Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics
» 4.0 Meeting Fri Dec 15th - GAME On!
Yesterday at 8:27 am by Teramotos

» Axis and Allies - Optional Unit Rules
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:15 am by Teramotos

» Rainbow Warriors Planet Ember - Magic Item Count - Adventure Notes
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:08 pm by Teramotos

» Prophecy of the Rainbow Warriors - Adventure Logs
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:04 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! 4.0 Meeting Friday Dec 1st Newport Hills
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 am by bradly

» Next 4.0 Meeting Late Nov/ all Dec
Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:17 am by Teramotos

» Stargate...
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:14 am by Dwarmaj

» Friday, Nov 17th
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:16 am by Teramotos

» Epic item tade in: would a figurine be game breaking?
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:12 pm by Ross

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unopened Door

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

26 Re: Unopened Door on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:

Danna:
Well that didn't go so well.
"No, not for me either. It drains me to try to magically open this door. Hold on a moment longer, we'll figure something out. By the way Priestess, can you cure Moon Frenzy?"

<stepping away from the doorway?>
To party: "What do you all suggest? Shall we all go in there or what? I think Candelos (with the Orb) & Quinn should go in & try to come out with the rest of us at the ready in the doorway."
"Who has any ideas?"

View user profile

27 Re: Unopened Door on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:20 pm

Ross

avatar
Admin
We mind as well all go in. If that's not line of sight it's probably another plane or something. So we might be splitting up if only some go in.


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

28 Re: Unopened Door on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:13 pm

bradly wrote:
By the way Priestess, can you cure Moon Frenzy?"

I don't have that ritual, but I should be able to make them feel better. Who has Moon Frenzy?

View user profile

29 Re: Unopened Door on Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:45 am

Dwarmaj wrote:
bradly wrote:
By the way Priestess, can you cure Moon Frenzy?"

I don't have that ritual, but I should be able to make them feel better. Who has Moon Frenzy?

Miri: "Oh, that's unimportant for now. The important thing is getting you out of there. Let's focus on that for now, and after that we can chat about everything."

Miri: standard action: cast 'Ghost Sound' to whisper so only Candelos can hear, "I'm not sure I trust her yet, but what does the Orb think? I'm leaning towards all of us going in and breaking the trap from there."
Free action: (to everyone) "Can anyone think of a better idea than all of us going in?"

View user profile

30 Ideas on Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:27 am

...nope, can't think of anything, are there any other visible doors, vents, openings, etc. we can see, maybe there's another way in. Which means there's another possible way out.

View user profile

31 Re: Unopened Door on Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:35 am

Ross

avatar
Admin
Okay, let's go in.


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

32 Let's Go on Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:40 am

I'm right behind Kaddim.

View user profile

33 Re: Unopened Door on Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:46 am

Ross wrote:Okay, let's go in.
Miri will follow Candelos & go in or not with him.

View user profile

34 Re: Unopened Door on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:03 am

bradly wrote:
Miri: standard action: cast 'Ghost Sound' to whisper so only Candelos can hear, "I'm not sure I trust her yet, but what does the Orb think? I'm leaning towards all of us going in and breaking the trap from there."

Vyrellis tells Candelos, I'd trust no one in this place if I were you, not even those you consider friends...

View user profile

35 Re: Unopened Door on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:15 am

The party enters the room and the door automatically shuts when the last member enters.

Danna:
Oh thank you, thank you. I just know you'll figure this out. She seems very excited and rushes over and gives Kaddim a big kiss on the cheek (now that you can see her up close, she'd beat Sonya, Miri, or Tia in a beauty contest any day...).

Come on, come on check out the alter. She motions for the party to head north to the alter.

View user profile

36 Kaddim on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:48 am

...oh oh, was that an "attack"? Make insight check. Does Kaddim feel drained, weakened, dominated, or randy?

View user profile

37 Re: Unopened Door on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:18 am

Ross

avatar
Admin
Hmm, she's better looking than the 3 women with us.
Answer: I'm Randy

However, as soon as I enter I use the goggles on her, since I couldn't use them before.
Power (Encounter): Minor Action. Choose a target
within 10 squares of you. Learn the target's
current and maximum hit point values, any
current disease or poison conditions on the
target, and any disease or poison effect the
target can deal.


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

38 Re: Unopened Door on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:38 pm

Teramotos wrote:...oh oh, was that an "attack"? Make insight check. Does Kaddim feel drained, weakened, dominated, or randy?

No attack as far as you can tell. She does seem very happy the party has come to her aid.



Ross wrote:
However, as soon as I enter I use the goggles on her, since I couldn't use them before.

Danna stats that you can determine using the goggles:
Current/Max HP 90/90
No current poisons or diseases
Can not deal poison or diseases

View user profile

39 Whispers on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:44 pm

...Sonya whispers to Kaddim, might want to check yourself.

Out of character - 90 hits, well, guess she's not a minion!

View user profile

40 Re: Unopened Door on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:46 pm

Ross

avatar
Admin
Well then, I hug her back with enthusiasm.


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

41 Re: Unopened Door on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:55 pm

Ross wrote:Well then, I hug her back with enthusiasm.

You see a big smile on her face and she seems to really enjoy that.

Danna to the party:
We should move away from the door, I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt.

Come take a look at the alter to see if you can get by this ward.

Anyone going to take a look at the alter? The doors?

What will the party do?



Vyrellis to Candelos:
It's here somewhere... You must find it.

View user profile

42 Re: Unopened Door on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:17 pm

Candelos will ask.
What kind of item would your soul be contained in?
If I get close to it would you know?

I'll slowly wander around the room except for near the alter or door.
I wouldn't want to be put into a frenzy by the electrical ward by the door.

View user profile

43 Re: Unopened Door on Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:02 am

Dwarmaj wrote:Danna to the party:
We should move away from the door, I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt...

Miri: "The door is the first thing we should check I'd say. We can't even be sure yet that everyone is affected by it. Much easier to disarm or bypass a trap if we know what the trap is. What kind of energy attacked you and from where/how?"

View user profile

44 Looking on Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:04 am

Sonya will first examine the walls, very carefully, taking her time. Looking for panels and such. Then she will examine the doorway(s) and finally the altar.

View user profile

45 Re: Unopened Door on Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:36 pm

Mick wrote:Candelos will ask.
What kind of item would your soul be contained in?
If I get close to it would you know?

I'll slowly wander around the room except for near the alter or door.
I wouldn't want to be put into a frenzy by the electrical ward by the door.

Teramotos wrote:Sonya will first examine the walls, very carefully, taking her time. Looking for panels and such. Then she will examine the doorway(s) and finally the altar.

Candelos (+11) and Sonya (+3) are slowly checking the walls.

Note: I'm assuming they're each using a standard action to perform a Perception check at each 5' section of the wall.


While they're doing that:
I moved Thia into the center of the room. Chris, let me know if you want to be somewhere else.

Danna moves to one of the pews and askes Kaddim to join her.

Miri is still debating checking the doors so I left her there with Quinn.


Here's a map where I currently have each PC.

View user profile

46 Re: Unopened Door on Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:32 pm

Thia doesn't want to be quite so close to Danna and doesn't trust her sudden love of Kaddim. Something is going on there.

She will scan for traps, magical or otherwise.

View user profile

47 Re: Unopened Door on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am

Krystoff wrote:Thia doesn't want to be quite so close to Danna and doesn't trust her sudden love of Kaddim. Something is going on there.

She will scan for traps, magical or otherwise.

Thia may want to give Sonya a hand. Her +3 perception vs your +16 may come in handy.


Miri, which will you be checking first? Doors, alter, or walls?

View user profile

48 Perception on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:21 am

yep, sounds good to me, have the most perceptive person check and people who are not quite as perceptive assist.

View user profile

49 Re: Unopened Door on Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:13 pm

Roger that, I will check in place of Sonya and have her assist me.

View user profile

50 Re: Unopened Door on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:59 am

Sorry, pretty busy at work these days... also waiting on Miri for a specific course of action.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum