Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Library

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 15]

1 The Library on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:29 am

Where does the party want to go next?


This is the map the arboreans gave the party...



Last edited by Dwarmaj on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: The Library on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:55 pm

Did we discover how to cure the diseases that our party members currently have?

Kaddim, please check everyone to make sure no one else is infected.

We also need to take at least a short rest.

View user profile

3 Re: The Library on Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:28 pm

Ross

avatar
Admin
Checking.


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

4 Re: The Library on Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:07 pm

Krystoff wrote:Did we discover how to cure the diseases that our party members currently have?

The party was told to seek out the library, but haven't found it yet.

Krystoff wrote:
Kaddim, please check everyone to make sure no one else is infected.

Candelos and Quinn are still diseased.

Krystoff wrote:We also need to take at least a short rest.
The party takes a short rest.

Where to next...

View user profile

5 Re: The Library on Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:32 pm

Hmm, in the northwest corner of the first room there appears to be a hallway that leads to a black area on the map. Unless anyone objects, that is where we head to.

If we can't get in there, there is a door that leads east in the room north of the water room that looks like it goes to the same place.

View user profile

6 Re: The Library on Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:44 pm

Krystoff wrote:Unless anyone objects, that is where we head to...

I'm game for anywhere, but the big room to the N of the pit room is where I'd check out first. Those log looking things on the map might be bookshelves...

View user profile

7 Re: The Library on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:44 pm

I thought we had been there, if we haven't then yeah that is where we go.

View user profile

8 Where next on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Sonya agrees with Thia

View user profile

9 Re: The Library on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:30 am

Current PC status:

Kaddim 61/73hp 9/11 surges
Sonya 61/61hp 5/9 surges
Thia 60/60hp 6/7 surges
Miri 42/54hp 6/9 surges
Quinn 52/73hp 6/11 surges
Candelos 59/72hp 11/14 surges

If you'd like to use a healing surge, let me know...

The party hasn't checked out the room directly north of the "pit" area yet. It's visible on your map because the Arboreans provided the intel.

View user profile

10 Re: The Library on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:02 am

Then north of the pit room we head.

View user profile

11 Re: The Library on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:54 pm

Krystoff wrote:Then north of the pit room we head.

Sounds good. Also, it looks like only Quinn would want to use a healing surge. Everyone else would be wasting a few hits, and Quinn really doesn't want to get bloodied.

View user profile

12 Re: The Library on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:16 pm

Yes I will use a healing surge please.

View user profile

13 Re: The Library on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:01 pm

What's the party going to do with the items/gold? (the Vyrellis tells Candelos to secure the gem).

After the party takes a short rest (Quinn uses a healing surge), the party makes their way back to the pit room. Traveling back only takes a few minutes and is uneventful.

North of the "pit" room the party sees doors to your west that aren't on your map and doors to your north.



What does the party want to do?

View user profile

14 Re: The Library on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:04 pm

I say lets continue to the north,I would like to get rid of the diseases before doing a lot more exploring.

View user profile

15 Re: The Library on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:11 am

Concur with Thia. We'll have our best listeners listen to the door, but not open it & move on N to what we hope is the library.

We'll have Candelos hold the gem that the orb wants, and Miri will hold everything else unless there's someone who wants to hold/use anything.

View user profile

16 Finding the Cure on Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:50 am

Sonya agrees that we should try to find the library.
Sonya suggests that Miri put on the +3 Cloth Armor unless Miri is already wearing something better.
Yeah, we'll take a listen at the unmarked doors, but continue to look for the library.

View user profile

17 Re: The Library on Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:53 am

Candelos:
You notice that once you have the gem (part of Vyrellis life force) the orb states: "Truly, you have greatness in you, hero.". The orb now grants new abilities to you.

Note: You have to be holding the orb to gain the properties or to activate a daily powers.

Properties:
+2 Arcana, History, and Religion checks
+1 Will Defense
Resis 10 Radiance

Encounter:
Move Action. Teleport 7

Daily Powers:
1. Standard Action. Create an aura (1) of cold. Creatures starting their turn adjacent to you take 1d6 cold damage and are sloweduntil the start of their next turn.
2. Standard Action. You become invisible until you miss with an attack or take damage.
3. Standard Action. Close burst 3; +13 vs Will; 2d6+3 psychic damage, and the target is dazed (save ends).

View user profile

18 Re: The Library on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:08 am

The party listens at the door to the west and don't hear anything.

The party heads north.

As the party moves toward the doors each starts to hear whispers in several different languages and many different voices. Each "voice" appears to be telling a story, reciting a poem, or describing how to perform some task. It is very difficult to pick out exactly what's being said because of the large number of voices speaking at the same time.

Thia attempts to listen at the door, but is unable to hear anything above the jumbled voices. The door is unlocked.

Is this order ok?

View user profile

19 Re: The Library on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:29 am

Looks good to me.

View user profile

20 Order on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:20 am

...I think we're at the library. That order is fine with me.

View user profile

21 Re: The Library on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:17 pm

Quinn opens the door and sees the following:



Ahead, Quinn can make out a grassy square with a statue of an Eladrin princess standing in the middle. The room is dimly lit, but you can make out book shelves which line the walls and rows of shelves to the east.


How far in do you want to go?
Which direction?

View user profile

22 Re: The Library on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:39 pm

Max movement, stright. (eg 5 squares to the north)

View user profile

23 Re: The Library on Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:49 pm

After Quinn enters, Miri will move 1 sq NW into Quinn's old square, 1 sq N through the doors, then 1 sq E to get out of the way of the doorway (3 squares total) for her move action.

Minor action: cast 'Light' spell 5 squares N near the statue (max distance)

Standard action: total defense action

done.

View user profile

24 Re: The Library on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:07 pm

David wrote:Max movement, stright. (eg 5 squares to the north)

Quinn moves forward 4 squares and sees the following:



Quinn sees two humanoid creatures wielding longbows. One to the east on top of the book shelves and one to the west on top of the book shelves. They are 10' up.

They shoot...

Longbowman #1 26 vs Ac hits for 6hp
Longbowman #2 29 vs Ac hits for 9hp

Quinn has 1 square of movement remaining, then can take a standard action.



Last edited by Dwarmaj on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

25 Re: The Library on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:25 am

Charge bookshelf to knock over

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 15]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum