Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Library

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 15]

26 Charge to Knock Over Bookshelf on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:25 am

...Hmmm...assuming the slightly closer one to the West is where Quinn is going, I count that Quinn is nine squares away. After his final square of movement, that puts him eight squares away. I think there is a feat where you can run (normal speed + 2) during a charge. If Quinn has such a feat or perhaps an item that allows him to move eight (if I counted the distance right) and then Bull Rush (or attack) the bookshelf, I'd allow it. Otherwise, he's going to end up short.

View user profile

27 Re: The Library on Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:33 am

David wrote:Charge bookshelf to knock over

The longbowman to the west is 10 squares away, the one to the east is 11 squares away. The bookshelves they're standing on are against the wall and look very sturdy.

After Quinn's turn is Thia

View user profile

28 Re: The Library on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:45 am

Thia will delay in case anyone is going to try diplomacy.

Once everyone else has gone if it is diplomacy then she will not shoot, otherwise she will move out to the first square where she can see a bowman and use the at will power that lets her shoot and move after the shot (Shot on the run, Hit and Run or something like that) and then move back into the hallway so the bowmen can't see her.

View user profile

29 Re: The Library on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:55 am

Quinn's action was to charge a bowman so I'll move him 1 square west to finish his move action then his standard action will be to move 5 west.

When he moves 4W he sees...


Quinn can either continue 1 more west or move north 1 to gain cover from the bowmen.

View user profile

30 Re: The Library on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:57 am

Krystoff wrote:Thia will delay in case anyone is going to try diplomacy.

Once everyone else has gone if it is diplomacy then she will not shoot, otherwise she will move out to the first square where she can see a bowman and use the at will power that lets her shoot and move after the shot (Shot on the run, Hit and Run or something like that) and then move back into the hallway so the bowmen can't see her.

Thia is currently delaying...

With Quinn as your diplomat, I don't think diplomacy will be an option. Razz

View user profile

31 Re: The Library on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:03 am

Well, so far he has only been shot and hasn't really done anything back. Someone else might step up ... ... why is everyone laughing at me? Very Happy

View user profile

32 Re: The Library on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:07 am

Currently waiting on Quinn's actions... As it'll determine what happens next. Twisted Evil



Note: I edited a previous post where I mentioned the elevation of the archers. The book shelves are 10' tall (5'wide) and there is 20' between the top of the bookshelves and the ceiling.

View user profile

33 Re: The Library on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:30 pm

Krystoff wrote:Well, so far he has only been shot and hasn't really done anything back. Someone else might step up ... ... why is everyone laughing at me? Very Happy

Miri sucks in diplomacy, but has +9 religion and +14 history...

Does she recognize the Eladrin princess statue? If she knows who it is, or has a reasonable guess, she'll say...

"Hail friends of <statue's name>, we mean you no harm and party with an Eladrin. However we will not tolerate threats. Cease your attack if you wish to treaty with us."

turn to Candelos... "If this works, and Quinn doesn't attack anyway, you're up."

View user profile

34 Re: The Library on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:07 pm

Move NW to get cover from both bowman

View user profile

35 Re: The Library on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:06 pm

David wrote:Move NW to get cover from both bowman

Quinn moves NW.

Candelos turn, then Miri.

View user profile

36 Re: The Library on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:16 am

Candelos:
Moves 5 straight north with sword and dagger out

View user profile

37 Re: The Library on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:25 am

Mick wrote:Candelos:
Moves 5 straight north with sword and dagger out

Candelos moves 5 north and sees the following:



Candelos has a standard action left...

View user profile

38 Re: The Library on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:55 am

Standard action:
Use utility power One Heart, One Mind

View user profile

39 Miri's Turn on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:08 am

...waiting for Miri...right?

View user profile

40 Re: The Library on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:48 am

Teramotos wrote:...waiting for Miri...right?

Shouldn't be, I posted my actions earlier...


After Quinn enters, Miri will move 1 sq NW into Quinn's old square, 1 sq N through the doors, then 1 sq E to get out of the way of the doorway (3 squares total) for her move action.

Minor action: cast 'Light' spell 5 squares N near the statue (max distance)

Standard action: total defense action

done.


(If I recognize the statue, I'll speak as above too as a free action.)

View user profile

41 Re: The Library on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:15 am

bradly wrote:
Shouldn't be, I posted my actions earlier...


After Quinn enters, Miri will move 1 sq NW into Quinn's old square, 1 sq N through the doors, then 1 sq E to get out of the way of the doorway (3 squares total) for her move action.

Minor action: cast 'Light' spell 5 squares N near the statue (max distance)

Standard action: total defense action

done.

(If I recognize the statue, I'll speak as above too as a free action.)

Sorry, I was waiting for Miri since the actions you posted earlier were before Quinn was attacked and I didn't know if you'd want to change your actions.

Miri does not recognize the statue, but Vyrellis tells Candelos that the statue is of her.

View user profile

42 Re: The Library on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:41 am

After Miri goes, several of your opponants take their turns...

Humanoid #1 NE of Quinn is wielding a scimitar. The creature has no mouth, but Quinn hears a high piched scream.
Psychic Scream 25 vs Will hits for 13hp of psychic damage. Quinn is immobilized

A creature appears from around the southern corner of the bookshelves to the east and moves adjacent to Candelos. He screams.
Psychic Scream 15 vs Will miss

Another creature appears from a NE bookshelf. He moves, then charges Candelos:
Scimitar 19 vs AC miss.

Candelos notices the creature on the ground farther to his east make a gusture, then point at Candelos.
Mindsurge: each ally in burst 10 makes a basic attack.

Humanoid #2 scimitar 33 vs Ac critical hit for 13hp of pychic damage. Candelos is marked and will take damage if he makes an attack that doesn't include the marking creature. I put a yellow halo around the marking creature.

Humanoid #3 scimitar 23-2(cover) vs Ac miss on Candelos

Longbowman #2 (east one) longbow 25-2(cover) vs AC miss on Candelos



Note:
Candelos is now enraged and no longer in control of his actions.

It is now Kaddim's turn, then Sonya

Thia can take her turn any time before Quinn's next turn.

View user profile

43 Re: The Library on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:52 am

Thia will HQ the one just north of Candelos and then twin strike.

View user profile

44 Re: The Library on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:00 pm

Krystoff wrote:Thia will HQ the one just north of Candelos and then twin strike.

Thia marks her quarry and uses twin strike.
TS#1 17 vs AC miss
TS#2 29 vs AC hits for 13+3HQ damage

View user profile

45 Re: The Library on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:08 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:Sorry, I was waiting for Miri since the actions you posted earlier were before Quinn was attacked...

...Miri does not recognize the statue, but Vyrellis tells Candelos that the statue is of her.

No problem.

Hey, since Candelos cast "One heart, one mind" before Miri's turn, would she know what Vyrellis said to Candelos to try to parley?

If not, I've no problem attacking either... :-)

View user profile

46 Re: The Library on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:41 pm

bradly wrote:
Hey, since Candelos cast "One heart, one mind" before Miri's turn, would she know what Vyrellis said to Candelos to try to parley?

If not, I've no problem attacking either... :-)

The power does say that the targets can communicate with each other, but I don't think the orb communications would be broadcast to all party members.

Candelos could have relayed what the statue looked like to the rest, but as soon as he was visible to the enemies, he was attacked.

Now that Candelos is enraged, he can't communicate to the party and does not currently consider them allies.


Currently Kaddim's turn, then Sonya.

View user profile

47 Re: The Library on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:15 pm

Ross

avatar
Admin
Move: Use Armathor's Step and teleport directly north of the enemies
Minor: Promise of Storm (Effect: Until the end of your next turn, you deal 1d8 extra damage when you hit with a thunder attack or a lightning attack.)
Attack the one between me and Candelos. We should be flanking even if Candelos is not my friend, he's still threatening the opponent opposite from the side I'm attacking from)
Standard: Booming Blade (It's a Thunder Attack)
If it's still up I'll use an Action Point Standard and attack it again: Booming Blade
If it went down I'll attack the other one with Booming Blade.


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

48 Re: The Library on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:51 pm

Ross wrote:Move: Use Armathor's Step and teleport directly north of the enemies
Minor: Promise of Storm (Effect: Until the end of your next turn, you deal 1d8 extra damage when you hit with a thunder attack or a lightning attack.)
Attack the one between me and Candelos. We should be flanking even if Candelos is not my friend, he's still threatening the opponent opposite from the side I'm attacking from)
Standard: Booming Blade (It's a Thunder Attack)
If it's still up I'll use an Action Point Standard and attack it again: Booming Blade
If it went down I'll attack the other one with Booming Blade.

The door north of Kaddim is closed and blocks line of sight to the square you want to teleport into.

Kaddim would need to either open the door or move around it like Miri did.

Note: Candelos had to go around as well, but it wouldn't have affected his actions since there is no penalty for diagonal movement in 4E.



P285 of the PHB defines flanking and states:

To flank an enemy, you and an ally must be adjacent to the enemy and on opposite sides or corners of the enemy’s space.

Candelos is currently not considered an ally.

View user profile

49 Re: The Library on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:Candelos is currently not considered an ally.

The creature did attack Candelos though. Ghandi said, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" (...'ally' is the same idea). Since they are attacking each other, it seems reasonable to allow it. Even enraged, Candelos would want to attack back the most adjacent creature, who is also attacking him, so combat advantage does make sense.

You're the GM, so your call, but that's my input...

View user profile

50 Re: The Library on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Ross

avatar
Admin
I'll just say, someone open this door, and delay.


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum