Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breeze's lair...

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1 Breeze's lair... on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:20 pm

Opening the door reveals a huge ice cavern with two pools of freezing cold water (you can see chunks of ice floating in them).

You can also see great columns of ice stretching from floor to ceiling (50' high). These columns provide cover and you can see several eladrins behind each. The knights look a bit less beat up than the last time you saw them...

In the south west corner you can see a large pile of treasure (gold, gems, items). Two things stand out even at a distance.

An amethyst, Vyrellis states to Candelos: You must get that for me, that is part of my life force and I will be almost complete. The more of my lifeforce you recover, the more I can help you.

A small orb in the treasure seems to almost call out to each of you. The orb is orange and you can clearly see 4 red stars on its surface.

You then see something that makes your heart drop...
You can see the eladrin caster speaking to a large white dragon. Kaddim lies at the feet of the dragon.

As the doors open, the dragon says in common to the party:
Greetings, what have you brought me today?

View user profile

2 Re: Breeze's lair... on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:43 pm

...and what's our AP status?

View user profile

3 Re: Breeze's lair... on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Teramotos wrote:...and what's our AP status?

Candelos gets an AP.

Everyone else just got one before the Eladrin battle.

View user profile

4 Re: Breeze's lair... on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:37 pm

What the plan? Parley for Kaddim? Or just attack?

View user profile

5 Re: Breeze's lair... on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:05 pm

Parley? Uhhh...give us Kaddim or else? Hmmm...I wonder if they want the orb? My character isn't saying or thinking this of course...
If an attack, do we have a reasonable chance of success? If we charge into the room, then we have to fight them all at once, we have to figure out a way to fight just a few of them at a time. If we use ranged attacks from the hallway, would that draw the dragon toward us and it would just breath? If we got the dragon into a hallway battle, would that work for us or against us?

View user profile

6 Re: Breeze's lair... on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:33 pm

Did the dragon sound aggressive? Or was it more of a question? Inflection would be very helpful here.

View user profile

7 Re: Breeze's lair... on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:36 pm

Krystoff wrote:Did the dragon sound aggressive? Or was it more of a question? Inflection would be very helpful here.

The dragon did not sound aggressive. More arrogant/inquisitive, kinda like a noble talking to a peasant.

View user profile

8 Re: Breeze's lair... on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:00 pm

I'm thinking we can't defeat this dragon but I'm sure the orb want us to try since there's an item it wants in there.

View user profile

9 Re: Breeze's lair... on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:24 am

Dwarmaj wrote:As the doors open, the dragon says in common to the party:

Using 'Ghost Sound' so only Sonya, our highest Cha PC, can hear:

"Tell her: We offer her freedom. We are close to escaping this prison, but we need our ally to do it. Let us see him back to health, and we will lead them out with us."

View user profile

10 Re: Breeze's lair... on Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:45 pm

Mick wrote:I'm thinking we can't defeat this dragon but I'm sure the orb want us to try since there's an item it wants in there.

Vyrellis to Candelos:
Yes, I need my lifeforce, but I need you too.

Did those Eladrin flee because they were about to die or were they drawing you in? From where I was, it didn't look like they were too bad off.

And that dragon, maybe if your other party member wasn't on his back in front of the dragon AND those eladrin weren't in here as well. But as it is, we should see what it wants.

View user profile

11 Re: Breeze's lair... on Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:46 pm

bradly wrote:
Dwarmaj wrote:As the doors open, the dragon says in common to the party:

Using 'Ghost Sound' so only Sonya, our highest Cha PC, can hear:

"Tell her: We offer her freedom. We are close to escaping this prison, but we need our ally to do it. Let us see him back to health, and we will lead them out with us."

What will Sonya say?

View user profile

12 Re: Breeze's lair... on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:38 pm

Sonya, "We bring you an offer of freedom from this prison. We are close to escaping, but we need our ally who is at your feet to do it. Let us see him back to health, and then we will lead you and your allies out with us. You've nothing to lose, you can always kill us later, and eveything to gain. What do you say?"

View user profile

13 Re: Breeze's lair... on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:57 pm

Teramotos wrote:Sonya, "We bring you an offer of freedom from this prison. We are close to escaping, but we need our ally who is at your feet to do it. Let us see him back to health, and then we will lead you and your allies out with us. You've nothing to lose, you can always kill us later, and eveything to gain. What do you say?"

Breeze talking:
Prison?

I can think of no better place to be. A spacious lair perfect for me, a mound of treasure, and lessor beings to help me add to it.

Your friend, you may have your friend, my hunger for flesh has dissipated with my stay here. The dragon motions to the eladrin and two go to the dragon and start dragging Kaddim toward the party. When they get about half way you notice that Kaddim has been stripped of equipment.

View user profile

14 Re: Breeze's lair... on Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:12 am

The eladrin bring Kaddim the rest of the way to the party. When they walk through the pool at the entrance you notice that it is knee deep. Their movements slowed as they moved through the pool.

Kaddim is currently at 0hp but stable. He has 8/11 surges remaining and has used one Death Save for the day.

View user profile

15 Re: Breeze's lair... on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:16 am

w/o using an encounter power, if I'm trained in Healing (and I am) I can make a heal check to allow Kaddim to use a surge, correct? If so, I will do so. Then I suggest we move off, take an extended rest (get Kaddim some equipment) and then...

What do the rest of you think?

View user profile

16 Re: Breeze's lair... on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:31 am

Hmm re-reading Heal skill

Heal (Wisdom)
You know how to help someone recover from wounds or debilitating conditions, including disease.

First Aid
Make a Heal check to administer first aid.
First Aid: Standard action.
✦DC: Varies depending on the task you’re attempting.

✦Use Second Wind: Make a DC 10 Heal check to allow an adjacent character to use his or her second
wind (page 291) without the character having to spend an action. The character doesn’t gain the
defense bonuses normally granted by second wind.

✦Stabilize the Dying: Make a DC 15 Heal check to stabilize an adjacent dying character. If you succeed,
the character can stop making death saving throws until he or she takes damage. The character’s current
hit point total doesn’t change as a result of being stabilized.

✦Grant a Saving Throw: Make a DC 15 Heal check. If you succeed, an adjacent ally can immediately
make a saving throw, or the ally gets a +2 bonus to a saving throw at the end of his or her next turn.

The closest to what you're trying to do is have him use his Second Wind which he doesn't have. He has already been stabilized so that won't work either.

I thought you could make a heal check to have them use a surge too. I guess that's only to let them use second wind.

View user profile

17 Re: Breeze's lair... on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:38 am

I say we parley with the dragon. We need to get Kaddim's gear back and the orb if we can. What do we have to bargain with?

We know the following: The dragon
doesn't want freedom
likes treasure (all dragons do)
has multiple things we want

We have the following we can bargain with
Personal equipment
party equipment (there was a list made not too long ago)
knowledge (traps, inhabitants, map, creatures)
threats (probably not the best bargaining chip right now)
future equipment
"Stuff" we passed over in other rooms (Like the columns from the orb room, paintings we might have seen etc)
The orb (I don't say this out loud)

Anything I missed?

From that list I say the best we have to bargain with is knowledge, any party equipment we can't use, unique stuff we can think of, and possibly future equipment.

I am going to go back through the threads and see if I can see anything that might fit the bill in descriptions of previous rooms. Anything unique that the dragon might want. Even dead enemies like the corpse of a demon might work. Anything magical in nature is a possibility.

View user profile

18 Re: Breeze's lair... on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:41 am

Teramotos wrote: Then I suggest we move off, take an extended rest (get Kaddim some equipment) and then...

What do the rest of you think?

Concur. I suggest Candelos give you a synergy at +4 from the Beacon... Oops! wrong campaign, but you should probably get a synergy from him anyway.

Here's not the best place to talk about the rest. Let's fall back to the Eladrin's bedroom for the extended rest. It's been a while since any of us slept in real beds...

View user profile

19 Re: Breeze's lair... on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:46 am

Krystoff wrote:I say we parley with the dragon. We need to get Kaddim's gear back and the orb if we can...

Concur on both points, but I suggest after we extended rest. The Dragon doesn't seem to leave her lair much, and we'll be bargaining from a position of greater strength if we come back fresh.

Post Script: Who has a list of party treasure found so far? How much gp/residuum does everyone have? (Miri only has around 200gp...) We might want to pool what we have and have Miri make some items tonight...

View user profile

20 Re: Breeze's lair... on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:52 am

Vyrellis to Candelos:
To bad your party passed up on all that treasure in the ice room. I doubt it still there since you left it to the demon that was resistant to cold... I was going to say something earlier, but you and your party offended me with your dealings with that demon.

I really... need my life force. Why don't you have your wizard make something specifically for the dragon. It may like that more than random treasure and may be willing to trade more for it.

View user profile

21 Re: Breeze's lair... on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:59 am

Items strange or magical in nature.

Mirrors from the mirrored hallway?
Columns from the fire room
Books from the library
The statue from the library
desk from the place where we fought Karavakos?

View user profile

22 Re: Breeze's lair... on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:35 am

How old do we think the White Dragon is? Is it large or huge size?

View user profile

23 Re: Breeze's lair... on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:39 am

bradly wrote:How old do we think the White Dragon is? Is it large or huge size?

The dragon is large sized.

View user profile

24 Re: Breeze's lair... on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:31 am

bradly wrote:
Here's not the best place to talk about the rest. Let's fall back to the Eladrin's bedroom for the extended rest. It's been a while since any of us slept in real beds...

So is the plan to fall back to the casters room and take an extended rest?

View user profile

25 Re: Breeze's lair... on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:47 am

Dwarmaj wrote:
So is the plan to fall back to the casters room and take an extended rest?

Yes, and if somebody (Stu?) has an updated list of party treasure, Miri will be making items too.

Thia, regarding Miri's boots, I crafted them at full price but can only dust them for 1/5 price. What do you say we split the difference and I sell them to you for 1/2 price? (7th level item) I barely have 200gp left after making a bag of holding and would really like to make a cold resistant item. After the Ice Demon and the White Dragon, I'm sensing a theme... (and both are still at large)

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum