Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Into the cold

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 15 of 15]

351 Re: Into the cold on Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:54 am

We will no chance if we fight them without a short rest.
Kaddim would understand

View user profile

352 Re: Into the cold on Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:25 pm

Teramotos wrote:I say that if they were going to kill Kaddim they would have done it by now. I think our chances improve dramatically if we take a short rest.

Concur on both points. Their encounter powers are likely 'recharge', and ours need a 5 min rest. Plus we can surge and they can't (although they can regroup to reinforcements, and we can't, but to Chris' point, they'll have that regardless).

Miri will use a surge (her 2nd to last one).

View user profile

353 Re: Into the cold on Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Sonya will use 1 surge.

View user profile

354 Re: Into the cold on Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Use 2 surges

View user profile

355 Re: Into the cold on Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:46 pm

The party takes a short rest and are not interrupted.

Current PC status:
Miri 54/58hp with 1/9 surges
Sonya 56/66hp with 2/9 surges
Candelos 63/78hp with 7/14 surges
Thia 39/65hp with 1/7 surges

The party is in a corridor heading east, which turns north after about 30'. You also notice that the corridor heading north widens out to 20' wide.

Cautiously, the party advances east then north. The corridor winds back to the west after 50'. To the west the party can see a set of large double doors (the doors are 10' wide by 20' tall).

What does the party wish to do?

View user profile

356 Re: Into the cold on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Approach the door quietly, Sonya and Candelos in the lead. When we get to the door, ask Thia to check for traps and see if it is locked; two of us will attempt to assist while the last member stands guard; be as quiet as possible. If the door is locked, ask Thia to attempt to unlock it while two of us attempt to assist. Once the door is unlocked, or if it never was locked, check the west wall for hidden doors and if there are none, then either open the doors or just break in (Candelos as he has the best chance, Sonya and perhaps Miri will assist). Candelos and Sonya should be in the lead, with Miri a little further back, and Thia, because she's the most wounded, perhaps 20' back of Miri. If there are enemies, we should concentrate on the ones that are easiest to hit as they will keep shielding each other.

View user profile

357 Re: Into the cold on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:14 pm

No hidden/secret doors were found.

The doors to the west are not locked. Listening, Thia and Candelos can hear talking, but don't understand the language.

The doors are pretty heavy and takes two PCs to open. There are two doors, do you want to open the north or south section of the doors.

View user profile

358 Re: Into the cold on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:36 pm

...guessing what the room might look like, the north door would give us the best view of the interior, so go for that door.

View user profile

359 Re: Into the cold on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:17 pm

Opening the door reveals a huge ice cavern with two pools of freezing cold water (you can see chunks of ice floating in them).

You can also see great columns of ice stretching from floor to ceiling (50' high). These columns provide cover and you can see several eladrins behind each. The knights look a bit less beat up than the last time you saw them...

In the south west corner you can see a large pile of treasure (gold, gems, items). Two things stand out even at a distance.

An amethyst, Vyrellis states to Candelos: You must get that for me, that is part of my life force and I will be almost complete. The more of my lifeforce you recover, the more I can help you.

A small orb in the treasure seems to almost call out to each of you. The orb is orange and you can clearly see 4 red stars on its surface.

You then see something that makes your heart drop...
You can see the eladrin caster speaking to a large white dragon. Kaddim lies at the feet of the dragon.

As the doors open, the dragon says in common to the party:
Greetings, what have you brought me today?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum