Northwest Gamers
Welcome to the Northwest Gamers Forums. Please Login or Register.
Northwest Gamers

Forum for the Northwest Gamers

July 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Black Belt Extravaganza V - Shoreline

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Black Belt Extravaganza V - Shoreline on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Lee's Martial Arts has invited all members of Kim's TaeKwonDo to their "Black Belt Extravaganza V". This event is also open to the general public. This is their Black Belt Pre-Test and Lee's is partnered with a Shoreline TaeKwonDo School and the two schools hold this event two times a year. It is Sunday, June 17th (Yes, Father's Day) at 3 PM at Shorewood High School 17300 Fremont AVE N, Shoreline, WA 98133. I understand that in addition to the testing, there will be demos and other performances for the public. Admission is Free. Kobe and I are strongly considering going. Let me know if you are interested in going also.

View user profile

2 Re: Black Belt Extravaganza V - Shoreline on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:48 pm

Teramotos wrote: Kobe and I are strongly considering going. Let me know if you are interested in going also.

Father's day is no conflict for me.

View user profile

3 Re: Black Belt Extravaganza V - Shoreline on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:26 pm

Although this was like a month and a half ago, I'll comment. We did go and it was GREAT! For being a free show, it really was a "show". About an hour and 20 min of action. It was all to music; warming up (group blocks and strikes), forms to music (smaller groups), weapon demos, kicking drills (some pretty impressive kickers), Olympic style TKD sparring matches (really neat w a few nationally rated students), and of course board (and brick) breaking. It was a really neat show and well worth it. It did help that Kobe's elementary school classmate, Roman (also an 11 year old black belt and the son of the Owner of Lee's Martial Arts, the school hosting the event) sat next to us and added a lot of good commentary and explanation as to who the people on stage were and some of the finer points of the presentation. Roman's older brother and two older sisters were all performing; it appears you not only have to be an advanced belt, but you have to be a certain age to get up on stage in front of the public.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum