Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics
» Axis and Allies - Optional Unit Rules
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:15 am by Teramotos

» 4.0 Meeting Fri Dec 15th - GAME On!
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:48 pm by Teramotos

» Rainbow Warriors Planet Ember - Magic Item Count - Adventure Notes
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:08 pm by Teramotos

» Prophecy of the Rainbow Warriors - Adventure Logs
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:04 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! 4.0 Meeting Friday Dec 1st Newport Hills
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 am by bradly

» Next 4.0 Meeting Late Nov/ all Dec
Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:17 am by Teramotos

» Stargate...
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:14 am by Dwarmaj

» Friday, Nov 17th
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:16 am by Teramotos

» Epic item tade in: would a figurine be game breaking?
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:12 pm by Ross

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

After Buffyverse - New Series

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 After Buffyverse - New Series on Mon May 23, 2016 10:50 am

Kenji,
So, for your new series, did I hear it right, all 18's and starting at 1st level?
We'd be allowed to keep one item from our current 30th Level PC.

Anything else we need to know?

View user profile

2 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Mon May 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Any Race/Class/gender okay. (Divine consciousness can explore itself from any aspect...) New PCs will also have occasional flashes of memories from their past Slayer lives, and also special abilities on your 'home planet' (to be discovered)

Yes, PCs will start with all 18s stats (only demigods, not gods, this time...), no modern or magic items to start with (save a single item from your current PC), but any mundane D&D world items you want. (I.e, crossbows okay, C-4 unavailable)

Also, I need everyone's input on what you think the 12 Slayer planets should be like. What I'm thinking so far is...

Planet Blade: Appears deserted, large swirling ribbons of black mist everywhere obscuring vision...

Planet Kennaday: Lots of helpful and sharing communities...

Planet Ember: Large areas of molten surface, frequent and severe thunderstorms...

Planet Ashe: Very Sunny and bright, no Vampires, small Moon/Sun orbiting providing extra daylight...

Planet Aragast: Huge floating islands that randomly crash back to ground, lots of herds of Rhinos, Goats, Rams, etc...

Planet Aura: (Trevor's old PC) Seems like a Woodland Paradise during the day, Vampire playground after Sunset...

Etc. Thoughts? Things to add? I'll need people's help to make the next campaign as rich as possible. More urgently, we need to flesh out Planet Ashe or Planet Kenneday as we'll start out there, saving Planet Blade or Planet Ember for higher levels... Twisted Evil

View user profile

3 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Mon May 23, 2016 4:57 pm

Ross

Admin
Picking a magic item to pass on is really hard if you want to play a new PC.
I decided to pass down my Carnage Falchion as a +6 to hit/damage and 3[W] + 6d12 on a critical is pretty cool.
I think my new character will be a Vryloka Paladin (Blackguard).

Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
Battlefield 4 Soldier: Saturnicus
Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
View user profile http://twitter.com/NWGamerDude

4 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Mon May 23, 2016 8:29 pm

You know the Island Wonder Woman came from? That should be Kennaday's planet.

View user profile

5 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Tue May 24, 2016 9:11 am

I was planning on passing a weapon down also.
It's the item the character would get the most use out of at all levels.

I assume it doesn't have to be the exact item.
Ember used a staff because she was a wizard. Staff is not the best weapon for a melee character.
So I would change the staff to a appropriate equivalent.

View user profile

6 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Tue May 24, 2016 12:12 pm

Hmmm... there's an argument for passing down either armor (helps AC by a ton!) or a neck item (increases Fort, Ref and Will). I think that way more than half the attacks hit AC but the attacks with the most debilitating effects often strike at other than AC. If you're a PC that hides a lot or otherwise doesn't get targeted, then maybe a weapon. If you're a PC that's in the middle of the mix, maybe armor. If you're using your weapon once a round on your turn but getting attacked by monsters several times a turn, maybe you'll get better use out of armor?

View user profile

7 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Tue May 24, 2016 1:57 pm

I'm looking at making a striker (big surprise)(melee-er instead of a caster), I'm thinking a weapon will be more important then armor.

View user profile

8 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Wed May 25, 2016 12:49 pm

Ross

Admin
I was weighing armor vs weapon as well.

Armor gives you good armor class, but you can still be hit normally against your secondary defenses
Whereas Neck items only give you good secondary defenses, but no armor.
Weapons give you + to hit and + to damage and a huge + to crits.

For a Striker a weapon is probably better.
Defenders probably get more benefit from Armor.

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.

9 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Wed May 25, 2016 1:30 pm

It's an interesting question that is for sure.

If you are too hard to hit as a defender the bad guys will head after the squishies. Hitting too hard as a striker is just doing your job better though.

I am trying to weigh the benefits of +6 armor/weapon to utility items like the ring of free time but it will most likely come down to what class I decide to play. Currently I am thinking a leader of some type.

View user profile

10 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Thu May 26, 2016 11:06 am

Mick wrote:I assume it doesn't have to be the exact item.

Assuming wrong! For story-line flavor, these items will be the precise items the Slayers used. Your new PC will have something that belonged to Ember, not a similar item as she had. These are unique artifacts...

Planet Kenneday does seem "Wonder Woman Isle"-esque... I like it!

Ross playing a blood guard? Not really surprised...

Any race/class/background is okay, but there is some mystery about your birth. Raised by 'family friends' of your parents or the like, you don't remember your actual parents and don't know anyone else who knew them. (i.e., possibly immaculately conceived? Raised by Angels?) Feel free to make up any background that fits this scenario too...

View user profile

11 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Thu May 26, 2016 12:14 pm

Ouch, that make changing roles from a controller/caster to a melee striker very difficult or not worth changing.
Most of her items are geared too or are only for wizards.
If I take the staff, I should got the dragon ruin embedded in it too. Rolling Eyes

View user profile

12 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Thu May 26, 2016 4:11 pm

Mick wrote:Ouch, that make changing roles from a controller/caster to a melee striker very difficult or not worth changing.
Most of her items are geared too or are only for wizards.
If I take the staff, I should got the dragon ruin embedded in it too. Rolling Eyes

You can use the "Transfer Enchantment" ritual to transfer the abilities to a similar item.

Spoiler:

You transfer the magical qualities (properties, powers, and enhancement bonus) of an enchanted item into another object. You must maintain physical contact with both items for the duration of the ritual. The receiving item must occupy the same magic item slot (head, waist, armor, and so on) and be the same type (wand, rod, weapon, and so on) as the original item. The enchantment to be moved must be valid for the receiving item, so that you cannot transfer ranged weapon properties to melee weapons, cloth-only armor properties to chainmail, and so on.

You can transfer an enchantment to an item that already contains a lower-level enchantment, but the receiving item’s previous magic is lost. For example, the enhancement bonus and power of a suit of +1 barkskin hide (5th level) could be placed into a suit of +1 curseforged scale (3rd level), but the scale armor’s existing power is lost in doing so. You cannot transfer an enchantment to an item that already has a higher-level enchantment.

View user profile

13 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Thu May 26, 2016 6:57 pm

You can use the "Transfer Enchantment" ritual to transfer the abilities to a similar item. wrote:
I could but that would only be good for the +6. The Ruin power is still of no use to a melee-er.
Will likely become a caster striker. Similar to Ember but likely not as powerful.

View user profile

14 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Fri May 27, 2016 7:13 am

Another option (with DM approval...) would be to inherit an item from a different slayer and they inherit yours.

View user profile

15 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:54 pm

I am thinking a cleric/bard type of character for me unless Kennedy's protege is going to be their. If her protege is going to be their I will Play some sort of warrior striker. I kinda want to play a war forged fighter with taunt ish stuff.

View user profile

16 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:14 pm

Not sure what PC yet...

1st choice will probably be a Leader (killswitch or flameswitch) and use Aya's Ring of Free Time
2nd choice would be an Aya clone (maybe change her race) since her weapon was pretty much build specific.

Are you sure you want to level up every other adventure through heroic?

View user profile

17 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:39 pm

Mick wrote:
I could but that would only be good for the +6. The Ruin power is still of no use to a melee-er.
Will likely become a caster striker. Similar to Ember but likely not as powerful.

If it's possible to swap the "Slayer Item", let me know if you'd be interested in Aya's weapon. I might make a Wizard instead of a Leader.

Crusader Weapon:

Crusader's Weapon
Level 9+
Uncommon

Those who hunt undead favor this weapon for its ability to strike at the creatures' vulnerabilities.

Lvl 9 +2 4,200 gp
Lvl 14 +3 21,000 gp
Lvl 19 +4 105,000 gp
Lvl 24 +5 525,000 gp
Lvl 29 +6 2,625,000 gp

Weapon: Hammer or mace

Enhancement Bonus: attack rolls and damage rolls

Critical: +1d6 damage per plus, +1d10 damage per plus against undead creatures.

Properties
Half the damage dealt with this weapon is radiant damage.

You can use this weapon as a holy symbol. It adds its enhancement bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls when used in this manner.

Power  Daily (Standard Action)Gain one additional use of Channel Divinity for this encounter.

Aya liked it because only half of the damage is radiant. Then she could make the other half a different type.

The monsters have a hard time resisting multiple damage types... Smile

View user profile

18 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:50 pm

Going to keep the Ruin staff. It should work with the Avenger/Wizard hybrid I'm making.

View user profile

19 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:05 pm

Mick wrote:Going to keep the Ruin staff. It should work with the Avenger/Wizard hybrid I'm making.

No problem

View user profile

20 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:31 pm

Question...

Should divine characters worship their old PC (they were considered gods at the end)?

Or the god they worshiped?

View user profile

21 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:33 am

So, are the starting stats 18 before racial and other adjustments?

View user profile

22 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:16 am

Ross

Admin
Before.

23 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:51 am

okay, thanks. I'll readjust...

View user profile

24 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:22 pm

Dwarmaj wrote:Question...

Should divine characters worship their old PC (they were considered gods at the end)?

Or the god they worshiped?

Your choice. A Deity the former Slayer aligned with is fine, and probably less work, but also can worship the Slayer (akin to Earth, or Gaia, worship in real world). Deities (or monsters) opposed to the former Slayers taking power will mean being a Lesser Deity instead of a greater Deity.

As far as trading artifacts, that's up to you, but the corresponding Aspect will need to "king Arthur" it out of stone before trading. We will roleplay finding all of the artifacts (You'll all need to eventually find them all...)

Post Script: Had a great time last night! A great distraction from my previous 48 hours... ;-)

View user profile

25 Re: After Buffyverse - New Series on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:31 am

Brad - do you care if I switch my Epic item, especially if I didn't have one for the first adventure any ways?

After reading Ken's information, I am reevaluating which item to keep.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum