Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pyramid - Level 2

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

276 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:32 am

Krystoff wrote:Looks like Ive already used my encounters. I will use Twin Strike and should already have HQ on him.

I will move 1N to let Miri get in if she needs to.

The party took a short rest... you have your encounters back except for Two Fanged Strike which you've used.

Thia's turn:
Standard: Twin Strike on the mangler
TS #1 16 vs Ac miss
TS #2 26 vs Ac hits for 14+3hp of dmage.

Miri's turn...

View user profile

277 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:41 am

...shucks, I was in a meeting when I thought of this. Could I let him by (e.g. through my square)? Then, when he left my square, which is a square I threaten, could I take an AoO on him if I wanted to? I'd like to let him by even if I don't get an AoO because the next round I can flank him.

View user profile

278 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:04 am

Teramotos wrote:...shucks, I was in a meeting when I thought of this. Could I let him by (e.g. through my square)? Then, when he left my square, which is a square I threaten, could I take an AoO on him if I wanted to? I'd like to let him by even if I don't get an AoO because the next round I can flank him.

I'd say no...
I think he'd be able to tell he's moving though an occupied square as soon as he tried to move through it.

I also don't think you can take an AoO on someone if you let them through your square.

Plus... that encounter is winding down and I'd like to keep things moving along.

View user profile

279 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:06 am

K, no troubles...
Miri's turn then.

View user profile

280 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:11 pm

I also used my biting volley on page 17 I think. I still have all my other encounters but I meant I was out of encounter attacks.

EDIT: In the spirit of keeping this moving, I will twin strike for all my attacks and if he hits on an attack again I will use disruptive strike on him.

View user profile

281 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:50 pm

Since the mangler is so close to going down...

The party has the choice of taking him prisoner or killing him. He's not going to surrender, but the party can subdue him if they like.

The room the mangler is in is their sleep area and smells awful.

Thia does detect a secret door to the south.

Cautiously, Thia detects for traps and listens but doesn't see or hear anything. Thia notes that the door has a pretty sophisticated locking mechanism, but easily unlocks it (she rolled 31 modified).

What would the party like to do?

Oh, going through the rooms the only thing the party finds of interest are 6 magic daggers (each mangler had 2). Miri determines they are all +1.

View user profile

282 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:30 pm

...we'll take him prisoner and tie him up with some strips of clothing from his dead fellows or rope from our standard adventurer's kits. We will take a five minute rest and then get ready to open the secret door. Each of us will carry two of the magic daggers.
If you need an order, I'll go in first, Thia opening the passage and Miri ready to blast with magic. Shield and Axe at the ready.
Miri, Thia, agree?

View user profile

283 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:42 pm

Agree, the only thing I might want to do is maybe give the mangler to the gargoyles for now. I doubt he can get out of that 30 foot pit.

View user profile

284 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:34 pm

...yeah, after we ask the Mangler the usual questions, give him to the gargoyles.
1. How did you get here?
2. What do you know of nearby areas; layout, monsters, treasure/ resources?
3. Who's your boss?
4. What else can you tell us?

View user profile

285 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:02 pm

The mangler doesn't repsond to questions, but occasionally mumbles incohearently.

The seven masks in the hallway are still quiet, but the two in the room where the manglers were hiding are begging for food and biting anyone who gets close.

View user profile

286 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:07 am

...toss the two masks in the room that are begging for food parts of the two dead Manglers.

View user profile

287 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:21 am

When you toss the mangler bits into the masks they chew it up and become quiet.

Inside one of the mouths you can see something shiny.

Cautiously Sonya retrieves the item which Miri later identifies as a +2 Flaming Weapon.

This item is a bit different than others she's seen in that it can become a +2 Flaming of whatever weapon type the wielder desires.

Once per round as a free action the wielder can change the weapon type (dagger, longsword, greatsword...). Any valid weapon type that can hold the Flaming enchantment.

View user profile

288 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:43 am

Teramotos wrote:...we'll take him prisoner and tie him up with some strips of clothing from his dead fellows or rope from our standard adventurer's kits. We will take a five minute rest and then get ready to open the secret door. Each of us will carry two of the magic daggers.
If you need an order, I'll go in first, Thia opening the passage and Miri ready to blast with magic. Shield and Axe at the ready.
Miri, Thia, agree?

The party leaves the mangler in the gargoyle pit then returns to the mangler sleeping area.

Opening the door, the party sees a 20' x 5' wide corridor which looks like a dead end.

Thia (with her 26 passive perception...) notices another secret door. This door has a similar lock to the previous door but takes Thia almost a minute to unlock.

The party then sees a large empty room, there is a double door leading south.

What does the party wish to do?

View user profile

289 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:14 am

...the order looks good. Thia listen carefully and check double doors for traps with aid from Miri and Sonya. If nothing, then Thia (w aid from Sonya while Miri keeps watch) attempts to (quietly) unlock it. Once unlocked, move in ready for battle. If cannot unlock, Sonya (w aid from Thia) attempt to break open while Miri is ready to cast spells.

View user profile

290 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:40 am

As the party approaches the door to the south it opens.

The door way is filed with shadows (similar to the archways the masked teleported you to).

What do you do?

View user profile

291 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:49 am

Assuming that all pary members enter...

The party finds themselves in a room with Kaddim and Candelos.

Kaddim and Candelos notice that the NW door to the room that they're in opens and they can see Sonya, Miri, and Thia enter.

View user profile

292 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:55 am

The party is in a room with four doors (W, NW, NE, and S).

The W, NE, and S are closed and have no hinges, handles, or any way to open them.

The NW door just recently opened and is the one that Sonya, Miri, and Thia entered from.

What does the party wish to do now that everyone is together again?

View user profile

293 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:06 am

Is the NW door still open?

View user profile

294 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:07 am

Free Action: Sonya says "Candelos, Kaddim, and Thia, as we entered the room, a shadowy cloaked figure casted a powerful curse on Miri, saying 'Your Glory at the cost of another's misery!'."
I sense that Thia and I might be empowered and something really bad is going to happen, or has happened, to Miri.
"Kaddim, Candelos, are you okay?"

Last edited by Teramotos on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...sorry had to edit as Miri's not in the room)

View user profile

295 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:26 am

Are we considered to have been mapping? IE do the chars know basically the map that you listed above?

View user profile

296 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:27 am

Stu, the cloaked figure told you that line?

View user profile

297 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:30 am

...yeah.

View user profile

298 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:02 am

Krystoff wrote:Are we considered to have been mapping? IE do the chars know basically the map that you listed above?

Yes, I'm assuming the PCs are mapping, so you have access to the map above.

Yes, the NW door remains open.

View user profile

299 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:05 am

Teramotos wrote:Free Action: Sonya says "Candelos, Kaddim, and Thia, as we entered the room, a shadowy cloaked figure casted a powerful curse on Miri, saying 'Your Glory at the cost of another's misery!'."
I sense that Thia and I might be empowered and something really bad is going to happen, or has happened, to Miri.
"Kaddim, Candelos, are you okay?"

When Sonya spoke of the cloaked figure and what transpired the party sees a rune appear on the forehead of Sonya and Miri. The rune glows brightly for a few seconds then disapears.

View user profile

300 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:11 am

...Sonya assumes a fighting (ready) stance and faces Miri.
"Miri, are you yourself?" Sonya's voice is sharp and questioning.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum