Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

War 2! The Ship Gave me the Slip Mission

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 War 2! The Ship Gave me the Slip Mission on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:21 pm

Yeah, the adventure was a bit slower than I would have liked in the beginning, but picked up after the attack by the Devil Men from the mist on the ship. The battle in the tunnels was, well, "Epic". A very tense and tight battle. Souldun ran out of heals and most team members (except Vidia) were very, very pressed.

I was thinking, should we switch the WAR 2 series to Saturdays since starting at 7:30 PM after Hyper seems to have us ending later. Either that or I think I'll make the adventures two part adventures (which has already been done a couple times on this series).

I think I liked the battles from the last adventure better... even though they may not have been as tense.

Discuss...

View user profile

2 Re: War 2! The Ship Gave me the Slip Mission on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:21 pm

I think moving it to Saturday nights would be great because then sometimes we could meet earlier and so that we could play a bit more without having to stay so late. (although the staying up late does not bother me so much it is a big deal for those that have to drive Very Happy)
I liked the battle at the end of this one because it made us work more as a team and utilize our abilities more efficiently, Thus it was a bit more challenging. I don't think having fights like that all the time would be fun though because then it would just become frustrating. I also don't want to have as many easy fights as we have had up to this point.

View user profile

3 Re: War 2! The Ship Gave me the Slip Mission on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:41 pm

I like close battles too, however if the battle is geared to be "tight" and the party has a few bad dice rolls and the party's team work is a little less than optimal, then well, you get a TPK (total party kill). It's a fine balance between exciting and.... well everyone's dead... Axis and Allies now or Lords of Waterdeep? hahaha

Excellent comments, I do very much appreciate feedback, good or bad. Thanking you...

View user profile

4 Re: War 2! The Ship Gave me the Slip Mission on Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:18 pm

We are approaching the end of the campaign so it would not be too bad for a TPK to happen at this point, but if you are worried about it you could always include a run away spell that we could use when 75% of the party goes down or we roll bad and can see the death blow coming.

View user profile

5 Re: War 2! The Ship Gave me the Slip Mission on Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:06 am

...end of the series... hmmm one more at 8th, two at 9th, two at 10th, one at 11th (which will likely be a two part adventure) so six more adventures. We're more like two thirds through than close to the end. :-)

View user profile

6 Re: War 2! The Ship Gave me the Slip Mission on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:08 am

We are closer to the end than to the beginning so I was not toooo far off. I forgot that we were doing two at each level which threw my estimate off.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum