can, not sure if the statues are enemies)
Move: W, W, W, W, NW to end up north of Miri.
Standard: Twin Strike on the ogre.

View user profile

14 Re: Heading south on Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Krystoff wrote:Minor: HQ the ogre (if she can, not sure if the statues are enemies)
Move: W, W, W, W, NW to end up north of Miri.
Standard: Twin Strike on the ogre.

Thia's turn:
Minor: attempt to HQ the Ogre (failed) since Kaddim's mark worked on the orc statue, you'd know that they are enemies.

Move: move north of Miri

Standard: use Twin Strike on the Ogre
TS #1 17 vs Ac miss
TS #2 23 vs Ac miss




Miri's turn, then NPCs...

View user profile

15 Re: Heading south on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:04 am

Dwarmaj wrote:Miri's turn, then NPCs...

Miri will...

Standard action: cast 'Magic Missile' on the Ogre

move/minor action: none

free action: "Is it just me, or did that thing just shrug off Kaddim's sword like it was nothing?"

done.

View user profile

16 Re: Heading south on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:38 am

bradly wrote:
Dwarmaj wrote:Miri's turn, then NPCs...

Miri will...

Standard action: cast 'Magic Missile' on the Ogre

move/minor action: none

free action: "Is it just me, or did that thing just shrug off Kaddim's sword like it was nothing?"

done.

Miri's turn:
Move: none
Standard: cast Magic Missile on the Ogre
MM 33 vs Ref (critical) hit for 17+14hp of damage.




NPC turn...

View user profile

17 Re: Heading south on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:06 am

Ross

avatar
Admin
I attacked the Orc statue.


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

18 Re: Heading south on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:14 am

NPCs turn:

The orc statues move... I've marked the statues with green and red outlines.


Green orc statue:
Move: move adjacent to Sonya
Standard: attack Sonya with a slam attack
Slam 32 vs Ac hits for 11hp of damage

Red orc statue:
Move: move adjacent to Candelos

Kaddim gets an AoO 29-2 vs Ac hits for 13hp of damage. You notice that this attack did full damage.

Standard: no attack, but Candelos does notice that the orc statue coloration became lighter.


From the south Kaddim can see a robed archer move adjacent to the tiefling statue and shoot.

Archer:
Move: move north
Standard: shoot Kaddim
Longbow 22-2 vs Ac miss

From behind the cloaked archers hood Kaddim can see what looks like several small snakes...





Candelos' turn, then Sonya...



Last edited by Dwarmaj on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

19 Re: Heading south on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:15 am

Ross wrote:I attacked the Orc statue.

Yes, it was like striking a stone wall and you did no damage with the attack.

View user profile

20 Re: Heading south on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:23 am

Even though the red orc statue resisted the initial Booming Blade attack, I think it is still subject to the secondary damage when it moved and was vulnerable.

The red orc statue took 5hp of damage from Kaddim's Booming Blade attack when it moved. I've updated the token.


Candelos then them Sonya...

View user profile

21 Re: Heading south on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:26 am

Note: those outside of the room can see into the room, barely... The orc statues block almost the entire doorway.

Any attack into the room from the outside will be at a -5 penalty. Attacking the orc statues is normal, no penalties.

View user profile

22 Re: Heading south on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:35 am

I think it might be time for Kaddim to get out of the room.

View user profile

23 Re: Heading south on Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:15 am

...did I open the door?

View user profile

24 Re: Heading south on Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:42 am

Teramotos wrote:...did I open the door?

Sorry, I assumed that both doors were opened and displayed a map in post #6 of what the party saw with both doors open.

On Thia's turn she attempted to HQ the ogre which she could see through the east door, then she moved west to attack.

View user profile

25 Re: Heading south on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:27 pm

I wrote: The hallways look narrow. I suspect they may lead to the same place, with the party's agreement, I say we open the west one first and have one or two party members near the east one to perhaps attack any enemies from a second direction. Candelos, Kaddim, and Miri to the West and maybe Sonya and Thia to the East?
It was my intent to keep the east door closed to perhaps hit any enemies from an unsuspecting direction (e.g. Sonya would move in and flank). If it is too much bother to rewind, I'll go along with whatever is ruled.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 15]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum