Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Northwest Gamers

Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.

Northwest Gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics

» Adventure Logs - The Eastern Knights
WAR! I Need A Break Mission - Surges Remaining - DM Comments EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 3:51 pm by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - RIFTS
WAR! I Need A Break Mission - Surges Remaining - DM Comments EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 5:04 pm by Teramotos

» Savage Rifts Advancement/Rank
WAR! I Need A Break Mission - Surges Remaining - DM Comments EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:52 pm by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Shaelrick Adventures - PF2e
WAR! I Need A Break Mission - Surges Remaining - DM Comments EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 12:57 am by Teramotos

» Game On! Friday 8 March - Pathfinder 2e Newport Hills 6 PM
WAR! I Need A Break Mission - Surges Remaining - DM Comments EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 6:29 am by Teramotos

» Adventure Logs - Wisdom Warriors of Newport - Beginner Series 4e
WAR! I Need A Break Mission - Surges Remaining - DM Comments EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 11:22 am by Teramotos

» Westron Information
WAR! I Need A Break Mission - Surges Remaining - DM Comments EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 12:47 pm by Teramotos

» PF2e AoO from movement
WAR! I Need A Break Mission - Surges Remaining - DM Comments EmptyTue Feb 20, 2024 5:01 pm by Ross

» PF2e Misc Rules
WAR! I Need A Break Mission - Surges Remaining - DM Comments EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 12:17 pm by Ross

March 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 801 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:27 pm

5 posters

WAR! I Need A Break Mission - Surges Remaining - DM Comments

Teramotos
    Teramotos

Number of posts : 4844
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

WAR! I Need A Break Mission - Surges Remaining - DM Comments Empty WAR! I Need A Break Mission - Surges Remaining - DM Comments

Post by Teramotos Mon May 11, 2015 6:42 am

Post here how many surges you have left after healing up after the bridge battle. I'll insert my comments later..

Sonya Morecut (Human Warlord) - SG1
    Whey Baker (Human Fighter) - SG1
    Archemedies - (Githyanki Artificer) - Slave Ship
    Alysa Redfield (Human Archer Warlord) - Dark Nights Rising
    DenmarkDan

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2015-01-20

WAR! I Need A Break Mission - Surges Remaining - DM Comments Empty Re: WAR! I Need A Break Mission - Surges Remaining - DM Comments

Post by DenmarkDan Mon May 11, 2015 7:35 am

Thrain took more than 250 hit points of damage last adventure!!! So, he has no (0) surges left.
    Ross
    Ross
    Admin

Number of posts : 3864
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Character sheet
    Campaign: 4e-Against the Giants
    Character Name: Kazoo Noisemaker
    Player Name: Ross

WAR! I Need A Break Mission - Surges Remaining - DM Comments Empty Re: WAR! I Need A Break Mission - Surges Remaining - DM Comments

Post by Ross Mon May 11, 2015 7:37 am

Vidia has 5 out of 6.

Silk - Human/Hexblade [4e-Dark Nights Rising Campaign]
    Kazoo - Halfling(Kender)/Hybrid(Rogue/Druid) [4e-Against the Giants]
    Morbius Von Kas - Vryloka/Blackguard [4e-Rainbow Warriors Campaign]
    Man'Tis Man'Todea - Thri-Kreen/Berserker [4e-Slave Lords Campaign]
    Nathan Grey - Ardent (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Walt Dixon - Bladesinger (4e-Terran One Campaign)
    Shandral Aurlong - Human/Sorcerer [5e-Horde of the Dragon Queen Campaign]
    Danilo Rand - Monk/Human [5e-Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign]
    Battlefield Soldier: Saturnicus
    Diablo III Battletag: Saturnus#1572
    Neverwinter: @bobpatrick.com
    XBox GamerTag: Drizityn

Kazoo the Kender: "Hmm, I'll take....the Wand of Wonder." The rest of the party regretted giving Kazoo the first treasure pick.
    Arthur
    Arthur

Number of posts : 336
    Registration date : 2015-03-02

Post by Arthur Mon May 11, 2015 1:21 pm

Raistlin is at 40HP and 0 surges. However he dose posses a potion of recovery that grants your surge value plus 10HP without using a surge so he has limited healing.
    Teramotos
    Teramotos

Post by Teramotos Tue May 12, 2015 12:19 am

Just posted the recap for Part 1 and reviewed my notes. Thought Pax did a great job avoiding encounters that would not have furthered the mission and only used up party resources. Taking the barge instead of the road saved unneeded encounters as did not fighting the crew of the ship (they were pretty tough with two 8th Level Fighters and a 9th Level Leader (the guy w the whip).

The four orc scouts serving as rear guard were quite a bit more difficult than intended only because the party divided their attacks almost as evenly as possible, making sure the orcs could keep attacking as long as possible before falling; haha.

I liked the Perytons, two sizes with two different sets of stats and I especially liked how the group figured out the clues as to what the orcs were really up to. Awe, too bad I didn't get to carry anyone up to 100 feet and drop them! I also liked the "Cap Man" and the slight confusion regarding if the angel was "good" or not.

The battle at the bridge was "EPIC"!! I think I could have safely tossed in 10 more minions and the party would have still turned them back. Good play by all here, the two Defenders holding the line and the ranged characters were all really in their prime. Good strategic move to take out the Shaman first, even though he didn't have any long range area attacks; but the team could not have known that. The Shaman's primary purpose was to keep healing the tougher orcs so that they could push a break through on the bridge.

All in all, it's clear that the players are playing their respective characters much more effectively as individuals and overall team work is also improving. I'd be interested to hear any feedback, good or bad on the mission so far, individual encounters, or general team work of the group or things the DM can be doing to further enhance the game...

DenmarkDan

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2015-01-20

Post by DenmarkDan Tue May 12, 2015 11:13 am

I personally thought this adventure was the most interesting, so far. I liked how we were sent on one mission, but then got interrupted by other interesting storylines. Like, what's up with the slave trade? That's something I'd like to find out more about at some point. And suddenly we were in the midst of an orc invasion. That was cool!!! And yes, that final battle was epic. I was scared, but we made it. Good play by all. Arthur, that flying sword was pretty amazing!

I'm a bit nervous about the next adventure, being as I have no surges left, and we all know everyone likes to eat the dwarf first. I guess I will have to play a bit smarter. Not sure how many encounters I can survive without getting my surges back.

(Also, I can't wait till we get to level up again. I'd like to tweet my character just a bit at the next level up.)

Oh, and of course, it was totally awesome having my friend Dan Tapia there. It felt like a Palading was a pretty good addition to the team. Able to take damage, give damage, as well as heal.
    Arthur
    Arthur

Post by Arthur Tue May 12, 2015 6:57 pm

Yeah the healing from the paladin was super helpful.
    Paks the ranger has 46HP and 3 surges left. she also has a potion of fortitude that will give 15 temporary HP
    ajury
    ajury

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2015-01-19

WAR! I Need A Break Mission - Surges Remaining - DM Comments Empty great night

Post by ajury Tue May 12, 2015 10:47 pm

I thought things went perfectly, tough bridge fight.

Nice to see Dan T wish the other fellows could have made it....

Great place great DM, I like how you keep the flow moving.

Good times thanks...

Art
    Teramotos
    Teramotos

Post by Teramotos Wed May 13, 2015 11:52 am

Nad the paladin has 31HP and 7 surges left. (from the other thread)

Okay, SF Manticore rallies in the village and rests for five hours. A couple of orc scouts are sighted in the distance, but nothing more than that. After being fed an excellent meal of fried trout, fresh spiced vegetables baked in a dutch oven, and homemade wheat rolls, with ample amounts of ale and wine to wash it all down, by the villagers, some of the team even manages to get in a short nap.

Thain and Raistlin regain three surges each, Pax regains two surges and Nad regains one surge. Vidia is standing watch much of the time and does not regain a surge, but she feels really good. Everyone's Action Points is reset to One.

I'm actually coming down with a cold, and will have to play it a bit by ear on when we can continue with Part 2.

Arthur
    Arthur

Post by Arthur Wed May 13, 2015 1:41 pm

okay.
    Teramotos
    Teramotos

Post by Teramotos Wed May 13, 2015 2:09 pm

Oh, No Daily Powers and No Daily Magic Item Powers are regained. If you've used a Daily, it's not available for Part 2.

ajury
    ajury

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2015-01-19

Post by ajury Mon May 25, 2015 8:30 pm

thanks for the great adventure!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 am