Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics
» 4.0 Meeting Fri Dec 15th - GAME On!
Yesterday at 8:27 am by Teramotos

» Axis and Allies - Optional Unit Rules
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:15 am by Teramotos

» Rainbow Warriors Planet Ember - Magic Item Count - Adventure Notes
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:08 pm by Teramotos

» Prophecy of the Rainbow Warriors - Adventure Logs
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:04 pm by Teramotos

» Game On! 4.0 Meeting Friday Dec 1st Newport Hills
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 am by bradly

» Next 4.0 Meeting Late Nov/ all Dec
Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:17 am by Teramotos

» Stargate...
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:14 am by Dwarmaj

» Friday, Nov 17th
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:16 am by Teramotos

» Epic item tade in: would a figurine be game breaking?
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:12 pm by Ross

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

War 2! The Ship Gave me the Slip Mission

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 War 2! The Ship Gave me the Slip Mission on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:21 pm

Yeah, the adventure was a bit slower than I would have liked in the beginning, but picked up after the attack by the Devil Men from the mist on the ship. The battle in the tunnels was, well, "Epic". A very tense and tight battle. Souldun ran out of heals and most team members (except Vidia) were very, very pressed.

I was thinking, should we switch the WAR 2 series to Saturdays since starting at 7:30 PM after Hyper seems to have us ending later. Either that or I think I'll make the adventures two part adventures (which has already been done a couple times on this series).

I think I liked the battles from the last adventure better... even though they may not have been as tense.

Discuss...

View user profile

2 Re: War 2! The Ship Gave me the Slip Mission on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:21 pm

I think moving it to Saturday nights would be great because then sometimes we could meet earlier and so that we could play a bit more without having to stay so late. (although the staying up late does not bother me so much it is a big deal for those that have to drive Very Happy)
I liked the battle at the end of this one because it made us work more as a team and utilize our abilities more efficiently, Thus it was a bit more challenging. I don't think having fights like that all the time would be fun though because then it would just become frustrating. I also don't want to have as many easy fights as we have had up to this point.

View user profile

3 Re: War 2! The Ship Gave me the Slip Mission on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:41 pm

I like close battles too, however if the battle is geared to be "tight" and the party has a few bad dice rolls and the party's team work is a little less than optimal, then well, you get a TPK (total party kill). It's a fine balance between exciting and.... well everyone's dead... Axis and Allies now or Lords of Waterdeep? hahaha

Excellent comments, I do very much appreciate feedback, good or bad. Thanking you...

View user profile

4 Re: War 2! The Ship Gave me the Slip Mission on Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:18 pm

We are approaching the end of the campaign so it would not be too bad for a TPK to happen at this point, but if you are worried about it you could always include a run away spell that we could use when 75% of the party goes down or we roll bad and can see the death blow coming.

View user profile

5 Re: War 2! The Ship Gave me the Slip Mission on Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:06 am

...end of the series... hmmm one more at 8th, two at 9th, two at 10th, one at 11th (which will likely be a two part adventure) so six more adventures. We're more like two thirds through than close to the end. :-)

View user profile

6 Re: War 2! The Ship Gave me the Slip Mission on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:08 am

We are closer to the end than to the beginning so I was not toooo far off. I forgot that we were doing two at each level which threw my estimate off.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum