Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics
August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pocadia Saved (for now)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Pocadia Saved (for now) on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:47 am

...at Corona Keep, a battered company of horsemen return. The 11 men also have two "extra" horses in tow, the horses bearing the bodies of three fallen troopers. Members of Zazoo's Roughnecks either hear directly (from patrol members) or hear second hand from other troopers, what happened.

While near Pocadia a pair of company scouts located a large group of Hobgoblins. As the 20 or so Hobgoblins were heading toward Pocadia, one scout tailed the monsters while the other linked up with the remainder of the Corona horsemen and the Light Infantry Squad from Lord Donsolot. About a quarter mile from Pocadia, the combined forces of Lord Corona (under Captain Arnn) and Lord Donsolot (Captain Orion) supported by a half dozen members of the Pocadia militia ambushed the Hobgoblin force. All 20 hobgoblins were put to the sword with the loss of three troopers, two light footmen, and two Pocadia militia. Captain Orion saved the lives of two Pocadians but was seriously wounded in exchange; Herrnaught of Pocadia downed the Hobgoblin Shaman and two warriors; Captain Arnn downed four warriors, including the Hobgoblin sub-Chief. As the final few hobgoblins were making thier last stand, one of the Donsolot Light Footmen reported seeing a Priest of Hextor in the woods nearby. Upon being spotted, the priest rode off.

View user profile

2 Re: Pocadia Saved (for now) on Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:24 pm

Teramotos wrote:All 20 hobgoblins were put to the sword with the loss of three troopers, two light footmen, and two Pocadia militia.

I love the math. :p

IC: Gabby if you plan on riding back to protect your city, I have gone with you before, I will go with you again. This preist of Hextor needs to be stopped. My sword is always at your ready.

View user profile

3 The Math on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:18 pm

...seems about right 14 normal troopers led by a 6th level fighter, plus 10 normal light footmen led by a 4th level fighter, plus 4 villiagers with a 2nd level ranger and a 4th level fighter. The "good" forces have 30 total combatants, about half of which are mounted. The "good" forces are also attacking from ambush an enemy force that is on the move (e.g. the enemy force will not be in an idea defensive formation). 20 Hobgoblins means the attacking force gets first strike with about a 3 to 2 advantage. Taking 22% KIA seems about right for this type of engagement.

View user profile

4 Re: Pocadia Saved (for now) on Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:11 pm

I am not sure what you are trying to justify, I totaly understand. I must be in a sassy mood or something but I was jabbing at you said three losses from the good guys and then proceeded to name four deaths. 2+2=3? Thats where my nice math comment comes from. Wink

View user profile

5 3+2+2 = 7 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:36 pm

ahhh... I see, it is 3 troopers + 2 light foot + 2 villagers = 7 good guys killed in action. The light foot and the villagers are not (horsed) troopers. Yes, a Sassy mood. Smile

View user profile

6 Re: Pocadia Saved (for now) on Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Gotch ya, I was totaly off from not paying attention to your terminology.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum