Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Library 2

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

176 Re: The Library 2 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:51 pm

Teramotos wrote:...sorry, home internet went down after soccer last night.

Sonya's turn:

Minor Action: Inspiring Word w Saving Inspiration on Candelos - he uses a surge and gains a saving throw against any one condition (dazed I take it).

Move and Standard Action: Move and a Move to the square in the west room that is in the very center of the room (the Thoughtbow will get an AoO on me).

Done...

Sorry, didn't have access to the boards today...

Sonya's turn:
Minor: Inspiring Word on Candelos, he rolls 14 and is no longer dazed.
Move/Standard: move into the west room. You provoke an AoO, scimitar 29 vs Ac hits for 11hp of damage.

Sonya notices a circular patern of runes in the square she's standing in...

View user profile

177 Re: The Library 2 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:54 pm

Mick wrote:Candelos
moves: west 5 spaces to be east of Miri.
minor: Divine Challange the Thoughtbow
standard: attack with Thundering Smite (crit on 19-20) -2 att for cover
At the end of his turn he will use his action point.
standard: attack Piercing Smite -2 att for cover

Candelos' turn:
Move: move 5, adjacent to the thoughtbow
Minor: Divine Challenge
Standard: Thundering Smite 23 vs Ac hits for 22hp of damage. The thoughtbow is knocked prone. He seems badly damaged and surrenders.

View user profile

178 Yeah! on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:19 pm

Since all visible monsters are down or prisoner, and Sonya doesn't like standing in the middle of what could be a trap, she'll move first toward the south wall and THEN look carefully at the runes around the room.

View user profile

179 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:39 am

Teramotos wrote:Since all visible monsters are down or prisoner, and Sonya doesn't like standing in the middle of what could be a trap, she'll move first toward the south wall and THEN look carefully at the runes around the room.

The runes look like writing, but Sonya doesn't understand the language.

View user profile

180 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:45 am

Ross

avatar
Admin
Move to the door, then end turn.
Next turn, run straight into room, then move West into next room.


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

181 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:18 am

Thia will check the "husk" of Karavakos and see if there is anything on the body. She will also stand guard against near the southern hallway where Karavakos dropped but out of the range of the statue.

View user profile

182 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:19 am

Teramotos wrote:Since all visible monsters are down or prisoner, and Sonya doesn't like standing in the middle of what could be a trap, she'll move first toward the south wall and THEN look carefully at the runes around the room.

I'm all for our 3rd attempt at an extended rest first, then check out the runes. (I'm for checking out Karavakos' body before an extended rest though.) The last thing we want is to accidentally trigger the runes and wind up in some 2nd level encounter...

View user profile

183 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:24 am

Ross

avatar
Admin
or to miss some treasure on his body.


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

184 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:52 am

Krystoff wrote:Thia will check the "husk" of Karavakos and see if there is anything on the body. She will also stand guard against near the southern hallway where Karavakos dropped but out of the range of the statue.

Karvakos has the following items of interest:
Staff
Large key around his neck. The key looks to be made of adamantine and has an inscription that Thia can't read.

View user profile

185 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:24 am

Is the party going to rest before searching the roomsor after?

What is the party going to do about the statue?


This is where I currently have everyone...

View user profile

186 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:34 am

Thia will move N, NE in order to be out of the range of the statue but able to try and check it out for traps and how to shut it off.

View user profile

187 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:44 am

Krystoff wrote:Thia will move N, NE in order to be out of the range of the statue but able to try and check it out for traps and how to shut it off.

The trap is definetly magical in nature and you need to be adjacent to it to attempt to shut it off.

View user profile

188 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:56 am

Does it have to be someone who has arcana or would Thia be able to attempt it?

View user profile

189 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:07 am

Krystoff wrote:Does it have to be someone who has arcana or would Thia be able to attempt it?

Anyone can attempt... But arcane traps require the use of the Arcana skill to defeat.

View user profile

190 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:23 am

Thia has a 4 in arcana but it is not trained. If Thia has a chance to disrupt it she will attempt to do so otherwise she will let Kaddim or Miri try.

View user profile

191 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:48 am

Ross

avatar
Admin
I'll try. I have a 15.


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

192 Kaddim's Attempt on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:51 am

...Sonya will attempt to assist Kaddim's attempt and will openly suggest that a couple other people come over to (add thier +2) help.

View user profile

193 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:08 am

Thia will advise against most people helping as the statue is still bursting and has a good chance to do some serious damage. Thia still has a number of surges which is why she was contemplating doing it.

View user profile

194 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:29 am

Note: The statue is still active and each round it can deal damage and daze someone. Some PCs are low on HP with few surges remaining.

Who will assist Kaddim with disabling the statue trap?

Current PC Status:
Kaddim 52/73hp with 0/11 surges
Miri 36/54hp with 3/9 surges
Candelos 37/72hp with 1/14 surges
Sonya 22/61hp with 0/9 surges
Thia 33/60hp with 4/7 surges
Quinn 17/73hp with 1/11 surges

View user profile

195 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:53 am

Thia will spend two surges and will help; didn't realize I was so low. Since Kaddim is low, it might be Miri that needs to be the main person.

View user profile

196 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:18 pm

Thia, Candelos, and Miri assis Kaddim in disarming the magical trap on the statue.

Round 1:
On the first round Thia, Candelos, and Miri all make the DC10 check and are able to grant Kaddim a +6 bonus to his arcana check. Kaddim rolls 2+15+6 and does not disarm the trap.

The statue emmits a psychic pulse
statue vs Kaddim 26 vs Ref hits for 11hp of damage and Kaddim is dazed
statue vs Miri 24 vs Ref hits, but Miri is able to use an interrupt to negate the hit
statue vs Candelos 22 vs Ref hits for 11hp of damage and Candelos is dazed
statue vs Thia 15 vs Ref misses

Round 2:
Miri and Candelos are able to make the arcana check and grant Kaddim a +4 bonus to his check.

Kaddim rolls 18+15+4 and is able to disable the trap.

Does the party want to search this area or rest first?
Any extra security precautions? Where will the prisoner be?

View user profile

197 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:04 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:Does the party want to search this area or rest first?
Any extra security precautions? Where will the prisoner be?

I suggest we rest first. Since Miri is down more than a full healing surge, she will 2nd wind before attempting to extended rest.

As far as the prisoner is concerned, I don't see why we accepted his surrender. I say we finish him off or else just let him go. I doubt he speaks Common or can give us any more useful info than the other Mindvoid the Humans are watching.

View user profile

198 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:10 pm

We can take him back to the humans along with the mindstrike that is still there and either let them go or let the humans keep watch on them.

View user profile

199 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:12 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:What is the party going to do about the statue?

I say we drag the statue of Karavakos to the feet of the Vyrellis statue in the library, prone & face down... just to make sure we piss him off.

View user profile

200 Re: The Library 2 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:16 pm

Krystoff wrote:We can take him back to the humans along with the mindstrike that is still there and either let them go or let the humans keep watch on them.

That's quite a burden on the Humans, and except for Ferrence, they're not really that powerful a party. I'm worried they'll take casualties from just the one... Since they communicate psychicly, I would guess they'd scheme a bloody escape if we put them together. ...I'd rather we just let them go than have the Humans watch them both.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum