Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

Latest topics
» Game for 17 August??
Yesterday at 6:51 am by Teramotos

» August 10th - Tomb of Sakatha Part 1 - the A or B Team?
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:38 pm by Rotary10

» PaX Prime Seattle 2018
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:09 pm by Ross

» Self Defense Class - Saturday 28th July - Hashimoto Party
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:07 pm by Teramotos

» Dark Knights Rising Mini - Silk
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:03 pm by Teramotos

» Hell Spawns
Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:05 pm by Dwarmaj

» August Games - Let Get Them on the Calendar!!
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:24 pm by PlaguePixie

» Figures for Post Slave Lords - Sakatha's Tomb
Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:06 pm by Dwarmaj

» Against the Giants??? PC only Thread
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:24 pm by Mick

August 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kims TaeKwonDo Portland Open Grand Championships

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Absolutely exhausted and just pretty much rested all day (Sunday) today after the tournament yesterday in Portland.

Kobe - lost his first match to the Junior who eventually placed 2nd in the division and Kobe won all his matches in the loser's bracket to finish 3rd; quite the battle; have great videos. Kobe maintains his style of being the prototypical counter attacker. Fighting his way back up the ladder to third, not a single match went all the way to the end of regulation as Kobe would score the max points against his opponents well before time ran out. I don't think I was able to crush any of my opponents like that with all my matches ending at regulation time and then going to "decision" (higher point count).

Stuart - 2nd in the Men's BB LW Division but the real story is the 2nd place finish in the Senior Advanced Division where in the second round of eliminations I drew Mike as my opponent. There was quite a crowd of spectators and I fell behind by a full point right away. Fought back to take the lead only to have Mike tie the score right at the end of regulation time, forcing OT. Scored on a quick lunging side kick to finally beat my own brother. Mike did place first in the men's brown belt LW division.

Kellie won her division and my nephew Devin placed 3rd in his division. None of the five of us that competed placed in forms. I was the only one of the five of us that placed in board breaking, taking third in the mens black belt division with a very unique inside to outside block break through 2" (a very difficult break).

Great pizza party with all the other Renton people afterward and then the long van ride home. Was nice to ride in my brother's van; think that was the first Portland tourney I went to where I didn't have to drive.

View user profile
Sounds like you guys did well and had a great time. Congrats. Very Happy

View user profile
Yep, it was a really fun time...very nerve racking having to fight my own brother though; can't let your little brother beat you (at anything), right?

ST

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum