Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Pit

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: The Pit on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Thia climbs up to where Kaddim is (Athletics check 22 vs 10 for climbing a rope). She didn't need much help from Kaddim so he didn't need to make a check.

Thia notes (after spending several rounds looking at the trap...) that there is more than one set of pressure plates that activate the trap. To activate it from this side (the chute/pit area) someone needs to be in the northwest most squares and activate that set of plates, then activate a set in the middle (requires an athletics check for moving horizontally), then press another set of plates on the northeast.

Hmm, DM thinking to self... It sure would be nice is a certain PC new what type of armor they wore. It might be useful in a situation like this... scratch

View user profile

27 Re: The Pit on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:34 pm

Hmm, perhaps the second set of pressure plates moves it backwards.

View user profile

28 Re: The Pit on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:44 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:
Hmm, DM thinking to self... It sure would be nice is a certain PC new what type of armor they wore. It might be useful in a situation like this... scratch
Hey, that's me!
"Kaddim, pull me up with a rope. If I can get adjacent to the wall, my breaching armor can teleport me through."

View user profile

29 Re: The Pit on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:50 pm

Assuming Kaddim helps me climb a rope so I can get adjacent to the revolving floor, Miri will activate her breaching armor to teleport through to the surface. Once there (assuming the room is empty), she will pull out a rope from her adventuring gear and tie one end to the statue and with a slip knot tie herself around the other end. Knowing how the trap works, is there a place she thinks she can jam the floor part way through it's rotation allowing the party to climb out?

View user profile

30 Re: The Pit on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:22 pm

bradly wrote:Assuming Kaddim helps me climb a rope so I can get adjacent to the revolving floor, Miri will activate her breaching armor to teleport through to the surface. Once there (assuming the room is empty), she will pull out a rope from her adventuring gear and tie one end to the statue and with a slip knot tie herself around the other end. Knowing how the trap works, is there a place she thinks she can jam the floor part way through it's rotation allowing the party to climb out?

Kaddim and Thia help Miri up. Miri has trouble making it up the slope, even with the rope. Kaddim asks Miri if she's gained a few pounds... Embarassed

To Thia:
The trap looks like you have to press each pressure plate in sequence (either east/mid/west or west/mid/east should work). There are a few scrapes on the wall and you believe the trap only moves in one direction.

Miri is able to teleport to the other side of the wall. Which way do you want to go east or west?

Miri, you don't think you can jam the trap and trigger it. Also, it moved pretty quick and forceful, you'd need something really sturdy to try to stop the wall/floor from pivoting.

View user profile

31 Re: The Pit on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:42 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:Miri is able to teleport to the other side of the wall. Which way do you want to go east or west?
Miri will move West toward the statue, take out her rope & tie one end to the statue. Can Miri still communicate with the party (This) via the mind power Candelos used? I remember Quinn & Kaddim couldn't hear Miri when we got split up...
If so, I will describe to Thia exactly where I am, what I see, & trust her guidance on how to free the rest of the party.

"Mage Hand" can lift a 20lb object. I will use that & the heaviest thing I can find to drop on what I think to be the trigger.

"Kaddim asks Miri if she's gained a few pounds..."
That sounds like him! ...all the more reason to put a point in Cha when we advance! :-)

View user profile

32 Re: The Pit on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:07 pm

Ross

Admin
Kaddim says, "Looks like you put about 30lbs of points in already. Don't make yourself too beautiful, I can barely stand to look at you now."

Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

33 Re: The Pit on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:21 am

Ross wrote:Kaddim says, "Looks like you put about 30lbs of points in already. Don't make yourself too beautiful, I can barely stand to look at you now."
"You're not batting for the other team now, are you? Leaning more towards Sonya, or Quinn?..." ;-)

View user profile

34 Re: The Pit on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Sorry, was off yesterday and today is packed.

I'll try to update a few things this evening...

View user profile

35 Re: The Pit on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:46 pm

Ross

Admin
Kaddim to Miri, "Let's find us a nice private room and I'll show ya. Let's just say I'm not into nun's or buns."

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.

36 Re: The Pit on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:29 pm

bradly wrote:
Miri will move West toward the statue, take out her rope & tie one end to the statue. Can Miri still communicate with the party (This) via the mind power Candelos used? I remember Quinn & Kaddim couldn't hear Miri when we got split up...
If so, I will describe to Thia exactly where I am, what I see, & trust her guidance on how to free the rest of the party.

"Mage Hand" can lift a 20lb object. I will use that & the heaviest thing I can find to drop on what I think to be the trigger.

Miri moves west and ties one end of her rope to the statue and the rest of the rope sits on the trapped area.

The heavies thing around would be your backpack, there may be parts of the bridge left in the sahuagin room, but there are sahuagin still in there too...

Sure, the telepathy is still up, about a minute left.

Anyone have any ideas for Miri?

View user profile

37 Re: The Pit on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:49 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:The heavies thing around would be your backpack, there may be parts of the bridge left in the sahuagin room, but there are sahuagin still in there too...
I'd like to free the others before I go exploring by myself... What if I try to smash an arm of the statue (near the wrist for leverage) with my staff? Would that be heavy enough to grab with 'Mage Hand' and drop on a trigger plate? I'll try that while telepathically communicating to the others, "Well, I'm up here now & the room looks fairly empty. I have a rope tied around the statue we passed on the way in... any suggestions on how to get everybody out?"

View user profile

38 Re: The Pit on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:57 pm

I just thought of something, if my backpack is heavy enough to work the trigger, and I can't break a piece of the statue, I'll go ahead & try dropping my backpack on what I think is the trigger. It shouldn't be lost since other party members in the pit can catch it. As I do I'll think, "Trying to activate the trigger... NOW!" {timed with release of backpack/stone arm of statue}
If it's not activating the obvious trigger, I'll try dropping it from as high as I can...
"Candelos, try to maintain this psychic link as long as you can... I'm lonely up here by myself; I prefer company!"

View user profile

39 Re: The Pit on Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:02 am

Ross

Admin
Why don't u tie a rope to your backpack and throw it on a potential pressure plate instead.

40 Re: The Pit on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:00 am

bradly wrote:I just thought of something, if my backpack is heavy enough to work the trigger, and I can't break a piece of the statue, I'll go ahead & try dropping my backpack on what I think is the trigger. It shouldn't be lost since other party members in the pit can catch it. As I do I'll think, "Trying to activate the trigger... NOW!" {timed with release of backpack/stone arm of statue}
If it's not activating the obvious trigger, I'll try dropping it from as high as I can...
"Candelos, try to maintain this psychic link as long as you can... I'm lonely up here by myself; I prefer company!"

Miri successfully breaks off an arm from the statue and uses it with Mage Hand to trigger the trap.

The trap triggers and the statue arm is catapulted down the chute.
Thia and Kaddim are dropped into a pitch black room (no light source) room below the chute and are surrounded by rats.

The initiative order is Rats, Kaddim, then Thia.

Rats turn:
Two attack Kaddim
20 vs AC miss
16 vs AC miss

Two attack Thia
21 vs AC miss
27 vs AC hits for 5hp

Kaddim's turn...
At the start of Kaddim's turn he takes 4hp of necrotic damage from the rats aura.

As the trap triggers... 6 rats are deposited into the room with Miri. The initiative order is Rats, then Miri

Rats turn:
the rats move to surround Miri. One of the rats povokes an AoO

Miri AoO 19 vs Ac miss

The rats each attempt to bite Miri
Rat#1 17 vs AC miss
Rat#2 13 vs AC miss
Rat#3 28 vs AC hits for 5hp
Rat#4 20 vs AC miss
Rat#5 32 vs AC hits for 5hp
Rat#6 26 vs AC hits for 5hp

Miri's turn
At the start of Miri's turn she takes 12hp of necrotic damage from the rats aura.

View user profile

41 Re: The Pit on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:38 pm

Note:
Since Kaddim had to have a rest before he teleported up, each PC has all encounter powers refreshed. But the telepathy power Candelos used is no longer active.

View user profile

42 Re: The Pit on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Ross

Admin
Attempt to move to get as many rats within 1 square of me and do a sword burst.

43 Re: The Pit on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:41 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:Miri successfully breaks off an arm from the statue and uses it with Mage Hand to trigger the trap.
Not that Miri would know, but what happened to the rope? Can the party grab it from the bottom end or did it get cut by the wall & the revolving floor?
Dwarmaj wrote:Miri moves west and ties one end of her rope to the statue and the rest of the rope sits on the trapped area.
Dwarmaj wrote:
The rats each attempt to bite Miri
Rat#1 17 vs AC miss
Rat#2 13 vs AC miss
Rat#3 28 vs AC hits for 5hp
Rat#4 20 vs AC miss
Rat#5 32 vs AC hits for 5hp
Rat#6 26 vs AC hits for 5hp

Miri's turn
At the start of Miri's turn she takes 12hp of necrotic damage from the rats aura.
Miri will cast 'Fire Shroud' to quickly reduce the number of rat minions on her. Hopefully she gets them all or at least nearly so.
Once the rat minions are gone, unless Miri hears otherwise, her plan is to wait 5 minutes to get her encounter powers back, break off another arm of the statue (since that worked), and try to trigger the trap again.

View user profile

44 Re: The Pit on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Ross wrote:Attempt to move to get as many rats within 1 square of me and do a sword burst.

The room you're in has no light. Thia and you can't see.

Kaddim, you're in a corner and have a wall to the north and west, Thia to the south, and a rats to the east and southeast. You can't move.

Thia has a wall the west and has four rats adjacent to her.

The images are showing up at the moment, but there are more rats in the area then what you can sense...

View user profile

45 Re: The Pit on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:45 pm

Ross wrote:Why don't u tie a rope to your backpack and throw it on a potential pressure plate instead.
What would that do? I'm not seeing how this would help anything, but I think I'm misunderstanding what you mean...

View user profile

46 Re: The Pit on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:46 pm

bradly wrote:Miri will cast 'Fire Shroud' to quickly reduce the number of rat minions on her. Hopefully she gets them all or at least nearly so.
Once the rat minions are gone, unless Miri hears otherwise, her plan is to wait 5 minutes to get her encounter powers back, break off another arm of the statue (since that worked), and try to trigger the trap again.

Miri has all encounter powers refreshed... see post above (page 3 #11)

View user profile

47 Re: The Pit on Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:00 pm

Ross

Admin
Minor Action: Pull out a sunrod.
Standard Action: Sword Burst
If the rat is eliminated to my Southeast (checked by attempting to shift into that square)
Move Action: I will shift into that square.

48 Re: The Pit on Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:02 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:Miri has all encounter powers refreshed... see post above (page 3 #11)
Yeah, I saw that. That's why I cast it just now (I already used it against the rats before the Charnal Lord. I was thinking positively that I'd get all 6 this time & letting you know I plan on another 5 minute rest before trying to activate the trigger again.

'Fire Shroud' is my best minion clearing spell in case more rats come again & I want to have that spell back. Plus, I want to give the rest of the party time to get in position, do what they want to do, before I try again.
I think there are 4 sides to this revolving floor trap right? Seeing it work 2x now (3x if you include the time she went through), does she think she sees a way to jam it in mid rotation?

View user profile

49 Re: The Pit on Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:34 pm

If Thia can see she will try to shift and shoot 2 rats with twin strike.

View user profile

50 Sonya on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:08 am

...if Kaddim can hear me, I'll giving him "Commander's Strike"

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum