Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Northwest Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics

» Pathfinder 2e Wanderer's Guide Upgrade
Engineering Assistance - Brad's Stick Dancing EmptyToday at 12:21 pm by Ross

» Fallout on Amazon Prime Video
Engineering Assistance - Brad's Stick Dancing EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am by Ross

» Adventure Logs - Wisdom Warriors of Newport - Beginner Series 4e
Engineering Assistance - Brad's Stick Dancing EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 12:11 am by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Shaelrick Adventures - PF2e
Engineering Assistance - Brad's Stick Dancing EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 7:34 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! Saturday April 6th Pathfinder 2e Continued
Engineering Assistance - Brad's Stick Dancing EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:26 am by Krystoff

» Adventure Logs - The Eastern Knights
Engineering Assistance - Brad's Stick Dancing EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 9:39 pm by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - RIFTS
Engineering Assistance - Brad's Stick Dancing EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 5:04 pm by Teramotos

» Savage Rifts Advancement/Rank
Engineering Assistance - Brad's Stick Dancing EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:52 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! Friday 8 March - Pathfinder 2e Newport Hills 6 PM
Engineering Assistance - Brad's Stick Dancing EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 6:29 am by Teramotos

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 24 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 801 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:27 pm

4 posters

Engineering Assistance - Brad's Stick Dancing

Teramotos
    Teramotos

Number of posts : 4849
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Engineering Assistance - Brad's Stick Dancing Empty Engineering Assistance - Brad's Stick Dancing

Post by Teramotos Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:01 am

Guy at my church was cleaning out his parent's house and found a bunch of martial arts weapons. He knew I did some sort of martial art so he brought them to church and gave them all to me. In the bag were two beautiful polished oak 30" fighting sticks with 7" stainless steel ends. The steel ends are NOT the striking surface, but the grips. When you hold the stick right where the metal meets the wood, the sticks are perfectly balanced and spin (very) fast; much faster than a non-weighted stick.
    For Brad's padded PVC fighting sticks, what would be the best way to cheaply add a lot of weight to the handle end of the stick? I have some ideas, but want to hear if anyone else has a good approach.

Even Kobe said, hey dad, these are a lot faster; can I have one? Yeah, Kobe got one and I'll keep the other. Kobe also scored a real 50" beautiful solid oak 1/4 staff to go along with the 50" padded 1/4 staff he got for Christmas.

Sonya Morecut (Human Warlord) - SG1
    Whey Baker (Human Fighter) - SG1
    Archemedies - (Githyanki Artificer) - Slave Ship
    Alysa Redfield (Human Archer Warlord) - Dark Nights Rising
    Krystoff
    Krystoff

Number of posts : 1677
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Engineering Assistance - Brad's Stick Dancing Empty Re: Engineering Assistance - Brad's Stick Dancing

Post by Krystoff Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:37 am

I am assuming that the PVC is hollow and that you have an end cap or can make one. The trouble I foresee with any material used is going to be the tendency to slide down the length of the tube. Something to stop that will be extremely helpful

Modeling clay / Putty- Mold the clay outside the end of the tube and make a lip so it won't slide through. Would need to fire the clay once it is created and or harden it somehow if it is putty.

Small weights - Can be something like steel discs or melted down lead weights. Use glue or some type of adhesive to attach or maybe make a sleeve for the weights that has an end cap built onto it.

Cement or cement like substance - There are a number of these ranging from quick set cement to mortars like tile adhesive. Home Depot has tons of the stuff, just find one that isn't very crumbly when set.
    Mick
    Mick

Number of posts : 1671
    Registration date : 2008-12-03

Engineering Assistance - Brad's Stick Dancing Empty Re: Engineering Assistance - Brad's Stick Dancing

Post by Mick Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:26 am

Problem with Cement or cement like substance is, Brad likely drops his stick on the ground a lot. After a while the cement or concrete will crack and chip. Then he''ll hear rattling as he spins them.
    Maybe 1/4" dia lead pellets mix in silicon and stuffed into the handle. It may take a few days for the silicon to set.
    Teramotos
    Teramotos

Number of posts : 4849
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by Teramotos Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:26 am

Mick, that's a pretty inventive idea man, cheap and easy and will probably stay in place.

Sonya Morecut (Human Warlord) - SG1
    Whey Baker (Human Fighter) - SG1
    Archemedies - (Githyanki Artificer) - Slave Ship
    Alysa Redfield (Human Archer Warlord) - Dark Nights Rising
    Kenji

Number of posts : 3459
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by Kenji Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:52 am

Mick wrote:Problem with Cement or cement like substance is, Brad likely drops his stick on the ground a lot...

Hey! :-(

...Okay, maybe you have a point. Sometimes I don't just drop them, but accidentally fling them into the air! (But usually only when I'm trying to switch grips)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:55 pm