Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Traveling back to the Arboreans

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Traveling back to the Arboreans on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:01 am

It sounds like the party wants to head back to the Arborean area.

When the party gets back to the sahuagin room they see the following:



It looks as though the main east/west bridge has been cut down.

What does the party want to do next?

View user profile

2 Cross the Water on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:46 am

Miri, do we have a way to get perhaps two people to water walk and can perhaps then drag the bridge back here and repair it?

Everyone, do we have a way (other than swimming) to get everyone across?

View user profile

3 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:37 am

I can't remember if I have water walking boots on Thia. I usually get them for all my characters cause of the usefulness.

View user profile

4 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:30 am

[quote="Teramotos"]Miri, do we have a way to get perhaps two people to water walk and can perhaps then drag the bridge back here and repair it[/quote
Yes, each casting costs 10gp & takes 10 minutes (lasts 1 hour). But, the far E side of that bridge, where we want to go, if I recall right, was 30 feet in elevation and the island directly to our N was only 5' above the water.

With the Harpies and their pulling powers gone, I don't think the Sahaguins will be much of a threat. It was their combo that was tough. The Northern doors are unexplored and the bridges to it seem intact. While we're here I say we check them out & see if it leads around the the mirrored hallway again from the other side... or to a library.

Btw, those goggles Kaddim has seem pretty useful, as do water walking items... speak up if you want any items crafted. I have no waiting requests for our next extended rest and I'd love to make 3 items every rest!

View user profile

5 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:44 am

Ross

avatar
Admin
Kaddim will go into the room and say, "Fish creatures. We wish to parlay with you." and see if any come up to talk.


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

6 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:03 am

After about a minute one sahuagin surfaces, it looks like one of the trident wielding ones.

Sahuagin:
What is it you wish...

View user profile

7 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:38 am

Ross

avatar
Admin
We mean you no harm, but we will retaliate if attacked, as we did earlier.

We are trapped here as you are and are searching for a way out. We have allied with a couple of groups already and plan on taking all of them with us when we leave. We would welcome you into this alliance as well, if you were willing to cooperate with us. All we really ask is to allow safe passage through your room as needed. Then when we find a way through we'll come back here and escort everyone out.

What say you?


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

8 Negotiations on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:39 am

...Kaddim, that was a great idea.
If the party needs to make a diplomacy check, Sonya will gladly do so on the party's behalf (If the party tells me if there's anything I need to negotiate beyond safe passage through the room).

At a minimum, Sonya will attempt to assist (+2) to anyone attempting to negotiate with the fish people.

View user profile

9 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:10 pm

Ross wrote:We mean you no harm, but we will retaliate if attacked, as we did earlier.

We are trapped here as you are and are searching for a way out. We have allied with a couple of groups already and plan on taking all of them with us when we leave. We would welcome you into this alliance as well, if you were willing to cooperate with us. All we really ask is to allow safe passage through your room as needed. Then when we find a way through we'll come back here and escort everyone out.

What say you?

The sahuagin disapears from view for a bit, then the caster sahuagin appears.

Caster sahuagin:
We wish to leave this place as well and long for the open sea. We will allow passage for your group as long as you leave the water to us.

He slaps the water and two sahuagins apear towing the bridge pieces that were cut (only the west side of the bridge was cut). They hold the rope up for you or a party member to receive.

Touch the ropes to where they were cut and they will mend.

View user profile

10 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:34 pm

Ross

avatar
Admin
Say, "Agreed. The waters will be yours and we shall find the way out for all of us."

I'll reach down and grab the rope, and touch it to where it was cut.


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

11 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:18 pm

Teramotos wrote:...Kaddim, that was a great idea.
Miri sort of agrees, but wonders what the Sisters of the Abbey will think of a bunch of imprisoned monsters let loose on the locals... Oh well, they hired us to find the Orb and we've done that! :-)

View user profile

12 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:58 pm

Teramotos wrote:...Kaddim, that was a great idea.

Yes it was.


The party makes it back to the Arborean area and a quickling waves you in.

As you approach a female arborean greets you and says:

Thank you for taking care of the Charnal Lord. We can feel his presence ebbing away from our area.

Camnor is busy, but wished me to give you the following:
1 magic shield
1 parchment map

The Map


She also tells you that the quickling haven't been able to eneter all of the rooms on this level, but the ones they have are on the map.

View user profile

13 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:29 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:Camnor is busy, but wished me to give you the following:
1 magic shield
1 parchment map
Nice! Miri will try to discern what properties the shield has. Does any of our boys use a shield?
I'm guessing the library is in the locked room the Humans couldn't explore. I say we check that out first, telling Ferrence we might be able to cure him & invite him along. Then I say we explore the room No of the Pit Room, then the Fire room to the West and the neighboring room to it's East before heading upstairs.
After Candelos & Sonya talk to Ferrence & we're ready to check out that locked room, Miri will prepare a 'Knock' ritual using gold from party treasure.

View user profile

14 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Ross

avatar
Admin
I suggest we go a little lite on the magic item creation for now, or at least always keep a certain amount of resources available. You never know what kind of item we'll need while looking for the way out, and if we gear everything towards combat we might be crippling ourselves.


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

15 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:05 pm

bradly wrote:Miri will try to discern what properties the shield has. Does any of our boys use a shield?

The shield is:
Shield type: Light
Property: Guardian



Does the party want to do anything else before heading off?

View user profile

16 Anything else? on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:10 pm

...Sonya will ask the aborean about the seed, their motives for implanting it, and if they care about the seed's fate.

View user profile

17 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:16 am

Dwarmaj wrote:

The shield is:
Shield type: Light
Property: Guardian
Anyone use a light shield? This is a level 10 item, so if we dust it, it's worth 5k/5= 1k worth of residuum. All it does is:Power (Daily): Immediate Interrupt. You can use this power
when an adjacent ally is hit by an attack. You are hit by
the attack instead. You then gain resistance to all damage
equal to half the damage dealt by the attack (if any) until

the start of your next turn.

Unless someone wants it, until we extended rest someone who uses a shield might as well hold onto it if they don't have a magical one... Actually, it might be useful to have one of the boys use this staying adjacent to Candelos to keep him from Moon Frenzying until we can cure him...

View user profile

18 Shield on Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:28 am

...Sonya uses a shield but it is a hvy shield. If Candelos is going to hang out next to me and the party really thinks it useful, I'll strap the throwing shield to my back and use this, otherwise dust the light shield unless one of the defenders wants to use it.

View user profile

19 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:57 am

Teramotos wrote:...Sonya will ask the aborean about the seed, their motives for implanting it, and if they care about the seed's fate.

The arborean will tell you that it is there way to keep track of allies. It also allowed them to map the place as the quicklings carry them too and it allows us to know where they are.

It is also helpful for when allies become enemies...

It is purely defensive and no harm will come to you. Once removed, the seed will become inert after a short time.

View user profile

20 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:11 pm

Can't dust the shield until we extended rest, so you might as well hold onto it.

Dwarmaj wrote:...It is purely defensive and no harm will come to you...
This all sounds reasonable and makes sense, but I don't really trust them. Miri is +9 to insight... Do I get the impression they are telling us the whole truth about these seeds?

...Off to the Human stronghold to talk to Ferrence & explore the room they couldn't open. When we get there, Miri will cast 'Knock'.

View user profile

21 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:37 am

bradly wrote:This all sounds reasonable and makes sense, but I don't really trust them. Miri is +9 to insight... Do I get the impression they are telling us the whole truth about these seeds?

You believe that the arborean is being truthful and note that no appology was given for planting the seed.


Note:
Thia makes her nature check and knows the following:
Lycanthropy is hereditary, and lycanthropes mate with those of a similar species to produce lycanthrope offspring.

Some lycanthropes can also mate with similarly sized humanoids, sometimes producing lycanthrope children. However, the blood is diluted in this way, and many such children never change or instead become shifters.

DM Note:
Unlike in earlier editions, lycanthropy can't be transmitted to humanoids. Only Moon Feaver can, which is curable with the right ritual...



So, the party heads back to the human area. They're in the barricade room just off of the lizardman room. Ferrence is on one side of the barricade while everyone else is on the other.

They greet the party and ask how your exploring has been going.

View user profile

22 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:52 am

Ross

avatar
Admin
Is Ferrence on our side, or are the other humans?
Insight check to see if I think they have any malicious or duplicitous intent.


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

23 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:02 am

Ross wrote:Is Ferrence on our side, or are the other humans?
Insight check to see if I think they have any malicious or duplicitous intent.

You don't think anything funny is going on.

The humans don't trust Ferrence 100% and don't want him going beserk and killing any more of them. If he does freak out, they can easily escape through the teleporting corridor.

Ferrence understands and is ok with it.

View user profile

24 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:08 am

Ross

avatar
Admin
Good. Give them all an update of who we have encountered and who we have allied with, or at least have come to agreements with.


_________________
CHARACTERS:
Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn


Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

25 Re: Traveling back to the Arboreans on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:18 am

So someone with Religion or Arcana needs to deduce which ritual is needed to get rid of Moon Fever and then we need to figure out a way to get that ritual. I think the library is our best bet.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum