Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:05 pm

Items to be crafted:
1. Throwing Shield for Candelos
2. ???
3. ???

What items will Miri be crafting?

View user profile

2 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:13 pm

As of January 18th, this is what the Character builder showed.
Thia 3,775gp
Candelos 3,055gp
Sonya 1,735gp
Miri 295gp
Kaddim 0 (Breeze has 3,575gp he took from Kaddim)

After Jan 18th, the girls have found 3 + 1 daggers.
I think all of the below battles took place prior to Jan 18th. So, you have any items that you're carrying that we previously found. i.e. Each of the girls has a + 1 dagger. Sonya is carrying the + 2 Acidic Bastard Sword. I don't know who is carrying anything else. If you're not carrying it, it was assumed to be dusted and is reflected in either new items your PC has, or GP in the character builder. Any non-magic items or regular GP was used to make items or is GP in the character buildier. Discuss...
Vren
Checking the bodies the party finds the following (Miri and Kaddim can evaluate):
Vren's armor: +3 Dwarven Chainmail
Ferrence's sword: +2 Acidic Bastardsword (silver)
Nathan's horn: Horn of Summons (special, only humans can hear the horn)
There's a chest in the room Ferrence was in. Nathan tells you that there are no traps and helps open it if requested. Inside is:
6 moonstones (100gp each)
1 black pearl (500gp)
1,000gp

Arborean Gift:
Shield type: Light
Property: Guardian

Mirror Hallway:
2 Healing potions
1 Potion of Fortitude ( lvl 8 )
Master's Wand of Magic Missile ( lvl 8 )

Danna
Priestly Vestments (Miri evalueates them to be cloth armor +3)
1,000gp

Library1 (Oct 2009)
Rituals:
Raise Dead
Speak with Dead
Mordenkainen's Ascent
Cure Disease
Object Reading
Magic Circle
Transfer Enchantment
Eavesdropper's Foil
Delay Affliction
Dark Light
Arcane Lock
Fool's Gold
Water Walk
Wizard's Curtain
Secret Page
Make Whole
Tenser's Binding (found by Kaddim by listening to the books)

Library2 (Nov 2009)
Ivory statue of an angle (similar to the statue in the front room, not magical) (250gp)
Silver necklace (250gp)
4 pieces of jade (100gp each)
800gp

The PC gold totals above do not reflect any gold/item found while in the pyramid. The totals are from when the PC was created minus any items Miri crafted for them.

View user profile

3 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:11 am

So Stu, how are we going to divide all this treasure up? I think we want to figure this out now, so we can make items. (I say liquidate everything except the Orb & the healing potions) Everyone please post whether you do or do not want an item crafted so we know what we're doing. So far we know that:

Candelos: wants throwing shield,
Miri: can't afford anything,
Kaddim: ??
Thia: ??
Sonya: ??

Please speak up either way if you want something, Ken is asking me what I'm crafting. so far it looks like just a throwing shield.

View user profile

4 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:37 am

Thia just paid the 1300 (1600?) for the boots. I don't believe she wants anything else in the ~2K range. The stuff she wants is all higher level.

View user profile

5 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:26 am

...sure, we can liquidate everything...
If Sonya's share is equal to or greater than the +2 Acidic BS Sword, Sonya will carry at least a portion of her share in the form of the sword in case we run across something that's vulnerable to acid. Sonya wants to save up for a better item so Sonya doesn't need a new item at this time.

View user profile

6 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:48 am

Okay, since Miri is 9th, there are a lot of items we can't dust; +3 Dwarven Chain (12), Guardian Shield Light (10), Cloth Armor + 3 (11), and maybe the Bastard Sword (8th to 11th) because Miri can only dust items of her level or lower. I'm thinking all the other gold is reflected in the character builder unless people are carrying items on them. So, if we haven't dusted all the items that are 9th level or lower, we should do that (2x8th, 3x1st) and that will yield 7,880 GP/ 5 = 1,576 GP or 315 GP per PC.

Candelos, my throwing shield is a heavy shield. The Guardian Shield is a light shield and we can't dust it yet. Sonya can be talked into selling her shield to Candelos (I'll make you a deal) and Sonya will carry the Guardian Shield until Miri is high enough to dust it. Sonya doesn't want the Guardain Shield to be Sonya's portion of the treasure, I'll just use it to heal / protect the party until we can dust it. Sonya's AC and Reflex would be 1 lower by using the Guardain Shield, but Sonya would gain the benefit to protect the party. If Sonya can find an ordinary heavy shield and an ordinary longbow and arrows, I'll pick those up.

View user profile

7 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Candelos can give you the GP for the throwing shield and in the future you get another if thats what you want.
Is that what you had in mind?

View user profile

8 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:30 pm

Teramotos wrote:Okay, since Miri is 9th, there are a lot of items we can't dust; +3 Dwarven Chain (12), Guardian Shield Light (10), Cloth Armor + 3 (11), and maybe the Bastard Sword (8th to 11th) because Miri can only dust items of her level or lower. I'm thinking all the other gold is reflected in the character builder unless people are carrying items on them. So, if we haven't dusted all the items that are 9th level or lower, we should do that (2x8th, 3x1st) and that will yield 7,880 GP/ 5 = 1,576 GP or 315 GP per PC.

Candelos, my throwing shield is a heavy shield. The Guardian Shield is a light shield and we can't dust it yet. Sonya can be talked into selling her shield to Candelos (I'll make you a deal) and Sonya will carry the Guardian Shield until Miri is high enough to dust it. Sonya doesn't want the Guardain Shield to be Sonya's portion of the treasure, I'll just use it to heal / protect the party until we can dust it. Sonya's AC and Reflex would be 1 lower by using the Guardain Shield, but Sonya would gain the benefit to protect the party. If Sonya can find an ordinary heavy shield and an ordinary longbow and arrows, I'll pick those up.

The gold, gems, and other non-magical items have not been factored into the Character Builder gp totals for the PCs.

Miri can create small to medium mundane items as well as magic items. I'll let her create a limited number with each rest (as long as she doesn't go overboard...). So yes, Miri could create Sonya a non-magical bow and arrows. Being in a prison with limited resources I wanted a way for the PCs to get some items. Otherwise Thia would have run out of arrows long ago.

View user profile

9 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:05 pm

okay, all, if we dust everything we can, then we'll have 1,275 GP per PC. The party as a whole will also have the following group owned items:

2 Healing Potions
+3 Dw Chain
+3 Cloth Armor
Guardian Shield, Light
+2 Acidic Bastard Sword
Nathan's Horn
All the Rituals (Miri carrying)

If Candelos wishes to give Sonya GP for her shield Sonya will accept if she can carry the group owned Guardian Shield in the meantime. I'll be giving up 1 AC and 1 Reflex but I will be able to better protect the party.

Sonya will provide Miri a list of the normal items Sonya would like before we head out again.

View user profile

10 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Otherwise Thia would have run out of arrows long ago

I was wondering about that.

View user profile

11 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Okay, so only waiting to hear from Kaddim, but it looks like tonight Miri will either be making zero new items, or items for Kaddim only. I hope we're ready!

We should also assign whose carrying the healing potions...

View user profile

12 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:19 pm

No making the item for Breeze then?

View user profile

13 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:28 pm

Ross

Admin
I could use some Hide Armor.

Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

14 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:40 pm

Ross wrote:I could use some Hide Armor.

More specifically, did you want to transfer either the +3 cloth or the +3 Dwarven onto magic hide armor, or make some other type of hide armor?

As far as an item for Breeze, I'll go with the group decision, but I'd rather make cold resist items to fight her with over fire resist items to barter with. We're going to have to attack her both for Vyrellis and to get Kaddim's stuff back.

View user profile

15 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Teramotos wrote:okay, all, if we dust everything we can, then we'll have 1,275 GP per PC. The party as a whole will also have the following group owned items:

2 Healing Potions
+3 Dw Chain
+3 Cloth Armor
Guardian Shield, Light
+2 Acidic Bastard Sword
Nathan's Horn

Shouldn't there be a +2 flaming anything weapon in here too?

View user profile

16 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Ross

Admin
I think converting the +3 cloth to hide would be fine.

I'll also meditate to bind the +3 Flame Sword to me.

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.

17 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Who says we can't bargain for both Kaddim's stuff and the orb? Thia certainly isn't going to do it with her 8 CHA but someone out there has to have a decent charisma and have some bargaining skill.

The easy way in my opinion is to bargain Kaddim's stuff and the orb from Breeze and then if we need to come back and fight. Otherwise we need to kill the Eladrin's first and then come back and fight Breeze, otherwise we are fighting them both at the same time.

View user profile

18 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:11 pm

...convert the cloth to hide.
I don't remember the anything weapon, but we can't dust it, it's too high level. If no one else wants to carry it, Sonya will carry it.
Someone other than Sonya should carry the healing potions. I suggest Thia and Miri since they have the lowest surge values.
Still think we should make an item to barter with, hmmm I wonder if Breeze would even know the difference if it were a cold resistance item? Oh, that caster might know. Still, if we decide to keep the fire resistance item, that's okay too.

View user profile

19 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:14 pm

Ross

Admin
I'm using the anything weapon as a longsword.

20 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:37 pm

Ross wrote:I think converting the +3 cloth to hide would be fine.

I'll also meditate to bind the +3 Flame Sword to me.

The Flaming weapon is +2 of any type that can have the flaming enchantment.

http://nwgamers.forumotion.com/online-role-play-gaming-f14/pyramid-level-2-t533-285.htm#6918

View user profile

21 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:55 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:

Hey! I just re-read that link... Once per round as a free action? When Kaddim upgrades to something permanent, Miri wants that!

Insta-staff! :-) Right now she normally weilds a +2 staff in one hand and a normal longsword in the other. With this weapon I can have either with only the incumberance of a dagger.

...Anyone want a +2 staff of defense before I dust it?

View user profile

22 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:08 am

bradly wrote:
Dwarmaj wrote:

Hey! I just re-read that link... Once per round as a free action? When Kaddim upgrades to something permanent, Miri wants that!

Insta-staff! :-) Right now she normally weilds a +2 staff in one hand and a normal longsword in the other. With this weapon I can have either with only the incumberance of a dagger.

...Anyone want a +2 staff of defense before I dust it?

Are you sure you want to dust the staff?
With the defensive staff: Miri's AC26, Fort21, Ref23, Will21
With no staff equipped: Miri's AC24, Fort20, Ref22, Will20

View user profile

23 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:32 am

Getting ready to update the PCs in the Character Builder...

It looks like the PCs are missing a couple of items
http://nwgamers.forumotion.com/online-role-play-gaming-f14/the-library-2-t454-180.htm#5426

The party found a staff off of Karvakos in the library which was magical.
They also found an adamantine key which was not magical that was inscribed.

It sounds like if everything else is dusted each PC will get 1,275gp and the party will have the following items:
2 Healing Potions
+3 Dw Chain
+3 Cloth Armor
Guardian Shield, Light
+2 Acidic Bastard Sword
Nathan's Horn
Karavakos' Staff (+2 Staff of Storms)
Adamantine Key
+2 Flaming Anything weapon

Oh, the dwarven armor enchantment can only be transfered on to chain, scale, or plate armor (those are the only types that can hold the dwarven enchantment).

So far it looks like Miri will be creating
+1 Hide Armor (then transfer the +3 Cloth to it making it +3 Hide)

I haven't gotten confirmation on anything else.
It sounded like Candelos was going to use the Throwing Shield and Sonya was going to use the Guardian Shield. Is that correct?

Was Miri going to create a fire resist item? If so what type/plus? You think Breeze would trade more for a +2 than a +1, but a +1 is cheaper...

View user profile

24 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:16 am

I think either Candelos or Sonya should have the+3 DwChain converted to armor that they can use. Yes, Sonya will sell Candelos the throwing shield and for now, Sonya will use the Guardian Shield to protect the party.

View user profile

25 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 (cont...) on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:32 am

Teramotos wrote:I think either Candelos or Sonya should have the+3 DwChain converted to armor that they can use. Yes, Sonya will sell Candelos the throwing shield and for now, Sonya will use the Guardian Shield to protect the party.

Candelos currently wears +2 Plate of Necrotic Resistance
Sonya currenty wears +2 Bloodiron Scale

+3 Dwarven Armor
+3 to Endurance checks, Daily: heal as a free action as if you used a healing surge.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum