Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

After the library battle...

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1 After the library battle... on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:35 am

Dwarmaj wrote:
Teramotos wrote:Sonya is trained in both Intimidate +14 and Diplomacy + 16. As others have time and can assist her (e.g. + 8 more couldn't hurt), she will attempt to use Diplomacy first and if that fails, then Intimidate.

First goal, gain information on who the Mindstrike is allied with, if there are any more of them, and who he is trying to communicate with and what he was saying. Offer potential assistance in getting released from this place in exchange for the information.

Second goal, gain information on all areas and creatures of this complex currently unknown to the party. Use our current knowledge as a means of confirming if the Mindstrike is being generally truthful. Offer our knowledge of areas unknown to the Mindstrike in exchange.

Third goal, attempt non-agression pact (at a minimum) with the Mindstrike. Attempt to identify the Mindstrike's potential near term motivations and plans.

That's all for now.

Where will you attempt the interrogation? If in the library, where in the library?

Will you try the interrogation before or after the party takes an extended rest?

Where in the library does the party members want to be in the library?
Please give a general location where your PC will be.

View user profile

2 Re: After the library battle... on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:23 am

Thia might try the trick that the thoughtbows did. She will be up on one of the bookshelves in the north east.

View user profile

3 Locations on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:28 am

Sonya would like at least two party members right nearby, one to make sure the Mindstrike does not escape and another to restrain Sonya in case the Mindstrike dominates one of us.

Someone should also be guarding the north doors.

View user profile

4 Re: After the library battle... on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:33 am

Ross

Admin
I'll guard the North Door, but I'll mark the Thoughtbow before I head there.

Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

5 Re: After the library battle... on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:48 am

Here's where I currently have the PCs:

If anyone wants to change their position, let me know.

View user profile

6 Re: After the library battle... on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:18 am

Ross

Admin
Oh, also, lock the south door.

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.

7 Re: After the library battle... on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:19 am

Ross

Admin
Actually, maybe we should just interrogate him near the South Door.

8 Interrogation Location on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:51 am

Yes, move the interrogation away from the North doors, away from any potential people the Mindstrike might communicate with.

Near the South doors seems like a good location.

View user profile

9 Re: After the library battle... on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:07 am

Dwarmaj wrote:If anyone wants to change their position, let me know.

Please move Miri to midway inbetween the 2 off the wall bookshelves on the West side of the room.

She has a lot to do while trying to get in an extended rest (helping Kaddim search the library, using healing surges to get near full up, copying all the rituals, casting the 2 rituals, and creating a belt, gloves, and bag, retraining spells, all while trying to get in a full extended rest). She'd want an out of the way place to do all that. Obviously, if the party gets attacked, which I think is coming, I should still have enough movement to see the middle of the room by moving S around the bookshelf on my turn.

Also, I think it a good idea that as few of us as need be are within 3 squares of Sonya's captive...

View user profile

10 Re: After the library battle... on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:20 am

Ross wrote: I'll guard the North Door, but I'll mark the Thoughtbow before I head there.

I think Ross meant the Mindstrike.

Also, move Sonya and the captive Mindstrike to just east of the opening to the south door. I'd say 5' from the south wall near the east edge of the south door for Sonya with her captive just to the east of her. If enemies attack through the north doorway, the statue should provide Sonya some cover from ranged attacks and some concealment for the prisoner visa vie being in plain sight.

View user profile

11 Re: After the library battle... on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:25 am

How's this map?

View user profile

12 Re: After the library battle... on Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:08 pm

...perhaps switch Kaddim and Candelos as Kaddim said he was guarding the north door. Perhaps put Thia on the bookshelves along the West wall, near the NW corner. This puts her out of range of a lot of shorter ranged attacks from intruders who have just entered the room from the north and also puts Thia in position to better fire down Miri's "alleyway" after only one move action in the event an enemy rushes past Kaddim (or whomever is guarding the North door) and attacks Miri somehow.

Last edited by Teramotos on Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct names)

View user profile

13 Re: After the library battle... on Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:10 pm

move candelos to where ever you need him

View user profile

14 Re: After the library battle... on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:00 pm

That works for Thia.

View user profile

15 Re: After the library battle... on Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:21 pm

When the Mindstrike regains consciousness Sonya attempts to question it. She quickly realizes that she can hear the creature "talk", but does not understand the language.

View user profile

16 Re: After the library battle... on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:09 pm

I like the current layout.

...Fyi, Miri already has the "comprehend language" ritual, but she'll wait to cast it until after we extended rest.

View user profile

17 Interrogation on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:38 pm

...darn, okay I guess we'll wait until we've had an extended rest then. In the near term, Sonya will suggest that Thia move five or ten feet north to give her a good shot between the shelves in the NE corner of the room, maximizing Thia's zone of fire.

View user profile

18 Re: After the library battle... on Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:09 pm

Periodically, each PC begins to "daydream".
Each sees images of a Tiefling Wizard (Karavakos) in battle fighting along side creatures from the lower planes. The images are troubling and very distracting.

After about an hour of resting, Candelos hears someone talking in a language he doesn't know. It is hard to pinpoint the source, but it is louder to the north.

View user profile

19 Re: After the library battle... on Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:03 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:After about an hour of resting, Candelos hears someone talking in a language he doesn't know. It is hard to pinpoint the source, but it is louder to the north.

At this point, I know we don't get our dailies back, & I probably haven't crafted any items, but after copying the cure disease ritual, casting it twice, how many of the others have I copied?

View user profile

20 Re: After the library battle... on Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:33 pm

Ross

Admin
Why are we hanging out in the library. Why don't we just leave. Aren't we right next to our allies?

21 Re: After the library battle... on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:30 pm

Ross wrote:Why are we hanging out in the library. Why don't we just leave. Aren't we right next to our allies?

We're as close to our allies, that gave 1/3 of us lycanthropy, as we are everything else. We haven't explored that much. This room with only 2 entrances and 1 locking, is as defensible as we can get.

Besides, a wizard in a room full of magical books is like a kid in a candy store. We need to spend at least an extended rest here!

Also, Candelos hasn't shared it with the rest of us yet, but this room is probably key to the Orb and getting clues to escape the prison... It's gotta mean something that the statue is of the Orb's trapped spirit!

View user profile

22 Resting on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:48 am

Sonya agrees with Miri, with its shelves and only two entrances (one of which locks), this would appear to be a very strong area to defend from. Also agree that there is important knowledge here that we need to review and the fact that the statue is the likeness of the orb's persona demands further investigation.

Despite the day dreams, we should continue to attempt an extended rest here, reviewing books, waiting for a comprehend language ritual (to complete our interrogation) and for Candelos to determine how the statue and orb are exactly linked.

View user profile

23 Re: After the library battle... on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:23 am

Ross

Admin
Yes, let's try again, but if we can't get an extended rest here then we have to leave.

24 Moving On on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:03 am

...agree, if we can't get an extended rest here, we need to move. We should stay just long enough for Miri to make the bag of holding so that we can take a lot of this key information and the ritual books with us.

If we do leave, are we leaving to the north? I also assume that we're taking our prison with us to finish the interrogation, right?

View user profile

25 Re: After the library battle... on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:07 am

Ross

Admin
I say we bring him back to one of our allies. That way we can interrogate him safely and we can safely rest, as well as update allies on our progress.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum