Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pyramid - Level 2

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

26 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:34 pm

Look like a bad situation going into to the icy hallway.
We should try and lock the door back up.

View user profile

27 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:49 pm

....agree w Candelos. We can come back to this later. Suggest close and relock (if possible) the door and turn West and then South through the open set of double doors and then to the closed set of double doors (way to the south). If we don't see anything unusual, the SoP (e.g. Thia w aid check for traps, see if locked, if locked, unlock w aid, if we can't unlock, bash open w Gusto!).

View user profile

28 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:09 pm

Teramotos wrote:....agree w Candelos. We can come back to this later...

Miri will cast Prestidigitation around the door, creating water. It should turn to ice & jam the door shut a little...

View user profile

29 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:57 pm

Teramotos wrote:....agree w Candelos. We can come back to this later. Suggest close and relock (if possible) the door and turn West and then South through the open set of double doors and then to the closed set of double doors (way to the south). If we don't see anything unusual, the SoP (e.g. Thia w aid check for traps, see if locked, if locked, unlock w aid, if we can't unlock, bash open w Gusto!).

The party closes the door, locks it, ices it, then backtracks and heads south.

The party reaches a set of double doors which are locked. Thia doesn't detect any traps and unlocks the door.

This door opens easily into another corridor headed south.

About 100' to the south is an archway. As the party approaches the archway, it transforms into the gaping maw of a devil.

What does the party do?

View user profile

30 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:07 pm

Even zooming in on the picture, it's hard to tell, but Sonya s/b in the back by herself. I'll secure the doors we just came through to make sure they don't lock or close, putting my axe in the doorjam if required. Also, I'll look back down the hall we just came from to enable me to alert the group of anything behind us.

View user profile

31 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:12 pm

Teramotos wrote:Even zooming in on the picture, it's hard to tell, but Sonya s/b in the back by herself. I'll secure the doors we just came through to make sure they don't lock or close, putting my axe in the doorjam if required. Also, I'll look back down the hall we just came from to enable me to alert the group of anything behind us.

Noted. The door is proped open and Sonya is gaurding the door.

What will the party do about the devil mouth ahead?

View user profile

32 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:59 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:What will the party do about the devil mouth ahead?

Miri (to the Devil mouth): "Hey. Two questions for you... What do you know about getting out of here, and what do you know about the wizard Karavakos?"

View user profile

33 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:15 pm

Teramotos wrote:Even zooming in on the picture, it's hard to tell, but Sonya s/b in the back by herself. I'll secure the doors we just came through to make sure they don't lock or close, putting my axe in the doorjam if required. Also, I'll look back down the hall we just came from to enable me to alert the group of anything behind us.

Here's a zoomed in picture.

Kaddim and Sonya are in the back.

Last edited by Dwarmaj on Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

34 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:17 pm

bradly wrote:
Miri (to the Devil mouth): "Hey. Two questions for you... What do you know about getting out of here, and what do you know about the wizard Karavakos?"

There is no reply or even acknoledgement.

View user profile

35 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:58 am

I'm currently waiting on the PCs...

Ahead of the party is an archway that transformed into the mouth of a devil. Behind the party is a door that Sonya propped open and is gaurding.

Miri asked the mouth a question and got no response.

What next?

View user profile

36 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:01 am

Sonya will continue to secure the party's rear flank; waiting for Miri, Candelos, Thia and Kaddim...

View user profile

37 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:41 am

I vote: In to the maws of death! (go through the archway/mouth)

View user profile

38 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:46 am

If you go through, who's going through first...

View user profile

39 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:58 am

Candelos will go first. He'll have orb out in case he need to teleport out of danger.

View user profile

40 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:21 pm

standard marching order is fine with me. Also okay with Candelos going first.

View user profile

41 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:25 pm

Mick wrote:Candelos will go first. He'll have orb out in case he need to teleport out of danger.

As soon as Candelos enters the devils mouth, it slams shut (it's action happends before Candelos has a chance to react).

The party can see the mouth begin chewing and hears Candelos' screams from inside. Occasionaly the other party members see the mouth swallow and then chew some more.

After a couple of rounds the mouth reopens. There is no sign of Candelos.

What does the party (those that are left...) want to do?

View user profile

42 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:43 pm

RIP

View user profile

43 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Who want to be desert?
Yey, I get to build another character!
Chew Chew Chew!
Cluck Cluck Cluck?

View user profile

44 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:40 pm

Hmm the boards seem to have eaten my post.

Does anyone have any telepathic communication? Do we have one heart one mind up?

View user profile

45 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:18 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:

Miri will call out to Candelos to see if he can hear her.

Also, she'll walk up to the edge of the opening and inspect it closely... Is there blood & other signs someone was eaten, or does it look exactly as it did before?

"I suspect (hope) he's just been teleported somewhere with auditory illusions. Someone check the mouths in the main hallway to see if he popped out there."

View user profile

46 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:45 pm

bradly wrote:
Dwarmaj wrote:

Miri will call out to Candelos to see if he can hear her.

Also, she'll walk up to the edge of the opening and inspect it closely... Is there blood & other signs someone was eaten, or does it look exactly as it did before?

"I suspect (hope) he's just been teleported somewhere with auditory illusions. Someone check the mouths in the main hallway to see if he popped out there."

Miri calls out to Candelos, but there is no reply.

Yes, there is blood, ground up bits of flesh/bone on the teeth inside of the mouth. And it smells really foul.

Sonya can check out side the hallway she's gaurding and sees no sign of Candelos or any other creature.

View user profile

47 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Miri will try an acana check to see what kind of magic this mouth uses; illusion, teleportation, transmutation, etc.

She'll then cast 'Mage Hand' and move the hand into the mouth to grab a piece of bone/flesh to inspect. If it's really strong smelling, it's probably old & rotting a while... does it look like a fresh kill? Is it an illusion that disappears?

View user profile

48 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:58 pm

bradly wrote:Miri will try an acana check to see what kind of magic this mouth uses; illusion, teleportation, transmutation, etc.

She'll then cast 'Mage Hand' and move the hand into the mouth to grab a piece of bone/flesh to inspect. If it's really strong smelling, it's probably old & rotting a while... does it look like a fresh kill? Is it an illusion that disappears?

The mouth is definetly magical, but Miri is unable to determine they type of magic.

Miri is able to use Mage Hand and retrieve a chunk of the bone/flesh. It looks freshly ground.

If it's an illusion, it's better than anything you've ever seen.

View user profile

49 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:16 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:Miri is able to use Mage Hand and retrieve a chunk of the bone/flesh. It looks freshly ground.

If it's an illusion, it's better than anything you've ever seen.

Sorry Candelos.

"Hey, let's go back to the stairs and grab the Harpy body & throw that in the mouth. Maybe it'll get full..."

View user profile

50 Re: Pyramid - Level 2 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:02 pm

...well, that was really crunchy...metagame thinking, can't believe the designers wouldn't give the poor PC any chance at all. Yeah, throwing another body in actually sounds like a good idea. Should we all hustle back together or just two of us go? Sonya's willing to go back and get the harpy.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum